Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

9/11 And The Misconceptions About Non- Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 9/11 And The Misconceptions About Non- Muslims (1632 Views)

Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam / It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9/11 And The Misconceptions About Non- Muslims by bilms(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2009
9/11 and the misconceptions about non- muslims

every year this date reminds us that there are multiple gaps between muslims and non muslims even when living together in various parts of the world, which does not help understanding eachother, hence leading to misconceptions and hatred.
these gaps need bridging up by educating both the groups with the true concepts of islam.
this website & it's sister projects havealso endeavoured to do some work in this regard
Check out the relevant videos on you tube

http://www.studying-islam.org/showvideolinks.aspx?catid=17

and the special issue on this topic in our monthly Renaissance journal.

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=399

Whither International Relations?
Reflections
Shehzad Saleem

Almost six months have passed since that fateful morning of September 11 when several thousand innocent civilians of the United States were mercilessly massacred by a team of suicide pilots. The ghastly incident landed like a bolt from the blue and left the world shell-shocked. This time it was not the ‘Japs’. A band of ‘aggrieved’ Muslims had gone on rampage. Besmeared with the blood of peaceful citizens, these pilots or the masterminds behind them could never have imagined the extent of the carnage they were ultimately able to pull off.

The affects produced by this incident are far reaching and have influenced almost every domain of life. One such domain is the sphere of international relations. Of particular mention in this regard, is the question of Islam’s relationship with other religions and polities of the world. This question assumes great significance when it is taken into account that the perpetrators of this terrorist activity have put forth religious arguments for the mass murder they committed.

In my opinion, when we look at the arguments presented by these diehards and at the general Muslim stance regarding Islam and its relationship with other religions of the world, we find that there is something desperately wrong with the Muslim approach.

As a student of Islam, I have tried to ascertain in my humble capacity what exactly is ‘that wrong’. In the following pages, my findings appear in the form of a research article that spans the whole of this journal. I would request the serious reader to critically and carefully go through this work and send me his/her observations. I would specifically ask activists engaged in interfaith-dialogue to spare some time for this article.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Unity Week in Rabiul-Awwal / Is This Halal? / What Happens Afterlife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.