Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? (42671 Views)

Couple Swear Blood Covenant In Order To Remain Loyal. Photos/Video / Confused: I Have A Loyal Girlfriend But Had It With Virgin / Should I Tell My Cousin What I Saw Or Remain Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
I will try to make this very snappy.

I have a childhood friend who is so very much in love with his girlfriend of 4-5years. (Whom I have never met) Fortunately, the girl in question got admission to the school I currently am and she was offered the course I am also studying.

My friend called me and told that his Bae was given admission to study the same course I am studying, and he begged me to keep tabs on her. I assured him that I would try. (me wey no get time)

He sent me her pictures and told me to look for her at her where she receive lectures and get to know her better. I assured him that would i will of which I never did due to the distance of her lecture hall. I was optimistic that I would eventually see her one of these days.

Two weeks ago, my friend called me, after exchanging pleasantries he gave the phone to his Bae. I greeted her and congratulated her on getting admission to study the best course on campus. She begged me for past exam questions and handouts, I promised to give her the ones I would lay my hands on. I also advised her not be carried away with guys on campus, she thanked me and promised not to disappoint my friend.

I got to meet another girlfriend of my friend Bola (not her real name) who happened to be the same class she was. I asked her if she knows Joy (my friend's girl friend..not her real name too) I showed her the pictures my friend sent to me on my phone for easy identification. She immediately told me that she was their course rep and the most popular figure in her class.

Fast forward that same night in my course mate birthday party, Bola came to where i sat and told me that Joy was dancing with a guy in the middle of the hall. (It was quite dark and I couldn't really notice the faces of the people dancing)

I stood up and wanted of meet her for the first time, I got a shocker when the guy she was dancing with (I know the guy very well, he is my senior and I was one of his main man in his electioneering campaign team) sighted me and hugged me, he introduced her to me as his girlfriend and shook hands with her I was dumfounded and returned to my seat.

A girl I spoke with two weeks ago.. having a boyfriend already. I was perplexed. I wanted to confirm if she was truly the person, she went outside and I followed her. I stopped her and she responded with a smile. I asked her if they guy was truly her boyfriend, she said yes and confirmed my my fears. I asked her how long they were dating , she said she met him when she was doing her registeration. She asked why I was asking, I told her that I was feeling for my friend. She asked what i meant by that. I brought out my phone and showed her my friend picture. she started begging me and I pleaded that I should not tell my friend nothing.

I avoided her like a plague till the party ended.

This incident happened on Sunday night and I have been thinking on what to do.

should I tell my friend?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by chocolateme(f): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ok.. is it that she begged you not to tell your friend with promises to break out the relationship she just started with the guy or not to tell your friend while she continues to enjoy the new guy?which one? Because ndi igbo si na "ekwue anughi na egbu umuazi but na ahu ekwughi na egbu okenye"
Call her to attention, give her options to either forget your friend now and continue with the campus guy before things gets messier or forget about campus life, focus on her studies and retain her man..
Let her know that you are not a fool too. Then let your friend know before he spends his life savings on someone that is not worth it. Thats if he is truly your friend. We all know that predators will continue coming for her while in school but she should read a lot about how such relationships ends.

Always me

FTC
CHOCOLATEME

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by amnesty7: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Between the devil and the deep blue sea. Follow your instincts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
angry it's very long story... I don't get it anyway
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by 1stluv(f): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Let's see if you are loyal to your friend, am a lady but there is a saying "bros before hoo's" if am right.........dont dissapoint your friend

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by pedrilo: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
wetin concern u?

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Topestbilly(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
undecided the types of friend this days...
sorry but u're not a good friend... same night and u opened everything up like fowl yansh kai! Since dis lady doesn't recognise u, u should hav just inform your friend about it.... cos ur friend will still find out without ur help, d gal will drag u into d mess n ur friend may never forgive u.

116 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by jamalnation(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
What course or idontbeliveit

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by nnamdi1993: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
People wey i dey pity na guy wey thier babes dey uni,dem go dey hwz dey beat chest dat she cant do it. At dis level i dey nw,i no fit date babe wey still dey skul ooo, dem go jst use ur heart play pes2016

209 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by nnamdi1993: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
People wey i dey pity na guy wey thier babes dey uni,dem go dey hwz dey beat chest dat she cant do it. At dis level i dey nw,i no fit date babe wey still dey skul ooo, dem go jst use ur heart play pes2016 :-XPeople wey i dey pity na guy wey thier babes dey uni,dem go dey hwz dey beat chest dat she cant do it. At dis level i dey nw,i no fit date babe wey still dey skul ooo, dem go jst use ur heart play pes2016

7 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by osesology(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
chocolateme:
Ok.. is it that she begged you not to tell your friend with promises to break out the relationship she just started with the guy or not to tell your friend while she continues to enjoy the new guy?which one? Because ndi igbo si na "ekwue anughi na egbu umuazi but na ahu ekwughi na egbu okenye"
Call her to attention, give her options to either forget your friend now and continue with the campus guy before things gets messier or forget about campus live, focus on her studies and retain her man..
Let her know that you are not a fool too. Then let your friend know before he spends his life savings on someone that is not worth it. Thsts if he is truly your friend. We all know that predators will continue coming for her while in school but she should read a lot about how such relationships ended.
I believe this is all the advice the op needs...nothing more to add joor.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Greenbullet(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
bro,this is the time to prove your loyalty,tell your friend everything and I tell u he will always trust you.if you don't tell your friend you have indirectly helped in facilitating his death.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Nasri100(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
University love is Fugazi. Its a fake. Scam. Woozie. Short term. Op let that girl enjoy herself on campus. Shes in the University ffs. Tell your friend to get used to it and find another girl too (i didnt say breakup)

