Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference (7780 Views)

Buhari Receives Amano, DG Of International Atomic Energy Agency (Pics) / Tell Him To Stop Harassing My Family - Turai Yar'adua Tells OBJ / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
Madness!!!9ja's President's Wife Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference!!

My pple for NL, What does an Atomic Energy Conference have to do with Turai Yaradua ? Dont we have Atomic Physics professors in Nigeria again ? O sorry, they are on strike so they Sent the presidents wife instead . na wa o !  grin grin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5458965-146/story.csp
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by bawomolo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
While in Vienna, Mrs. Turai will have separate meetings with the IAEA Director General, Muhammed El-Baradei, and the Secretary General of the OPEC FUND, Suleman Al-Herbish. She would also meet with the IAEA Director General designate, Yukiya Amano; the Director General of the UN Organisation in Vienna (UNOV), Antonio Costa; and the Director General of the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), KK Yumkellah.

grin grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
. . .While there, Turai will rub minds with the finest nuclear scientists on modern methods of firewood gathering and managing a charcoal fire. She will awe the bright minds with experiences of working ceaselessly to invent the next generation nuclear system; she has done all this by candlelight only; because something went wrong at PHCN, maybe they didn't have kerosine.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
Shame on all of Nigeria eeee!!!!! Roflmao!!! At least tell me this woman has a college degree or something!!! Why, oh why do we continue to allow this ooo?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by otokx(m): 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
The drama continues.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2009
How come she is the delegate?
Since when do the First Lady gets to represent a nation when we have able-bodied people?
I guess she thinks she is now Hillary Clinton? even Hillary never just bounce anyhow while she was the first lady.
What an insult
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
Mere reading it threw me into a state of in a state of emotional laceration and utter catalepsy. grin grin grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
nethacker:

Mere reading it threw me into a state of in a state of emotional laceration and utter catalepsy. grin grin grin

hahahahahahaha.
I can imagine what will come out of her mouth, mere jargons and now the world will get more laff and the saga continues.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by AjaraEwuro: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2009
Stupid people-  if this happens in other African countries- no eyebrows will be raised - whats the big deal in sending her to the meeting? Is she such a slowpoke as you people are trying to depict her to be or what Someone says why do we allow that to happen - i laugh - "WE" - who are the we here? You lost souls in the diaspora or which ones are the "WE"? Beside, how or what will you do to stop the wife's president? apply to take her place or what? You are any better than her?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
And folks like you will continue to blame the west and everyone else for shortchanging africa.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by back2back(f): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
Now this is beyond words!!

someone tell me it is not TRUE!!!

Stupid people-  if this happens in other African countries- no eyebrows will be raised - whats the big deal in sending her to the meeting? Is she such a slowpoke as you people are trying to depict her to be or what

She has no official or any business in IAEA conference!!!

when we should send our best & brightest we send this rubbish!

No wonder no progress in Nigeria!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by mekuslogan: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
she is on holiday and money laundering spree and simply using the meeting as a decoy. grow up people
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by hollandis(f): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
Oga goodluck go just dey smile like sheep .Turai dey usurp him offie.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by faoni572(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
When will all these shameful things stop in Nigeria?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Epiphany(m): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
My God. This is another reason we cant move forward very fast. The people that should be attending the conference are on strike. This means that there wont be relevant brains present at this conference to learn anything new, as per what is happening in the world of Atomic Energy and how there can be joint programs between Naija and other parts of the forward world.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by kokoA(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
When I was this on T.V last night, I couldn't help hiding my head in shame for my dear country. When will all these end?
What has a first lady got to do with Nuclear energy. ehn?
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by AjaraEwuro: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
you can bury your head inside dirty- you all make no point- in fact - kill yourselves first.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Basildon1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
I love Naija, such a brazen move!
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by AloyEmeka6: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
Why do people enjoy tormenting themselves?. It's obvious she will not understand nada in that conference except felicitations. Why bother herself with such boring conference when she should be in London shopping with our money?. May be she is a physicist and wannabe professor.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by citizenY(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
[b]
@posters;;

"Mrs. Turai would also hold discussions with officials of the IAEA on the agency's Programme of Action Against Cancer Theraphy (PACT) on behalf of her International Cancer Centre, Abuja (ICCA as well as inaugurate the Nigerian Embassy's website, before meeting the Austrian chapter of the Nigerians In Diaspora Organisation (NIDO)."
Unquote.

