Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Where Did You Miss It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did You Miss It? (436 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Did You Miss It? by Bigdreams(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Faith Clinic: Thursday 21st July 2016 (From Calvary Army Bible Church - Warfare Tent, 22/24, Asimi Asiwaju Street, Ejigbo, Lagos)
Read more of our sermons at www.facebook.com/calvaryarmy
Twitter: @CalvaryArmy

Topic: Where did you Miss It?

Introduction
If you live in a society and do not learn by practical day-to-day activities of what happens around you, if you read the bible, it will be just like history to you. Many people are ignorant of everything that happens around them not knowing that those things have a direct impact on their lives. Whatever it is that happens around you, juxtapose it with what you read in the bible and allow the Holy Ghost to explain things to you, then you will be able to know the right kind of prayers to pray. Doing this will make you become successful and people will think you are the only one that knows the way out.

If you don’t learn how to ask God certain questions and find out what to do at certain situations, you may have money and yet die in your problems. Money does not prevent you from dying neither does good connection does not stop you from dying either. It is God that owns life and even if death already has you in its mouth, He can deliver you.

Remember Isaiah’s message from God to King Hezekiah. If Hezekiah had been a novice, he would have died but he turned and faced the wall telling God he wasn’t ready to die, that he also walked before Him without compromise and that he didn’t have a successor to his throne. Before prophet Isaiah left the palace, God told him to go back and tell King Hezekiah that He had added 15 more years to his life.

God wants people who would hold Him at His word. A man or woman who lives a transparent pure life is a terror to the devil. When our life is not what God wants it to be, where we want to be will be a struggle.

Text: 2nd Kings 6:1-7
1 And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us. 2 Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye. 3 And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go. 4 So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood. 5 But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.1 6 And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. 7 Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.

When you enter into the kingdom of God, you don’t live an anyhow life. You must abide by the kingdom’s principles. The kingdom of God is not without its constitution which is the bible. You need to live by it and not by intellectual senses. There are lots of professors in bible schools or theological seminaries who can’t teach us about God. Why? They have never experienced God as they only have intellectual knowledge of God. Their intellectual knowledge about God is mainly for informational purpose alone and not for any spiritual benefit or transformation.

In God’s family, fathers and children have their individual responsibilities. It is a foolish father that will not want his child to be better than him. However, no matter how grown a child is, such child does not have the experience of the father. No matter how smart the child is, the child needs the aged wisdom before he/she can navigate the stormy waters of life.

In every dealing of God with individuals, there are certain steps of ladders you must climb. God’s promises are basically divided into 3 parts which are as follows:

1. Generalized promises
2. Specialized promises
3. Covenant oriented promises – This hinges on God’s personal dealing with you as an individual. It’s not something everyone can claim. It is given to certain people who have walked with God to a particular expe

Generalized Promises – “Come unto me, all ye that labour…..” This promise is unto everyone. A good example is the rain that falls; it falls on both the born again and those who are not born again. The air blowing is being breathed in by both saints and sinners alike.

Specialized Promises: This can be seen evidently in instances of healing and prosperity – If you want it God’s own way, you must remain in God’s kingdom. However, some also use alternative means to get prosperity or healing which is not without its grave consequences.

Let’s analyze God’s pronouncement of blessings/promises to Abraham which contained the 3 levels of promises or blessings:

1. “I will bless you.” – This is a generalized blessing.
2. I will make you a blessing – Specialized blessing: This kind of blessing is one that goes beyond your ability to take care of your own needs alone. Everybody that came around Abraham had their faces lit up with smiles. Any person with this kind of blessing gives out and the more such person gives out, the more he continues to have.
3. Out of you shall the whole earth be blessed – Covenant blessings: Here, God said “Anyone who cursed him will be cursed.” This level of covenant promises/blessings is only reached by few. At this stage, you become an inexhaustible fountain.

Stage 1 is the gateway into relationship with God. Try to leave the parlour and get the inner room. Observe the things that are in the inner room. However, don’t be content with staying in the inner room; try to get into the throne room. Even when you get into the throne room and see His face, you should not be satisfied with that alone, you should get to know Him; “...That I may know Him and the power of His….” God is inexhaustible; it is the side of Himself that He shows you that you’ll get to experience. You must therefore seek to constantly know Him more and more on a daily basis.

The first room is where you thrown down your load of sin. In the second room, there is a river flowing where you pull off anything called humanity to be washed off of your Adamic nature in preparation for room three where you take on the supernatural.

Remember the woman who asked Jesus for help? What was told her that the children’s bread is not fit for dogs. Yet, this woman told Jesus that even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall off from the child’s table. Jesus was taken aback by her faith and did as she requested. There are some kingdom benefits that are not for outsiders at all, God can only out of His own prerogative and mercy give it to them out of His own sovereign and unquestionable discretion.

Whatever you have lost, there is the possibility of getting it back if only you can handover your life to Jesus; a leader who is focused and can help you get it back. A man who knows the mind of God knows what to do at every given time.

2nd Kings 6:6
And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. 7 Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.

Those who lost the item knew the spot… They were not working carelessly; they were working with an intelligent and open mind. Christians who don’t live a careful life cannot give account of their lives and don’t know what the devil has taken away from them because they don’t know its value. For this young prophets, if they had not followed Elisha wholeheartedly, he would have not accompanied them there. It is a leader whom you follow wholeheartedly that his spirit will be with you anywhere you go. If you believe in your pastor and the God who commissioned him, God will send his angels to always follow you anywhere you go.

These students of Elisha knew exactly where it fell. Elisha now told them to cut a stick. Does a stick drown? Does an axe head float? You could see the manifestation of a divine exchange there.

On the principle of divine recovery, there is something you must do as God is also willing to do His own part. The major general universal problem is this; many people say, “I sow seed so that I can get back what I have lost.” If your heart is not in what you sow, you can’t get anything in return. Where your heart is, there your life is. Where your life is, your entire being will be present. Where your entire being is, productivity must be evident. Many people go to church but their hearts are not there. What is the motive behind your coming to church? You are regular in the church but is your mind in the church?

Everything you do has a motive. When you have forgotten where you missed it, it will be forever gone. If you claim you have been born again, do you remember where you actually lost that experience? Your being born again is the entrance key into the kingdom.

Where did you throw it away?

It is not money you have lost neither is it wife, husband or the good things of life. What you have lost is the experience you once had with God. Get back that experience and you’ll see God putting everything back to normal in your life.

There’s nothing you lost that you cannot recover. All you need is to drop your pride and you’ll receive instant help from God.

PRAYER
1. God, I am sorry for my wayward life. Please forgive me for whatever my wayward mind has been thinking.
2. Let the invisible hand of God locate that thing I have lost and recover them for me.
3. Pray this prayer with faith that you’ll recover it now: Shout aggressively loud – the name of Jesus once, invisible hand of God, whatever the wicked ones have taken away from me. I don’t even know the things they’ve taken away from me and where I even lost them. Invisible hand of God, locate them and bring them back for me.
4. Shout the name of Jesus loud, invisible hand of God. All the covenant promises you made for me this year and the enemies have stolen away from me, go out aggressively on my behalf, locate wherever the enemies have taken them to and collect them back for me.
5. Cry aloud the name of Jesus once, Holy Ghost once, every strange and wicked hands that are struggling with my rights in my dream, paralyze and wither.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Greets GOFAMINT At 60 / Nigeria Rejects Kenya’s Bearded Prophet / Is Judgement By Our Last Days On Earth Or By Our Life On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.