Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' (25591 Views)

10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by gameaddict(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Drguzzykola:

Fact still remain fact that u gat no phenomenon proving against my talk of dream and menopause birth,

Choi, they spent billions to prove things, I should now do that on atheist that will come and tell me the proving video was edited, abeg, no worry, ure d defaulted that need to be convince since ur negligence to believe deity existence might cost u ur life paraventure they exist, then take time to do the finding ur self, the best I can do is to tell u they exist with typing fact here, I gat nothing to loose if they don't at the end of life , abi is there any odd part for people that aren't atheist after death ? NO

, yes there are witch in my village, I won't mind to describe the location so u can go on research OYO.

Except for the fact that you are ignoring the occurrences in other religions and non-religious erstwhile barren people giving birth without medical aid or prayer which points to natural possibilities. Those occurrences and your inability to bring evidence to rule out other possibilities is what weakens your claim of causality. I don't have to lift a finger here, you bring the claim, you bring the proof which rules out other possibilities in your claim. That is how proving something works. You cannot assert something and say the occurrence of a prophetic occurrence before hand is proof of causality without bringing in evidence to rule out other possibilities.

Also, the fact that dreams are random, weird and consistently fail to accurately model or predict the real world is the evidence against it's reliability in terms of prediction. Being correct once isn't proof of anything. That is not how we establish what is true.

I don't see why I have to keep repeating myself about the above especially given that if we are to bring in the totality of occurrences and evidence, science trumps supernatural claims which is for example why hospitals, not churches or mosques are mandatory for sick dependants. Adults can believe in rice and die in churches for all we care.

Lastly, I find it funny that you are scared that people will claim your video was edited. You think scientists aren't wary of the chance that someone will claim they are lying? That is why there is a scientific method and systems for reviewing publications and findings. That is why we have to back up our claims with evidence. It is not a perfect system but it is the best we've got and if you cannot subject your claim to rigorous examination then stop making that claim.

If NASA can be accused of faking the moon landing, who are you to expect otherwise?

Also, anyone who claims it is edited would have have to convince us that it could have been edited. They would have to convince us that you have the capacity and ability to fake such in fact. Also do you think that people won't do their research and even ask for your village to see if your claim is true given that you have given them a good reason to proceed with the research? In fact, they would give you millions to bring more documentary evidence.

You think scientists have it easy? Despite the rigours of the scientific method, the system is far from perfect so we are constantly having to check and recheck, to verify and falsify. To adapt and improve. We cannot simply be content with 'God did it' for that is how complacency and evil becomes the norm.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Drguzzykola(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
gameaddict:

Except for the fact that you are ignoring the occurrences in other religions and non-religious erstwhile barren people giving birth without medical aid or prayer which points to natural possibilities. Those occurrences and your inability to bring evidence to rule out other possibilities is what weakens your claim of causality. I don't have to lift a finger here, you bring the claim, you bring the proof which rules out other possibilities in your claim. That is how proving something works. You cannot assert something and say the occurrence of a prophetic occurrence before hand is proof of causality without bringing in evidence to rule out other possibilities.

Also, the fact that dreams are random, weird and consistently fail to accurately model or predict the real world is the evidence against it's reliability in terms of prediction. Being correct once isn't proof of anything. That is not how we establish what is true.

I don't see why I have to keep repeating myself about the above especially given that if we are to bring in the totality of occurrences and evidence, science trumps supernatural claims which is for example why hospitals, not churches or mosques are mandatory for sick dependants. Adults can believe in rice and die in churches for all we care.

Lastly, I find it funny that you are scared that people will claim your video was edited. You think scientists aren't wary of the chance that someone will claim they are lying? That is why there is a scientific method and systems for reviewing publications and findings. That is why we have to back up our claims with evidence. It is not a perfect system but it is the best we've got and if you cannot subject your claim to rigorous examination then stop making that claim.

If NASA can be accused of faking the moon landing, who are you to expect otherwise?

