Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG (12802 Views)

Ortom Faults Buhari’s Letter To Senate, Tells IG To Resign If Overwhelmed / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Gambia: FG On Standby To Evacuate Nigerians - Abike Dabiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Abuja - The Senate on Thursday called on the Federal Government to put in necessary measures to evacuate Nigerians in South Sudan, currently facing internal conflicts.
The decision followed a Point of Order by the Deputy Spokesman of the Senate, Sen. Ben Bruce, at plenary.

Bruce while raising the point of order said that reports reaching him indicated that Nigerians in Sudan were the only nationals still left in the country in spite of the increasing tension.
According to him, rather than being evacuated by the authorities, Nigerians in South Sudan are being subjected to question and answer sessions and subsequently dismissed.

``As we speak, in the Hallowed Chamber, the fate of Nigerians in South Sudan is unknown and there are no indications that they have been evacuated,’’ he said.

Bruce urged the Senate to summon the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, to explain why Nigerians were allegedly abandoned in the war turn country.

The lawmaker also urged the senate to mandate the Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations, to carry out holistic investigation into what transpired between Nigerians at the Nigerian Embassy in the country.

In his remarks, the President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, said the relevant authorities would be communicated appropriately to ensure that the lives of Nigerians in South Sudan were not in danger.

``Ben Murray Bruce came to discuss this matter with me and I think that based on our rule there will be no debate.

``But we will get the message across to the relevant ministry to see that a thing like this doesn’t happen and action is taken to properly address the matter.’’
The Republic of South Sudan gained its independence from Sudan on July 9, 2011, following a referendum that passed with 98.83% of the vote.

The country, has however, suffered internal conflicts since its independence, with a resurgence of violence following its fifth anniversary as a country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/crisis-senate-urges-fg-evacuate-nigerians-south-sudan/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by predear(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Good move by D senate...reminding D executive of its duties as we only hav bunch of liars nd clueless pple as executhieves

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Asides the diplomatic workers, what will a sane Nigerian be doing in a war torn South sudan? A country that has never experienced peace within ever since it seceded from Sudan. This is a great lesson for the Igbo's who are sympathetic to biafra. I pity you all. There will never be peace in biafra because the minorities will rise against igbo domination. Do you think the SS minorities will like to be pawns in the hands of the igbos? Presently, the average ebonyi man is considered inferior igbo within the present structure. A governor from Imo state once sacked other igbo indigenes from Neighboring states. How will such people run biafra when there is no love and peace within? Nigeria cannot afford a refugee situation whereby biafrans will come here as IDP's. No country wants and unstable nation within its borders. South sudan is unstable because of power tussle. We warned against biafra but Nnamdi kanu brainwashed alot of vulnerable youths into believing his lies on his pirate radio. Biafra is not the solution. Let the sleeping dog lie. Lets work together to build a prosperous Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise sad

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
good we should care for our citizens outside the country.

This just clearly states the difference btw GEJ senate and PMB senate .
I expected such action during the xenophobic attacks in R South Africa.

No hate

You may not get this question unless you are a fervent Nairalander. Check out the Brain tasking question @
https://scholarzine./2016/07/21/iq-test-find-the-six-words-hidden-in-the-picture/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by dearsly(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
[s]
mrkayusfit:
Asides the diplomatic workers, what will a sane Nigerian be doing in a war torn South sudan? A country that has never experienced peace within ever since it seceded from Sudan. This is a great lesson for the Igbo's who are sympathetic to biafra. I pity you all. There will never be peace in biafra because the minorities will rise against igbo domination. Do you think the SS minorities will like to be pawns in the hands of the igbos? Presently, the average ebonyi man is considered inferior igbo within the present structure. A governor from Imo state once sacked other igbo indigenes from Neighboring states. How will such people run biafra when there is no love and peace within? Nigeria cannot afford a refugee situation whereby biafrans will come here as IDP's. No country wants and unstable nation within its borders. South sudan is unstable because of power tussle. We warned against biafra but Nnamdi kanu brainwashed alot of vulnerable youths into believing his lies on his pirate radio. Biafra is not the solution. Let the sleeping dog lie. Lets work together to build a prosperous Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise sad
[/s]

Afonja Speak 4 ya tribe...

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by herzern(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
90% of Niqerians in Southern Sudan are Biafrans.......can Ipob now see we Niqerians care for them cheesy cheesy

PS......Murray Bruce isnt a Biafran

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by MadCow1: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na wetin dem find go South Sudan? angry

As dem take reach there, make dem follow like that return. angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by room089: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na wa o!

In search for golden fleece, some would prefer to travel to hell.

4 Likes

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by cremedelacreme: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigerians de South Sudan too? Chei shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Them no get sense to return home by their self?

