Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (43750 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / A Visit To National Museum Oron In Akwa Ibom State / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Emyogalanya: 3:51am On Jul 22, 2016
Did u just mentioned uranium hmmm wait for FG. They are coming for u with uranium spills and land degradation by the time they finish u , u can't fish nor farm
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by DRPMJ(m): 3:55am On Jul 22, 2016
Oron is a local government not an ethnic group.
"Oro ethnic group "
Oron LG producing 80% of crude oil in AKS
Make a better research.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by atinicrown(m): 4:36am On Jul 22, 2016
Oh iron,I love this town,I really enjoyed my service year in Methodist boys high school.all you said is so right.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by luggy(m): 5:17am On Jul 22, 2016
I luv akwoibom, especially Anang side wsre I serve during my NYSC
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by VEE2010(m): 5:44am On Jul 22, 2016
I represent oro nation anytime, any day...Oje badi badi, udung! oje badi badi, afaha okpo!! oje badi badi, afang ki!!! Oro nko efuo...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by tempest02: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2016
yrret:
Oron is only popular with maritime academy situated in its environ, but little do we know about the culture and richness of Oron soil and people. They are warm-loving and accommodating. Here are 10 things you didn't know about 'Oron nation'

1. Oron is the most producing oil community in Nigeria. They produce 80% of Akwa-ibom crude oil. (Yet, no good basic amenities to show for it)

2. Oron is the 3rd largest ethnic group in Akwa -ibom state with 5(five) Local government areas(okobo, mbo, udung-uku, oron, urua-offong) after the Ibibio and Annang ethnic group.

3. Oron people inhabit parts of both Akwa-ibom and Cross river and share same ancestral affiliations with the efiks (calabar).
(Its easier for an efik descendant to comprehend Oron than both Annang and Ibibio ethnic group)

4. Oro land is originally address as "Oron nation" and its people consist of 9 Clans called Afaha.
These are; Afaha Okpo, Afaha Ukwong, Ebughu, Afaha Ibighi, Effiat, Afaha Ubodung, Etta, Afaha Oki-uso, and Afaha Idua (Ilue).

5. Oron is the cure for delicious sea foods ( crabs, fresh fishes, prawns, oysters, crayfish and so on...) A place where people from other part of Nigeria come to buy crayfish, afang, fish etc.

6. Fair complexion is mostly seen amongst them. Their ladies are scarcely tall but pretty and smart.

7.Oron is home to one of the oldest museum and high school in Nigeria, Methodist boys high school, Oron. Founded in 1905

8.Oron is home to a lot of natural resources including silica sand, salt,Limestone,Uranium, Manganese, clay.

9.Their major occupation is fishing and farming.

10. Oron Union is the most respected and known association of the oron people(akpkip Oron)

Ojeh! Ojeh!! Ojeh!!! badi... Apkakip Oro!

Source: http://ouroroculture..com.ng/2016/07/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-oron.html?m=1

OP Number 1 is wrong, Ibeno produces the most oil in Akwa Ibom. How did you get your facts? Exxonmobil in ibeno produces the largest quantity in nigeria if I am correct.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by tempest02: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2016
naijaguy77:

QIT is a terminal, not an oil field. Terminals are oil storage facilities, not oil producing facilities.

Eket and Esit Eket produce zero oil, they do not even have coast lines and do not border the ocean. As you know, almost all Akwa ibom oil is produced offshore and the only places in Akwa Ibom that have coast line are Eastern Obolo LGA, Ibeno LGA, Mbo LGA (Oro), Udung Uko LGA (oro), and Oron LGA (Oro). So 3 of the 5 local govt areas in Akwa Ibom that have coast line are Oro nation LGAs.

How far are the oil producing platforms from QIT? You can see some standing at Ibeno beach. Why are you peole trying to twist fact?

If you say 80% of Onshore oil, I can reluctantly agree. But saying you produce 80% of Akwa Ibom oil is sentiments. You don't even produce 15%.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Niyinficient(m): 5:50am On Jul 22, 2016
orekelewa09:
Proudly ewa Oro

Come, u too na from Oron? grin
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by victorjoe(m): 5:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Ufan kpong mkpo ado. That your number one is not correct. I remember i heard about Oron having a large deposit of gas few years ago. But not oil.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by tempest02: 5:54am On Jul 22, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Serious? shocked

You might know my dad. Former LGA chairman of Urue Offong/Oruko. (1999-2002)

@gallantwhite Small world. I could link my tree to the Awanakaks family.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by mikewills(m): 5:58am On Jul 22, 2016
naijaguy77:

QIT is a terminal, not an oil field. Terminals are oil storage facilities, not oil producing facilities.

Eket and Esit Eket produce zero oil, they do not even have coast lines and do not border the ocean. As you know, almost all Akwa ibom oil is produced offshore and the only places in Akwa Ibom that have coast line are Eastern Obolo LGA, Ibeno LGA, Mbo LGA (Oro), Udung Uko LGA (oro), and Oron LGA (Oro). So 3 of the 5 local govt areas in Akwa Ibom that have coast line are Oro nation LGAs.

Hope these maps helps. ALL ExxonMobil fields are off IBENO and Eastern Obolo.

Moreover there are no known oil fields off the coast of Oro land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by victorjoe(m): 5:59am On Jul 22, 2016
dirtymoney:
Akwa Ibom Isongoooo!!!!!

