Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:14 AM

Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! (7622 Views)

How To Create Twitter Bots - It's Very Easy / Where Are All My Trolls Gone Too? / Where Can I Learn To Develop Bots? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 29, 2016
Booyakasha:

secret.. grin
secret to others, but i am 100% sure of ur monika over there at gdevit. wink

auch!! my be rainz hurts...
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2016
crotonite:
secret to others, but i am 100% sure of ur monika over there at gdevit. wink

auch!! my be rainz hurts...
You're not even close to knowing me lol
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Booyakasha:
You're not even close to knowing me lol
lol... ur quite smart wink.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Imakeherdrip(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
I love the feel like hell yeah.
Takes forever to load.
To many things going on(distractions).Maybe some texts need some preferential coloring.
And I thing it is susceptible to injection(might be wrong).

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Imakeherdrip:
Takes forever to load.
To many things going on(distractions).Maybe some texts need some preferential coloring.

gdevit doesn't store user passwords...so you're safe.. Yeah page load speed and overall UX fix will be uploaded in a few days..
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Imakeherdrip:
Takes forever to load.

I was able to inject it with XSS earlier, I did not test for SQL injection though.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by godofbrowser(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
dhtml18:

I was able to inject it with XSS earlier, I did not test for SQL injection though.

If you succeeded in injecting with XSS, then users data isn't safe.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
godofbrowser:

If you succeeded in injecting with XSS, then users data isn't safe.
We don't keep any data in the first place..
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by KazukiIto(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
Booyakasha:
We don't keep any data in the first place..
NL is on Airtel Free Basics, can you add yours too, or arrange for it?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2016
KazukiIto:

NL is on Airtel Free Basics, can you add yours too, or arrange for it?
I was thinking about that too.. smiley
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by KazukiIto(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Booyakasha:
I was thinking about that too.. smiley
Please make it happen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by fretfingers: 1:30am On Aug 02, 2016
1. The size of the textarea available to reply a post isnt fixed... I was able to resize it such that the top-right and button-right edges of the textarea were lost (by lost, not that the text were missing). Hence when typing my reply/post, i couldnt see my far-righted (permit me to use the word) posts.

2. The follow button when clicked dint change to "following" (although i got a message indicating that i clicked on the follow button). It only changed when i refreshed the page. Same when i clicked "following" to unfollow.

3. When i read a quoted post, it says "expand" after reading the quote and OP's username before reading the new post. Also there is this post by lonewolf about chrome computer or so anyways=> the read function reads 12.9 inch as 129 inch same as other decimal point numbers. Now this may seem not important to you now but imagine a section thats entirely "figures" dependent say building/construction where post contains dimensions n so on in form of numbers which means the read function needs to be optimized, well except you plan to scrap it then you need not bother.

4. The font size used for the OPs name should be smaller than the topic in the recent topics tray. Its not eye friendly IMO. Lose the "bold" on the OPs name. You can use the same font for the time/date and the OPs name.Also make either the OPs name or the time and date to be in italics OR the font color for the OPs name should be different from the topics.

5. I got the following error when i hit the backspace button to take me a step back to previous page. It worked perfectly initially, but i spent some few mins on a page and when i decided to go a step back (pressing the backspace button) i got the following error = imageBelow;

will post more when i fully get the time to test...

Cool website

Oh one more before i hibernate for today,

The gdevit logo should be clickable and link back to home page. I shouldnt have to always click home before going home wink cool

Regards

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2016
fretfingers:
1. The size of the textarea available to reply a post isnt fixed... I was able to resize it such that the top-right and button-right edges of the textarea were lost (by lost, not that the text were missing). Hence when typing my reply/post, i couldnt see my far-righted (permit me to use the word) posts.

2. The follow button when clicked dint change to "following" (although i got a message indicating that i clicked on the follow button). It only changed when i refreshed the page. Same when i clicked "following" to unfollow.

3. When i read a quoted post, it says "expand" after reading the quote and OP's username before reading the new post. Also there is this post by lonewolf about chrome computer or so anyways=> the read function reads 12.9 inch as 129 inch same as other decimal point numbers. Now this may seem not important to you now but imagine a section thats entirely "figures" dependent say building/construction where post contains dimensions n so on in form of numbers which means the read function needs to be optimized, well except you plan to scrap it then you need not bother.

4. The font size used for the OPs name should be smaller than the topic in the recent topics tray. Its not eye friendly IMO. Lose the "bold" on the OPs name. You can use the same font for the time/date and the OPs name.Also make either the OPs name or the time and date to be in italics OR the font color for the OPs name should be different from the topics.

5. I got the following error when i hit the backspace button to take me a step back to previous page. It worked perfectly initially, but i spent some few mins on a page and when i decided to go a step back (pressing the backspace button) i got the following error = imageBelow;

will post more when i fully get the time to test...

