Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari (26700 Views)

Control Of Federal Land: Lagos Defeats FG In Supreme Court / Yahaya Bello Inspect Inland Port Being Built By FG In Kogi / States N145b Allocation From FG In July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Izonpikin: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2016
I gisted with one of my yoruba friend that works with neconde...He was all about the FG should go smash the NDA after the forcados line explosion....I laughed at him... grin

I simply told him..."It seems you want to stop working for neconde and the oil and gas industry as far as Nigeria is concerned "...He was surprised with my reply...

Only fool will think that the FG can employ force on the Niger Delta and still expect to lift oil to generate revenue for our retrogressing nation....

FG must negotiate if they ever want to make money for this country via oil sales...try otherwise and get nothing. .. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Sinkills: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2016
MrDavidson:
Where did those statements mention being in talks with militants? And some have even taken it further by mentioning "scavengers". Utter rubbish. They're economic terrorists and deserve to be treated as such while the FG in all sincerity need to put them to shame by running a totally inclusive govt that will shut the cries and hues of northernizatiom.
Thank you very much. The ball is in the President's court to run a totally inclusive government. This seeming northernization of Nigeria is the real issue causing divisions and ethnic tensions. May God grant him the wisdom to do the right thing and be fair to all I J N, Amen.

1 Like

Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by chernest2002: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2016
The president that hears only when talked violently.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Ralphdan(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2016
No send more military to go and die.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by TheEclectic: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2016
Niger Delta militants don't and can never discuss/negotiate with anyone outside the creeks. Buhari should go to the creeks for serious discussions/negotiations not in sitting his lazy butt in Aso rock claiming to be in discussions with them. If he is too scared to venture the creeks let him send Mr. Ordinary Commissioner.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by limeta(f): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2016
nelcliff:

I guess he wanted to say 5% region...

Fear no let am

1 Like

Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by obailala(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2016
berrystunn:

Foreign investors running away because of oil price drop??
Young man wake up its bad economy team.
Buhari was handed over:-
- $30billion in our Foreign Reserves, 
- $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund, 
- $1.4billion in the ECA, 
- $4.65b back taxes from NLNG. 
- Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion Budget.
- 3 trilion naira in STA..till date

Received Below within a year,
- $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
- $2.1billion world bank loan.
- $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
- Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ......
- unknown amount recovered from looters
We've been through these arguments a lot on this site, it's somewhat meaningless to try and educate a person who is unable to learn. I would just drop a few points just for the sake of talking.

You mentioned $30bn, $2.5bn, 1.4bn, 4.65bn etc... All the amount you mentioned first of all, is just sufficient to meet up the import demand of 180 million Nigerians for barely 3 months. A student who has N10k in his account is far richer than a father of 5 who has N100k in his account. If you don't understand the meaning of this little analogy, then it is pointless for me to go on. May I also remind you that just a few years back as at 2010, Nigeria had well over $60billion total in the different reserves you pointed above, but even then, it was far from enough.

You mentioned 3 trillion in TSA, obviously you do not know what the TSA means, else you wouldn't be suggesting TSA funds as government reserves which the FG should just dip its hands into. You also mentioned recovered fund from looters, you need not act ignorant of the amount, it was mentioned just recently that only about seventy something biullion is the true cash recovered.

Then you mentioned money collected by FIRS etc, are you serious?... Are you aware these are moneys collected every year which makes part of the national budget?... You are obviously not aware these funds have reduced greatly year-on-year due to the recession.

berrystunn:

A year have passed
1] Not a kilometer of road was constructed, 
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward was added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space was created, excepted the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of Corn or tomatoes seed was Provided to our farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men],
6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry left the country.
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months - National Bureau of Statistics. 
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back to the country.
9] War on Corruption turned to war against his perceived enemies, any conviction by EFCC are cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari only win cases on pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record begins.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.
And more to come... Govt with plans to loot from looters,
You claim not a kilometer of road was tarred, no new power plants or other capital projects, but you feign ignorance (or maybe you are actually ignorant) of the fact that the budget of 2015 created by the last admin was purely recurrent based and meant for just paying salaries?... If your salary was owed, then you have a genuine reason to make this meaningless comment. If no kilometer of road is tarred in 2016, then you would be making a point.

