Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! (2487 Views)

Mtn, The Best Network Ever / Samsung Unseat MTN – The Most Admired Brand In Africa / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Esesuper: 2:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Well, I hope MTN gets this cos am really pissed right now. My number is 08067179577. I loaded my 500 naira airtime an hour ago (at about 12.34 am 22/7/2016) and I received a message that my recharge of 500 naira was successful and that I have received a data bonus of 1gb (ie the wow weekend thingy). This bonus 1gb data is d reason why I loaded d 500 naira airtime in d first place. I decided to check my balance and to my greatest surprise, I had 400 naira airtime left, even though I didn't make any call and never subscribed to any funny mtn service with funny hidden charges, not even caller tunes! Also, my data service is on my glo line, cos I use a 2-sim android phone. And I have NEVER borrowed money from MTN! 2ndly, d wow weekend data bonus was nowhere to be found. So now MTN scammed me of the promised 1gb data and N100 airtime. I have tried several times to call customer service but u guys keep hanging up on me after telling me to hold on for a customer care representative. This action by a renowned service provider like mtn is unacceptable and I won't rest until I get my money back with apologies. This continuous scamming by mtn is d reason why I haven't loaded my line for over 2 months now. I was just about to give u guys another chance and this is what I get?

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Esesuper: 2:16am On Jul 22, 2016
A few minutes later, I dailed *556# and instead of seeing N500 airtime balance and 1gb weekend bonus to my greatest surprise, I found out that I had 400 naira airtime left and d 1gb data was nowhere to be found, even though I didn't make any call and I never subscribed to any funny mtn service with their funny hidden charges, not even caller tunes!
Also, my data service is on my glo line, cos I use a 2-sim android phone.
And I have NEVER borrowed money from MTN!

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by histemple: 2:35am On Jul 22, 2016
Wow! I didn't know MTN has a N500 designated recharge card.
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:53am On Jul 22, 2016
I think the July deal is only for those on MTN ipulse and from your screen shot you are on MTN Smooth Talk.

Try Engaging them on twitter or facebook.

1 Like

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by TDonald: 6:12am On Jul 22, 2016
histemple:
Wow! I didn't know MTN has a N500 designated recharge card.
Actually they do

1 Like

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by xtivin(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2016
op do u know it was going to happen before doing d screenshot?

4 Likes

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Hotflakes(f): 9:20am On Jul 22, 2016
I did this last weekend and I got the 1GB bonus, and I wasn't even on ipulse. The only problem I can see right now is your missing N100 credit. As for the data bonus, maybe you should hold on till tomorrow, since that's the time you can use it anyway.
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Ejovwoke(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by nonny1212: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2016
mtn just scammed me o. I loaded 500. I was notified that i have been given 1gb. So i dailed *556# and I expected to see 1gb as they offered but what i saw was just 100mb.

Am really sad
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by ify84(m): 10:51am On Jul 22, 2016
nonny1212:
mtn just scammed me o. I loaded 500. I was notified that i have been given 1gb. So i dailed *556# and I expected to see 1gb as they offered but what i saw was just 100mb.

Am really sad

I think it's 500 naira and above, meaning u will load like 750 card to get 1gig.. .. Because, I just loaded 500 and they gave me only 100mb. ... Loaded another 500 and got another 100mb making it 200mb.... Although, they showed me 1gig bonus immediately o loaded d 500s.. ..
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2016
I don't know about u guys but I just loaded 550 on my Mtn and I got my 1gb bonus.

U people just like shouting scammer every time when the actual fact is ur own misunderstanding. Mtn said recharge above 500, and u recharged 500.

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by ify84(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
greenhulk:
I don't know about u guys but I just loaded 550 on my Mtn and I got my 1gb bonus.

U people just like shouting scammer every time when the actual fact is ur own misunderstanding. Mtn said recharge above 500, and u recharged 500.

Mtn get 550 card, or u did Mobile top up from ur bank?
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
ify84:

Mtn get 550 card, or u did Mobile top up from ur bank?

I can't remember the last time I bought recharge card, over a year now.

1 Like

Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Esesuper: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
I want my stolen 100 naira refunded by mtn! Chikena!
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Chillinmasoul(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
MTN said above N500 which means when you recharge N501 they will fulfill their promise. It's not scam, na you no understand... Pele
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by cafedeluv(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
My N510 recharge gave me 1gb bonus.
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Esesuper: 1:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Chillinmasoul:
MTN said above N500 which means when you recharge N501 they will fulfill their promise. It's not scam, na you no understand... Pele

Before u start commenting on someone's post, I'd advise you to take out time to read it first. Thank u.
Or did mtn deduct any amount from ur N501?
Re: MTN, The Great SCAMMER Is At It Again! by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 23, 2016
greenhulk:

seems for some weird reason after the first time(I.e the first time u load 500 and get 1gb) u have to start recharging above 500. u used vtu so am guessing that's why.so best u use vtu for this stuff next time(to those like me u were affected) and send a little bit above 500 say 510 to ur line.not really a big issue but these data providers need to start making clearer the terms of their service,for instance even airtel will tell u that they are selling 1.5gb for 50naira but have used it and it is less than even 1gb.edit:just saw the above 500naira part now,so am guessing the first time it worked for 500 was like a bonus or something.but still airtel though angry

(1) (Reply)

IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It / Step's On How To Install "Google Play Store" On BlackBerry 10. / Tecno W5 Lite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.