Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever (2858 Views)

Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress / Republicans Criticize Obama For Going On Vacation (Pictures) / Republicans have exposed themselves as intolerant & hateful this week. Discuss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
@tayo grin
i told u, i will recommend u to BBC for real comedy. u are good.
i really dont care about the olympics. brasil is ok. but the office of the president of the US has been disparaged. the first time a US president did this, and rejected. . . not good for obama.at all. this is the first real sign of his political doom. as trivial as it seems, this is it.

after all the populist international moves. after all the global friendsip, well loved US president. i mean, i dont blame the IOC, but i'm only talking via US politics, after all the world ''apology'' tour. and all his global popularity, the first time a US president asks of a simple favor, it is rejected grin grin . . for brasil . . . not even tokyo, or spain . . grin

bad for obama. i hope he can smell the coffee. do this job and stop gallivating from townhall to townhall, tv to tv, nowhe can forget popularity. it's begining to looklike the Bush approach was a better foreign policy. let's see how iran plays out.

for obama, he has to toughen his skin for a barage from the right grin

my annoyance with him is that he is playing nice guys wiht the right. its like throwing glass into water and wating for it to melt
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2009
PRES-ELECT, obama is damned if he does and damns if he does not. he arrived in copenhagen less than 24 hrs before his presentation while the others arrived at least 3 days before. obama needs to tighten his seat belt. popularity will not get him anywhere, if he had arrived 3 days before, he would have bn able to get somewhere. now he knows, he can not turn water in wine neither can he walk on water, lol he needs to keep a low profile and sort out the health reform with the democrats or else, he's going to be a one term president, he needs to declare jihad(war) on the republican's. he needs to play dirty, he needs to stop throwing parties @ the white house for the celebrities that only wants publicity for themselves. most of them photographed with him and michelle @ the white house were either supporting hilary or mccain during the campaighn, i bet hilary and bill clinton are laughing @ him,
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 3:52am On Oct 06, 2009
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/obama-address/1163263/

a sound SNL mockery of Obama. now he knows he is no longer the adored popular president, i hope he will be able to concentrate and do his job. i noticed him having a meeting with I50 drs in white house. . . . Mr Obama, pls keep pressure on democrats in congress and get things done. damn all these photo ops angry

u are the president. u are supposed to be the leader of the democratic party. what are you doing? pressurise these democrats. and learn from the LBJ playbook. ASAP.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2009
I saw d SNL, they called him the do nothing president, he needs to stop showing everywhere & @ everything. he's overpromised, underdelivered and over reaching. he needs to up his game. no more photo opswith any1. he's acting like those attension seeking celebrities i.e victoria beckham, jordan, all he needs to do is stay in d the white hse and force the democrats to pass the health care bill. d republican's do no want to work with him and d health care bill should be the democrats bill and not the republican's bill, he can turn things around if he listen's to the right people. i do not blame the republican's i blame d democrats because they can pass the bill without the nasty party so what are they waiting for. they should be calling the shots not the republican's. r d democrats united? i think not. what d hell is nancy polosi doing, if they don't pass the bill, no chance of a 2nd term with obama unless hilary receievs d nomination. obama should not b getting himself involved with local politics in NY, he should focus on the health care bill not who he wants 2 be governor of NY
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
imagine the nonsense, asking the new york gov to withdraw from re-election. is he that idle? with all the undone assignments in washington he puts his eyes in new york. this guy na wa o. i'm really getting pissed with him. honestly. and his delusional brain keeps telling him he can satisfy everyone.

i think his biggest problem is his popularity. if he falls below 30% in the polls, like my man bush grin , he'll sit up, damn those making him think he is great, and do what he promised to do.

and stop blaming republicans in washington, you dont need them. and if republicans wont vote for the bill, then strip the bill of all republican ideas and make it completely a democrat bill. fast
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by redsun(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2009
America is built on lies and deceits.it is all about politricks,the rich wants to get richer at the expense of the poor forever.

Obama is a soulful reformer and his is up against a monumental,age long institutional and societal evil,the meaner it is,the better they like it.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
so after crafting that useless conservative bill they call reform in the finance committee, only olympia snow was the republican that voted for it?

these democrats are jokers. i guess their time is up
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2009
d democrats do not seem to be united at all, "Brand Obama" is not watching all cables channel because if he is, he and michelle would stop organising parties @ the white house, they are oragnised something to celebrate latino culture and invited JLO (jennifer lopez) her hubby and other celebrities.JLO was a hilary clinton supporter, he had time to mingle with the celebs but not enough to spend @ New Orleans. he was dia for 4hrs, he does not get it, it's all about hanging out with celebs, i would have loved him to spend a couple of days with the people of New Orleans, some1 needs to have a word with his advisors,
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2009
honestly i dont believe this guy. 4hrs in new orleans shocked why did he go at all? politics?showmanship?why?