Also, anyone who claims it is edited would have have to convince us that it could have been edited. They would have to convince us that you have the capacity and ability to fake such in fact. Also do you think that people won't do their research and even ask for your village to see if your claim is true given that you have given them a good reason to proceed with the research? In fact, they would give you millions to bring more documentary evidence.

You think scientists have it easy? Despite the rigours of the scientific method, the system is far from perfect so we are constantly having to check and recheck, to verify and falsify. To adapt and improve. We cannot simply be content with 'God did it' for that is how complacency and evil becomes the norm.
av told u I gat better things to do than wasting my time on doing good research for athiest, tell me to describe my village to u if u don't have then I can help with that, do the research ur self and make the money, my profession given money is OK for my living
Fact is i gat nothing to loose if I die and discover religious was fake, u gat to be the victim if u die and discover religious was right,Choi, u are doomed.
so do the research ur self, I ll describe my village for u if u won't mind going, (am helpful) so wen u get there tell them they should show u /try what they are upto on u (can't laugh abeg, those niggas ll b like there is possibility here o see free material@this kind head go fit vomit money wella, , there gods /deity will b happy to see u around abeg.
Yoruba adage says(Omode e omogun, onpeelefor). Lwkmd
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by gameaddict(m): 12:16am On Jul 29, 2016
Drguzzykola:

av told u I gat better things to do than wasting my time on doing good research for athiest, tell me to describe my village to u if u don't have then I can help with that, do the research ur self and make the money, my profession given money is OK for my living
Fact is i gat nothing to loose if I die and discover religious was fake, u gat to be the victim if u die and discover religious was right,Choi, u are doomed.
so do the research ur self, I ll describe my village for u if u won't mind going, (am helpful) so wen u get there tell them they should show u /try what they are upto on u (can't laugh abeg, those niggas ll b like there is possibility here o see free material@this kind head go fit vomit money wella, , there gods /deity will b happy to see u around abeg.
Yoruba adage says(Omode e omogun, onpeelefor). Lwkmd

You keep making claims but find it a waste of time to prove them yet expect anyone to believe you? I'd do the research myself but there is no single evidence that I'll find anything magical in your village so you'll have to do better. Why should I go to your village specifically when no one has proven anything about magic in the whole of Nigeria? Is your village magical and different? Perhaps it's some hot spot for magic on this planet?

Despite all the blood money claims, no African is richer than Bill Gates. Perhaps it's because the blood money isn't real? Despite all the magic, we lost out to the Europeans when they discovered Europe. Perhaps its because magic isn't real? Despite all the magic, wars have only been won by real weapons, made out of natural elements rather than magic. Perhaps it's because magic isn't real? On and on we go.

As to whether I'm doomed or not if religion turns out to be real, I don't think you've considered that there are many religions in the world and that greatly reduces the probability of being right even if you are religious. If there happens to be a supernatural being who wants to punish us, you'd be in as much danger as the atheists you mock. LOL! And who's to say you won't be destroyed some time later even if you were right? I didn't get the memo that said freewill will be eliminated and that you'd become incapable of offending that being. So again, on and on we go.

Those that are doomed however, if we go with the resurrection and suffering claim can still be of the opinion even then that the being was wrong and may even be right from our perspective especially given the lack of evidence presented as to the existence of such being. It would be suffering as you claim but you would still have freewill. And who says the saved ones won't join you in that hell later on. Who knows?

Of course, after death, if it turns out that nothing exists, you would lose nothing in death but for those of us that care about humanity and the future, enough to actually investigate these boundless claims, whether we feel it or not, will have done the right thing.

Atheists are atheists not because they hate gods, but because they follow evidence and care enough to ensure that they do the best by their fellow man as far as these claims are concerned. Whether or not it ends in death or hell, it would have been worth it and based on what we knew, not empty conjecture and that would be satisfaction enough, even in imaginary hell.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Drguzzykola(m): 2:24am On Jul 29, 2016
gameaddict:

You keep making claims but find it a waste of time to prove them yet expect anyone to believe you? I'd do the research myself but there is no single evidence that I'll find anything magical in your village so you'll have to do better. Why should I go to your village specifically when no one has proven anything about magic in the whole of Nigeria? Is your village magical and different? Perhaps it's some hot spot for magic on this planet?

