Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. (800 Views)

FRSC Releases Statement On Otedola Explosion, Reveal New Route Motorist Must Tak / Fallen NNPC Truck Crushes Abia Motorist To Death(photo) / 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by jnrbayano(m): 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
BE YOUR BROTHER'S KEEPER.

Hello people.

The fire extinguisher you carry about in your car, what do you think it is used for?

Decoration? Completeness to avoid being booked by the men of Federal Road Safety Corps? To put out a fire that may threaten to consume your own car?

What do you think it's use is?

This might shock you.

That fire extinguisher you carry about in your car is for OTHER PEOPLE'S CARS/PROPERTIES. Yes, that's what it is.

Why is this so?

The safest thing to do in a situation where your car is about to burn is to move far away from it and quick, and NEVER TO GO GRAB YOUR FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN ORDER TO ATTEMPT TO PUT OUT THAT FIRE. Yes you read it.

In other words, it is useless to you in your unsafe situation/condition.

However, it is not useless to the next person.

Park your car, hurry to that car which is in flames, unleash the substance there.

That's the use of YOUR fire extinguisher.

You carry it about for other people.

Be your brother's keeper at all times and in all conditions.

On this thread

www.nairaland.com/3241401/bus-burns-otedola-bridge-lagos#47770507

I saw people in agony being ravaged by fire. Not more than 5metres from the scene of accident, I saw some cars (supposedly fire extinguisher laden) pass by without braking, some might even be on their way to church/mosque. I weep.

In this country, an accident scene now becomes a picnic. Did I not see a crowd of people lined up to have a look in?

Camera phones even came out too to have their own share of the excitement.

I weep for man/woman and what man/woman has become.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2016

A NIGERIAN WOULD RATHER DONATE 500 EXTINGUISHERS TO A CHURCH INSTEAD OF USING JUST 1 TO STOP THE FIRE ON A BURNING VEHICLE OR BUILDING.

JUST DELETE THIS POST AND GO TO SLEEP CUZ EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY IS INTERESTED IN THEMSELVES AND GREED, CRAP RELIGIONS AND JUNGLE JUSTICE INSTEAD OF BEING THEIR BROTHERS KEEPER!

1 Like

Re: Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by jnrbayano(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

A NIGERIAN WOULD RATHER DONATE 500 EXTINGUISHERS TO A CHURCH INSTEAD OF USING JUST 1 TO STOP THE FIRE ON A BURNING VEHICLE OR BUILDING.

JUST DELETE THIS POST AND GO TO SLEEP CUZ EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY IS INTERESTED IN THEMSELVES AND GREED, CRAP RELIGIONS AND JUNGLE JUSTICE INSTEAD OF BEING THEIR BROTHERS KEEPER!

My brother, that thread harbours a very pathetic scene which I believe is avoidable if people collectively pull in one direction.

Why has man/woman evolve such wickedness?
Re: Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by jnrbayano(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by Jennydoris(f): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nice one.
Another thing is, most drivers don't know how to use it especially public transport drivers.
There will be need to include pictorials on how to use it. (just an idea)...

The rate at which fire incidence occurs these days is alarming... May God Help us!

1 Like

Re: Fire Extinguisher! A Must Know For Every Motorist and Road User. by jnrbayano(m): 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
Jennydoris:
Nice one.
Another thing is, most drivers don't know how to use it especially public transport drivers.
There will be need to include pictorials on how to use it. (just an idea)...

The rate at which fire incidence occurs these days is alarming... May God Help us!

Pictorials will help the ignorant but the main point is having the attitude to help people in distress

(1) (Reply)

A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling / M / Saudi Arabia To Open Luxury Beach Resort Where Women Can Wear Bikinis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.