is this guy begining to take drugs? what is wrong with him? anyway . . . .

let me see if they will sing that bacus bill as ''reform''
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
people are losing faith in barack obama, he's a celebrity politican, he's entertained over 500 celebrities since entering the white house, the time he spends playing golf should be spent trying to pass the health care bill, i think he's losing it, he needs to change his advisors ASAP, i doubt if he can turn things around, seems like he's going to be a one tem president, harry reid and nancy polosi made me sick, they can't even pass the health care bill with public option, i bet the republican's are laughind their heads off, there is no unity in the republican's either but they managed to win the virginia and new jersery seat, the president seems interested in playing golf these days, can't he say anything without the teleprompter, barack has let us all down, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
he is becoming stupid. this celebrity status has made him too foolish. he seems determined to let people love him than to get down to business and get things done. he tries to please people, he allows fox news to determine what he does, he is busy delusionally trying to change how washington operates(bipartisanship hope) than to get down to business and do what he promised.

the democrats in congress are even more stupid. with 60 votes in the senate they cant do 30% of what bush did with 51 votes. now that the party of no has trounced them in the 09' elections, i hope they realise that the last elections was not based on love for the republicans but on annoyance with the dems. these people spent 3 months trying to get olypia snow to vote for a bill she will end up not supporting. now i hear the energy committee of the senate has gone right ahead and passed their vote without a single GOP vote or debate. now that is democracy. dont debate with people who dont want to debate.

tell harry reid that if u want a girl to dance and she refuses, u dont stand there asking for the dance for three months, u get on with ur life or get another girl(or beer)

goats
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by JeSoul(f): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
You people should stop bashing my president jor . . . it is almost my turn to visit the white house for some beers wine and a photo shoot.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2009
hurry, the deluded man will welcome another photo-op with the average citizen.

healthcare is still there
no decision on afghanistan yet. now i know he has to take his time, but now its begining to look like he is dithering. i guess he's trying to find a way to please both ends of the divide . . . Mr president it's either u increase troop levels or u pull out.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by JeSoul(f): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
lol . . . watch the news, I will soon be getting my own personal shout out cheesy

If it were me I would pull out the troops. How useless it is to throw lives at a war that can not now nor ever be won. To make things worse, unemployment just hit 10.2% . . .
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
if he is bold, i guess it's time to start pulling out of afghanistan and let the taliban continue from where they stopped. then there'll be anough recourses to pump into pakistan where osamma and co are operating from.

he cant please everyone. take a lesson from bush, do what u gotta do. next yr the republicans will take over the congress if the dems dont pass healthcare. then i'll see how he can achieve anything. nonsense
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by naijaway(m): 4:36am On Nov 07, 2009
Obama is not a fool anything. Why shouldn't he atleast try to get bipartisan support for a huge bill that will change the nation. Is better he tries while republicans that never thought of such a foresight keep bringing up stupid bills as an alternative. He is not even up to a year and he's doing the best job in a long time. Is better to try like I said before so that their input of good intentions will be added to the bill. It would pass soon. No pulling out of afghanistan because that's the real downfall if he just pulls out but a good mission and strategy would work. it is called sorting out the real enemies. You cannot say just go there and catch/kill all the talibans/alquedas because there's no identification for that but if you say we are here to help you build a nation that has laws that can work. Before now, it was a lawless place with no responsible govt.
If it were china/russia/any arab country that was attacked, they would so pound afghanistan that it wouldn't be on the news because reporters would not be able to go in due to sporadic bombardment. Obama's decision would be on the right track i bet. Obama's accomplishment 4yrs from now would dwarf LBJ's in terms of great advancements. No president in the world except for lulu of brazil can match obama's intelligence and greatness. Even yet lulu is still a small playa in the game.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by paddylo1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2009
american govt was designed to be slow and gridlocked

the presidency is relatively weak also

thats why senators have so much power

frankly speaking the republican ideology is perfectly okay,if its moderate in approach

anyway its the american way,they like their guns,limited government and income inequality

i say let them have it
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2009
@tayo and jesoul

congratulations dear republicans, healthcare reform is finally dead. the senate has passed a bill that could well have been written by the insurance companies. this sure will make you both happy.

anyway, a new campaign is on to block that ''reform'' bill and i sure hope it doesnt pass. and more importantly the republican resurgence has begun, and dare I say, rightly so. since democrats dont know what to do with political capital. the democrats should expect a complete decimation next year midterm elections.

idiots democrats
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
the democrats make me sick. obama is a lot of hot air, too much talking, am bored of his long speeches, he's a celebrity politician always wanting to be photographed with celebrity, now am thinking things would have bn diiferent if hilary clinton was president, i feel like writing to him but what's the point if he won't get to read it,
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by JeSoul(f): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2009
pres-elect:

@tayo and jesoul

congratulations dear republicans, healthcare reform is finally dead. the senate has passed a bill that could well have been written by the insurance companies. this sure will make you both happy.