Despite all the blood money claims, no African is richer than Bill Gates. Perhaps it's because the blood money isn't real? Despite all the magic, we lost out to the Europeans when they discovered Europe. Perhaps its because magic isn't real? Despite all the magic, wars have only been won by real weapons, made out of natural elements rather than magic. Perhaps it's because magic isn't real? On and on we go.

As to whether I'm doomed or not if religion turns out to be real, I don't think you've considered that there are many religions in the world and that greatly reduces the probability of being right even if you are religious. If there happens to be a supernatural being who wants to punish us, you'd be in as much danger as the atheists you mock. LOL! And who's to say you won't be destroyed some time later even if you were right? I didn't get the memo that said freewill will be eliminated and that you'd become incapable of offending that being. So again, on and on we go.

Those that are doomed however, if we go with the resurrection and suffering claim can still be of the opinion even then that the being was wrong and may even be right from our perspective especially given the lack of evidence presented as to the existence of such being. It would be suffering as you claim but you would still have freewill. And who says the saved ones won't join you in that hell later on. Who knows?

Of course, after death, if it turns out that nothing exists, you would lose nothing in death but for those of us that care about humanity and the future, enough to actually investigate these boundless claims, whether we feel it or not, will have done the right thing.

Atheists are atheists not because they hate gods, but because they follow evidence and care enough to ensure that they do the best by their fellow man as far as these claims are concerned. Whether or not it ends in death or hell, it would have been worth it and based on what we knew, not empty conjecture and that would be satisfaction enough, even in imaginary hell.
Oga, don't talk plenty hey, Maa describe my own villa give u
, this is public, make we talk am privately, seems this talk is going to yield positive conclusion of u going over there for research, beside how many village have u visited in d past this one u are saying maybe only my village own is the one working,
They won't be rich like Bill gate just because ritual money has limit, thus a need to renew, at least using atheist like u ll too make sense, I mean just tell them u are here to see what they are upto(don't worry they won't need to chop ur head @they Don moderniz there strategy, all they need is taking u in close door incantate for ya head and let see if u no go Waka till u die for hotness(madness).

I now see from ur comment that ur life after death is based" on at least u ll know u did the right thing "which has no profit to distinguish u from religious niggas(SHM) that are theist
And now don't u think it is absurd to base ur ending life after death on probability of ( this is not d game where u win or loose, this iz the game where u win or doom for eternity)
Beside I never force u to believe coz I gat no full evidence, I only gave insight to reality
_#shalom
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by gameaddict(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Drguzzykola:

Oga, don't talk plenty hey, Maa describe my own villa give u
, this is public, make we talk am privately, seems this talk is going to yield positive conclusion of u going over there for research, beside how many village have u visited in d past this one u are saying maybe only my village own is the one working,
They won't be rich like Bill gate just because ritual money has limit, thus a need to renew, at least using atheist like u ll too make sense, I mean just tell them u are here to see what they are upto(don't worry they won't need to chop ur head @they Don moderniz there strategy, all they need is taking u in close door incantate for ya head and let see if u no go Waka till u die for hotness(madness).

I now see from ur comment that ur life after death is based" on at least u ll know u did the right thing "which has no profit to distinguish u from religious niggas(SHM) that are theist
And now don't u think it is absurd to base ur ending life after death on probability of ( this is not d game where u win or loose, this iz the game where u win or doom for eternity)
Beside I never force u to believe coz I gat no full evidence, I only gave insight to reality
_#shalom

How do you know the wealth limits of blood money? Do tell. Perhaps you know something the rest of us don't and can prove it or is it just conjecture? Lies to cover more lies?