Not that i support all this junketing and First lady trash but I Hope everyone read the above ,quoted from the news item in reference.

We need to establish if she is part of a delegation and whether the relevant/appropriate government agency is represented part of the delegation.

Our journalists must go the extra mile. They should be  more resourceful in gathering and presenting news.

Mis-representations and inaccuracies that could have been avoided. Nairalanders should also take pains to go through news items  with a "tooth comb" .

Unfortunately, and sadly too, the PR persons in these delegations are also on the "gravy train"in Wherever to see our comments and give explanations.
Dem go dey for advance party.[/b]
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by shesi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
this is not such bad news. what are you ppl going on about. first ladies all over the world represent their countries at high level functions.  she is probably just the head of the delegation merely in a ceremonial capacity. i'm sure she's accompanied by energy bigwigs.

seriously, a first lady who wants to work rather than sit in some mansion somewhere should be applauded.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by shesi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
also the atomic energy conference is not an academic forum so it is not necessarily for physics professors only or anything like that. It's for all stakeholders, governments, business leaders, opinion leaders, environmental groups, etc
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

you can bury your head inside dirty- you all make no point- in fact - kill yourselves first.
Senseless!!!perhaps u r not a Nigerian in 9ja.If u hv nothing reasonable to contribute,just shut that thing u call a mouth angry angry
shesi:

this is not such bad news. what are you ppl going on about. first ladies all over the world represent their countries at high level functions.  she is probably just the head of the delegation merely in a ceremonial capacity. i'm sure she's accompanied by energy bigwigs.

seriously, a first lady who wants to work rather than sit in some mansion somewhere should be applauded.
Funny grin .Must she be d one? shocked
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by IKEYMAN1: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
@@@@

those monkey crew dnt know when to stop!!

asshole rocks

what do u expect
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by DisGuy: 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
Was wondering the same too BUT she with some NGOs are building an international cancer Centre
so there's a link
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
Folks chill El-Baradei himself who leads IAEA did not spend all his life in the lab discovering what Galileo Galilee did not discover
Elbaredei studied law in cairo, so lets not make it out as if only nuclear physicists walk through the doors of IAEA.

However Turai has no business representing Nigeria at an Atomic Conference because she is neither the Energy Minister nor the Science and Technology Minister.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2009
Dis Guy:

Was wondering the same too BUT she with some NGOs are building an international cancer Centre
so there's a link

sorry wanna learn of the relationship between cancer and atomic energy.

please advise me
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Beaf: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
Dis Guy:

so there's a link

Hmmm! Because cancer needs radiation machines. . .

So nowadays NGO's dey go nuclear energy conference with import documents for radiation machines?

That is just making Nigeria look damn stupid.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by citizenY(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2009
What is all this hue and cry about. People should read the article before making comments.
she is seeing there in respect of her NGO and it is ok and I am sure the govetnment officials there will do
their appropriate duties in any forum.

Do not criticise just for the sake of it. It is not helpful.

We must not trivialise this right to differ
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by nethacker(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
mikeansy:

Folks chill El-Baradei himself who leads IAEA did not spend all his life in the lab discovering what Galileo Galilee did not discover
Elbaredei studied law in cairo, so lets not make it out as if only nuclear physicists walk through the doors of IAEA.
However Turai has no business representing Nigeria at an Atomic Conference because she is neither the Energy Minister nor the Science and Technology Minister.
U hv spoken wisely abt el-baradei n Turai my guy.Perhaps she might want to show dat she is puritanically committed, inscrutably remonstrative, ideologically transcendental, quixotically cosmopolitan grin grin  and a ready 2 take the place of her hubby.Wat a man can do a woman can do better grin grin
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Remii(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2009
mikeansy:

sorry wanna learn of the relationship between cancer and atomic energy.

please advise me

Atomic energy release is called radiation which can cause cancer if one is exposed to it enough. that is the main reason for non usage of nuclear weapons. atomic energy agencies regulates use and operation of radiation generating equipment and activities all over the world, these includes medical X ray, chemoteraphy, etc. It is possible that as part of control and mitigation of effect of emission the agency have fund for cancer management so her visit maybe relevant.
Re: Turai Yar'adua Arrives Vienna For Atomic Energy Conference by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
nethacker:

it seems a lot of nairalanders urgently need to see a therapist.

The way you're all talking of mental breakdowns and emotional collapse is a sign of a deeper problem unrelated to whatever you say is triggering it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Register For National I.d Card In Lagos / President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami / Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.