Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. (24790 Views)

Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? / Is Tinapa Failing? / Harrods, Wal-mart, Mc Donald´s And Others Head For Tinapa City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mekuslogan: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
tpia.:

that hotel isnt bad sha. I wish it were closer to lagos so I could easily get there next time I'm in Nigeria.

Must everything in Nigeria be closer to Lagos? There is need to spread infrastructure to reduce the one-sided migration.

Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by mekuslogan: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
tpia.:

that hotel isnt bad sha. I wish it were closer to lagos so I could easily get there next time I'm in Nigeria.

Must everything in Nigeria be closer to Lagos? There is need to spread infrastructure to reduce the one-sided migration.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Ajike: 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2009
i think is actually meant to attract pple like you not the 1-0-1 or 0-0-1 pple of nigerians. EGO la wa tasi grin
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Ajike: 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2009
@mekuslogan[b]that hotel isnt bad sha. I wish it were closer to lagos so I could easily get there next time I'm in Nigeria.[/b]
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by sayso: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
when things are new they look beautiful,but wait when they are old,then we will know
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by sherrylo: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2009
@least Cross rivers is doing something about tourism
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
when things are new they look beautiful,but wait when they are old,then we will know
Especially in Nigeria with Nigerian mentality, where no-one bothers to pay attention to reliable and feasible maintenance plans that will keep a newly implemented project going for many years to come.
Nigerian mentality mostly thinks about what it looks like today and has no common sense to think about keeping the great looks going for tomorrow, this is also called long term process.
This is why I personally do not jump up and down for any flashy Nigeria Fed Govt project,or structure. The flashiness and functionality do not last.

The name of my country is Nigeria.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
my arguement is this- hw much does it cost to go to the so called tinapa. can the average nigerian afford it.
the answer is no- then y embarkjin on such project.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
Donald duke is a crook. Have any body seen his house in IKOYI.

300MILLION NAIRA WORTH HOME.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2009
Not even the cost. I mean this is definitely recreation and certainly not tourism that we have seen so far. The average person may want to visit this sort of place maybe once a year. But can we please see tourism now? If people want to understand much about tourism, consult countries like SA and Kenya. I mean there has to be some real tourist attraction to get the tourists flocking down there if the state is really interested in attracting tourists and building their tourism industry.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
can the average nigerian afford it

Also tried to bring McDonald's Corporation to Abuja few yrs ago, the attempt was unsuccessful. 1 of the main reasons was the fact that an average Nigerian wouldn't be able to afford the products. And this totally contradicts the concept of the corporation.

Without any doubt affordability should have been the second factor to be analyzed during the planning process of the project.
Maintenance is still the number 1 factor.

And I can assure you that the master planners will not be able to clearly answer most of these concerns of the citizens.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2009
And you guys should please stop mentioning TOURISM when you mention Nigeria. It is a dream that will never never come true until we address all our issues, accept that we have issues and identify how these issues are going to be resolved.

Tourism in a country that only supplies her citizens with power supply for only 6 unpredictable hours per week. Some areas don't even see power supply for a week straight on a regular. And we want tourism in Nigeria, we even tried to have the world cup played in Nigeria.
Does that make any sense?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find the reality those pictures point to as truely beautiful
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2009
May be we should just change tourism in Nigeria to terrorism in Nigeria.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2009
McDonalds too expensive for the masses? How come? How much would it have cost on average for a meal at this proposed McDonalds ooo
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2009
Mc Donalds is wayyyy cheaper than Mr. Biggs. So please check your facts first
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Lalaska(m): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
For God sake lets learn to appreciate a good work for once. If all our corrupt leaders stole and did something at least, the country would have move beyond this point. I hope to go for vacation there
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
Mc Donalds is wayyyy cheaper than Mr. Biggs. So please check your facts first
Mr biggs is not an American product.
McDonald corporation has standard they plan to maintain for many yrs to come. They just don't jump when you show them money.
They have process that will not be compromised.

You do not have to believe me, go and do the research and I assure you that you will be back to kiss me.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2009
Lalaska:

For God sake lets learn to appreciate a good work for once. If all our corrupt leaders stole and did something at least, the country would have move beyond this point. I hope to go for vacation there

Do you really know what you are up against? Open your eyes to what is going on around you.