Iya!
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by victorjoe(m): 6:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Finally! Someone with real facts about Akwa Ibom!
#IRepOron

Op pls correct the 'Urua offong'. It's Urue Offong/Oruko.

Salaghadigi nne
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Anijay1212(m): 6:27am On Jul 22, 2016
Sweetlemon:
#IRepOron

So na my people full dis nairaland sef...
Nne alaga
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Anijay1212(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2016
gallantwhite:
Proud oronian from iquita the Emenyi Family
I lived and attended Boys high school from there.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by titsqueez(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2016
mazi85:
Oron has the highest number of mad people...Oron people like to take advantage of visitors and extort them,oron has the highest number of cultists,oron girls(major) are lesbians...Oron na juju town,don't ask me how!

Hiv and Oron na .....Jacob zuma meme anyone?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by gentlegenius(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2016
yrret:
Oron is only popular with maritime academy situated in its environ, but little do we know about the culture and richness of Oron soil and people. They are warm-loving and accommodating. Here are 10 things you didn't know about 'Oron nation'

1. Oron is the most producing oil community in Nigeria. They produce 80% of Akwa-ibom crude oil. (Yet, no good basic amenities to show for it)

So which company is drilling the crude oil from oron? How can Oron be the largest oil producing Local government yet no oil company is operating there right now?
The last time I checked, ExxonMobil currently produces the largest quantity of crude oil for Nigeria and the drill their oil from Qua Iboe terminal in Ibeno, not Oron.
OP pls tell me something I don't know.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by sleetwreck(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2016
By the way. Proudly Urue Offobg Oruko Mbokpu Eyokan
Sweetlemon:
#IRepOron

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by unite4real: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2016
I hear they eat humans
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by mrphysics(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2016
I must confess, Oron is a nice place. Good food, enough water, big fish, nice ladies etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Codes151(m): 7:29am On Jul 22, 2016
U lie! No. 1.......... research properly
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Codes151(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2016
U lie! No. 1.......... research properly
naijaguy77:

uncle Esit Eket has oil. (new).Who told u they don't have coastal areas? Qua river!?? Between Eket n Ibeno is the coast! Eket/Ibeno was all Eket! They were settled towards that area by the Eket people
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by saintkeppy(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2016
Sweetlemon:
#IRepOron

. Nne Sala dighi?? Afu sabak konu??
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Dom2020: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2016
op, u said that oron produced 80% of Akwa Ibom oil, u must have taken Cameroon weed, u better go and check ur fact well
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by saintkeppy(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Codes151:
U lie! No. 1.......... research properly uncle Esit Eket has oil. (new).Who told u they don't have coastal areas? Qua river!?? Between Eket n Ibeno is the coast! Eket/Ibeno was all Eket! They were settled towards that area by the Eket people
. Agreed Esit Eket is an oil producing Frontier Oil (Marginal fields) & Septa Energy more of Gas at Uquo. Ocean Coastline & it is only 3 LGAs constitue over 100km AKS CoastLine: (Effiat-Mbo bordering Cameroon Maritime boundry, Ibeno QIT beach &Eastern Obolo bordering Andoni Opobo Town & Bonny Island in Rivers state. Other LGAs Mention are located along the Cross River Estuary &Qua Iboe River.
Note: Mbo LGA in Oro Nation is strategically Located both on Cross River Estuary bordering Akpabuyo &New Bakassi LGAs in CRS. And Nigeria's most coastal south-east corner bordering neigbouring countries of Gulf of Guinea. The reason behind the proposed IBAKA DEEP SEAPORT at James Town.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by saintkeppy(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2016
unite4real:
I hear they eat humans
. When the people have enough bush meat, native goats & seafoods? U better stop listening to hearsays &change ur OT by goin'down there to see things for urself.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Stanbeto: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2016
Akwa Abasi Ibom aafon etie etie
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by ensunny: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2016
I disagree with number one .Oron is nt an oil producing place,except u want to take it from Ibeno people.U also failed to tell us about criminals in Oron,I mean oron still remain the home of criminals in Akwa ibom state.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by lurex2rhyme(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Serious? shocked
You might know my dad. Former LGA chairman of Urue Offong/Oruko. (1999-2002)

sweedy add me on whatsapp 08136291679
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by o42austino(m): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2016
wilsondave:
I really like the town... during my NYSC I can't forget Doctor Esien a maritime lecturer... sosongo Doctor Esien...he's a good man..Methodist Senior Science School (MSSC) that was my PPA grin

Op there is something u need to add to ur write up about Oron...

You forgot that Oron girls sabi fvck die... they are number1 grin when u hear Ivansogo......in Oron...Chai it means fvck makes someone stronger grin

I get a joint where rugged guys stay it is called camp4 at uyaoro wao.... any time I enter camp4 I go to a stream there where ladies bath and don't care if a guy is watching them or not... Oron is a good town gbabe.
wow...i also remembered my service year at Oron nation Okobo LGA (Offi-oro)... It was a great experience and hospitable people.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2016
I don't know if anyone has noticed that 80% of OLOSHOS aka ashewos in Lagos come from Oron...really really disheartening

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by o42austino(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2016
yrret:

You're always welcome.
I also wish to be in Oron b4 December, I remember my service year at Community secondary school, offi, Okobo LGA 2012\2013 Batch A. Share your number so that I can call you when am in town, my niece has been disturbing me that she wants to visit because of how proud I am about you guys and Oron people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.