And I've visited many Nigerian states, lived in the North, South East, and South Western parts of Nigeria. In all my travels, I haven't encountered one single evidence even when I was a tenant of a self described native doctor who started his day by ringing bells to his idols during my NYSC days. How's that for being in the thick of it?

As to the issue of probability, Pascal's wager, i.e if I die and nothing happens bla bla bla, is essentially a gamble and thus can be analysed with probability and if you've taken any time to actually study it, you'd know the chance of winning, is incredibly small as to make the wager bad. That is even assuming that a supernaturally supreme being is interested in the wager and their definition of good aligns with yours.

There is no insight to reality in all you've said. At best, you've revealed that like those who partake in blood money rituals, you are taken by fantasy and fear despite a lack of evidence as to the content of your beliefs.

Science has not forced me to believe anything, I was simply given facts to examine and experiments to conduct. More so, I can present contrary evidence to invalidate currently accepted theories. Science isn't even antagonistic to the spiritual if they exist. It is simply against claims that cannot be backed with evidence. Religion has however tried to indoctrinate me and consistently told me to ignore reality and follow blindly in expectation of rewards while dangling fear in my face. Truth need not hide itself or dangle fear in my face.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by AntiWailer: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ymodulus:

Quran, Bible and all religious books

I think Atheists are extreme and don't want to be caught doing anything with them.

For u I created an exception because you have got a good heart. grin and use you brain better than most religious bigots.

At least I have got one Atheist as a friend now.

Take good care of yourself and dnt put too much pressure on ur health because I know u 2 like work. smiley

How are u doing ?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by orisa37: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
A blind person who says he's just sleeping, isn't he deceiving himself? You're in Hell right now and yet you don't know, who are you deceiving? Hell, Hades, Sheol etc are all on earth controlled by Devil.Heaven is Home to all Believers.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by christinnah(f): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2016
Heaven is for real also hell is for real.... May the Lord God open all you people's mind and tell everyone the truth.

God bless you all... cry cry cry
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Drguzzykola(m): 10:39am On Aug 03, 2016
gameaddict:

How do you know the wealth limits of blood money? Do tell. Perhaps you know something the rest of us don't and can prove it or is it just conjecture? Lies to cover more lies?

And I've visited many Nigerian states, lived in the North, South East, and South Western parts of Nigeria. In all my travels, I haven't encountered one single evidence even when I was a tenant of a self described native doctor who started his day by ringing bells to his idols during my NYSC days. How's that for being in the thick of it?

As to the issue of probability, Pascal's wager, i.e if I die and nothing happens bla bla bla, is essentially a gamble and thus can be analysed with probability and if you've taken any time to actually study it, you'd know the chance of winning, is incredibly small as to make the wager bad. That is even assuming that a supernaturally supreme being is interested in the wager and their definition of good aligns with yours.

There is no insight to reality in all you've said. At best, you've revealed that like those who partake in blood money rituals, you are taken by fantasy and fear despite a lack of evidence as to the content of your beliefs.

Science has not forced me to believe anything, I was simply given facts to examine and experiments to conduct. More so, I can present contrary evidence to invalidate currently accepted theories. Science isn't even antagonistic to the spiritual if they exist. It is simply against claims that cannot be backed with evidence. Religion has however tried to indoctrinate me and consistently told me to ignore reality and follow blindly in expectation of rewards while dangling fear in my face. Truth need not hide itself or dangle fear in my face.
Young man,u like unnecessary talksha, say I no get evidence,
how many time will I repeat myself, pm me and let me describe my villa for u, go there and test, at least ur fate depend on it, so do before it's too late
Mind u, still uv only given intelligent but weak induction to disprove the fact behind dream and menopause birth.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Sinkills: 11:25am On Aug 03, 2016
One can argue from now till he dies, the reality is still the reality. Since there is God and He cannot lie, then hell fire exists. But it is not for you. It is only for those who refuse to repent of their sins and accept Christ Jesus as Lord and Saviour before they die. I know you will not be that foolish. Thank God that you can make your ways right with God even now.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by seggzz(m): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sinkills:
I just hope youmake your ways right with Him are sincere with your questions. I od is not passionate about sending anybody to hell fire. That is why he has kept you alive to hear the gospel and . Secondly, God did not create the various religions. It is the handwork of Satan to make people to have a form of religion [/b]without righteousness from Christ and yet end up in hell fire. [b]The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary. So no more questions. Believe, get saved and escape the damnation of hell. God bless you.
[/b]
1. [b]not passionate about sending anybody to hell fire?

