Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria (41381 Views)

Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017 / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities / Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by ngwoke93: 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
I can see my FUNAI there. young but vibrant university. just about to graduate the first set of student and already having recognition worldwide. the only new federal university on the list. hail FUNAI excellent institution.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Toroze(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Most of you all don't even understand this particular list and you're shouting about how your alma matter is the best.. anyways. #My2Bytes..
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by DifferentBoy1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Staunch Uniport...... Rugged.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by 5ircreepy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
frond:
The above information is wrong. Please check the right ranking below.

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

Baba this is January version, op posted July 16th version....

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Pchizy: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
stenmikas:

Are u a graduate? Or u dey do aro?
Research the disparity b/w Lion & Super Lion
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Okwyjesus(m): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
All hail the lion.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by greatmidget(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Team LAUTECH. Omo Ladoke owo loke!
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by seunfape(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
I no gree Micheal OKpara university of agriculture umudike go be like no. 4.fake list
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Adeyinka1758(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
LAUTECH even tho things ain't going right for nw... Intimidation We Condole Not.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by overlord77: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Period007:
LIONS and LIONESSES!!!!!

Great!

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by AsapKen(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Mehn number one in Nigeria is 1433 in d World....wen is our educational system gonna get better?
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by famzynet: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
I am proud to be a lion.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Solobenny(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kennycyphers:
UNN UNEC ALUMNI... PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL THE AUTHORITIES TO REOPEN UNEC. #REopenUNEC...
Is it wrong for students to demand at least 4hrs of power supply? ??
I'm also in unec bro.
If only our fellow unec students could at least start an onlineprotest.
#ReopenUnec
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by jordinsparkles(f): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
christejames:
UNN doesn't make noise in her effort to greatness, a visit to the school currently will reveal to you how far the school is going...
I'm a proud lioness and I am super excited to be one.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by danidee10(m): 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
cliquevibes:
Edakun, Wat bout Madonna university? cry

That terrible school

Even top 10000 sef dem no deserve am
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by danidee10(m): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
ngwoke93:
I can see my FUNAI there. young but vibrant university. just about to graduate the first set of student and already having recognition worldwide. the only new federal university on the list. hail FUNAI excellent institution.

Another set of half baked students....FUNAI is useless

All Nigerian universities are useless

Some are just more useless than the others angry

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by marvelife: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
ikescope:

We are roaring and soaring bro...I rep the high voltage community! (physics/Astro)..faculty of physical sciences.
brilliant you
higher you i pray ma.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
marvelife:

waoo great lioness how's your day going ?
I graduated in the best faculty , social science
wha abt you

una get problem ooo. una dey do best faculty and department too. I just hope u are the best graduate in Nigeria.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Jemc(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
UNN graduate is naturally ahead of You. University of Biafra, the best in Nigeria. The guy posting below will talk trash like his ancestor Kakanfo Afonja.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by marvelife: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
LARRYDKING:

una get problem ooo. una dey do best faculty and department too. I just hope u are the best graduate in Nigeria.
you know why i won't abuse you?
Ignorance at its peaks is affecting u
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by fikfaknuel(f): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
kelvinreality:

OAU not in top ten best ranked university? This looks like a shocker to me, nevertheless the unnecessary issue which has re-occurred on continual basis will take the larger share of the blame grin
It's not a "top ten best" ranking but fairness.
fikfaknuel:

It's not a "top ten best" ranking but fairness.
kelvinreality:

OAU not in top ten best ranked university? This looks like a shocker to me, nevertheless the unnecessary issue which has re-occurred on continual basis will take the larger share of the blame grin
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by babeface3: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
dunkem21:

Even in the world, we set the pace..

Google Osita Onuma.. my guy broke a 120 year record @ imperial college, London wey make Bill Gates dey find am up and down..

. a guy I recommended for Buhari.
Ridiculous! Nigerians from other institutions make waves and break records daily as well but it does not remove the fact that our universities occupy the lowest ebb in the global scheme of things. Celebrating mediocrity does us no good.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by babeface3: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
vikaosi:

Eulogy? You called yourself a lion but couldn't recognize UNN's anthem.
what's the anthem? grin
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Tosyno51(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
OAU & LAUTECH...... see as dem follow one another. Always on strike.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by madapcmod: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
kenex4ever:
when ever school ranking is not done in Lagos or Abuja, UNN, Unizik and Uniport are always dominating. Even our ojoro tribal ranking is based on webometrics but dey will always put theirs in front.

Don't mind that NUC tribalist. UNN is not my alma mater but I respect that school bc her products are sound. Imaging ppl like prof Dora, prof soludo, ibe kachikwu, okonjo iweala, arumma oteh etc. First class scholars making wave in Nigeria, yet that okojie of NUC keep raking d school low. The best thing is to ignore them and keep improving.

