Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:10 AM

Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved (2241 Views)

Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix / Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2016
Here are prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) healthy habits, which happen to be backed scientifically today!

Early Riser: Prophet Muhammad(SAW) slept early and woke up with the Adhan of Fajr each day. Being an early riser has scientifically been correlated with better productivity, as well as better mental health in general. So, waking up early may be hard but with baby steps, even if it’s just waking up 15 minutes earlier to start with, you can begin improving your quality of life.

1 Share

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2016
Eating Less: The practice of eating
less to prevent sickness and disease
was emphasized by Prophet
Muhammad (PBUH), and now backed
heavily by science much later. The
Islamic concept ‘1/3 for your food, 1/3
for your liquids, and 1/3 for your
breath’ matches very closely to the
Japanese ‘hara hachi bu’ concept,
which means eat until you are only
80% full. Read more about the health
benefits of the ‘hara hachi bu’ practice
here.(thedailycrisp.com/is-calorie-restriction-the-key-to-longevity)

Eating Slowly: We now know that it
takes our body 20 minutes to send
signals to our brain that it is full. Slow
eating will help you eat less food and
improve your digestion, and it is a
practice Muhammad (PBUH) did
himself and strongly advocated. Read
more about slow, mindful eating here (thedailycrisp.com/eat-mastering-mindful-eating)
Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2016
Mindful Eating: ‘Eat together and not separately, for the blessing is associated with the company’. The prophet stressed this, and today sharing and enjoying food has been proven to reduce stress, improve family and romantic relationships, and build healthy eating habits within children.
Water: ‘Do not drink water in one breath, but drink it in two or three breaths’, is the manner by which Muhammad (PBUH) drank water. Science today proves that when a person drinks too much water in a short period of time they can experience headaches, imbalance in blood electrolyte levels and sometimes dizziness too. Drinking slowly helps you actually absorb the fluid and get the most benefit out of it.

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2016
Pomegranates: Pomegranates are thought to have been the prophet’s(SAW) favorite fruit, and modern scientific research has proven pomegranates to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They contain manganese, which helps in the formation of bone structures during the metabolic process, and potassium, which aids in maintaining cellular function and keeps a balance in fluid levels. They are also potent in flavonoids and polyphenols, antioxidants which protect our bodies against heart disease.

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2016
Fasting: Recent evidence is showing that not just the food we eat, but our eating timings and patterns also have a profound impact on our health. Fasting was a regular practice of Muhammad’s (PBUH) life, not just during Ramadan. He would fast until Maghrib every Monday and Thursday, and also on the 13th, 14th and 15th of each month. This is similar to the intermittent fasting practice, which has been proven to balance hormone levels, prevent oxidative stress, and reduce overall inflammation. When you think about it, the less food you put into your body the less it focuses on digestion and the more it can focus on healing itself from certain ailments!

Dates: Dates are the perfect foods to break your fast as they stabilize your blood sugar levels, rebalance blood electrolyte levels, and help kick start your digestive system in preparation for food. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also recommended dates to be eaten in the lead up to childbirth. Dates are now proven to boost oxytocin production in your body and speed up labor.

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2016
Staying Active: Fulfilling three of the five pillars of Islam requires that Muslims be of sound health and fitness; prayer in itself is a form of exercise that requires movement of your body’s muscles and joints. Good health is also necessary if you intend to fast or participate in Hajj. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) strongly encouraged physical exercise and told parents to encourage physical activity in their children too by ‘teaching them swimming, horse riding, and archery’.

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by onetrack(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Buddha said most of this a thousand years before Muhammad. Also a number of Greek and Roman philosophers recognized this as well. None of this was new information.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2016
onetrack:
Buddha said most of this a thousand years before Muhammad. Also a number of Greek and Roman philosophers recognized this as well. None of this was new information.

This post is not about comparing what someone said or whatnot. It is however about a how man who can neither read nor write had a vast knowledge about such things which scientists now approved to be true.

P.S. Prophet Mohammed didn't start Islam nor did he found it. He continued what other prophets started and with the will of Allah improved on it. Alhamdullilahi he was able to finish his work before he died.
My prophet is not into any competion with anybody. Islam is not in competition with any
religion either.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by annunaki2(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2016
Presbulg:

This post is not about comparing what someone said or whatnot. It is however about a how man who can neither read nor write had a vast knowledge about such things which scientists now approved to be true.

P.S. Prophet Mohammed didn't start Islam nor did he found it. He continued what other prophets started and with the will of Allah improved on it. Alhamdullilahi he was able to finish his work before he died.
My prophet is not into any competion with anybody. Islam is not in competition with any
religion either.

If your 'prophet' had such healthy habits, how come he had lice in his hair? How come he had syphilis?

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by kuss: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2016
annunaki2:

If your 'prophet' had such healthy habits, how come he had lice in his hair? How come he had syphilis?

dirty womanizer

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by onetrack(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2016
Presbulg:

religion either.

Muhammad was the founder of Islam. He simply attached it to Jewish and Christian traditions in order to claim that he was continuing their religions. Nothing more.

And Muhammad may have been illiterate (conflicting evidence), but that does not mean he was isolated from the world around him. He clearly learned a lot by the time he was 40.

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
onetrack:

Muhammad was the founder of Islam. He simply attached it to Jewish and Christian traditions in order to claim that he was continuing their religions. Nothing more.

And Muhammad may have been illiterate (conflicting evidence), but that does not mean he was isolated from the world around him. He clearly learned a lot by the time he was 40.

It's either you have very little knowledge about Islam or you trying to engage me in some sort of debate. Ain't got no time for that.

either way, try and click on the link below to know what Islam is all about. I'd say this tho, Islam is more than a religion, it's a total way of life.

www.nairaland.com/152378/most-frequently-asked-questions-islam

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by annunaki2(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Presbulg:

It's either you have very little knowledge about Islam or you trying to engage me in some sort of debate. Ain't got no time for that.

either way, try and click on the link below to know what Islam is all about. I'd say this tho, Islam is more than a religion, it's a total way of life.

Yes it's a way of life that breeds terrorists and inhibits muslims from using their brains.

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by onetrack(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Presbulg:

It's quite possible that I, an atheist, know more about Islam than you.

And why would I want a 'total way of life' told to me by ancients? I do quite well on my own, thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by dolphinheart(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
@op, please what about camel urine and housefly wings!

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Presbulg(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
onetrack:

It's quite possible that I, an atheist, know more about Islam than you

I don't doubt that. There's knowledge and then there's wisdom.

And why would I want a 'total way of life' told to me by ancients? I do quite well on my own, thank you. smiley

By this statement you sure as hell don't know Islam.
Nobody can force anyone to believe in God. Only God himself can.

Peace.
Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by annunaki2(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
dolphinheart:

That one too has been scientifically proven naa grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by annunaki2(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Presbulg:

I don't doubt that. There's knowledge and then there's wisdom.

By this statement you sure as hell don't know Islam.
Nobody can force anyone to believe in God. Only God himself can.

Peace.

If you truly believe in the true God, there is absolutely no way you will be a muslim. In fact you will find islam nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by dolphinheart(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
annunaki2:

That one too has been scientifically proven naa grin cheesy
REPLAY!
Re: Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) : 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved by Amberon11: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
Exactly what i was gonna say, grin

Imagine the pile of shit that this nigga posted. As if anybody of these things were new during his time. No wonder Muslims know absolutely nothing. The earth is still flat to them.
dolphinheart:

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Asking Someone To Prove Thay "God Doesnt Exist" Is Ignorance. / The Main Thing In Life / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2024 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.