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by osesology(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
nnamdi1993:
People wey i dey pity na guy wey thier babes dey uni,dem go dey hwz dey beat chest dat she cant do it. At dis level i dey nw,i no fit date babe wey still dey skul ooo, dem go jst use ur heart play pes2016 :-XPeople wey i dey pity na guy wey thier babes dey uni,dem go dey hwz dey beat chest dat she cant do it. At dis level i dey nw,i no fit date babe wey still dey skul ooo, dem go jst use ur heart play pes2016
I concur!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Checked86: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
That is why it is not good to hire somebody to keep an eye on your girl because the person will surely find something even when at distance.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by yomi007k(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
I blame the economy. ..

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by optional1(f): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
hmmm

op follow d first person's advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by optional1(f): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
osesology:
I concur!

LolZ

seconded
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by firstking01(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just imagine the monitoringundecided…girl wey you never pay shishi for her head angry...why would a guy go this far in monitoring a girl sef, tfu...abegi, allow her enjoy her youthful exuberances, cos you too are cheating right where you are...for the records, girls on campus are faithless, they can never be faithful, it's near impossible...op you sef acted like boiboiangry...hope is mechanical you are studying?, cos that's the best course everundecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
chocolateme:
Call her to attention, give her options to either forget your friend now and continue with the campus guy before things gets messier or forget about campus live, focus on her studies and retain her man..
Let her know that you are not a fool too. Then let your friend know before he spends his life savings on someone that is not worth it. Thsts if he is truly your friend. We all know that predators will continue coming for her while in school but she should read a lot about how such relationships ended.

NNE, she didn't say anything reasonable, all she was saying is that I shouldn't tell my friend and that she was sorry.. blah blah blah.. I left her presence without saying a word

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by ThinkingOutLoud(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
so this is your idea of "i'll try to make this very snappy"

I'll be right back

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by Jennyluvluv(f): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hmmm

2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
ThinkingOutLoud:
so this is your idea of "i'll try to make this very snappy"

I'll be right back
Lol. Chai. Brother abeg forgive me. I couldn't help but let all out.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Greenbullet:
bro,this is the time to prove your loyalty,tell your friend everything and I tell u he will always trust you.if you don't tell your friend you have indirectly helped in facilitating his death.
I'm seriously confused on what o do. The worse part of it is that I chat with my friend on daily basis. I just dey shake my head in self pity for him any time he uses her picture on his dp.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by swimcash(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
1stluv:
Let's see if you are loyal to your friend, am a lady but there is a saying "bros before hoo's" if am right.........dont dissapoint your friend
one bottle of baileys for you wink

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by swimcash(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
HemmanuelRichy:
I'm seriously confused on what o do. The worse part of it is that I chat with my friend on daily basis. I just dey shake my head in self pity for any time he uses her picture on his dp.
guy, if u no tell your frnd, Na u b d worst frnd ever.....#fact

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
swimcash:
guy, if u no tell your frnd, Na u b d worst frnd ever.....#fact
I be wan give the girl second chance maybe she fit change.

let's look at it this way, if I decide to tell my friend and the two decide to make thing up between themselves, which eye you wan make the babe take look me? I go be her worse enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by swimcash(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
HemmanuelRichy:
I be wan give the girl second chance maybe she fit change.

let's look at it this way, if I decide to tell my friend and the two decide to make thing up between themselves, which eye you wan make the babe take look me? I go be her worse enemy.
atleast u go knw say u do d ryt tin n ur frnd go always appreciate u. oya Mk we look am at dis other perspective, u no tell ur frnd, d girl come decide to end d relationship wit ur frnd she cum even go ahead to tell you frnd say her recent bf even introduce her 2 u. Ow u go look in front of ur frnd cry

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by HemmanuelRichy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
swimcash:
atleast u go knw say u do d ryt tin n ur frnd go always appreciate u. oya Mk we look am at dis other perspective, u no tell ur frnd, d girl come decide to end d relationship wit ur frnd she cum even go ahead to tell you frnd say her recent bf even introduce her 2 u. Ow u go look in front of ur frnd cry
Nawa o. This matter don pass me.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by 7Randall: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
The story is a true test of your loyalty. I pray I don't find myself in the kinda situation you are in now but if I do, I'll do either of the two things I'll mention below:
1. Your guy is your childhood friend so you should probably know him well. You should know if he cheats on the girl or not. If he has cheated or is cheating on her, just keep your mouth shut about the matter.
2. If you are sure he hasn't cheated on the girl before, then he probably doesn't deserve such treatment so you tell him about it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Friend About His Loyal Girlfriend? by phyllosilicate(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
A friend that can't tell me my girlfriend is cheating isn't a friend.

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Pre Wedding Pictures / The Kind Of Flowers That Appeal To A Nigerian Girlfriend - Twitter User (Photo) / I called my ex. Please Don't Make This Mistake I Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.