Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill (11723 Views)

PHOTOS: Saraki Signs 3 Bills / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: Saraki Signs Bill / One Year Anniversary: Saraki Signs 2 Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by chie8: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
Below is what Saraki shared on social media...…

Private Sector Can Now participate in Nigerian Railway Industry

This morning, I signed the Senate’s version of the Repeal and Re-enactment of the Nigerian Railway Corporation Act of 1955. This re-enactment, which is coming nearly 61 years after the act first came into existence, is significant because it provides a legislative framework that opens up Nigeria’s railway system to private sector participation.

The changes in the law are also aimed at promoting competition in the railway system - in order to make the service more affordable, effective and accessible to every single Nigerian. Furthermore, the framework which the Senate has passed places emphasis on the maintenance culture of our rail systems.

I would like to commend the Senate Committee on Land Transport, led by Senator Gbenga Ashafa for the thorough job that they did in putting together the final version of the Bill.

I am equally delighted that the Nigerian Society of Engineers are in support of this Bill, as a message I received from the Chairman of the Society earlier today expressed that the 8th Senate has achieved a feat that “seemed like an impossibility for more than 40 years.”

Moving forward, it is my hope that this Bill, which was a key focus at the breakout session on Land Infrastructure at the National Assembly Business Environment Roundtable (NASSBER) earlier this year, will be given expedited passage in the House of Representatives and signed into law by Mr. President for the benefit of Nigerians across the country.

Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/private-sector-can-now-participate-in.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by chie8: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
This will make it more competitive.Nice idea!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by sarrki(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
Goodnews

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by hisgrace090: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
Goodnews indeed, Nigeria must survive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by vayne(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
That is the blood of Pdp working in saraki.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by muyibaba222(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
Good update from the senate president. Pls we want to knw the NASS Budget.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Yourskills(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
FG please approve the creation of FRSC(Federal Railway Safety Commission) to start duties from over_loaded lagos trains grin.

If you want to learn Train Management, Driving, maintenance and Traffic agent......pls contact me...check my signature.
Train Development is a major priority in this current administration, even with the ongoing partnerships...is a multimillion investments.dont be left out.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Luxxycool(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
This is long overdue, I hope in the nearest future, someone working in Lagos would be able to comfortably leave his house in Oshogbo and get to work in good time like its been done in some places in the world thereby reducing the pressure and stress of living in Lagos and other cities in the country.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by herzern(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2016
[center][/center]
Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by creflo22: 7:49am On Jul 23, 2016
Sarah dey sign bills into law now or the president?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by HoLEEsinner: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by dahmie2013: 7:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Nice, jobs will now be created 4rm this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Qmerit(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2016
Nice, the same way state governments should be allowed to generate electricity and use it.
I think that should be looked into too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Bern1992(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2016
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Pavore9: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Luxxycool:
This is long overdue, I hope in the nearest future, someone working in Lagos would be able to comfortably leave his house in Oshogbo and get to work in good time like its been done in some places in the world thereby reducing the pressure and stress of living in Lagos and other cities in the country.

That would certainly lessen the pressure on Lagos if people can get to live in the surrounding states and take a fast moving train ride to work daily.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by ezebunafo(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2016
Impressed,hope to get investors who are interested in that sector

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by hustler86(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2016
They shld jst privatise the whole country, and let us be managed by sensible people rather than all these gays undecided

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by tolexy007(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Good one From our Amiable senate president...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Prince081: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2016
Nice one Mallam Saraki. This will surely open up the railway sector for massivr development. The same process happened in the telecoms sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by sonety2k(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2016
cool
Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by power900: 8:05am On Jul 23, 2016
immagine an IBO man runing d railway business cool I no call person name oo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Harwoyeez(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2016
Good development

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by kayo80(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2016
Good move.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by kaypound(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Thank God they have started the job they were elected to do I'm Impressed....
The first real reasonable bill they have signed since they got in over a year.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by seguno2: 8:19am On Jul 23, 2016
Qmerit:
Nice, the same way state governments should be allowed to generate electricity and use it.
I think that should be looked into too.

I thought that they are allowed already, not so?
Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by Qmerit(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2016
seguno2:

I thought that they are allowed already, not so?
NO.
Find out bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by lailo: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2016
The people are busy reviving railway now,nobody sees it.By the time d soup is done for commisioning,some people will say it's Jonathan that did it,Amechi just commission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by lailo: 8:30am On Jul 23, 2016
APC gov is busy on repositioning Nigeria while PDP is busy blowing pipelines.Wailers will hail them and still come back to insult d workaholics.Party that destroyed dis country to dis state is still being prefered to party dat is doing everything possible to bring about d desired change.I HAIL NAIJA OOO

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by ViktorMartins(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2016
This is great! Nigeria will live, surely!
Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by redroom: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2016
lailo:
APC gov is busy on repositioning Nigeria while PDP is busy blowing pipelines.Wailers will hail them and still come back to insult d workaholics.Party that destroyed dis country to dis state is still being prefered to party dat is doing everything possible to bring about d desired change.I HAIL NAIJA OOO

I thought u hate Saraki, hypocrite, so far Saraki is more effective than ur docile president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by saintdennis(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2016
Senator gbenga ashafa( APC, LAGOS). Led committee putting together an amendment to liberate the railway and break the monopoly like OBJ did with TELECOMMS now we enjoying the benefits!

If this was GEJ we would be talking about PRIVATISATION and UNBUNDLING of NRC. Lols

Yes maybe it will favour tinubu and his cohorts more and make them more money... but when I board a BRT bus and listen to music as A/C cools my head I don't bother myself with whose pocket my N120 is going to, I bother myself with when BRT will be extended to ajah so I can enjoy the A/C all the way from mile12 to ajah.
I LOVE LAGOS grin

P.S: for those in b/city is the comrade bus still operating?

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill by saintdennis(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2016
power900:
immagine a IBO man runing d railway business cool I no call person name oo grin

As far as the igbo man remains a Nigerian NOTHING WRONG IF IGBOS RUN EVERY FACET OF NAIJA LIFE,
Same way I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH a northern nigerian RULING US FOREVER

The same gaddafi Libyans hate is the one they now miss #IRONY

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Obaseki, Others Pay Last Tributes To Late Chief Tony Anenih / Reps Deputy Speaker Makes 11 Appointments [full List] / See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.