Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) (2138 Views)

Okorocha's Son Bag Master's Degree From Imperial College / President Buhari With Students Of Samuel Ogbemudia College, Benin City (photos) / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola To Deliver Keynote Address At London’s Imperial College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Stingman: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2016
Wins Best Project Award In Bioengineering

A 20-year old Vivian Fowler Memorial College alumnus (class of 2011), Vanessa Ikebudu, has graduated in bioengineering from the Imperial College London in the top percentile, while her individual project work and presentation also won the Best Project Award of the 2016 class.

Vanessa’s project was based on an innovative, high-performance and low-cost variation of a breath condenser, which could be used to liquefy breath to form condensates that can be tested for various biomarkers associated with different diseases. The exhaled breath condenser is a new non-invasive technology, which instead of using more invasive human samples such as blood or human tissue would analyse breath for different biomarkers such as hydrogen, nitrogen oxide and even DNA, which mark for diseases such as asthma and lung cancer.

This portable device is suitable for home use and at the current stage of development weighs the same as a tea mug. By simply breathing into the apparatus, individuals would be able to determine if they are developing diseases before showing alarming symptoms such as breathlessness or coughing up blood. Therefore, diagnosis would be more in the hands of ordinary people enabling diseases to be detected sooner than later and ensuring that medical intervention would be of maximum impact.

“I’m personally moved by and highly impressed with her success because, not only has Vanessa demonstrated a rare singular focus and a commendable command of her personal and professional goals, at an oftentimes bewildering and difficult age, she has also devoted herself to serve humanity,” Ms Irene Fowler, Director, Vivian Fowler Memorial College, said.
She noted that, “this is an era when members of her generation, otherwise known as ‘Generation Z’ or ‘Gen Z’ are deemed to be screen addicts, possessing the attention span of eight seconds and seeking immediate validation and acceptance through social media. They are also beset with questionable role models, who to a great extent comprise of the constant media stream of ‘celebrity types,’ having as their main motivations in life, shameless self-promotion and aggrandizement.”

While describing Vanessa’s achievements as worthy of high praise and emulation, Fowler said, “ I strongly believe that this is the beginning of great things for Vanessa and I would passionately encourage the Nigerian youth to take a page from her book and face the future with confidence and in the belief that you are important and relevant regardless of your circumstances. Hence, those who lack the resources or support to access premier citadels of learning, should not despair or consider the situation to be an insurmountable hurdle in the pursuance of legitimate and noble career objectives, rather this challenge should supply the necessary impetus to embark on a path of brilliance, using the materials and resources which cost little and are readily available,” she said.

Imperial College is the leading academic facility in the UK for high impact research and attracts undergraduates from over 125 countries. The university’s focus is in science and technology and it is considered to be among the most innovative tertiary Institutions in Europe and their august membership includes 14 Nobel Laureates.

The discovery of penicillin, which began the era of antibiotics, is attributed to Sir Alexander Fleming, who made his discovery from some dirty dishes. The laboratory where he made his discovery is preserved as the Sir Alexander Fleming laboratory museum, St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington and forms a part of the Imperial College Health Care Trust.

Unequivocally one of the most important medical discoveries known to man, penicillin, was initially called ‘mould juice,’ likely due to the absence of grandiosity and fanfare surrounding its discovery.

http://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/ikebudu-homegirl-sets-record-at-imperial-college/

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by HungerBAD: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2016
Proud of you girl.

Where are the name checkers when you need them?I think Ikebudu is from the East.

Today,I am a Proud Easterner. Thank you for making Nigeria proud.

10 Likes

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by ELTON123(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2016
THAT Name de vex me gringrin Vanessa Ikebudu,
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2016
Those who lack the resources or support to access premier citadels of learning

The beginning and end of the problem
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Proud of you our dear sister....

God bless Southeastern Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2016
I think she is from Delta state.

