Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate (738 Views)

The White House’s LGBT Rights Page Has Disappeared / Michelle Obama Takes Her Last Walk Through The White House (video) / Michelle Obama: What We Will Miss Most About The White House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by Babzrockman: 4:59am On Jul 23, 2016
Hillary Clinton on Friday tapped Tim Kaine, a popular Spanish-speaking senator from the swing state of Virginia, to be her running mate in the White House showdown against Donald Trump.

“I’m thrilled to announce my running mate, @timkaine, a man who’s devoted his life to fighting for others. -H,” the presumptive Democratic nominee tweeted.

The 58-year-old senator swiftly tweeted his response, saying: “Just got off the phone with Hillary. I’m honored to be her running mate. Can’t wait to hit the trail tomorrow in Miami!”

Kaine, an experienced foreign policy hand who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations and Armed Services committees, could help Clinton bring in two key voting blocs: Hispanics and the battleground state of Virginia.

Politically a middle-of-the-road Democrat, he is also seen as helping the former secretary of state win over votes from reluctant independent male voters.

Widely seen as a safe choice for Clinton in a brutal election race, Kaine emerged as a frontrunner in the veepstakes because he ticks so many boxes.

Clinton put out a series of tweets heaping praise on the senator, known for his affable manner as well as his expertise on matters of defense and foreign policy.

“@timkaine is a relentless optimist who believes no problem is unsolvable if you put in the work to solve it,” Clinton wrote. “@timkaine’s guiding principle: the belief that you can make a difference through public service.”

One of the tweets included a five-point graphic highlighting the senator’s youthful spell on a Jesuit mission in Honduras as well as his track record in fighting homelessness, discrimination and gun violence, in expanding early childhood education and in fostering a positive business environment in Virginia.

The pick comes just days before the start of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, where Clinton — and now Kaine — next week are to be elevated as the nominees to the party’s presidential ticket.

http://punchng.com/clinton-picks-tim-kaine-as-running-mate/
Re: Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 23, 2016
Why do i strongly believe that Hillary will win this election?

A female prime Minister and now a female US president...
Hmmmn, if it goes wrong...... Can a woman truly handle it? Anyway, she's even better than Trump who talks anyhow and can break bridges for making fences.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere

3 Likes

Re: Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by nmreports: 5:34am On Jul 23, 2016
The way it's going in this convention and pre-election period, there is no certainty anymore as to who would win.

Hillary seems to be the saner choice though.
However, Donald seems to be what the world needs. Someone to shake up all the status quo so that countries can wake up.
When he closes borders, stops immigration, put 40% tax on imports and shuts out NATO maybe some of us will give ourselves brain.

He is a different kind of man. Not a puppet, not a politician. He shifts away from ideals and damn the consequences.
Most of the time, these are the set of people who get things done.

In conclusion, I would vote Hilary than Donald simply because she is experienced and saner.

2 Likes

Re: Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:53am On Jul 23, 2016
I can't vouch for Clinton..
But Trump is not just an alternative...
Re: Race To The White House: Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by plainol(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2016
Trump speaks as if nothing is working in America. Could he have handled Americas woes when Bush left.
If he was the president then, by now, America would still be in recession cause no Country would want to discuss with an arrogant marketer I.e Trump the president.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Trump Lashes Out At China On Twitter, Beijing Mute On Offensive Tweets / We Both Own A Country: Iraq Bans US Citizens From Their Country / ISIS Finally Claim Responsibility For Vegas Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.