Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) (21177 Views)

Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos) / "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) / List Of 35 Nigerian Athletes For The Olympics 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by planetx: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2016
sorepco:
I think its fraudsters using their pic. That johny akiyemi guy cant do such. He is a british citizen competiong for naija. He has the werewithall to go to brazil. Bbc even featurd him once.
So 2 me its fraudsters who created those accounts with their pics
This are not fraudsters o they are the real Olympic athletes fundraising cause the government have told them to fund themselves to Rio cause the government is broke. It's all over the news and I know it's hard to believe because something like this had never happened before since Nigeria have been going to the Olympics.

3 Likes

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by omogin(f): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2016
APC change!
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
RIZLER:
I don't understand was I drunk wen I voted for APC Sometimes I wake up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I was hypnotized undecided
olssss bruv I swear tis same question many are also asking it oooo.chie we were scammed...2019 go come sha
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Naruto87(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
#anambracoppers ...guys go check out this tweet and spread the info.government in anambra state says coppers allowee have been paid for 7_months now but nothing dey for any copper account.. see political magic oo
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by aloziedaya(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Federal government will not sponsor them because no fulani athlete is involved.

Shameful leaders.
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Chidimba: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
And yet some people still say change is every where. The only change I see is reducing Nigeria and Nigerians to penury.
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Austeeenxx: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
LoL. Giant of Africa never disappoint in bringing out new comedy for the world to laugh at.

2 Likes

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kakamorufu:
Too bad. Whats the function of the govt. Isn't it to release cash for them athletes and make them motivated
no, it is to do whatever we wish. we wish to be given cups of rice.
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
mazimee:
Someone that is suppose to represent her country like every other person that will be representing his/her in the Olympics have to beg her fans for funds.
Now whose name is being dragged to the mud, hers or Nigeria's?
Shame to you Nigeria!!!!
Bigger Shame to your leaders!!!
Everything is wrong with Nigeria as country. The funny part is that some people still pretend like every is alright.
what have you or are you or will you do to change it?
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Domislaz:

My sister I tire O! But Buhari will have enough to travel for his next gallivanting trip.
would you rather he spent money providing prosperity and security or no Olympic jamboree
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
nigerianvenom:
First time I'm saying this with pains in my heart, I regret bin a Nigerian citizen. I truly wish I wasn't cry
Mali de dia
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
no, it is to do whatever we wish. we wish to be given cups of rice.
oh, stomach infra right
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Skmoda360(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Teeboy22:
Nawa o
Mehn....Nigeria is Fûcked up

Can you imagine

FTC!!!
where is that buharari?
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by O0XYGEN: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
Why are u foolish nigerians so dumb and stupid?
So u cant make your stupid comment without mentioning Ghana's name.
Why are u idiots so obsessed with Ghana.
And who told your useless filthy good for nothing country is rich?
A country where people eat human meat to survive.
A country where about 70% of its populace lives in slums and abject poverty.
nigeria is a very poor filthy useless country so get that into your bokohead
Biafrarep:
This country has been thrown to the dogs, infact, right now, we are worse than a banana republic!! How the hell did we get here? First was the Belgian coach rejecting us like we are some sort of disease, now our athletes are begging for money to finance themselves so they could represent us at the olympics!!! Even small & poor countries like Ghana, Senegal, Cameroun etc are sending their contingent in chartered flights! This !diots in high places are citing lack of money as excuse but they keep recieving their salaries & allowances once due. They keep sending their kids to the best schools all over the globe. They keep embezzling our money and buying properties across the globe. Who will still argue that Nigeria is not a zoo Why do I have to carry the green passport and answer a Nigerian with all these shame and embarrasment?? If I have access to a nuclear warhead, I'll simply nuke Aso Rock & the three arms zone!! **spits on Buhari**
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by tdayof(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
Can someone tag Ben Murray Bruce on this issue? He seems to be responsible and active.
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kakamorufu:
oh, stomach infra right
Atoh
nobody cares what you say
it's what you do that counts
and we have not done well
voting for nonentities because of scraps or.... yeah tribal/party/religious sentiment counts as scraps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by October1960: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Govt does NOT pay for Olympic or other athletes in most developed countries.

They are sponsored by private coorporations like banks companies like Nike Adidas etc.

Please people do your research before blaming the govt. If former govt sponsored Olympic athletes it's just another means to steal money.