I'm also happy that a baby university Unizik is pulling weight. Kudos to d two
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Kennycyphers(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
Solobenny:

I'm also in unec bro.
If only our fellow unec students could at least start an onlineprotest.
#ReopenUnec

There is need for an online protest.. most people didn't know about it. I only heard about it from my cousin last week. She's in her finals. Nsukka campus is ON so nobody will really take note..
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by chigoizie7(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
And my great UNIZIK is at number 5.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by deasy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
TheVictorious:
Webometrics has recently released the openness ranking of World universities for the second half of 2016, within which less than 50 Nigerian universities were included; With Harvard University (USA) coming first in the world as usual.

Openness refers to the total number of pdf files of a university according to google. It relies on information (statistics) of web publications of a University for a Specific period of time; available on google scholar. It therefore based on volume of research articles published by a university.

The quantity of google scholarly articles a university has reveals how much of research is being conducted by the university; which is what openness ranking is all about – a university’s research output.

Openness rank is a part of the many indicators that make up several university rankings, others being excellence, presence and visibility; for Webometrics. Although it does not exactly specify the impact of the research papers a university has; the openness indicator however reveals the extent to which a school is engaged in research, which is what world class institutions are known for.

Although no Nigerian university was among the first 1000 in the world, University of Nigeria ranked highest of the Nigerian universities on the list, followed by University of Ibadan, University of Ilorin and Covenant University respectively. Below is the list of the top 30 Nigerian universities in the Webometrics 2016 Openness ranking for world universities. Their respective world ranks are those enclosed within brackets. The July 2016 edition of the Webometrics ranking of world universities (overall ranking of all parameters); of which openness rank constitute 10% by weight of is expected to be released next week.

1. University of Nigeria, Nsukka. UNN (1433)

2. University of Ibadan, Ibadan. UI (1613)

3. University of Ilorin, Ilorin. UNILORIN (2114)

4. Covenant University, Ota. CU (2161)

5. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. UNIZIK (2173)

6. University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt. UNIPORT (2190)

7. University of Lagos, Lagos. UNILAG (2243)

8. University of Calabar, Calabar. UNICAL (2333)

9. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. UNAAB (2364)

10. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. ABU (2372)

11. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. OAU (2473)

12. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso. LAUTECH (2585)

13. University of Uyo, Uyo. UNIUYO (2655)

14. Federal University of Technology, Minna. FUTMINNA (2682)

15. University of Benin, Ugbowo. UNIBEN (2703)

16. Federal University of Technology, Akure. FUTA (2835)

17. Bayero University, Kano. BUK (2909)

18. Redeemer’s University, Mowe. RUN (2937)

19. Lagos State University, Ojo. LASU (2939)

20. Osun State University, OSU (3074)

21. University of Jos, Jos. UNIJOS (3173)

22. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo. FUNAI (3242)

23. Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt. RSUT (3295)

24. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti. ABUAD (3330)

25. Landmark University, Omu-aran LU (3422)

26. Federal University of Technology, Owerri. FUTO (3423)

27. Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu. ESUT (3433)

28. University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri. UNIMAID (3465)

29. Federal University of Dutsin Ma, Dutsin-Ma (3478)

30. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. MOUA (3515).

Source: http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/169

Damn it!
What a list!!!
See where universities of our beloved country are -- 1433 downwards...this shows how much we are lagging behind in the world.

No wonder our graduate can't use their cert. to get job in other country (apart from west africa countries only).

Am just thinking...so what's the essence of spending 4 years in university?

Hmmm...the ogas untop wey suppose to invest hugely into the education system for it to meet up with the world ain't doing it well. No wonder we lack productivity -- we are know as a consuming nation instead. I so much believe they know this -- they prefer acquiring enough cash for themselves and their family, then they import their offspring to one of the top 100 universities of the world, which further affects the rate of our currency.

Really looking forward to see our university in top ten in the world.
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by ndubueze92(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
Unn academic performance has never been in doubt... This is the only ranking based on academics and we came on top
Yes due to government neglect over the years, we may not have the best infrastructures.... But our academic standard has always remained strong....
Am a proud super lion... And I rep unn
I rep UNN a super lion ...
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by calebify1(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
murmee:
Why won't they drop when they go on strike so often.
Abi
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by calebify1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
ogaprime:

They are the best strikers....no team or attacking partnership strikes better then OAU
lolll.....
Re: Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Seriously! My scul,UniAbuja is not on the list............the list is false den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Polytechnic Lecturer Slaps Student Into Unconsciousness (Photo) / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU / Can You Guess The Department?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.