Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. (21361 Views)

How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kissval1388: 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,,,,
with the current situation of the country and
economy melt down, many youths who are jobless,
have resulted to scamming and duping people on
the street since scamming is the easiest way to
make quick money nowadays.
just yesterday I was scammed by some street boys
https://www.nairaland.com/3238843/beware-these-
scammers-town-victim
I decided to create this thread so that you can
share your experience if you have been scammed or
duped in anyway by these jobless predators
roaming the street.
For those who claim they are street wise, you can
also drop some advice so that others can learn.
I believe that a problem shared is a problem
solved.
this would go a long way to help others, identify a
scammer at first sight.
thanks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kissval1388: 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
My own is the worst, I have been scammed to the
extent that I begin to think the problem is from my
village.
before I sleep, I will commit my dreams in to the
hands of God so that I won't be scammed in the
dream and during my morning devotion, I still pray
to God not to Encounter these guys on the street.
But I have come to realize that GREED is the
problem. yes Greediness!!!! I thought been Educated
is everything.
Special thanks to the Nairalanders that made me
agree that am greedy. yes am very greedy thats why
those guys kept eating me mugu.
I promise I won't be greedy in life again. I will be
contented with the little I have.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Adenle041(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hoping to learn scammers new trick from others, though have been during the scarcity of kerosene some 15yrs back.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kissval1388: 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Adenle041:
Hoping to learn scammers new trick from others, though have been during the scarcity of kerosene some 15yrs back.
lol let's hear ur story Na.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kissval1388: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
lalasticlala this thread deserve front page. A problem shared is a problem solved. you will be saving others.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by herzern(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na only those wey belleful Scammers dey scam jawey.......shey na me wey nefa shop since morning dem qo scam

off to next thread!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
kissval1388:
village.
is everything.
hahahahaha

Ephreboh:
as a sharp agege guy,I've Neva been a victim though many av tried me sha Buh I stand gidigba
Plenty man shall fall dat day if dey cross Dia lane

and I don't look for awoof
That's the secret. Don't look for awoof.

Yoruba say "eni wa ofe, yo ri ofo". He who seeks for cheap ends up with losing everything

koolet:
Bet 9ja virtual(babi bet) is the No1 scam box damaging the future of nigerian youths yet you always see crowd there its a spirit flee from it talking from experience if any of your family start playing tha trash hes no longer a manual human you can trust ask any other gamblers well thank God for my soul cos i think GOD LOVES me cos if you hear my story u'll be touched *sobs*

Please share some. We want to learn. Thanks

akankemi1:
I have been scammed ooo,even on this nairaland sef by one useless data seller. undecided sh*t happens
So people do fall for these cheap data sellers? shocked shocked shocked Nigerians sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by djemillionia: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
kissval1388:
village.
is everything.

UPPER CUT

thread closed

Yep, am now a certified blogger
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
December 23,2013.I was scammed at idumota,in front of GTB bank. Those guy will say pick a number,and I did ,I was told I won a fridge,and they want to buy it from me at 25k,was happy because I was broke then. Thinking how Xmas would be with 25k..

Later,I was told to pay 5k for the ticket of the number I picked, before I know what's up,they told me I didn't win anything again.some miscreants later came to harass me to run away..I ran,seeing the hard look on their face.

Funniest thing,those guy are still there duping people..greed is the bad. I lost 5k and still ran away panting heavily.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by sexymoma(f): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
yes ooo
twice sef
that was when i still dey young though
i was at my sis provision store
then this guy came to buy blueband of 280naira
ok fine... the guy gimme 1k... only God knows the trick he played on me that made me gave him back his 1k
and he actually claimed the he didn't collect it from me..

u know the worse part, he collected 1k, N720 and blueband

The second one:..this guy came to my store
and said "do u have custard, the big size i said yes
do you have hollandia youghurt i said yes
do you have omo big size i said yes
do you have peak milk refill i said yes
ok milo sachet big size i said yes
i don dey happy, me wey i never sell since morning
then he asked me to start bringing dem one by each
as i dey turn bring dem on by each.. this guy don carry my vouchers worth of 11k
next thing he said was madam jos put everything down am coming let me buy suya..
abeg i nor wan remember wetin hapin next

38 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Kylekent59: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
Go to bbm channel and type bet and search. U will see diff betting site. That is d defination of scammers. Them go tell you make u bring 8k for 42 odds. If u send d money dem go send u rubbish game. U go tex them bak say ur game spoil dem go say na dir source angry. Later again dem go snd u another one na so e go dey cast and cast till u go leave them. Dnt trust any of them dey ain't real. They have a software they use to customise winning ticket. So BE WISE

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Ephreboh(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
as a sharp agege guy,I've Neva been a victim though many av tried me sha Buh I stand gidigba

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by taemilola(f): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
Here to learn.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by lamideee(f): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
sad
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by drnairalov: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
by e bay
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by XaintJoel20: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
I hardly fall for scammers as I have their antidote. I was pained the day my antidote failed me and I was scammed on Nairaland by one of these guys advertising the sale of data. A friend of mine that has been out of the country for a while was coming to town and needed to surf the web as soon as he touched down in the city. He called me to inquire which plan was cool and how he could subscribe. Since I have seen contacts of dudes advertising the sale of data on Nairaland, I decided to call one of the dudes on Nairaland that faithful Saturday morning to ask him if he has the unit of data I had told my friend about. He answered me in the affirmative and told me how I could make the payment. (Recharge card). I offered the value of MTN recharge card and the number he was to send the data to without any iota of doubt. I called him to ascertained he got the text message which he confirmed was successful. After about 5minutes wait and the data was not sent (since my friend was on my neck at that point), I called him and he told me they were having network problems, that I should be patient for awhile. I waited for the whole of that day without success. To cut the long story short, I called the fellow some days later and he appealed to me to wait till about a week time since they have exhausted the data I requested for and that it would be available on that said day, I didn't bother to call him on tha appointed day just to give him a day of grace. When I eventually called the next day, he said I should pay some more cash for him to send me another unit that they have ran out of stock of the one we initally settled for. That was when I knew the dude was really serious at swindling me. I asked him for a refund which he has vehemently refused....