And has created hell fire? Someone who dislikes sending people to hell continues sending children and unborn children to hell.
2. make your ways right with Him? Adultery (Hosea), lies (prophets of god), covetousness (Jesus and the rest), killing (god himself and other prophets of god) and still counting, are these right? What is the morale behind bible teachings that is even contradicting?
3. handwork of Satan to make people to have a form of religion? You really mean the devil (one of creation of god) created, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and other forms of religion. How are sure is still not the devil that created your religion (Christianity)? The creation of devil shows the imperfection of your biblical god.
4. The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary? Is it the only way Joshua and other men of god in Old Testament get to god by faith? What would happen to me if I am morally upright but don’t have faith on Jesus Christ? Would I still go to hell fire?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Sinkills: 7:25am On Aug 05, 2016
seggzz:

[/b]

And has created hell fire? Someone who dislikes sending people to hell continues sending children and unborn children to hell.
2. make your ways right with Him? Adultery (Hosea), lies (prophets of god), covetousness (Jesus and the rest), killing (god himself and other prophets of god) and still counting, are these right? What is the morale behind bible teachings that is even contradicting?
3. handwork of Satan to make people to have a form of religion? You really mean the devil (one of creation of god) created, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and other forms of religion. How are sure is still not the devil that created your religion (Christianity)? The creation of devil shows the imperfection of your biblical god.
4. The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary? Is it the only way Joshua and other men of god in Old Testament get to god by faith? What would happen to me if I am morally upright but don’t have faith on Jesus Christ? Would I still go to hell fire?I will only attempt to answer the 4th question for the benefit of those who want to know, not argue or blaspheme. There are people who repented of their sins, believed in God and pleased Him till the end. Examples include Enock, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Josiah, Hezekiah etc. Therefore, they were saved but non went to heaven as yet. Of course, since they were saved and have immortal souls, they were in Paradise or Abraham's bosom (Luke16:22, 23:43). It was after Christ resurrected, they were released as it were to heaven. Henceforth, New Testament saints now go to heaven by virtue of repentance and faith in Christ's vicarious sacrifice at the Cross of Calvary. It should also be noted that the standard of the Old and New Testaments are not the same because of the advantage we now enjoy. No person's moral standing or good works alone can qualify him or her for heaven. Christ is the divinely ordained Source of justification and righteousness. Accept it for your good or continue to pick holes and blaspheme as usual. The choice is yours.

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Sinkills: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
seggzz:

[/b]

4. The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary? Is it the only way Joshua and other men of god in Old Testament get to god by faith? What would happen to me if I am morally upright but don’t have faith on Jesus Christ? Would I still go to hell fire?

I just hope you are sincere with your last question. If you read the book of Acts 10 from 1 to the end, you will discover that Cornelius was a morally upright man who was also philanthropic and prayerful. But he needed the gospel to be preached so that he could believe on Christ in order to be saved. The implication is that if he he had relied on his moral uprightness alone, he would have been forever lost to languish in hell. As God did for Cornelius, so He will do for you and others who are sincere.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by afroxyz: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sinkills:
I just hope you are sincere with your questions. I want you to know that God is not passionate about sending anybody to hell fire. That is why he has kept you alive to hear the gospel and make your ways right with Him. Secondly, God did not create the various religions. It is the handwork of Satan to make people to have a form of religion without righteousness from Christ and yet end up in hell fire. The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary. So no more questions. Believe, get saved and escape the damnation of hell. God bless you.
How are you not sure that Christianity is not a creation of the devil? That's my problem with you xtians. You guys believe you have an exclusive right to God. How can God create 7 billion people in his image and each person is different from one another, even twins, now subscribe to a singular mode of worship?
When would you xtians understand that each religion is just man's way of trying to communicate with the supernatural? Stop all these 'only way' paradigms you people profess