Please visit my signature... You'll be wowed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Almajiri1: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
The ones in IDP camps are already dying of hunger.
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by WASMOG(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
South Sudan loading another means of wasting tax payers money

1 Like

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Landloard01(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Residing in S-Sudan is same as residing in Sambisa Forest... Nigerians should leave that territory (south Sudan) and move forward... When there's life, there's still hope. Be it business, schooling, working or what have you, they just have to leave while still breathing... You cant eat your cake and have it. The federal government should act fast without delay on how to evacuate them and safe their lives...

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by eleojo23: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
nely:
what will Nigerians be doing in south Sudan? is that place part of going abroad, abeg Naija never bad reach that stage... commonsense

Many Nigerian are quick to get out of the country in search of perceived greener pastures but sometimes (if not most times) it ends up being a case of jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

2 Likes

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by nely(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
what will Nigerians be doing in south Sudan? is that place part of going abroad, abeg Naija never bad reach that stage... commonsense
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Vendoor(f): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Good move sir grin
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by maxwell767(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
cry
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by rheether(f): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
So we have Nigerians there too?
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by nell3: 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
the fear of biafra is the ............ guy why are you yarning dust. Face topic and leave biafrans alone

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by ALAYORMII: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Okocha dem wey dey Turkey nko??

Dem no need evacuation??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by room089: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

You've just said nothing but the truth.
I hope they would wake up from their slumber!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by djemillionia: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
i know most of dem go be igbo, those ma brothers eehe go make you Dab with their hustle spirit.

Abeg una with God Come back.

yep, am a blogger
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by afanide: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
They would rather remain there than return to this kind of Country called Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by wristbangle: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
nell3:
the fear of biafra is the ............ guy why are you yarning dust. Face topic and leave biafrans alone

Seems u don't have something tangible to counter him

He spoke the bitter truth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
I hope our case ends not like that of S sudan. That's what pple get when undue sentiments drive them into making wrong decisions.

1 Like

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Pavore9: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Many Nigerians are hustling there! I know some of them who come over to Kenya to buy goods to resell in South Sudan.
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by obembet(f): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigerians every where...
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
LETS HOPE THIS GOVERNMENT WOULD LISTEN TO THAT PASSIONATE PLEA!
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Biafrarep(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bunch of pathetic a***holes advising Biafrans! What is your business on how Biafra will be run? Better know it now that Biafra will never be like Nigeria, states/provinces will control their resources, so their wont be any need for rancour. Cry for your country Nigeria, You guys are fast sinking down to oblivion!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by Emmahunk(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
dearsly:
[s][/s]

Afonja Speak 4 ya tribe...

Like I have always said, my people agitating for IPOB have not the slightest idea of what lies ahead. I have been called names even by those who could hardly spell their names but I will not stopbbecause I love my people.
IPOB 's internal crisis will not wait till 5years like South Sudan, we will start killing ourselves from the Independence day.
Like in my other threads, I ask again :

1. Who will be our first President?
2. Where will be our Capital?
3. Now that it's no longer only Igbo Affair, which tribes and States will make up the IPOB?
4. Why is it that those who are most vocal about the IPOB are all safely abroad with their families?
5. Uwazurike, we knew but before the advent of the mysterious "Radio Biafra", who was Kanu? What contribution has he made to the Igbo race or even his personal Community?

Take time to answer these questions and if you are still convinced that even the blood of a single child is worth spilling for the IPOB cause, then good luck to you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by peacecoy: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
cremedelacreme:
Nigerians de South Sudan too? Chei shocked shocked shocked
I saw an earlier report on it.They are mostly from SE.These people really moves around like other Nigerians.never fail to wonder why some of them are calling for Biafra.
Re: Evacuate Nigerians In South Sudan: Senate Tells FG by KOBOJO: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Asides the diplomatic workers, what will a sane Nigerian be doing in a war torn South sudan? A country that has never experienced peace within ever since it seceded from Sudan. This is a great lesson for the Igbo's who are sympathetic to biafra. I pity you all. There will never be peace in biafra because the minorities will rise against igbo domination. Do you think the SS minorities will like to be pawns in the hands of the igbos? Presently, the average ebonyi man is considered inferior igbo within the present structure. A governor from Imo state once sacked other igbo

indigenes from Neighboring states. How will such people run biafra when there is no love and peace within? Nigeria cannot afford a refugee situation whereby biafrans will come here as IDP's. No country wants and unstable nation within its borders. South sudan is unstable because of power tussle. We warned against biafra but Nnamdi kanu brainwashed alot of vulnerable youths into believing his lies on his pirate radio. Biafra is not the solution. Let the sleeping dog lie. Lets work together to build a prosperous Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise sad

Fear of Biafra is BIAFRAPHOBIA.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kill Seven In Suicide Attack, Raid / House Of Representatives Approves June 12 As Democracy Day / A Disguised Attempt To Regulate Social Media - NBA Threatens Action Over Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.