Congratulations girl.
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2016
I personally knows her family roots. She bears her Mum's grandfather name but her father is a core Yoruba man from Ekiti State. Therefore she is a Yoruba girl.

We the Yoruba race are proud of you flying high. Keep up the good luck undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by ELTON123(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2016
Lwkmd

FowlYansh:
I personally knows her family roots. She bears her Mum's grandfather name but her father is a core Yoruba man from Ekiti State. Therefore she is a Yoruba girl.

We the Yoruba race are proud of you flying high. Keep up the good luck undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Agunechemba1(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2016
NCAN

I'm not dissapointed at all.

She's from the land of milk and honey.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Agunechemba1(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2016
FowlYansh:

That's what the Afonjas are good at.

Claiming relationship.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2016
HungerBAD:
Proud of you girl.

Where are the name checkers when you need them?I think Ikebudu is from the East.

Today,I am a Proud Easterner. Thank you for making Nigeria proud.

Probably from Nawfia in Njikoka, Anambra. I guess from the family of Ezu 1 of nawfia.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2016
JackBaueress1:
I think she is from Delta state.

Congratulations girl.

I don't think so. Check nawfia, njikoka, Anambra state.
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by mercyville: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2016
Agunechemba1:

That's what the Afonjas are good at.

Claiming relationship.
The Yorubas claim any educational success gotten by any Ojukwu because they..yorubas...are the best in that field home and abroad.Taking almost all the university and poly laurels.... We would not allow any other claim the successes of our juniors(Igbos) because we love them...lol smiley

Congrats,my sister.Keep the flag flying...
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by EzeNri(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Over Sabi dey worry us. No be by claiming sophistication, na by scores.

Beating the Afojans since 3000BC.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by zanebaddo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
I'm in love with this type of thread.. grin afonjaz and Dan fodios how market grin

I no go lie o afonjaz de try atimes but these Dan fodios ehh I tire for them o na so so fura de nunu dem Sabi. .. Slaying for Mohammed since time immemorial

3 Likes

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Living4christ(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
[/quote]Claiming relationship. [/quote]
You really kill am with this one
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by buharisbae(f): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
smiley happy she isn't selling drugs there!
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by jahsharon: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
buharisbae:
smiley happy she isn't selling drugs there!

Do you mean fake, expired or hard drugs? I think she is not a true daughter of the soil, if not she would have been selling fake, expired or hard drugs.
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by buharisbae(f): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
jahsharon:

Do you mean fake, expired or hard drugs? I think she is not a true daughter of the soil, if not she would have been selling fake, expired or hard drugs.

I meant paracetamol and vitamin c oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Arijude(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
buharisbae:

mynd44

I meant paracetamol and tramadol angry grin
mynd44 ? Hahahahahaha do you think you have not broken the rule by making such comment ?
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by buharisbae(f): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Arijude:
mynd44 ? Hahahahahaha do you think you have not broken the rule by making such comment ?

and what rule is that?
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Arijude(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
buharisbae:

and what rule is that?
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by SlayerSupreme: 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
As usual,it is an Igbo. Did anyone even bother to check out her invention? Technology and Igbos are like garri and groundnut

2 Likes

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
As usual,it is an Igbo. Did anyone even bother to check out her invention? Technology and Igbos are .....

3 Likes

Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by maestroferddi: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
FowlYansh:

Are you for real because I am suspecting I kin of know this lady's parent from Anambra State?
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by yang(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Clearly a Biafran female

completely different from the zoo baboons
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by buharisbae(f): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Arijude:

who did I insult? rada its the opposite
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by otukpo(f): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ikebudu is Imo state.
Re: Ikebudu… Nigerian Girl Sets Record At Imperial College(pic) by SlayerSupreme: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=Normality post=47820711][/quote] LOL!

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of DSP Alkali,The Police Officer Killed In Rivers Rerun Election / Debunking The Lies Surrounding Nzeogwu Coup. / Addressing The Jewish - Igbo Connection (my Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.