Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" (25303 Views)

Categories Of People That Won't Pass Jamb This Year / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success” / 5 Categories Of People That Say “education Does Not Guarantee Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by EduRegard: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
A new chorus has taken over the nation. The song of "Education does not guarantee success". I can precisely say that you must have come across it either from your close associates or those in your far edge.

There are a good number of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success". This article will unveil them.

1. The Illiterate.

The illiterate, as they are known, are ignorant of the power of education. The predominance of them see years spent in school as a waste of time.

2. People With Financial Crisis.

Another category of people who often say "Education does not guarantee success" are those who can't afford to send their children to higher institution or the victims of these parents. They say this to console themselves.

3. People who give up when seeking admission.

The indolent people have never run out of excuses. They always have something to say to defend their inabilities. After they could have applied for admission for a number of times and couldn't make it. They end up saying "Education does not guarantee success".

4. People with poor grades.

Students with low grades are often scare of their chances of graduating well. They mostly have the phobia that their certificates will be inoperable. A good clause they used to soothe themselves is "Education does not guarantee success".

5. Those who succeed without education.

Let me first congratulate this category of people for their achievements. This set of people at times discourage people from going to higher institution because of their success without the effect of education. They won't use those who make it with education as examples but only themselves. Like the first category of people I mentioned above, they also see education as a waste of time. They constantly say " Education does not guarantee success".

According to me, It is true that education does not guarantee success but it is one of the prerequisite of success.

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com.ng/5-categories-people-say-education-not-guarantee-success/

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by EduRegard: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
Gbotun:

What's your definition of Education?
Education is the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
I am coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by eph12(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
EduRegard:
Drop your views below...
So what do you think? Does it guarantee success?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by segebobo: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
You forgot graduates who are yet to secure a job

38 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Affable0709(m): 1:21am On Jul 23, 2016
EduRegard, you're so on point. You went straight to the point.. 1 2&3 are just right. 4&5? just perfect.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by virud: 2:04am On Jul 23, 2016
For starters, there are broadly two forms of education; formal (conventional primary, secondary and university institutions of learning ) and informal (petty trading, apprenticeship etc ) education. For the records, success is not tied to any particular form of education.

Success as far as am concerned is a relative term, the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, and it is not tied to one particular event. Education and success are very different phenomenon. Any attempt to mix both is usually catastrophic.

On the other hand, Education is the the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction. By this simple definition, every person you've met seems to have attained a level / degree of education.

Education and success, what is the correlation, if any?
Now if education to you means seeing the four walls of a conventional university, secondary or primary institution, then, I make bold to say that your brand of education is not important to achieving success. Simply because education and literacy are not correlated.

Be that as it may, Education is very important to both your personal and professional life, in a number of significant ways! Depending on the level of success you’re seeking to achieve, the level of education may be relative, but the bottom line is, an education of some sort is often paramount to future success. And everyone is by some deliberate means educated. There's no such thing as illiteracy.

Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.

182 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Tobitrueman(m): 6:10am On Jul 23, 2016
virud:
There's no such thing as illiteracy.

Everyone has got some sort of education, and am not being philosophical, I mean it literally. If you doubt, sight an example of anyone / group of persons you think are 'illiterates' and I would gladly point out their education.

Seconded.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by herzern(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Does education really quarantee success??

People will pick one out of 100 successful persons who isn't educated and will hold on to the fact that education does not guarantee success

Okonjo Iweala
Wole Soyinka
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Femi Falana
Yemi Osibanjo

Everyone is educated(formally or informally)......no one was tauqht how to speak in school....but formal education really helps to improve your reasoning and do things exceptionally.......

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by kolnel: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2016
Albeit to say that education in Nigeria is outdated
Nevertheless education doesn't have to be in the four walls of a classroom
It could be vocational or on the job training

8 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by CHANNELStv2020: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2016
wellam none of the above but bill gates is an example.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by lastmessenger: 6:41am On Jul 23, 2016
If a man or woman is really educated he or she will succeed.
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by micklplus(m): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Virud, you are right but, some education are more conventional than the others.

Education is supposed to horn and polish you and if that can not be achieved whether through formal or informal education, the purpose of education would have been defeated.

The process of being educated Is a success on its own

3 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Genea(f): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Oh yeah yeah, I'm here again
I agree with u but even those with good grades in sch also say education doesn't guarantee success cos they don't understand the value of their course...