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by afroxyz: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sinkills:
I just hope you are sincere with your questions. I want you to know that God is not passionate about sending anybody to hell fire. That is why he has kept you alive to hear the gospel and make your ways right with Him. Secondly, God did not create the various religions. It is the handwork of Satan to make people to have a form of religion without righteousness from Christ and yet end up in hell fire. The only way to get to God and heaven is true repentance from every sin and faith in Christ's finished work at Calvary. So no more questions. Believe, get saved and escape the damnation of hell. God bless you.
How are you not sure that Christianity is not a creation of the devil? That's my problem with you xtians. You guys believe you have an exclusive right to God. How can God create 7 billion people in his image and each person is different from one another, even twins, now subscribe to a singular mode of worship?
A religion that killed people, supported slavery and racism is now the chosen religion of God? Did Jesus himself even create religion? He came to abolish religion. Study your bible. When he died the veil in the holy of holies ripped from top to bottom. Signifying that we can approach God directly and not through priests, codes or laws. That's spirituality not religion.
When would you xtians understand that each religion is just man's way of trying to communicate with the supernatural? God is like the sun, depending on where you are the sun would have different dimensions. For some, the sun is rising, for others it is midnight, yet for some it is setting, but it is still the same sun. Stop all these 'only way' paradigms you people profess

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by Sinkills: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2016
afroxyz:

A religion that killed people, supported slavery and racism is now the chosen religion of God? Did Jesus himself even create religion? He came to abolish religion. Study your bible. When he died the veil in the holy of holies ripped from top to bottom. Signifying that we can approach God directly and not through priests, codes or laws. That's spirituality not religion.
When would you xtians understand that each religion is just man's way of trying to communicate with the supernatural? God is like the sun, depending on where you are the sun would have different dimensions. For some, the sun is rising, for others it is midnight, yet for some it is setting, but it is still the same sun. Stop all these 'only way' paradigms you people profess
I think we should get this straight: no religion is the way to God including the so-called Christian religion. Rather, Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. He is the only One who never sinned and who gave His life as an atonement for the sins of the whole world (past, present and future). I don't know of any other.You can inform me if there was, is or will be. If any one rejects Christ as Saviour, He can never get to heaven. If that offends you, I'm afraid there is no apology because saying otherwise is to deceive people by telling them what they want to hear. May God help you and others to accept the truth and be saved thereby in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by seggzz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
Sinkills:
I just hope you are sincere with your last question. If you read the book of Acts 10 from 1 to the end, you will discover that Cornelius was a morally upright man who was also philanthropic and prayerful. But he needed the gospel to be preached so that he could believe on Christ in order to be saved. The implication is that if he he had relied on his moral uprightness alone, he would have been forever lost to languish in hell. As God did for Cornelius, so He will do for you and others who are sincere.
What would you do if you wake up from death only to see a different kinds of god you Christian described ? I cannot follow a man(Jesus) who broke some Jewish laws. The man who broke the sabbath day, dishonour his parent, covet a donkey, change water to alcohol but Christians still say he had not sin... Who is deceiving whom?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sinkills:
There are people who seriously doubt the existence of hell fire - a place where unrepentant sinners are punished forever. Some agree that since the Holy Scriptures affirm its existence including Christ Himself (Psalms 9:17; Matthew 25:41,46; Luke 12:4,5; 16:22-31) then hell fire must be real. There are others who think that God is too merciful to cast the people He created into hell fire for all eternity. Well, you are entitled to your thoughts. However, my take is that one should be on the safer side. If you live your life with the belief that there is hell fire and you die only to discover that there is nothing like that, you don't have anything to lose, do you? On the other hand, if you believe there is no hell fire which affects tour attitude, lifestyle and choices and then you die only to be confronted with the reality of its existence, what will you do?
Christ Jesus, the Truth personified taught about hell fire more than in other man in history. Could He be lying. God forbid. All He did and taught were borne out of love, not to scare people. Believe it or not, hell fire exists because Christ said so. Thanks.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sinkills:
I think we should get this straight: no religion is the way to God including the so-called Christian religion. Rather, Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. He is the only One who never sinned and who gave His life as an atonement for the sins of the whole world (past, present and future). I don't know of any other.You can inform me if there was, is or will be. If any one rejects Christ as Saviour, He can never get to heaven. If that offends you, I'm afraid there is no apology because saying otherwise is to deceive people by telling them what they want to hear. May God help you and others to accept the truth and be saved thereby in Jesus' name, Amen.
Well said.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sinkills:
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
menxer:

