Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican (3431 Views)

Man Kneels To Propose To Gun-Wielding Lady (Photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / Military Officer Kneeling Down To Propose To His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Ishilove: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Seeing as public proposals are the current craze, this man has this to say:

"In all my years on earth I haven't seen any black and white photo of the 1960s or 1970s showing our fathers or uncles kneeling down to propose to a woman. The only pictures I have seen are those of brides kneeling down to serve their groom wine or cake on their wedding day which is pure African culture.

This social media and westernisation and the internalisation of western socio-cultural conventions is turning men into something else. This role reversal of a man kneeling instead of the woman is a mockery of African culture.

Why should I kneel for a woman to accept my proposal of marriage? I still don't understand the rationale behind it. If kneeling is the prerequisite for me to marry, then I say Aluta virginity continua"

Eniola Akinkuotu

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/is-kneeling-down-to-propose-to-woman.html

This is so true. Us Africans just copy everything blindly.

The same man who went on his knees to propose to you may still, in marriage, turn to Bash Ali and use the same knees to shift your jaw.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by sexymoma(f): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
if person talk now.. dem go say person na feminist

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
smiley
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by ronald4lif(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
Well, I don't care whether it's unafrican or African. What I do know is that I'll never go on my knees to propose to any woman. It makes no sense to me and I won't join the bandwagon who has now made it seem like the norm.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Vendoor(f): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
Very foolish indeed.

Knee today and divorce tomorrow embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by hungryboy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
You dey wear suit and tie, dey tell me say kneeling down to propose to a girl is UnAfrican,
Bros, why you no dey wear plantain leaves and animal skin nah?

8 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by obiorathesubtle: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lol.. I've always thought Kneeling down to propose is dumb sha..

But what's the essence? What does it symbolise? Submission to the wife?? I don't get it..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by sexymoma(f): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
ronald4lif:
Well, I don't care whether it's unafrican or African. What I do know is that I'll never go on my knees to propose to any woman. It makes no sense to me and I won't join the bandwagon who has now made it seem like the norm.
buh you can bounce on her to suck her bweast like pikin or is her bweast not suppose to be sucked by her kids... una go dey inside suck booby finish come outside dey boast like man dey say i can't kneel to propose.. wait!! who una dey fool angry, why can't you say it makes no sense sucking booby.. why can't u say it's unafrican...abi our forefathers teach una how to suck booby ni, nor be inside oyinbo film una see am angry

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
Utter nonsense.

Christianity is un-african too.
Your ancestors weren't Christians. But you are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
well i think they deserve it, if possible let them prostrate lol do you think its esay to say 'YES' or to be a mother undecided IMO

Mention nd see Devil tongue
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by MUVA(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
I have seriously arrived. grin

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by ronald4lif(m): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
sexymoma:
buh you can bounce on her to suck her bweast like pikin or is her bweast not suppose to be sucked by kids... una go dey inside suck booby finish come outside dey boast like man dey say i can't kneel to propose.. wait!! who una dey fool angry, why can't you say it makes no sense sucking booby.. why can't u say it's unafrican...

The sucking of boobi antedate kneeling down proposal. The former is as old as mankind but the latter is at most a century old to the swarthy race.

Besides, we only suck boobi to help you guys and ensure you arrive at an optimum sexual gratification not like it's beneficial to us. If you know of any health benefits associated with sucking of boobi to men please feel free to discuss them.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by peachesandroses(f): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nobody is forcing anybody to kneel down n propose. I no know y heart de cut una, when its your time to propose you do it the way you want,there's no law that says the guy must kneel down. I mean people are more exposed and librated in their minds these days, some just wear her the ring while she's sleeping, some put it in a parcel,some just stand with their hands in their pocket and the next thing a ring is out! so guys should do it how it suits them nd their intended.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Lol.. I've always thought Kneeling down to propose is dumb sha..

But what's the essence? What does it symbolise? Submission to the wife?? I don't get it..
when you turn woman ?? C'mmon chang that 'F' to 'M'
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
I've always told babes that I'm not gonna go on my knees to propose. It has nothing to do with being African or not, and nothing to do with pride.
It's simply me being me, the me who doesn't believe in crowd mentality, the Esoteric me.
PS: You don't need to call me out, I'm out already.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by MUVA(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
sexymoma:
buh you can bounce on her to suck her bweast like pikin or is her bweast not suppose to be sucked by her kids... una go dey inside suck booby finish come outside dey boast like man dey say i can't kneel to propose.. wait!! who una dey fool angry, why can't you say it makes no sense sucking booby.. why can't u say it's unafrican...abi our forefathers teach una how to suck booby ni, nor be inside oyinbo film una see am angry

This breast issue dey really pain you o undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by EmperorLee(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kneeling to propose is Unafrican... True.

Marrying just one wife is Unafrican too... True?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

The sucking of boobi antedate kneeling down proposal. The former is as old as mankind but the latter is at most a century old to the swarthy race.

Besides, we only suck boobi to help you guys and ensure you arrive at an optimum sexual gratification not like is beneficial to us. If you know of any health benefits associated to sucking of boobi to men please feel free to discuss them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
MUVA:
I have seriously arrived. grin
welcome sir! Wat can I offer U?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by obiorathesubtle: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Berlyn:
when you turn woman ?? C'mmon chang that 'F' to 'M'
tongue NO
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by SpeedyConnect(m): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
waiting for women to Lynch u
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by MUVA(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Philipjustice:

welcome sir! Wat can I offer U?

I'll have a cold glass of 15% derivation and federal allocation loot. Thank you wink

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with it if you met the right person. I will be more than happy to do that if the love is there.

Though i have to time it carefully to avoid eggs on my face grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by sexymoma(f): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

Besides, we only suck boobi to help you guys and ensure you arrive at an optimum sexual gratification not like is beneficial to us. If you know of any health benefits associated with sucking of boobi to men please feel free to discuss them.
pls don't suck boobi nd see if u will enjoy your journey to the promise land angry
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by senibo1: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
sexymoma:
pls don't suck boobi nd see if u will enjoy your journey to the promise land angry
undecided undecided do your research, men don't care if you have Boobi or not... once the road is tyt consider the journey a successful one
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by saintdennis(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ishilove:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/is-kneeling-down-to-propose-to-woman.html

This is so true. Us Africans just copy everything blindly.

The same man who went on his knees propose to you may still, in marriage, turn to Bash Ali and use the same knees to shift your jaw.

Rotfl per the bolded

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by saintdennis(m): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is a thought provoking post...
Well it's 2016,
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by sexymoma(f): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
senibo1:
undecided undecided do your research, men don't care if you have Boobi or not... once the road is tyt consider the journey a successful one
swear with your two your two balls that you have never sucked booby before...na as u see the babe u jos enter straight.. cos u dey hia dey make mouth angry
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Loyalblak007(f): 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
angry
Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by adebayo201: 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
senibo1:

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
Goodness knows I won't bloody do that thing, never..

I keep asking: who's da bloody devil that started that nonsense?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men, Kneeling Down To Propose To A Woman Is Unafrican by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
sexymoma:
madam, no be oyinbo film. civilization started from afrika.Men have always been attracted to boobs and its only natural a man finds his way there to feast on them during Bleep. how man no go suck? unheard of.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

+18 Best Round Ass Photo Collections Ever See On Internet (pics) / This Condom Detects Sexually Transmitted Diseases In A Partner During Sex? / Watch Video Here! Teenage Girl Shares After Še× Video With Her ‘boo’ On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.