Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools (23938 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / PHOTO: Lagos Primary School Where Pupils Pay Up To N4M Per Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nah...Who dash them white?! Na dirty black under hot zoo sun
Masculity:

Do you mean those people?
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by mayorchelsea(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Those shouting Islamisation of the West,it's not out of love for the West nor for the love of Christ and we certainly know where you people come from.Since it is happening in the West,allow the the Westerners to wail about the judgement,stop crying more than the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by MadCow1: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
busar:
Christians have no religious wear. If they do, tell me the name of the one you all so wear to church.

Technically speaking, you are wrong.

There are many Christian sects in this country.

The Olumbas for example have an attire.

The Cherubims and Seraphims also do.

The Catholics have no attire but have a lot of religious paraphernalia.

and it goes on..

What about the traditionalists? You do realize that they are recognized as a religious group in Nigeria right?
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Iceberg3: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
nextstep:
To be fair, this is a difficult issue in most countries where secular values must blend with religious values. Instead of jumping on the hate bandwagon of "the Islamization of Nigeria", we need to realize that we are a very diverse country with different views and levels of religious observance. Just because you don't see the need to wear a hijab does not mean that you should not allow those who want to (or are forced to).

This is different from the state that insisted _everyone_ wear hijab...

Personally, though I'm not Muslim, I appreciate the reasons for it, and I even think it offers a nice conservative respite from the over-exposed dressing of modern girls these days.

you are just contradicting urself,u stated the obvious,naija is a secular nation with diverse tribes and religion,is'nt it wise for every public institution,especially public educational institutions, to put religion and its affiliations aside,separate it from public institutions,to avoid unnecessary conflits and confrontations?

I wonder how on earth those appeal court judges arrive @ such junk decisions!
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Iceberg3: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
mayorchelsea:
Those shouting Islamisation of the West,it's not out of love for the West nor for the love of Christ and we certainly know where you people come from.Since it is happening in the West,allow the the Westerners to wail about the judgement,stop crying more than the bereaved.

pls,do urself a huge favor: READ THE COMMENTS OF REASONABLE PPL..
grin
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by yns4real: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dom2020:
I know this judge must be a moslem, confusion everywhere

The special panel of the Court of
Appeal set up to hear the case had
previously reserved its judgement
on Friday, May 27.
During the panel hearing, the
presiding justice, A.B. Gumel, also
asked parties involved in the case to
update their defence documents.
Other Justices in the five-man panel
set up by President of the Court of
Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa
are Justice M. Fasanmi, Justice A.
Jauro, Justice J.S. Ikejegh and Justice
Jombo Ofor.
The case is between Asiyat Kareem
(Minor) suing through Mr.
AbdulKareem Raji; Mariam Oyeniyi
through Mr. Sulaimon Oyeniyi; and
Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria,
Lagos State Area Unit, and Lagos
State Government (LASG) and others,
who were the respondents.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/lagos-hijab-court-appeal-delivers-judgement-today/

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
MrOlai:
Why were the female Muslim students denied their right of using Hijab before?

This is a picture of British Muslim Police women in uniform with their Hijab in UK.
Bro, come down to Edo state, you will see students putting on hijab to school despite the fact that, the town I am now has few Muslims and few mosques.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by olusogo: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]It is court of appeal that will destroy this country. I just de wonder why and how will we bring Religion into Education. That's absurd! That's why other countries are far better than us.

Just tell me how using of hijab will boost their brain or make them obedient. Nonsense

Part of what will destroy this country is RELIGION[/size].

You should know that without religion you are already destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by ayoxelee(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
what doz dz has to do with Bukhari or Islamization, who force yu wear hijab, I thnk we av freedom of wearing worever we want. Some ladies choose to move ard in semi clad cloth n nobdy stp dem so whats ur p wt hijab?
some pple r jxt dumb n will forever remain so
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by ayoxelee(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Haters kip hating while Islam kip growing
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by MrLyzzo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]It is court of appeal that will destroy this country. I just de wonder why and how will we bring Religion into Education. That's absurd! That's why other countries are far better than us.

Just tell me how using of hijab will boost their brain or make them obedient. Nonsense

What u ought to ask is how will putting on hijab reduce there brain IQ. You don't put the cart before the horse...
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Saintp(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
I don't think wearing hijab should naturally be a problem, what i worry about is the security implications especially in this era of suicide bombings. What if these terrorists capitalize on it and use them for thier bombings? We have seen young school girls in the north hide bombs in thier hijab and bomb the shit out of people.