Lol, is that what you thought I wanted?

I have dearly loved family members without health insurance cos they cannot afford it, it affects me directly and brings me absolutely no joy knowing there is still no provision for them and they will likely still have to go without. Couple that with recent news that Massachusetts premiums are expected to jump at least 15% next year.

Why in the world would you think I would be happy? I don't care about republicans vs democrats and who wins, I care about the policies and how they affect those I care about.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
thameamead:

the democrats make me sick. obama is a lot of hot air, too much talking, am bored of his long speeches, he's a celebrity politician always wanting to be photographed with celebrity, now am thinking things would have bn diiferent if hilary clinton was president, i feel like writing to him but what's the point if he won't get to read it,
Well its for certain that Hillary would've definitely been tougher and possibly more effective when it comes foreign policy. But don't forget too quickly she had some very shady domestic ideas herself.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2010
here with go, the democrates lost last night, obama's honey moon is over, he's dead politically, i do not c him winning the second term but if he does, it will be another come back since lazarus. obama is a political joke, he mades sarah palin look like the pope, obama talks the talk but can't f****** walk the walk, like i wrote in my previous posts, he's a lot of hot air, the americans and independence voters have fallen out of love with him, he's made a mess of things in Haiti, he loves too much spin, he pledged millions to support the people of haiti but the military have refused charities with food and aid permission to land, all you see @ d airport is lot's of good looking american soldiers messing about while people are dying of hunger, what is point of pledging millions if military takes precedent over aid, he wants the whole world to know he's a caring president while peole are waiting for food, its over a week but no sign of aid, its a PR diaster am afraid
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
@thamesmead
this is the kind of thing i saw when i started this thread. now we see it clearly. kennedy's seat taken over by a republican. can u believe it? massachusettes. where was john kerry and obama during the campaign? what happened? now we beging to see why with 60 votes it still looked lik the republicans were in power. the democrats are spineless. all of them. except perhaps congressman grayson of florida.perhaps. now healthcare is dead. but that's not all, i just wonder how obama will govern now. bc these folks are going to fillibuster everything in the senate. everything.

somehow i admire these republicans though. they never give up, they fight with their last drop of blood and dont care the consequencies of their actions. when they are in power, the rule with an iron hand. when out of power, they halt the ruling party. and they prevail almost all the time.

but the democrats . . . . FOOLS.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
@pres-elect
Obama took his eye off the ball, he thinks making speeches will solve the probelm, he's a lame duck president and unfortunanetely a one term president, he's going to be like Jimmy Carter, the democrats candidate was a very very poor candiate, its no longer Yes We Can, its now No We Can't, d republican's want him to fail as well as the likes of Glen Beck and his other friends on Fox News, while Fox News were throwing Tea Parties, he was busy entertaining all those celebrities. It took him and the other democrates for ever to get to the second stage of d Health Reform Bill. Republican's have won 3 seats so far and am sure they will win more in the November mid-term elections, he can still turn things round if he stops making those long speeches, temporary abandon the Health Care Bill, stop entertaining celebrities, stop fighting with Fox News, stay in Washington, no more photo op's and get the enonomy back, dat's all he needs, We 've seen too much of Michelle as well as,
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by candylips(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
na wa o. barack obama
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
just last yr, some conservative elements made a damming expose on acorn. they posted some videos in the internet and hell let loose. without waiting for clarification, without asking questions, the US senate, with 60 democrats, voted overwhelmingly to end financial assistance to acorn. acorn was under assault from the right wing bandits. a few weeks ago, a report came out that acorn did not do anything wrong as an organisation.

this is one way to know a lie, there will be accusations but no real arrest. some individuals working for acorn did something bad and were taken care of by the law, and the right assaulted acorn as a whole and the senate agreed fast fast.

acorn is one of the chief organisers of grassroot voters who usually vote democrats. they were assaulted with democrats in senate voting for the ''assault''.  yet these republicans shamelessly voted against a bill brought to the senate floor by senator al franken. a bill to punish anyone who despoils a woman regardless of if the despoil was in iraq/afghanistan etc (on the background of a despoil case involving some worker in iraq or afghan and his lawyers proved that he cant be charged b/c he was working for some big shot company that helps the war effort.)