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by englishmart(m): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2016
getting educated already is a huge success

4 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by justineu(m): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2016
Imo..Education does not guaranty success but very important when you are successfull in life. Education helps build ones life incase of any circumstance that comes ur way in life and don't guaranty success.
After spending some years in school without a nice job to showoff while someone who spent just five years and was settled with 1milion may even exile in life than those that are educated self.
Most igbo boyz who learn bizness frm their Oga perform very well than those who read biz administration in schl.
But watch very closely there's a big difference btw an educated bizness man and an illitrate bizness man, i mean interms of communication,dressing,making decisions, etc but that one no fit bring food jor smiley

8 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by eph12(m): 6:44am On Jul 23, 2016
Eduregard I am still waiting for your reply
eph12:

So what do you think? Does it guarantee success?
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by ironheart(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2016
Be here on nairaland making noise about Education, how many educated persons are as buoyant as Militant, political thugs n even dropout in Nigerian politics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by IMASTEX: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2016
The truth is education in Nigeria is over rated. What is done here in the class/school is purely certification. Very far for what is called education. Special reference to those successful people in Nigeria, the assumed educated are far behind on the ladder.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2016
.[b]
Today, Education is the basic need of life. To achieve something one need to be educated. It is the key to success as it opens doors to various kind of streams and offers a great opportunity. Success and education go hand in hand. If one need to be successful he/she must be educated. Education does not generally mean bookish knowledge only but also practical knowledge. It also requires creativity and imagination....

If we talk about the today's era then I will say that yes education becomes a very or a most important part of our life and it is very necessary to became a successful person.
Because today education is required everywhere whether you are going to do job in Government Sector or private as well.
And it is also important for that person who don't want to do any job, because education teaches him that how to communicate with people effectively and how to get success in whatever he/she do in life.
And education is not only important to get success in life, but it develops all good qualities in people.
For example:- If you will see two persons one is educated and another one uneducated then you will quickly get to know from the difference between their body language, personality, way of talking, style etc. That which one from them is educated or uneducated.
And if we will see the crime rates then we will find that most of the crimes are done by uneducated people because they are not able to earn money because they don't get good jobs due to the reason:- "They are uneducated".
And an educated person knows his responsibilities for his country that is why he/she always thinks about the progress of his/her country.
We found lots of competition everywhere, and if you want to do a good job then remember that most reputed companies gives preference to educated people. So according to me Education is very much needed to get success in life.

.[/b].

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by nmreports: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2016
To put succinctly, formal education (The type practiced within the 4 walls of a classroom) do not guarantee any form of success.
It is an age-old idea, babaric and an effort to cage people's potentials.
Historically, the richest people that have ever been are uneducated. Inventors of the past were thinkers and by the way success is relative.

Getting a gold medal could be success to one and marriage with beautiful children is success to another.

In my experience, what guarantees success is passion, idea, ability and perseverance.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by ionsman: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2016
Education does not guarantee success... I am a 2. 1 graduate, an M.sc holder and I'm not jobless.

Oya, update your list. undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Pavore9: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2016
Education gives you eyes. It is not about certificates but content.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by lonelydora: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2016
Dangote didn't attend any school. Bill Gate is a drop out. Brandson didn't go to school either.

Now to my story. I have a friend from my village. When we were attending primary/secondary school, he was grinding stuffs in the market for people. He later left village to Kaduna. While in University, he was still hustling. Fast forward to 2010, he now owns a company which deals in equipment leasing, Swamp boggie, bulldozers, Graders, name it. He is a big contractor to Mobil and some companies in Bayelsa as we speak. When I say he's a 'Big Boy' I mean it. He owns shopping malls and houses around Port Harcourt and Bayelsa. I should have named his company but for security reasons, I won't.

I am still doing 9-5 job with abeg after spending both money and time in school grin

Now tell me, if he will say Education guarantees success.

Also, MD of Shell, Mobil, Total, Agip, NLNG, GE, P&G etc. all went to school with different certificates and they are 'Big Boys' too.

Whichever you find yourself in, please do it with a clean hand and ask God to bless your hustle too. My holy book advised that "whatever you hand findeth to do, do it well".

Don't castigate another man's job.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Pheals(f): 6:48am On Jul 23, 2016
undecided the educated unemploy said so
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by outknow: 6:49am On Jul 23, 2016
Op, you brought this thing here because you don't actually know where you belong.
Being an unsuccessful confused person right now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Panshow(m): 6:50am On Jul 23, 2016
Education does not guarantee success, neither do illiteracy.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Folzye(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Does it guarantee success?? Education in nigeria is over-hyped and after you graduate you are carrying CV about and looking for jobs through one uncle or aunty that u know... You call that been successful? Take a deep look at it and try to define 'success'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by femi4: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2016
ionsman:
Education does not guarantee success... I am a 2. 1 graduate, an M.sc holder and I'm not jobless.
Oya, update your list. undecided
Success is relative. You might not have 10 million naira in your account, the bolded above can be measured as success

1 Like

Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by ednut1(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2016
what we have in Nigeria is not Education
Re: 5 Categories Of People That Say "Education Does Not Guarantee Success" by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2016
I am still very angry with myself that i furthered after my NCE.... University is just a waste of time after college. Im saying this because its Nigeria.

Had it been i knew then..... i would have just go and learn a trade or learn Mechanical Engineering straight. At least i know what i mean....

DrabeeyWasHere

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nigerian Law School / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy / University Of Port Harcourt, Staff, Frank Ogali, Dies In An Auto Crash (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.