Cool website

Oh one more before i hibernate for today,

The gdevit logo should be clickable and link back to home page. I shouldnt have to always click home before going home wink cool

Regards
I shall give this review a 5-star rating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
I hoovered around gedvit yesterday. it may be beautiful but I see no reason why someone should be creating that forum-like site in this era sha
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
badthinds:
I hoovered around gedvit yesterday. it may be beautiful but I see no reason why someone should be creating that forum-like site in this era sha
You're right. Gdevit isn't a forum, atleast not until we finish adding all the necessary functionalities. Plus your opinion doesn't carry any weight because I've seen many forums grow this year alone, like a Pokémon Go forum i came across sometime. wink
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2016
Booyakasha:

You're right. Gdevit isn't a forum, atleast not until we finish adding all the necessary functionalities. Plus your opinion doesn't carry any weight because I've seen many forums grow this year alone, like a Pokémon Go forum i came across sometime. wink
erhh what's the difference b/w Nairaland and the gdevit
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2016
badthinds:
Hey you, stop disturbing this thread and gerrout of here. If you don't like gdevit, then clear off make we have breathing space.
Who are you to start asking the purpose of the gdevit? anyone can build anything they like without taking permission from anyone. Yeah, even if gdevit is a forum, if you don't like it, leave it alone and waka pass.

@booyakasha, you even get time to be responding to such arrant and ingrediens questions. This dude is what we call a TROLL, just in case you are not aware. We have many of them on nairaland, no matter what you do, they will never say anything good about it, better to just lock-up. As a matter of fact, we don't need people like this on gdevit or even on the new upcoming Nairaland at that.

To everyone that have done a review (except badthinds - who has only criticized and not done any review), I thank you all, more grease to your elbows. Your reviews has been noted, and they will be used to create a better user-experience on gdevit, thank you.

Signed: dhtml18 da troll (any other troll is a counterfeit)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2016
badthinds:
What's the difference between water and fire?
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Booyakasha:

What's the difference between water and fire?
Just imagine the arrant question? comparing nairaland and gdevit, this dude must be from MARS or OUTER-SPACE.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 9:19am On Aug 09, 2016
dhtml18:

Hey you, stop disturbing this thread and gerrout of here. If you do...
The truth hurts... well thanks for your insults, iam a human not a Troll and I don't care... All I Care now is for you to increase the size of the textarea in posts.

http://www.gdevit.com/@badthinds grin

Though learn how to pick criticism like real men do ...
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Booyakasha(f): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2016
badthinds:

The truth hurts... well thanks for your insults, iam a human not a Troll and I don't care... All I Care now is for you to increase the size of the textarea in posts.

What was your criticism exactly? that forums are so old and making a forum in this era is a waste of time? yeah i agree with you but gdevit is not completely a forum, it just has a forum-based structure.. well stay tuned till our next design upgrade.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2016
badthinds:

Dude, you are in the wrong here, learn to accept your mistake. It is rude to give unsolicited advice, you cannot go to a man building a house and start advising him on how to build his house, you cannot go to seun osewa and start advising him on how to do nairaland UNLESS HE ASKS YOU.

This thread was created with a topic, share your gdevit experience, it was written in bold. So who the h.ell are you to come and start giving unsolicited advices? Your advices are in order mind you - but this thread is not the place for that. You can create your own thread for that, or send bookasha a private email, but this thread is not for explaining why gdevit was built.

If you continue with this your bad attitude, you shall get into a whole lot of trouble, especially with people like me who don't take shiiiit. You mister-man, have an attitude problem, whether you admit it or not - THE TRUTH HURTS.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by KazukiIto(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2016
badthinds:

Keep calm and shut the f**k up! Thank you.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ehyaaa...
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ehyaaa... smiley
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
KazukiIto:

Keep calm and shut the f**k up! Thank you.
Err, take it eazy now

badthinds:
Ehyaaa... smiley
badthinds:
Ehyaaa...
If you are not a TROLL, then you a BOT (and the thread also said BOTS are not meant to be on this thread)
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by badthinds: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
[size=24]To all those I've wronged. Forgive me [/size]
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by logicalhumour: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
badthinds:
I think I like this guy (badthinds ) grin
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
badthinds:
Err, issorait

logicalhumour:
I think I like this guy (badthinds ) grin
The dude has a very outstanding sense of humour, i love that too. I was looking for a full-scale war to spice up the board, board is just too damn dry.
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
That site that is competing with twitter in "UN-UNDERSTANDABILITY" ( or anyfin it means fah)... The site is so so complex that i fink its shit.... a site that that tries to copy nairaland but ends up been FLOP ...... embarassed embarassed
IF ANYBODY TROLLS ME FAH.......... i go ehnnnnnnnn
Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
bots are taking over this thread. . .

Re: Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! by stack1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
u na suppose get reality Tv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? / Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / Share Your Road map To Becoming A Web Developer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.