As a person, i don't think hijab is bad but i will certainly not be comfortable staying close to someone wearing a hijab.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by seguntijan(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
jaymejate:

It is court of appeal that will destroy this country:- For granting people's wish abi? . I just de wonder why and how will we bring Religion into Education:- they don't affect each other deae. That's absurd! :- that's your own view. That's why other countries are far better than us.:- haven't you seen Obama dinning with the hijab kids in school? UK police women on hijab ?

Just tell me how using of hijab will boost their brain or make them obedient. :- And tell me how nudity has helped you also. Nonsense :-it doesn't need to make sense to you coz you gat none

Part of what will destroy this country is RELIGION :- because you're not tolerant

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by kascoman: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean itself does not become dirty. Let us embrace using of hijabs on muslims ladies who wish to.
jaymejate:

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Misterdhee1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
jrusky:
Gradually Nigeria is going down the drain they have succeded in Osun its now Lagos from Lagos to Ogun from Ogun to Ondo state or Ekiti after that they will face South and South East Nigerians can you see yourseives bit by bit Nigeria is gradually becoming Islamic Republic.

Amaechi, Okorocha, Ngige, OBJ can you see what you went to bought with your money FROM MARKET This was how Turkey that was once the seat of Christendom was taken over by Muslim go and read the history they began from Schools before the European knew what was going on sharia war broke out and that was the end till today Turkey is 99% Muslim.

And by the way why wearing hijab in public school if not they are looking for trouble I had said this long ago that Nigeria ain't seen anything yet the deal was done and sealed only God can stop them I had being aware of this game plan since Tinubu and Buhari signed agreement and this is why they are angry with Saraki their mission is to win the election and Tinubu the Vice and signed Islamic Nation for Nigeria.

All you Christians the foolish myopic ones that voted for APC UNA SEE UNA SELF, UNA SEE UNA LIVES. Quote me they are coming to Imo State when done with the West I repeat quote me and you will be surprise Okorocha will say a word like "it does not matter its a freedom of religion" and that is finish just watch the game plan.

Part of the game plan is to:

imposing Hijab dress code on all NTA staffs and compulsory Islamic teaching on all on NTA.
Imposing Hijab on all Fed Govt offices across the nation.
Imposing Hijab or soft Islam teaching on Schools and make it a compulsory subject in all schools

More more more I keep quiet for now........................just the the drama like a joke till all are gone. I'm still asking God what was Nigeria sin that this Amagedon party won election APC is Nigeria punishment I swear a party in power who are not borther about people lives or better living but only to lies, blame, complain, Lazy, directionless, Islamic in totality, Lopsided style of ruling, democratic juntas, Islamist fundamentalist sympatizers, failure in fact APC is DEVIL.

Seriously, you are a first class DOLT! I wonder why u r still so bitter after more than a year.. If stupidity had grades, you would have made a Nobel Laurel.. Just because the court of law understand the compulsion of Hijab for Muslim women nd granted them their civic rights to feel among, without being ostracized for practising what they believe in, you came here to display your bigoted lowlife, just to give credence to your bitterness.. Retarded fellow!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by olajizz01(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
saintikechi:
islamizing south west is buhari's main project.
Keep shut,Aregbe was the one that influenced this one as well,u this people didnt know that there are some cases that will remain thesame no matter your effort to turn it upside down. When we are talking about fundamental human right,last time i checked,right to any religion is there,then what is the problem of u people once u av known that hijab is the part and parcel of their religion.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by favouritesahaba: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Is this enforcement or permission.

MadCow1:
O Well.. I concur...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4001359_20160721152947_jpege0a3dd54feef9625b91766900a96f759

There is obviously no separation of religion and State in Nigeria anymore so people should be allowed to bring their religious fhuckery to school.

Christians can wear their religious parafinelia to school..

Traditionalists as well..

You biitches can't eat your cake and have it. Today its Hijab, next will be that during morning assembly, prayers should be in both Christian and Muslim mode to accommodate for both sides.

Fhuck the free world.. Congrats Muslims. Keep up the fight. Next is for them to fight for it to be enforced Nationwide. grin
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by MadCow1: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
favouritesahaba:
Is this enforcement or permission.

