Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (43783 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / A Visit To National Museum Oron In Akwa Ibom State / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by effty(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
saintkeppy:
. That 80% is a misconception & outta ignorance. I am from MBO. The QIT u see today was selected by then Late MiLAD Brig. U.J Esuene of the South-Eastern state(AKS&CRS) when Mobil(MPN)Unlimited delegations came from US in the 70's to request for a central location for their Terminal &Logistic Base. Initially Oro chiefs wanted it to be sitted in Effiat the highest oil producing community in the entire Oro Nation. But Esuene being an Eket man opted it to be sitted in the present location we see today. That sandy coastline u see at Ibeno beach has boundries with Mbo at Okposo I&II, Inua Abasi etc with ExxonMobil offshore platforms namely: Ubit, Usari etc are found within the Oro Nation territory along the coastineline, ExxonMobil acknowledges this thru' geographical Mappings where their installation &facilities are located offshores, ask the clan heads & paramount rulers of the 2LGAs (Mbo&Ibeno) they'll explain better to ur understanding. ExxonMobil also have Installations offshore Eastern Obolo. They were given OPL (Oil Propecting Licences) to Explore. TOTAL E&P has its presence in that Eastern Obolo/Ikot Abasi axis too. Amenam,Ofon platforms etc.
I will list oil companies operating in Mbo (Oro Nation) namely:
1.ExxonMobil
2.Sinopec AddaX
3.MONI POULO. OML 114 owned by High Chief O.B Lulu Briggs. He do award scholarships, free Medics to its host communities in Mbo.
4.SEPTA ENERGY operating marginal fields, they are currently laying Gas pipeline from Uquo to Unyenge(Mbo) thru' the Cross River Estuary to power the NIPP Project at Odukpani near Calabar along the Uyo-Calabar highway.
5.SEVEN ENERGY
6.UNIVERSAL ENERGY at Stubb creek, shallow waters, sinopec is their Technical Partner. & i have somebody that is working there.
7. Try google ORIENTAL ENERGY they operate both Ebok & Okwok Fields in Mbo. Most of these companies do not have offices in area of operation, but PH, Lagos, Abuja. They communicates thru' CLO's. They contract service companies such as Noble drilling, Transocean which u know are based in PH, outside AKS &other indigenous companies as part of Local Content Policy of FG.
You do know a whole lot of stuff, nd I dey hia dey search for placement onboard while some useless boys from Rivers state will be claiming community boys for our community.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by felixattah: 9:33am On Jun 14, 2017
Brothers please, take note, oro nation is one of the richest enclaves in Akwa Ibom State.
Mbo LGA is very rich in oil and gas within the Efiat Clan and other mangrove islands. however, it is the quantity of oil produced in Ibeno/Eastern that makes it seem that every akwa ibom production comes exclusively from these LGAs.
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by unique98: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
lurex2rhyme:

eyen eka I sight u
As in!!! Am so happy,I've found my people.#Eyen eka mi. Mbok,we rep oron!�
Re: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. by OgaBuhari: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Damfostopper:
Op u forgot to add.... " the too like sex ".... In oro voice.... Mfang asong awo ile
omo things Don change oh. If you talk that mfang osong île now them go wire you slap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.