Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC (36574 Views)

Wike Revokes C Of O Belonging To Hotel Used For APC Meetings In Rivers / Buhari Still Working, Having Meetings In London – Kachikwu / Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC(Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by drsteroid(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
SaharaReporters has learned details of the First Lady of Nigeria Aisha Buhari’s upcoming trip to the United States this August. News of Mrs. Buhari’s trip to the US follows accusations by embattled Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose that she was involved in the famous Halliburton scandal and, as a consequence, cannot go to the US for fear of being arrested.

Independent investigations by SaharaReporters and the New York Times have found that the First Lady Aisha Buhari is not the same "Aisha Buhari" involved with the Halliburton scandal, despite Mr. Fayose’s persistent remarks.

According to an official invitation letter obtained by SaharaReporters, Mrs. Buhari is expected to be in the US from August 1st to the 10th and will be attending bilateral meetings at the George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. She will also be hosted by the United States Institute of Peace in collaboration with Voice of America media organization.

The invitation also says that Mrs. Buhari “will attend the 25th Anniversary celebration of Zumunta Association USA Inc.”

The letter was signed by Hajo Sani, the Senior Special Assistant (Administration), on behalf of Mrs. Buhari.

It will be recalled that SaharaReporters previously published a report, based off of leaked documents from the US State Department, that Mr. Fayose had his US visa revoked since 2006 following evidence of his sponsoring violence in Ekiti State and for corrupt practices. This visa revocation means that Mr. Fayose is unable to travel to the US legally.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/22/aisha-buhari-travel-us-plans-attending-meetings-dc

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Sahara reporters must see it grin

*****In Nigeria's Politicians view******

The fear of Sahara reporters is the beginning of Wisdom grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Please wake me up when she send Mrs Saraki to represent her! Aishaliburton grin

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by masseratti: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lobatan, faoyose de de me da we ooo, a word is enough for the wise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by johndwayy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
Waiting patiently for Fayose's reply...

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by drsteroid(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
Can't wait for this day to come..This wil put to rest all the controversies surrounding the real Aisha Buhari being fingered in the haliburton's scandal.
For Fayose;
If he is right: the whole world will respect him for saying the truth
If wrong: Posterity will never forgive him tarnishing the good name of Ekiti (Fountain of knowledge) which he has ridiculed before the whole world..
Fingers crossed

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by dullardeen(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Madam go first nah!

...And you had better not use a diplomatic passport!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Rednaxelot: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
dullardeen:
Madam go first nah!
don't worry, na just few days time.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by chriskosherbal(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
OK I see

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by psucc(m): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
This is more of a theatre than a country.

You mean Aisha will travel to US spending millions of dollars from taxpayers' money only to prove her innocence?

No! Where is our civil societies and activists? Posterity will never forgive you if you don't rise to these occasions

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by idupaul: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
drsteroid:
Can't wait for this day to come..This wil put to rest all the controversies surrounding the real Aisha Buhari being fingered in the haliburton's scandal.
For Fayose;
If he is right: the whole world will respect him for saying the truth
If wrong: Posterity will never forgive him tarnishing the good name of Ekiti (Fountain of knowledge) which he has ridiculed before the whole world..
Fingers crossed

It puts to rest nothing ..every sane person and people that aware know she collected the Halliburton Bribe on behalf of her husband ...it was clearly a council of state decision that the bribe be shared amongst ex heads of states..every sane person also knows no American govt will arrest the spouse of a sitting head of state over a Bribe esp when that head of state is a friendly

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by eph12(m): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Finally we will soon know who is who and what is what and the matter will be finally put to rest.

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by eph12(m): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
idupaul:

It puts to rest nothing ..every sane person and people that aware know she collected the Halliburton Bribe on behalf of her husband ...it was clearly a council of state decision that the bribe be shared amongst ex heads of states..every sane person also knows no American govt will arrest the spouse of a sitting head of state over a Bribe esp when that head of state is a friendly
So what do you want?

186 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by engrflames: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
My country people make una no expect any drama from her rip to US, na diplomatic passport she dey carry waka go there, although she has a case to answer over there, she's under immunity.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by hasyak(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Travel dem don dey give excuse.... no travel wahala sad

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by omenka(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Sahara reporters must see it grin

*****In Nigeria's Politicians view******

The fear of Sahara reporters is the beginning of Wisdom grin
That is ehn!!! At some point, these guys become a "threat to national security" aswear!

Another Wikileaks in the making. cool

Thank God for Sowore.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by idupaul: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
eph12:

So what do you want?

I know what I want already in this silly case ..I know she was the one

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by dustmalik: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
idupaul:

You'll wail for eternity.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by adeyak83(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hajia buy me something come, i no be begger, Na ask i dey ask o, oya now now now!!!...

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by dechriscool(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
Some time I feel like vomiting seeing the gullibility of Nigerians and their ovation for Sahara reporter reportage.Sahara reporter knowing fully well on how Nigerians can be gullible package some of their news in such a near true scenario to sale to their gullible fans.They always have documents to proof their investigative jonalism whereas those documents can be forge and presented to the public as evidence.Why is it that this evidence documents are never used.When they are needed to proof a case in any settings.

Aisha Buhari will be in USA just to proof her innocence of involvement in Halliburton scanda as first Lady of Nigeria.I was thinking that office doesn't exist anymore.Just for the USA trip,the office has being re-opened. DEFINITELY she will visit USA with a diplomatic passport,Invariably,that will amount to nothing.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
That letter is just too fake.

See where the coat of arm is. Which way Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by eph12(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
idupaul:

I know what I want already in this silly case ..I know she was the one
Bros you know nothing.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Qmerit(m): 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
psucc:
This is more of a theatre than a country.

You mean Aisha will travel to US spending millions of dollars from taxpayers' money only to prove her innocence?

No! Where is our civil societies and activists? Posterity will never forgive you if you don't rise to these occasions

I thought there is a program for which she was invited in the first and second paragraph?
Moreover, you guys said she should visit usa since, now u re coming up with another Simon. Leave Taxpayers out of this biko

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Atmmachine(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
We all know she can't travel to the U.S
When was June 30th ?? She was scheduled to travel to Colorado, guess what ?? She never came.

This time, let chill and see

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by thundergucci(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Buhari's family and travel

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by richidinho(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
With diplomatic passport no case

That letter is as fake as her face

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Integrityfarms(m): 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
No be today we begin hear say she will go to the US. I thought she should have gone two weeks ago why she no go?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Dbeze: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Now that they Hv tried to settle the case underground. Nigerians are wiser than those clowns can imagine

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC by Mackson01: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Fayose is a disgrace to the entire Ekiti.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chijioke Chukwu Beats His Wife, Chinyere Chukwu In Abia (photos) / Mc Oluomo Confirmed As Substantive Lagos State Chairman Of Nurtw / How Sanusi, Family Members Were Harassed — Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.