Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc (33932 Views)

Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Can You Fight Your Siblings Over An Unfavorable WILL / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Jacko1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
How i have been surviving rhis economy is joining a prayer group that wants that pharaoh buhari to die

After each prayer point i feel satisfied

But hmmm wonder why its not working
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by teacherbim(f): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
awoo47:
Surviving or suffering? Rubbish bitter tomato dat goat no fit chop.

Enemy of progress,go get a life

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by terungwamzer(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Below is the pics of my small garden.
I planted tomatoes, vegetable, pepper and Sweet potatoes.

We've not been buying tomatoes since march..even when tomatoes became costly. We've been eating the tomatoes and vegetable from my small garden.. Sometimes, when it becomes too much.. We give to our neighbors and friends.
grin

It has helped me and my family and our neighbors a bit.

So, how have you been able to cope.. What have you done to help yourself and people around you?

Share your experience pls grin

I now see why u're miss NL:
Resourceful
creative
Love for neighbour by sharing out of the abundance of ur lil garden

Good job keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Onegai(f): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
I'm growing spring onions, garlic and leaks in cans in my balconey. Will try tomatoes, lemons and carrots next. Here's some I harvested yesterday for a sauce. Urban Gardening makes sense.

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Iseoluwani: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
skarlett:

So its safe to say na only weekend una dey chop

OYO Z YOUR CASE grin

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Fidelismaria: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
Mine is nt dat difficult av bin able to survive so far by cursing buhari nd hoping for a beta 2mao
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by uliyaah(f): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
I have been making money on MMM for over two months now! , i blamed my friends for not telling me sooner, it helped with my just rented apartment agency fee! i started with a huge money, yes, I am a risk taker, but the good thing is, you dont have to start with much money, Its so cool that u dont even have to refer anyone, but its an added money source to refer, like when you tell someone, come and eat where i eat, and they are doing shakara, you'd be like, no be by force na.
Anyway, not an advert, but whoever is interested can chat me via whatsapp on +2347083097783
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by smarleybiz(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
Miss Nairaland, pls due to lack of availability of land, I hereby asked for your permission to start up a small scale farming on NairaLAND..

I promise to give you some portion of the farm products..... Thanks
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:
We all know Nigeria economy has not been favourable to many.. Believe it or not, some have died due to hunger.

Some of us have not been doing anything to make the economy better.. Instead, we prefer to cast blame on the government and argue online and offline.

I pray for a better Nigeria.. But we all must try our best to make this country a better place..

*Don't depend on government.. Magic is not going to happen anytime soon*

Below is the pics of my small garden.
I planted tomatoes, vegetable, pepper and Sweet potatoes.

We've not been buying tomatoes since march..even when tomatoes became costly. We've been eating the tomatoes and vegetable from my small garden.. Sometimes, when it becomes too much.. We give to our neighbors and friends.
grin

It has helped me and my family and our neighbors a bit.

So, how have you been able to cope.. What have you done to help yourself and people around you?

Share your experience pls grin

you will make a good wife, will you marry me?

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Nickymezor(f): 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nice one Lanicky... Hmmm I hv neva seen dat specie of Tomatoes bfr shocked... Dat one na tomatoes of life smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:
Dunno what's called generally...but we Yorubas call it snake tomatoes... Lol. grin

what is this, and how is it used?
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Kazrem(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:
Dunno what's called generally...but we Yorubas call it snake tomatoes... Lol. grin
Frankly, I am inspired. With take permission from my landlady to plant tomato.

Which one com be snake tomatoes again. Tomato elejo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Kazrem(m): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Onegai:
I'm growing spring onions, garlic and leaks in cans in my balconey. Will try tomatoes, lemons and carrots next. Here's some I harvested yesterday for a sauce. Urban Gardening makes sense.
Wow!!!
I love this. Want to go subsistence farming now. Can I pm you?
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by legendte(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
refiner:

this got me!...grin
cc nljega...
make we wait for result..inugo?

Lol Nne anugom
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by legendte(m): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Thanks sir grin
You are welcome dear
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Emodeee: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Smh..
Tomatoes don't grow on tiles.. So go to your back yard and plant on the sand there. tongue

I planted on a small portion of land in our compound...very small.
It's the only available space I could plant.

I was just joking na.
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Cbeatz(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
how i survive;;;....hmmmm.....wake..
hustle....close @ 3......
go to bet9ja....
Go to my barber...look @ the mirror and my wild very curly hair( pester my barber to cut erytin' for free...the niqqa go get ear infection @ that point)....
Go home..cook...check NL...eat.... pray...and if nepa bring light na house be the one wey go dey play konfam gbedu for 12a.m ( the day starts @ 12 for our side)....when nepa take light...sleep....:::start from top...fiinis
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Onegai(f): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kazrem:

Wow!!!
I love this. Want to go subsistence farming now. Can I pm you?

I don't have a lot of info on it but why not check Agriculture section. There is quite a bit of info there on subsistence farming
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by ahnie: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]This economy is so harsh that sometimes me and my friends share everything like Airtime, power bank, food and even our DREAMS

How i've been surviving
1. Visit the bank with my power bank, rechargeable lamp, rechargeable fan
2. Withdraw #1000
3. watch CNN news in the bank
4. Chat with the security man
5. Leave with the #1000
6. Come again the next day and deposit the #1000[/size]
i swearagawd you are a nutcase....Hahahahaha angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by ahnie: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jacko1:
How i have been surviving rhis economy is joining a prayer group that wants that pharaoh buhari to die

After each prayer point i feel satisfied

But hmmm wonder why its not working

Lolz choi yu wee north kee me wheat laffta cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by repogirl(f): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
Na the way be this o, I will also snap pics of my own small garden when the stuff mature. For now still buying foodstuff sha.
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by itzsniper(m): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:
I knw DAT tin way back in idanre ondo st. DAT tomato taste nor b for hia o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by eemjay(f): 1:22am On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=13pt]This economy is so harsh that sometimes me and my friends share everything like Airtime, power bank, food and even our DREAMS

How i've been surviving
2. Withdraw #1000
5. Leave with the #1000

grin grin grin
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by eemjay(f): 1:29am On Jul 23, 2016
lanicky:

Trichosanthes cucumerina is a tropical or subtropical vine, its variety T. cucumerina var. anguina raised for its strikingly long fruit, in Asia eaten immature as a vegetable much like the summer squash, and in Africa, the reddish pulp of its mature fruit is used as an economical substitute of tomato.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Alvinnado(m): 2:04am On Jul 23, 2016
lanicky:
The same name in Igbo
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by Alvinnado(m): 2:15am On Jul 23, 2016
lanicky:
Lol never see this tomatoes before,just doing so now,my dad always talked about it,he said it was the only tomatoes available during the biafran war,but it vanished out of our side since the war ended... TOMATOES AGWO (snake tomatoes ).So many local food don vanish for my side due to civilization...I don find am tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by SirHenry105(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2016
I'm sowie buh l got to ask, is this the same Lanicky that won miss NL? WOW JUX WOW...
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by otodeluxe(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2016
am presently doing my undergraduate studies. my main source of income is. google adsense and apart from that. family. over. everything.
Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by hiffeholuwa(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:

How i've been surviving
2. Withdraw #1000
5. Leave with the #1000
lol... kuku ask for security work!

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by SweetieConstie(f): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2016
Wow! Nice one, Lanicky! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc by dumie(f): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Its just been God, I haven't personally felt it that much inasmuch as cost of living has skyrocketed. Baba God has been faithful..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! / Mother Flogs Her Daughter For Visiting Man's House (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.