Point of order, they are not biased, it's their work ethics.

The MODs know Christians won't throw bombs if God/Jesus is insulted but Muslims would if Allah/Mohammed is.
Hmmmmmmmmm!
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
menxer:

Point of order, they are not biased, it's their work ethics.

The MODs know Christians won't throw bombs if God/Jesus is insulted but Muslims would if Allah/Mohammed is.
Hmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
afroxyz:
For religion to be potent, its prolytizers have to first convince you that your soul is in trouble. That's the role hell plays in Christianity. But then I ask, how would God judge our forefathers who did not hear the imported gospel of Christianity? What parameters would he use? Also, how can God punish man for a sinful nature which man unwillingly obliged since according to the bible we are all born into sin? He created man, birthed him into sin and yet punish him for a sin that he has no hand in. So that means a day old baby would be sent to hell right? Then how can you tell me that Jesus who died 2000 years ago died for a sin which I have not yet committed? I am very sure I can't trace my lineage 2000 years back. So that means God already knows we would sin and yet punishes us. And yet he is merciful. My conclusion is that there is no hell. Simple!
You are right sir. God knew that you will sin even before you were born. It is not your fault that you born with the sin nature. The good news is that there is a way out of sin and the grievous consequences: Jesus Christ the Saviour. The controversy that God has with sinful humanity is not that we have sinned but that our reluctance to repent and come to the only One Who can save. That refusal is our fault. The consequence is thus ours. As for the new born baby, he/she cannot go to hell fire if he/she should die as a baby because he/she has not reached to the age of accountability. But thank God you are yet breathing. May you can get saved from sin today in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
SirDavico:
Hell fire does not exist. The ''hell fire'' refered to in the bible is symbolic of complete destruction, not eternal torment
Is that so? Please read the gospel according to Luke, chapter 12 verses 4 and 5. If hellfire is not real and horrifying, why will Christ sound a serious warning, even emphasizing the need to fear God in order to escape?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by UnchangeableGod: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
abbeyty:
i thought God was our father how can a father watch his son or daughter burns in fire no matter the offense.
Yes, God loves you and I so much. He is not willing that any of His creatures should go to hellfire and suffer for all eternity! That is why Christ came to the world to suffer and die. Those who are yet adamant in their sins are not God's children. They are children of Satan. They children of disobedience. Repent and believe on Christ's finished work at Calvary. You will be saved, become a child of God and you will not go to hellfire. God bless you.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' by SirDavico(m): 12:13am On Aug 03, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Is that so? Please read the gospel according to Luke, chapter 12 verses 4 and 5. If hellfire is not real and horrifying, why will Christ sound a serious warning, even emphasizing the need to fear God in order to escape?

If u study Jesus' method of teaching very well, you'll see that he always uses things that his listeners were familiar with to illustrate his point. Jesus was here telling his listeners to exercise self control over their body, This, in turn will help them to survive the coming judgment

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Israel Goodnews Balogun Detained By Police Over Suleman's 'Miracle Money' / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.