We have Google and free online resources people commenting here should learn facts first before making silly comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Biafrarep:
This country has been thrown to the dogs, infact, right now, we are worse than a banana republic!! How the hell did we get here? First was the Belgian coach rejecting us like we are some sort of disease, now our athletes are begging for money to finance themselves so they could represent us at the olympics!!! Even small & poor countries like Ghana, Senegal, Cameroun etc are sending their contingent in chartered flights! This !diots in high places are citing lack of money as excuse but they keep recieving their salaries & allowances once due. They keep sending their kids to the best schools all over the globe. They keep embezzling our money and buying properties across the globe. Who will still argue that Nigeria is not a zoo Why do I have to carry the green passport and answer a Nigerian with all these shame and embarrasment?? If I have access to a nuclear warhead, I'll simply nuke Aso Rock & the three arms zone!! **spits on Buhari**
you did. on May 29
you always have
but you didn't do nothing for 66 years
you won't do nathing now
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by deb(m): 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oche211:
This is absolute shame. Is the govt saying that there's no money?
May thunder strike any govt official that will open his or her mouth to say that.
For christ sake, we nd every other countries had 4 years to prepare 4 this. Look at where we are less than one month to go nd we expect medals. If these guys shld even give us a single medal, then they are heroes. Infact, going to the olympics like this make them heroes already, win or lose.

Dividend of GEJ's recklessness. Some people will still live in that denial.

Only a stupid Govt in a time of recession will use her scarce resources to fund athletes
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
excellent development. democratise sports.if you're a useless athlete no money for you. if you proud yourself plenty sponsorship. to hell with sports ministry
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by rhames(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
In all these, what do the sports association from the Athletics Federation of Nigeria, Nigeria Football Federation and especially, The Nigerian Olympic Committee do with their subventions from the Mother Associations? They are good at owing coaches and the administrators are only good at lining their pockets with free money. uselsess people. I am appealing to all Nigerians to assist the these guys. We are proud that they are wearing the green white gree. God Bless These athletes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Heavance(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
Just 14 months into this admin, if we start to talk the thing wey our eyes don see, my brother e no go end.......
And people dey support wetin no good, can the lawmakers tell us they haven't changed their cars, furniture and so on? But they can sing to us how PDP did this and that, and there is no money.
Haaaa, our athletes begging for money, this is a shame to this admin. Later they will claim they have recovered trillions, and we still dey like this
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Teespice(f): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
what a shame.
lack of preparations, now this.
at this rate, I doubt Nigeria will win any medal talk more of bronze.
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Emmanes: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
kidman96:
Very good. The various sporting organisations. Should source for funds and sponsorships instead of depending on the Federal Government. They are going there to make names and money for themselves.
Everybody dey roast for this country now.

Infact they should stay at home so they don't come back with zika virus.
if he knew he will nt sponsor dem, y take picture with dem to pretend all is well infact d propaganda continues till 2019
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Enrichlee(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Once upon a time there was a Nigerian athlete who was getting $2000 monthly from her government, and she was expected to use that money to transport herself to meets and pay her coaches.

Now said Nigerian athlete was based in a European country where her mates were getting $24000 monthly from their government and had free coach plus two physios to book.

Of course, Nigerian athlete changed citizenship.

And we also had a male athlete who changed citizenship one year....and the next turned up at the National Stadium at Surulere with a cool 4WD.(Which he could not afford when he was a Nigerian. And he eventually won a Olympic silver medal).

I am not defending Buhari. But these two tales happened long before PMB or even GEJ took over. Poor funding of track and field athletics did not start yesterday. Add the fact that most of our sport associations are run poorly (and often by the same old corrupt bureaucrats).

You expect PMB to find money for these athletes? When GEJ could not find money for them with high oil price?

The problem is that in Nigeria....athletics needs money. Lots of it. And I doubt AFN would be giving any athlete 20000USD a month in a country where people are lucky to see 400 USD monthly.

Anyway.....private sponsorship is the way froward. Govt does not have the cash.
Good and analysis and well spoken. Now two questions for u... Was there a time where athletes had to go begging for alms online to participate in olympics before? Where's the change you voted for if things are been done as usual?

5 Likes

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by IamSassy(f): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nigeria is finished. This is the real definition of recession. Smh for this country.

1 Like

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by HRich(m): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
No be person wey chop belle full go give una?

1 Like

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by eyeview: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
RIZLER:
I don't understand was I drunk wen I voted for APC Sometimes I wake up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I was hypnotized undecided
Was any broom waved around you? If yes,then that's when you got contaminated.

2 Likes

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
eyeview:

Was any broom waved around you? If yes,then that's when you got contaminated.
This post got me like grin

1 Like

Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by rolams(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
Too bad for Nigerian athletes! THIS IS THE EFFECT OF CHANGE!
Re: RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) by rolams(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
excellent development. democratise sports.if you're a useless athlete no money for you. if you proud yourself plenty sponsorship. to hell with sports ministry

How do you know the good athletes when they don't participate in a standard competition? those athletes have tried a lot to qualify. They are representing Nigeria and not their families and themselves. It's too bad for the country. Think of the salary of the law makers and the money our president spent on different tours, and the outcome of those tours, you will realize it's a waste of resources. Do the right thing at the good right time. If the govt fails to consider them at this point, what is the essence of grassroot sport. The effect of sport on health is vital. Buhari should reason!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otedola To Give $250,000 To Super Eagles If They Win AFCON - Godwin Emefiele / Enzo Fernandez Undergoing Medical Ahead Of Record Move To Chelsea / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 2 Goals For Barcelona Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.