Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh (25888 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / Owuno Ogbeh And Jadeisola Oshikoya Wed In Abuja (Photos) / Osun State Farmers To Be Empowered By Aregbesola's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by TheFreeOne: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Almajiri1:

The silence of the once noble men of Nigeria in the face of injustice is deafening.

Their accompanied silence in the face of injustices / killings and insecurity in Nigeria have proven late Gani fawehinmi to be the only worthy noble activist while the rest are majorly Ghana must Go bellefront members.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Almajiri1: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Their accompanied silence in the face of injustices / killings and insecurity in Nigeria have proven late Gani fawehinmi to be the only worthy noble activist while the rest are majorly Ghana must Go bellefront members.

I'm embarrassed seeing the once fiery tunde bakare gone cold.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Candyrain(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

The farmers should be ready to pay for their protection since they are doing their private business. They are not expected to buy guns to protect themselves. The government will provide security if they are ready to pay. The fulanis are not violent people, let's stop the stigmatization of herdsmen sad

This Fulani boy again

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Candyrain(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

And who are you to speak for the south? I'm a yoruba man from ado ekiti but i support the grazing bill if it will put an end to clashes. With the bill in place, no herdsmen will enter people's farm anyne

Hahahaha
U were previously from Ipokia in Ogun State, now its Ado Ekiti.
Keep it up boy grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by NavierStokes(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Candyrain:

Hahahaha
U were previously from Ipokia in Ogun State, now its Ado Ekiti.
Keep it up boy grin
Hehehe

8 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by NavierStokes(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Almajiri1:
Protection money? cosa nostra?God bless good ol Don corleone.
If the govt seeks to pull a "la cosa nostra" on the farmers, then ill advise the farmers to do a "carabinieri" on them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by naija247: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

The farmers should be ready to pay for their protection since they are doing their private business. They are not expected to buy guns to protect themselves. The government will provide security if they are ready to pay. The fulanis are not violent people, let's stop the stigmatization of herdsmen sad
Guy nawa for you, which kain yeye talk be this?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by bilulu(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=mrkayusfit post=47755690]In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

[/quote}
we should die because its d source of meat in d country? without food will u eat meat? I wonder how some of u reason

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Longeria(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I thought this guy is claiming Yoruba.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by driy65(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=mrkayusfit post=47755690]In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

[/quoteYOU MUST BE AN ETERNAL ZOMBIE FOR MAKING SUCH AN INSENSITIVE COMMENT..ZOMBIE WAY NA ONE WAY...MUMU

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Omeokachie: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
One chance government.

Tell me we are in Sicilly where people pay protection fees to mafia bosses.

What a sweet change...

12 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by elmisti(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

people like you should be hunted to extinction

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Obrose(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

U are definitely meant to be a goat, cos u reason very much like 1

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by tonytony208(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
In wait for those thoughtless and unreasonable APC supporters to start saying nonsense here.

They should explain to us how this makes sense.

13 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Where did you get the mb you just used to rant?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

In summary, you're globally dull.
Plan : Admit for mental state assessment and electro-convulsive therapy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Are the security not receiving salaries at the expense of tax payers? What do they need to be paid for again?

6 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by yomi007k(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Meaning food prices still gona go up..

3 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by nijanigga: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Is Nigeria a real country? no she is not she is imaginary,sometimes when people ask me where I came from my best answer;from Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by eminikansoso(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
RZArecta:
cheesy HEEEEEEY !!! I have just confirmed the madness of this APC led government. Just when you think they can't come up with any other stúpid idea, they bring a more hilariously stúpid one to entertain us.

Oya o, farmers. The FG has just told you guys that if you don't pay protection money, you'll be kidnapped from your farms grin
Agbekoya where are you people, we need the repeat of agbekoya revolution in the south west

3 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Biafrarep(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Incredible!
So Nigerian farmers have to pay the govt for security.

And how much are Fulani herdsmen terrorists gonna pay

Chai.... this is the most useless, deceitful, divisive, dangerous and directionless govt in our history.
There must be 180 million ret.ards living in this geographical expression! just imagine the kind of nonsense we are subjected to everyday since that useless old bigot entered aso rock

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by gurunlocker: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I give up on how people chose to reason with this comment..... what a shallow reasoning from a person

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by isnovic(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Holy smoke.....another goofy policy by someone who should know that security of life and properties is the number 1 responsibility of a sitting government.

Audu Ogbeh, should not have been recycled back to government in my opinion.

9 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by KingsleyCEO: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Use your two hands to cover your mouth, if you so love them so much why not go take a loan from bank to develop a grazing portion for the herdsmen, after that you can go collect free beef from the market since you have given free grazing portion even free suya included.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Philinho(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
When u have nothing to say, u can vomit anything @mr Ogbe

7 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

First and foremost our minister of agriculture has his head way up his ass. How can farmers pay for the responsibility of the government.
And you that I quoted you must be one of those ev*l herdsmen.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Innomach(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

People buy or acquire lands for their agricultural activities. Why should the Fulanis look for free land to carry on with their business? Do they share their profits with anyone?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by phemmie06(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na wa o, is it by force to be a minister, or in Government. Bunch of fools. Pay for security? What happened to the government responsibility on security?

1 Like

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by shalomp: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Oga abeg listen to ur self. Does anybody give their land to the farmers to farm just because they produce food. The meat that they supply is it for free? Cattle rearing is a private business and should be conducted as such not getting every one involve. Nobody owes nobody here. Remember that the farm they destroy are people's sweet without any help from anybody or the so called government. The most painful aspect of this is that they left the most pressing issue here, which is people's safety and are talkg about '''COWS''. If I may ask, how can I give out my land to the same person that is killing me and destroying my means of livelihood? Evil can only last for a short while but truth must surely prevail!

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not A Free Country, North Control Affairs; Stop Lying– FFK Explodes / Heads To Roll As More Senior Police Officers To Be Arrested After DCP Abba Kyari / Presidency Can’t Remove Jega - APC Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.