Nairaland moderators should do everything possible to ensure this forum is not a breeding ground where fraudsters have a jolly ride...

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by KosiKinq(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Space reserved.....

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by MadCow1: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
NEVER!!

I was raised to trust nobody..

Question every thing

Check, Check and check again before making a move...

And if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
We were all scammed by the APC last year by the current government of Nigeria. So by 2019, we have to do the needful by changing the change to prevent our dear nation from total collapse. Thank you!
APC= SCAM

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by adebayo201: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ephreboh:

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by koolet: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bet 9ja virtual(babi bet) is the No1 scam box, damaging the future of nigerian youths yet you always see crowd there ave lost upto 400k. its an addictive spirit people should flee from cos am talking from experience infact if any of your family start playing that trash hes no longer a manual human you can trust, ask any other gamblers you wont even have time for girls as i fine reach up till now i never had girlfriend never noticed their greenlight talkless of wooing one cos ah was married 2 the dumb game, well thank God for my soul cos i think GOD LOVES me cos if you hear my story u'll be touched *sobs* other scammers are those turning down 3 cards asking you to open red amongst 2 black and win 500 and andriod phone, those guys will squeeze every hell out of you that you will start begging and crying if you wanna understand, just watch a victim fall in their trap... Palz the best way you can double your money is fold them in two, stuck it in your pocket then work hard..... my 2 centwink

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by JOOHEL: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
yh

It shld b 3 years ago. I wanted to buy phone @ computer village & I have 13k with me. As I was checking from one phone seller to another I hear one bro for my back saying "bros yeh, u wan buy phone?Come buy this express music phone na, very cheap & affordable with perfect functionality" Na so I carry my leg go meet d guy o.
I checked through d phone & it was working fine, I dialed some numbers & spoke with two to three people & it was awesome. I stylishly asked d guy what d fault of d phone is & he said no issues at all & that he needs money to buy another phone.
I priced d phone & he said 8k, I was like sho but as I sharp guy( I think I was ) I told him I can only pay 6.5k & at last he agreed. I remembered I have been scammed one time like that at oshodi where I bought a phone for 3.5k only for d guy to hand over a scrap to me & also called some guys to give me sweet slap to say d least so remembering that scenerio, I acted smartly this time(I think say I wise). I told d guy that I will hand over d cash to him after he hands over d phone to me on d bike & d bike will take off to avoid a recurrence of what I experienced at oshodi. He agreed & we called a random bike man.I climbed d bike, he gave me the phone & I gave him d money & zoom I instructed d bike man. After some distance, I looked back & I saw d guy smiling so I smiled back & also waved him with my 32 teeths widely opened.Immediately I got to d bus stop at Ikeja under bridge, I entered sango bus direct & I was happy I now have a gd phone for just 6.5k. All this while I did not check d phone I was holding not until I got to iyana ipaja where I feel it is safe to check d phone.
I press d end call button but no light showed up so I was thinking it must have been switched off by d guy. So as I pressed switched on button, I noticed one white object popping out & I was like what is this? I smelled it cos it stained my hand & I found out that it is fufu. I opened d phone & saw how fufu was packaged as phone for me. The man for my side just dey look me dey laugh. I no fit talk self, I just jejely put am for my pocket dey go house. Na so them take sell fufu for me for 6.5k

184 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by kceewhyte(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nope!!!! Ask the guy below me
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by hakinze00(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yh funniest tin is dat it is @ cotonou not 9ja,due to language probs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by adehab: 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
What is scam? When you want what you do not deserve at the moment.
Causes? Greediness

I have never been scammed but i hear super story

Can u imagine a friend that was offered to but a bag of cement for 1k when the market price is 1.5k, and the condition or the clause is - he buys minimum of 100bag thou they agreed payment on delivery but with time conditions change and all his 4m investment gone.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by izzou(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
I have been scammed on olx before. Wanted to buy a bus. I thank God it was only 50k i lost. Since then i have learnt that any free thing or extra cheap product or service should be suspected.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by paiz: 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
kissval1388:
village.
is everything.

Bet9ja grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by STENON(f): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yes.
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Ayodejioak(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mehn... that day at computer village. I won't forget. The funny thing is you know you've been fooled but when you get home to tell your people, you be like "omo na jazz o"

Meanwhile, the MUMUNESS In you will tell u "no be jazz kankan, I just mumu noni"

20 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Kkzy90(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
make I park my buggati for here,this is definitely gonna be good..
though I've been scammed once shah 1st time I visited Lagos,just don't know how to narrate it...
Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by nikki44: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Am almost sure I ll never b scammed. The new one now is ds Chain thingy, d more ppl under u d bigger ur money. Hmmm I jus pity greedy ppl, those who want quick money, they eventually lose d little they r even managing wit.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. by Iceberg3: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
I av'nt bn scammed,buh i do know lotsa sophisticated amalas who fell prey to small small 'shinedu' boys who sold 'akpuberries' to them,instead of blackberries, will only be 'viewing this thread are'..... grin
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Driver Slumps While Being Manhandled By A Police And Tax Force Officers / Bodies Of Killed IRT Officers Arrive Abuja . Source: TVC News / Nigerians Indicted As US Charges 80 For Fraud, Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.