Your corrupt leaders do something actually. Many of those in the past have done something similar to this. What happens is they build a structure or two to get people Ooooing and Aaaing, and then while the people are singing their praise in blindness, they move on to stealing while the structures decay over the years. The next administration either comes in to build new structures for similar purposes , claiming the old was gone and lost, or it comes up with more "elaborate" schemes on how to put the state on the map to wow the people. While the people are busy oooing and aaaing at the new structures, the new corrupt leader moves on to go steal his own share, while the people watch on as the structures again start to decay.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
Depilot:

McDonald corporation has standard they plan to maintain for many yrs to come. They just don't jump when you show them money.

You do not have to believe me, go and do the research and I assure you that you will be back to kiss me.

I understand a bit about McDonalds and other similar franchises out here but how much was it going to cost the average person in Nigeria for a meal?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
Your corrupt leaders mostly  implement gigantic project like this to steal more money. This is why most of these projects are not planned properly and also the main reason why they quickly fall apart with time.

FYI: Gigantic Projects = to untraceable stolen money.

Sorry guy, that is the name of the game.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
You do not have to believe me, but real Nigerian politicians on this forum understand me clearly. And I bet you that Dele M also knows where I'm coming from.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by temmytanny(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2009
i dont see anything in this world that nigerians cant afford. the excuse you gave about mcdons is bullshit bro.

there are hundreds of such far far more expensive than mr biggs in lagos and nigeria and people stil go there to enjoy.

i will keep saying we should learn to appreciate what we have
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
When you see any Nigerian leader mention this statement to him or her and then notice the facial expression

"As a politician, You do not make money building bridge, you make money building tunnel"
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2009
Bridge is visible while tunnel is mostly not visible. Tunnel is a sample of gigantic project.
Tinapa water park also falls in the same category.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
temmytanny:

i dont see anything in this world that nigerians cant afford. the excuse you gave about mcdons is bullshit bro.

there are hundreds of such far far more expensive than mr biggs in lagos and nigeria and people stil go there to enjoy.

i will keep saying we should learn to appreciate what we have

I think you are very wrong here. Have you ever been to mcdonalds?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
the excuse you gave about mcdons is bullshit bro.

You don't get it. it is not a matter of just 15% enjoying a product, it is implemented for all 100% to enjoy.
It is not an excuse, it is a standard McDonald sets up.

Just because everybody is rubbing blindmen doesn't mean McDonald should also follow the same steps.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Depilot(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
Moreover, I can not see McDonald's operating 95% of the time using generator (polluting the environment). It totally contradicts their standard.
Making money is not the problem, they will make money with no question, in fact that was why I got myself involved, but they prefer to make money the right way. Establishing this business in Nigeria of today is far from what these folks want to do.

You don't have to believe me, go and check.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2009
Guys Macdonald is not the issue for debate here.

the issue is walataa concept of tourism in calabar and donald duke definition.

my piont is that it shouldnt b referd 2 as tourism - but amusement park.

cus as far as i am concern. I regularly go on holiday with Thompson international and Virgin Travells. And i have never seen calabar in their books as a holiday destination.

walaata are u reading this.
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
Depilot:

WHAT are you talking about??
We all know Mc Donalds is Isreali. The whole world knows that. Mc Donald isnt in Nigeria because they fear the north and the explosive nature of our classhes. Thats whats up. Outside Nigeria, we're seen as unbelieveably unstable and people think we're experiencing the calm before the storm.
What standards.
My friend, the white man is a 100 times more greedy than the black man. Show him the money and he'l run.
The point is, theyre not in nigeria because its not worth their while and not because Nigerians cant afford it. That was my point.
You go check that out!!!
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by fegflu: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
how.

how does mccdonald relates to isreali?
Re: Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. by Rosabelle(f): 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
fegflu:

how.

how does mccdonald relates to isreali?

Mc Donalds is owned by Isreali business men. Common knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. / How Much Is Engine Oil In Your Area Now? / Soyabeans, Crayfish and Groundnut Powder For Babies and toddlers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.