http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2009/10/06/12247/senate_passes_franken_amendment_aimed_at_defense_contractors

republicans shamelessly voted against it. thats how toughness is achieved. democrats are spineless.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 11:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
and just as i was talking about the conservative video guys, i just learnt that the guy was caught bugging a senator's office . . . this guy is a rogue. and he visited a lot of acorn offices last yr and was pushed away but he made it look like he just visited only the 4 that he posted on youtube. and the democrats in congress joined republicans to grind acorn.

and now Obama is talking of freezing spending. i must confess, i'm no economic expert, but i get the feeling that Obama is doing this to please the right . . grin . .

i just wish the democrats will loose EVERY seat they contest in 2010 angry
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by FBS: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2010
thameamead:

@pres-elect
Obama took his eye off the ball, he thinks making speeches will solve the probelm, he's a lame duck president and unfortunanetely a one term president, he's going to be like Jimmy Carter, the democrats candidate was a very very poor candiate, its no longer Yes We Can, its now No We Can't, d republican's want him to fail as well as the likes of Glen Beck and his other friends on Fox News, while Fox News were throwing Tea Parties, he was busy entertaining all those celebrities. It took him and the other democrates for ever to get to the second stage of d Health Reform Bill. Republican's have won 3 seats so far and am sure they will win more in the November mid-term elections, he can still turn things round if he stops making those long speeches, temporary abandon the Health Care Bill, stop entertaining celebrities, stop fighting with Fox News, stay in Washington, no more photo op's and get the enonomy back, dat's all he needs, We 've seen too much of Michelle as well as,
Can you describe the meaning of a lame duck president?
Just how do you expect him to solve all the problems in just one year left behind by a true lame duck president who happened to be republican?  undecided

The so called conservatives are America's GREATEST problem.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by Uche2nna(m): 12:33am On Jan 29, 2010
pres-elect:

and now Obama is talking of freezing spending. i must confess, i'm no economic expert, but i get the feeling that Obama is doing this to please the right . . grin . .

Yeah, but it is still not working, they dismissed that gesture as a drop in the ocean. And to be honest, they are right about that one. I wouldnt want to be in Obama's shoes right now for all the money in the world. The republicans believe they have got the democratic party right where they want them, the strategy of siddon dey look is working for them.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
@pres-elect
i was not shocked when the same guy that set up ACORN was bugging a democrats phone, i ve no evidence to back up my claims but i think FOX NEWS is behind it , Fox News will do anything in their to power to undermine President Obama, they were the 1st to dig out the speech Rev Jerrmine Right made, they were d first to make d claim that he was not american, Am dissapppointed in President Obama, i wish he was like George Bush, George Bush did not give a damn what anyone thought about him, he did not give a hoot what d democrats thought about him, President Obama just does not get it, the Republican's can not stand him, they want him to fail so he needs to ignore them, he needs to give them d cold shoulder, they will never walk with him, did u not c d look on their faces when he was making the state of the union speech, some democarats were evn shaking their heads when he was making his speech, that goes to show u what his own party thinks of him. he needs to be ruthless and cold, all his nicey nicey attitude will make him lose lots of d independens voters, democrats are beginning to regret voting for him, as for d democrats, they need to be united, that harry reid is a loose cannon, he says one thing and Obama says something different, i bet hilary and bill are laughing @ obama, obama is too weak to my own liking.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by thameamead(f): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2010
@FBS
FBS:

Can you describe the meaning of a lame duck president?
Just how do you expect him to solve all the problems in just one year left behind by a true lame duck president who happened to be republican? undecided

The so called conservatives are America's GREATEST problem.

We all know he can't walk on water but he failed to bring a single change, he seems to be more interested in photo op's and mingling with these daft celebrities, take Haiti, for example, aid could not get to Haiti because the US Army was blocking the landing of the planes, planes carrying aid could not land, the US Army were not too bothered about humanitarian aid, it was a bloody show off, make of what u will about the Isreal, their medical team set up a field hospital in 5 hrs but the US Army were more concerned about showing d whole world they were dia to do absolutely nothing, that is Obama for u, aid is still not reaching the people of Haiti, the Italian humanitarian aid as well as some media oulets have critised the way the American's have handled the Haiti quake, they have over 1,200 soldiers but still cannot control, distribute aid and stop the looting, what is the point having so many soldiers if aid is not getting thr, Obama needs to shup the f***, no more making long speeches, i want to c action.
Re: Why The Republicans Should Rule Forever by preselect(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
@thamesmead
i dunno if u can c action soon. obama is still dreaming of bipartisanship in washington, and the dems do not know they are the majority party, with the largest majority in many decades. they really annoy me. all of them

i hear he(obama) has gone on another ''campaign trip'' to florida . . . . grin . . this guy never change

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hillary Vs Trump - Who Are You Supporting For United States President? / Donald Trump Just Posted This Photo Of Him On Twitter / Earthquake Reported In The United States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.