Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,391 members, 7,800,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh (25883 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / Owuno Ogbeh And Jadeisola Oshikoya Wed In Abuja (Photos) / Osun State Farmers To Be Empowered By Aregbesola's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

The farmers should be ready to pay for their protection since they are doing their private business. They are not expected to buy guns to protect themselves. The government will provide security if they are ready to pay. The fulanis are not violent people, let's stop the stigmatization of herdsmen sad

TRASH

3 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Babatundecash(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

And who are you to speak for the south? I'm a yoruba man from ado ekiti but i support the grazing bill if it will put an end to clashes. With the bill in place, no herdsmen will enter people's farm anyne
stop that trash you just said.....you are not a Yoruba man by birth,you might be a yoruba man by registration or one of the ghanians that refuse to travel back to there country as far as back then.......did you think the yoruba's are so stupid to surrender a large portion of their land to fulanis so that they can come back to conquer us thesame way they declare an emirate in kwara.....learn from history#Gov.Amosun said Ogun has no land for grazing because the egba's,Ijebu's nd yewa's has no land to surrender to herdsmen......we're wise this time around.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by badonkadonk: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
NavierStokes:

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/farmers-to-pay-fee-for-protection-ogbeh/156248.html

ladies and gentlemen, The mafia is indeed in power. In this period of recession "non cattle"rearers will pay protection fees while cattle readers will be supplied with free land, imported grass and their ever handy AK 47 rifles.

Come 2019, this government would be no more....

1 Like

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by 9jatatafo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
This man's brain needs cleaning

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by mightyhaze: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

And who are you to speak for the south? I'm a yoruba man from ado ekiti but i support the grazing bill if it will put an end to clashes. With the bill in place, no herdsmen will enter people's farm anyne
yea sure ur an ekiti man,just like ome.nka is from benue and aba.gworo and berem are from imo smiley

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by NavierStokes(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
badonkadonk:

Come 2019, this government would be no more....

I second the motion.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by bilazego(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
In my opinion i think the farmers are self centered. Remember these herdsmen are Nigerians and they have the right to live and do their businesses any where in Nigeria. What's the big deal in allocating some portion of their farms for cattle grazing? If they were also rearing cattles, won't they graze them? The herdsmen are majorly the source of beef in the country and since everyone patronizes their meat, why can't we support the grazing bill so they can stop moving their cattles in the cities and instead have grazing fields? If every state creates grazing reserves don't you think it will limit clashes between farmers and herdsmen? I know there are bad eggs amongst the herdsmen but we can't throw away the baby and bath water. There has to be a compromise for the sake of peace.

The farmers should be ready to pay for their protection since they are doing their private business. They are not expected to buy guns to protect themselves. The government will provide security if they are ready to pay. The fulanis are not violent people, let's stop the stigmatization of herdsmen sad

You are asking us give fulanis territory in every state. that's not possible and also give them route from port Harcourt to Maiduguri because an only them do business? you are dreaming.

3 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by ministeriallist: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
RZArecta:
take a very big sledge hammer and break your head with it
I concur!

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

trash!!! but it's not your fault ooo
i blame buhari

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by dannyjesutofunmi(m): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

because you a normad in ekiti does not make ekiti your state of origin. you are a correct fulani man

1 Like

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by bilazego(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
bilazego:

You are asking us give fulanis territory in every state. that's not possible and also give them route from port Harcourt to Maiduguri because na only them de do business? you are dreaming.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Frankenstein0000: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

so ur no longer from ogun or Oyo

1 Like

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by chigoizie7(m): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Just when I tot that common sense is common.

I was wrong after all.

3 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by royziko(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
you must be one big goat.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Is dat dude 4 real......I tot we hv a right to be protected in this country....
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by searay(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

this is how madness starts
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Jazzlite: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
if you repeat this nonsense in Ado you will be lynched in seconds!

mrkayusfit:

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Mckennedy: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Going through your comments, please understand " it's not everyone that consume beef" (2). Please I will only take you more serious if only you can explain what happened at agatu, nimbo, abia, mile 12,, etc ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by chigoizie7(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Let's support the grazing bill

God forbid.

If grazing bills should be supported then another bill that will enable all farmers get land for their Agric needs free of charge should be supported too.

A herdsman is doing business with his cattle, he sell them and make money, do they pay tax? Do they share their profits with me? Now, how can I dash them my land free of charge?

If they want lands for grazing(more of ranches) they should meet land owners, negotiate with them, agree on terms and conditions and then carry out their businesses.which will be more efficient, because the cattles will be stationed in one place( a ranch) with adequate security which will make rustling of cattle difficult. All they need to do is to provide source of water to their ranch and then make it a point of duty to get food(grasses) for them to eat instead of going into other farmers farms and damaging their crops all in the name of feeding cattles.

It will also make it easier for the farmers in the community to know who to go to once their crops are damaged, because the cattle owners or ranch owners will be known by the community where such ranches will be situated.

What is the mass of land to be reserved for those normads? When we know that they enjoy walking about, what will they do if during the dry seasons, the areas allocated to them dries up and leaves all die, should another grazzing field be mapped out again?

One of your problems is that u don't know what "grazzing bill" is all about.

In developed countries and other countries like argentina,brazil, all those north American countries, there is nothing like grazing bill, all they have is "ranches" ( please go and check for the meaning). Yet we don't match them one bit when it comes to beef production or any sort of diary produce.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by steadyguy101: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

you are clearly not ok upstairs

1 Like

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Pido9(m): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Vendoor:

The fulani should buy land for ranching anywhere. No grazing QED
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Benteazaa(m): 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
Oooo God why did you send me to Nigeria

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by ststyreal(f): 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
eyeview:
I have thought this nigerian situation and I have come to the conclusion that it is best that buhari dies. Its either him or the nation(the way he's headed)
My dear, I think God needs to summon our president for questioning, for the sake of the poor and weak in this nation or him(God) should please hold buharis hand and direct him for us because the suffering is glaring. I pray God almighty to please forgive us as a nation for the sake of the weak in spirit, so that our faith in you lord, will not be lost totally because of the suffering in the land. Come to the rescue of this nation called Nigeria and let your people rejoice in u. With a sober, broken and a contrite heart I pray oh lord, lord in your mercy, hear our prayers!

2 Likes

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by buchilino(m): 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:

HONESTLY, I STRONGLY BELIEVE GOD WAS VERY ANGRY WEN HE CREATED U.
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by ehissi(m): 12:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Na so agbero take start for lagos!! Now Buhari himself wan use Ogeh do agbero!!

Its alright...... angry
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by DedeNkem: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2016
Hold on a minute......, so farmers are expected to pay government to protect them? This country is in deep trouble!!
This is just unbelievable and unaccepted!!

Buhari is the most st*upid, clueless, corrupt and incompetent id*iot to ever head a country. This id*iot needs to be impeached as soon as possible or killed in a coup in order to save this moribund country!
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Emyogalanya: 12:39am On Jul 22, 2016
One fulani herdsmen spotted
mrkayusfit:

Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Emyogalanya: 12:42am On Jul 22, 2016
God call buhari to glory and probe him
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2016
mrkayusfit:

your ancestors left you with 100 acres
my ancestors left me with 200
I leave my land
I come with my cow and graze 80 of your PLANTED land o
not empty land
and you say you are selfish?
think am
Re: Farmers To Pay Fee For Protection – Ogbeh by Kimikazi2: 2:06am On Jul 22, 2016
mrkayusfit:

some people no get sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari To Be Flown To Germany After Motorcycle Accident / 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP / COVID-19 World Economy: Bill Gates, Yahaya Bello's Get Global Applause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.