Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone (7636 Views)

How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / Affordable 4g LTE Phone / How To Enable 4g Lte On Your 3g Android Phone(100% Working) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
It's no longer news that Ntel 4G network is now available in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State.

The only news is that some Devices not listed by Ntel as compatible, can actually work with the sim.

Ntel Listed some devices that are compatible, which comprises:

Brand Model
Tecno C5
Samsung S6
Konka R1 R2 P8
Huawei Mate 8 Mate 7
Infinix Zero 3
Lenovo P1M A2010

Some of these devices supports only Data connection, whilst others supports both Data and Voice over LTE.
Here's the good news: Whether your device supports Voice over LTE or not, Ntel would Launch an app that would be downloaded on your LTE branded phone, in order for you to be able to make voice call, within a month or two

If your device is LTE but not included on the list above, like mine, never mind.

Just visit any Ntel shop, pally with any of the customer care representative. She'll remove her sim and insert in your phone to test the compatibility.

Please note the ffg.

As soon as you insert the sim, no signal would appear on whichever slot (sim1 or sim2) you inserted the sim. Never mind if this happens. All you have to do are the following

Manual Internet configuration

1) Ensure There's data on the 4g Ntel sim you want to use for the test
2) Go to settings, Select data Usage,
3) You'll see overview.
4) Select Ntel and set the Cellular Data as Ntel
5) Next, Find your way to Cellular network Settings.
6) Preferred network set as 4g recommended
7) APN. Click on it and set up a new profile: Name Ntel. APN :ntel Password and user name can be left blank, doesn't matter
cool Exit, but ensure all is set as Ntel.
9) Switch on airplane mode and switch it off. ( or if you can be patient enough to reboot your device)
10) Now the 4g Network should appear.

If after doing the above, still no network from Ntel, two of the following must have happened.

1) No Ntel network yet in your neighborhood.
see coverage areas in Lagos http://www.ntel.com.ng/4g-lte-coverage/
see coverage areas in Abuja http://www.ntel.com.ng/4g-lte-coverage/

If your area is covered, then further settings required.

2) Ensure your device is

Device chipset supported 4G/3G/2G or LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Available mode)MTK 6735, Exynos 7420 Octa
Radio frequency bands FDD
LTE bands supported 3, 8 (900MHz and 1800MHz)

Next is to dial on the call tab as if you want to make call *#*#4636#*#*
It will take you to 'testing page' with the following headings

Phone Info
Battery Info
Usage Info
Wifi info.

Select Phone Info
Check if you can see Current Network as ntel
Then scroll down to where you can PPP sent, PPP Received, Number of PPP
Just after the fourth line, you'll see a dialogue arrow.
Select it and a list of options would appear.
Select LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
Scroll down to where you have SMSC
Click refresh first
Then Click update.

With these done, the network 4g should appear.

If your phone meets the above requirements, then you should be live on Ntel, just as I am.

My phone is INNJOO FIRE 2 PLUS LTE

Its working fine.

Sub

Unlimited 3 days at 1,000 naira
Unlimited 7 days at 3,000 naira
Unlimited 30 days at 10,000 naira

Sim cost is free, but must activate any of the above plans

http://www.ntel.com.ng/ntel-outlets-2
http://www.ntel.com.ng/plans/

Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
Gonna be watching BVB vs Man United now on NTEL network at 1:00Pm Nigerian time on my System in the office Friday, 22/7/2016

Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by donsity(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
I followed every step up until i got to SMSC______ when i clicked refresh, it shows "Refresh Error, when i click update, it says update error.

i guess it's because:
1. there's currently no signal on the Ntel sim as i'm configuring it.
2. I removed the other sim(GLO) when doing this configuration, else, while the GLO sim was on, it showed glo SMSC code and when i clicked update, it refused to summit. now that i've removed the glo sim, there's no signal whatsover, and it's just showing refresh error.

can you please tell us the SMSC number of Ntel if you know it?
or
how else can we solve this issue.

Thank you davodyguy
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by sod09(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
your process is different from samsug 7 prime im lost please
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
your process is different from samsug 7 prime im lost please

for android
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by sod09(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
davodyguy:

for android
yes pls
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by MobileGees: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
is that leagoo kicca power you're using in the screenshot, if yes can I activate 4g on the phone
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by MobileGees: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
cc: davodyguy
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please help with my ntel am using HTC One a9 and I have data it is still not connecting what do I do please....
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
MobileGees:
is that leagoo kicca power you're using in the screenshot, if yes can I activate 4g on the phone
Innjoo LTE
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
azraeljaheel:
Please help with my ntel am using HTC One a9 and I have data it is still not connecting what do I do please....

Have you ever used Ntel on it?
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by gr8gem(f): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
For you to use Ntel on any 4g/lte phone, you must put the preferred network to 4g only before the network will appear, if the preferred network is 4g/3g or 4g/3g/2g the network will not come up, so you must set your preferred network to 4g only. You can also buy the wawu sim to get 12gig for 1000 naira.
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
donsity:
I followed every step up until i got to SMSC______ when i clicked refresh, it shows "Refresh Error, when i click update, it says update error.

i guess it's because:
1. there's currently no signal on the Ntel sim as i'm configuring it.
2. I removed the other sim(GLO) when doing this configuration, else, while the GLO sim was on, it showed glo SMSC code and when i clicked update, it refused to summit. now that i've removed the glo sim, there's no signal whatsover, and it's just showing refresh error.

can you please tell us the SMSC number of Ntel if you know it?
or
how else can we solve this issue.

Thank you davodyguy
Which device?
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by sod09(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
gr8gem:
For you to use Ntel on any 4g/lte phone, you must put the preferred network to 4g only before the network will appear, if the preferred network is 4g/3g or 4g/3g/2g the network will not come up, so you must set your preferred network to 4g only. You can also buy the wawu sim to get 12gig for 1000 naira.
some phone don't have 4g only option
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by gr8gem(f): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
sod09:
some phone don't have 4g only option
That is the requirement for Ntel 4g service(preferred network "4g only"wink
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
davodyguy:

Have you ever used Ntel on it?

Yeah I have
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2018
azraeljaheel:

Yeah I have
Its network failure, not device
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by walesho(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2018
Will it work for infinix hot 4Pro?
Re: How To Enable 4G Internet On Your LTE Phone by davodyguy: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
walesho:
Will it work for infinix hot 4Pro?
if its LTE yes

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Esims In Nigeria (MTN, 9mobile, GLO And Airtel) / Nigeria’s Telco Operators By Market Share, Revenues, Subscribers And Ownership. / Samsung Plans To Relaunch Refurbished Note 7 Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.