I dont need to remind you that no business man or investor takes his business or money to a land where there is no money. Even the woman hawking akara or oranges would prefer to walk through richer neighbourhoods in the hope of making more sales and more money. Nigeria loses 70% of its income because it foolishly and lazily exports only one item, but here we are, some persons are expecting things in the economy to remain the same. Sorry I forgot, Buhari is the one who dropped the oil prices from $120 to less than $50 and he's also the one blowing up pipelines to crash Nigeria's oil export by more than 50%. Una never see suffer yet!

2 Likes

Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by EzeNri(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
this is afoja from the tribe of fallen angels
The fallen angels must have landed on their brains.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by SirChime(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=Igbofirstlady post=47762330]

http://punchng.com/buhari-confirms-talks-niger-delta-militants/[/A Yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it died down and finally laid to rest for good ?. Here was my response:1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria .7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.7.. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.The Yoruba friend replied: you can’t be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo.Let each region develop at her own pace , with airport, sea ports , industries , major projects open to be develop in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism !.Let Nigeria be fair to all irrespective of tribe, religion and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federalism character in Nigeria .Let have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria.That is what Biafra agitation is all about. .......
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Arsewipemod: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2016
limeta:

Irrelevant minority in what sense sir
You've got so many minions and alternate monikers on this forum who would click like for you so you would project an impression that you are making sense and that you've got followers. We know your type.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by limeta(f): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2016
Arsewipemod:

You've got so many minions and alternate monikers on this forum who would click like for you so you would project an impression that you are making sense and that you've got followers. We know your type.

Go find some ting to eat
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Arsewipemod: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2016
Ralphdan:
No send more military to go and die.
You are so ignorant.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Arsewipemod: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
limeta:

Go find some ting to eat
I ain't hungry niggah. Just stop posting jejune stuff. Ok? Now go and sleep if you've got nothing better to do. Save your data for meaningful research, ok?
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by limeta(f): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Arsewipemod:

I ain't hungry niggah. Just stop posting jejune stuff. Ok? Now go and sleep if you've got nothing better to do. Save your data for meaningful research, ok?

Broke ass nigga get a life
Talking data
What is dat
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Arsewipemod: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
limeta:

Broke ass nigga get a life
Talking data
What is dat
That's what rat arse dunderhead niggahs like you like to refer to as MB. You got that niggah? Kapische?
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by berrystunn(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
obailala:

We've been through these arguments a lot on this site, it's somewhat meaningless to try and educate a person who is unable to learn. I would just drop a few points just for the sake of talking.

You mentioned $30bn, $2.5bn, 1.4bn, 4.65bn etc... All the amount you mentioned first of all, is just sufficient to meet up the import demand of 180 million Nigerians for barely 3 months. A student who has N10k in his account is far richer than a father of 5 who has N100k in his account. If you don't understand the meaning of this little analogy, then it is pointless for me to go on. May I also remind you that just a few years back as at 2010, Nigeria had well over $60billion total in the different reserves you pointed above, but even then, it was far from enough.

You mentioned 3 trillion in TSA, obviously you do not know what the TSA means, else you wouldn't be suggesting TSA funds as government reserves which the FG should just dip its hands into. You also mentioned recovered fund from looters, you need not act ignorant of the amount, it was mentioned just recently that only about seventy something biullion is the true cash recovered.

Then you mentioned money collected by FIRS etc, are you serious?... Are you aware these are moneys collected every year which makes part of the national budget?... You are obviously not aware these funds have reduced greatly year-on-year due to the recession.

You claim not a kilometer of road was tarred, no new power plants or other capital projects, but you feign ignorance (or maybe you are actually ignorant) of the fact that the budget of 2015 created by the last admin was purely recurrent based and meant for just paying salaries?... If your salary was owed, then you have a genuine reason to make this meaningless comment. If no kilometer of road is tarred in 2016, then you would be making a point.

I dont need to remind you that no business man or investor takes his business or money to a land where there is no money. Even the woman hawking akara or oranges would prefer to walk through richer neighbourhoods in the hope of making more sales and more money. Nigeria loses 70% of its income because it foolishly and lazily exports only one item, but here we are, some persons are expecting things in the economy to remain the same. Sorry I forgot, Buhari is the one who dropped the oil prices from $120 to less than $50 and he's also the one blowing up pipelines to crash Nigeria's oil export by more than 50%. Una never see suffer yet!

Poor economy team.
Noting to offer
For your information am not a nigerian.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by nelcliff(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
limeta:

Fear no let am
Ur head dey dere.... hahaha....
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by obailala(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
berrystunn:

Poor economy team.
Noting to offer
For your information am not a nigerian.