Enforcement!
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Hammefeez: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Court allow Muslim to wear hijab and christians are shouting islamisation. Who are they islamising? Is it possible to islamise muslim again?
No!
Who ask christian to use hijab? Nobody!
So, why shouting?
It means Christians have been christianising muslim for years, now that muslims are trying set themselves free, they think its strange.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by dedeen1424: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is an injunction from God Almighty to Muslim females and is compulsory.This is not Christian and Muslim issue, nobody compel anybody to put it on, this is free world why do we quickly show hatred for other people way of life. please, lets be tolerant to one another and give it a chance for whoever what to wear it to wear it.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by carinmom(f): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
iyatrustee:
We like attaching sentiments to things in this country.

All the posters shouting islamisation and what nots, are they compelling christian students to put on the hijab?

I had moslem friends who refused to cover their heads in school. This ruling definately is for those who would want to.

God bless you my sister, most of them are either ignorant or intentionally shouting islamization. Even the Muslims are not forced to wear the hijab according to this ruling much less christians.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by authority2006(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
herzern:
This is Zahra Buhari
She is a Muslim...
Her father is an Islamic fanatic
Buh..she doesn't use HIJAB
Be like Zahra grin
Zahra Buhari and her muslim family members are not the measurements of standard in islam. It is what they called freedom of individual to chose and dress.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
now, that's what I'm talking about. Islam ti takeover grin
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by confistified(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
iyatrustee:
We like attaching sentiments to things in this country.

All the posters shouting islamisation and what nots, are they compelling christian students to put on the hijab?

I had moslem friends who refused to cover their heads in school. This ruling definately is for those who would want to.

Evening gorgeous
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by numericalguy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
herzern:
This is Zahra Buhari
She is a Muslim...
Her father is an Islamic fanatic
Buh..she doesn't use HIJAB
Be like Zahra grin

You are a compound f00l.
Who made Zahra Buhari a standard for Muslims. So if Zahra decides to be an armed robber, every Muslim lady should also become robbers abi.
Zahra Buhari does not dress like a Muslim lady and she and her farther should revisit their Qur'ans.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by thaqib(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is so so simple. First, it shows that the permisibility is enshrined in Nigerian constitution . clearly, it is not the same judge that delivered that of Osun.
It has no relationship with academic performance or otherwise. It's simply allowing people to practise their religious way of life.
Religious bigots will argue otherwise, but all civilized society allows it..
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by atirolu(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
In years to come nigeria will witness serious religion crisis that will be worse than nigeria civil war
Religion is dividing us the more in nigeria, with this new the terrorist have more opportunities to penetrate into schools with bombs inside the hijab all in the name of religion. Is plan work of this administration to make religion a basic tools for its governance.

My people welcome to era of more bombing in our schools
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by adelumolo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
There is no compusion in religion. Hijab is a matter of choice. Not even all muslims ladies use it. A matter of degree of believe.
Lets embrace peace.
Tunde
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by ademakanak(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]

[/size].

It makes their brains cooleee. grin

Awon dindinrin
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
lielbree:

When bombs start going off what will you then say??

This hijab issue bothers on security and that should have been paramount
Gerrarahia! ipob wailer...you think the yoruba's are closed minded bigots like ibos or the fanatics up north.
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
Alhamdulilah, it is unconstitutional to ban Muslim students from using Hijab.
Even in Edo state, where I am serving, Muslim students are allowed to use hijab in school let alone of Lagos that has many Muslims.
For those of you saying trash, if you are not happy with the judgement go to the supreme court.
where in Edo state?
Re: Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools by luckyz4rea(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
nextstep:
To be fair, this is a difficult issue in most countries where secular values must blend with religious values. Instead of jumping on the hate bandwagon of "the Islamization of Nigeria", we need to realize that we are a very diverse country with different views and levels of religious observance. Just because you don't see the need to wear a hijab does not mean that you should not allow those who want to (or are forced to).

This is different from the state that insisted _everyone_ wear hijab...

Personally, though I'm not Muslim, I appreciate the reasons for it, and I even think it offers a nice conservative respite from the over-exposed dressing of modern girls these days.

I respect and appreciate your view. People are just showing what they truely are so telling them to wear hijab won't change or stop anyone from doing in the private what they were banned from doing in the public. God is not known by a mask or whatever, He is known by encounter!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / Which Of These Is Correct? / 1.4m Students Prepare As JAMB Announces UTME Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.