You aren't a Nigerian doesnt mean you should be incapable of comprehending the very simple logic of Nigeria's economy being tied to global oil prices.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by ajepako(f): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
Izonpikin:
I gisted with one of my yoruba friend that works with neconde...He was all about the FG should go smash the NDA after the forcados line explosion....I laughed at him... grin

I simply told him..."It seems you want to stop working for neconde and the oil and gas industry as far as Nigeria is concerned "...He was surprised with my reply...

Only fool will think that the FG can employ force on the Niger Delta and still expect to lift oil to generate revenue for our retrogressing nation....

FG must negotiate if they ever want to make money for this country via oil sales...try otherwise and get nothing. .. cheesy

I totally agree with you bro..

I have an Italian friend who is a drilling Engineer in Saipem oil in River State

Even the white dude would tell me these days they suspend drilling and exploration in their camp especially when these militants come calling

Even with his funny accent, he tells me government need to negotiate with the militants if they want oil business to continue
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
teekay213:
can you get me the laptop battery of dell studio xps 16?

Does xps 13 or 1340 works for it?

contact me
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
john4reala:
BUHARI NA THUNDER GO FIRE YOUR FAMILY WAHLAHI... INFACT GOD PUNISH ANYONE RELATED TO HIM.......so this is how am gonna drop out of 300level in this Cyprus.... #Exchange Rate Is Killing 9ja Students here In Cyprus
Mister, if actually u re in Cyprus like u claim, get a job and sustain ursef over there. U still want to be spoon fed even after ur parents ve struggled to send u abroad to sch?
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by teekay213(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
exhibition:

Does xps 13 or 1340 works for it?
contact me
NO!
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by Ralphdan(m): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Arsewipemod:

You are so ignorant.

The Most knowledged,i hail thee. undecided
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by berrystunn(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
obailala:
You aren't a Nigerian doesnt mean you should be incapable of comprehending the very simple logic of Nigeria's economy being tied to global oil prices.

Your buhari was called Fantastically corrupt,
Dignity can't not food in your table
His monetary policy has noting to do with global oil prices,
Buhari stylishly devalue naira...hardship show case fast

Do Nigeria have economy team that are capable to get Nigeria back with other means.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by obailala(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
berrystunn:

Your buhari was called Fantastically corrupt,
Dignity can't not food in your table
His monetary policy has noting to do with global oil prices,
Buhari stylishly devalue naira...hardship show case fast

Do Nigeria have economy team that are capable to get Nigeria back with other means.
Bro, haven't got the strength for back and forth pointless arguments. Like I mentioned before, Nigeria's economy is tied to price of crude, oil price goes up, the economy flourishes, oil price drops, economy crashes.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by berrystunn(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
obailala:
Bro, haven't got the strength for back and forth pointless arguments. Like I mentioned before, Nigeria's economy is tied to price of crude, oil price goes up, the economy flourishes, oil price drops, economy crashes.

Where are you driving to? So since the oil price drop..
Nigeria should go and die
What's is the position of the govt and his policy to help the situation?
We should wait till oil price comes up..
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by obailala(m): 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
berrystunn:

Where are you driving to? So since the oil price drop..
Nigeria should go and die
What's is the position of the govt and his policy to help the situation?
We should wait till oil price comes up..
The results of whatever efforts that can be taken to revive the economy can only be seen in several years from now. You cannot diversify an economy in 1 year. Nigeria had at least the last 16 years to get off the 100% oil dependency but it did nothing, anybody expecting miracles in 1 year must be a joker.
Re: FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari by berrystunn(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2016
obailala:
The results of whatever efforts that can be taken to revive the economy can only be seen in several years from now. You cannot diversify an economy in 1 year. Nigeria had at least the last 16 years to get off the 100% oil dependency but it did nothing, anybody expecting miracles in 1 year must be a joker.

Non is expecting miracle, they want to see the directions, the plans to keep hope alive.
All we hear everyday is fighting corruption.
Darkness fighting darkness.
Looting from looters.
Simple and easy way to stop corruption is to rebuild our institutions.

But all we see is fight against oppositions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President's Wife Aisha Presents Gifts To 1st Baby Born In 2017 In Abuja - Photos / Fayemi Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race / Jonathan Swears In New Ministers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.