Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* (37525 Views)

Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Oyimzy(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
Just yesterday, A lecturer of ours instructed us to submit our Lecture notes or joters to the course rep. and promised to mark and award scores.

Ofcourse we didn't like the idea not because we don't have complete notes but we're been treated like secondary school kids.

Okay my question, has a lecturer ever asked you to submit your Notes and Is it right?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
lol
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by domopps(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
He is just trying to assist you guys atleast boost your marks in his course meanwhile this is better than some tear a sheet of paper lecturers.....or female students knows the rest!

Cheeeeers

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is STA 211

195 pages. gringrin

When I heard I was like.......

He don MAD

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Oyimzy(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
SirWere:
This is STA 211
195 pages. gringrin
When I heard I was like.......
He don MAD
Same feeling bro.. that's SOC 203 Statistics there... and we still have C.A & Exams to write sef
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Josephnice: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oyimzy:

Same feeling bro.. that's SOC 203 Statistics there... and we still have C.A & Exams to write sef

is that delsu, sociology department?

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Oyimzy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Josephnice:

is that delsu, sociology department?
BSU Makurdi

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by 400billionman: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Do you know more than ur lecturer ?

5 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Josephnice: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oyimzy:
BSU Makurdi
ok. It means the syllables in nigerian universities are same

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Josephnice: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oyimzy:
BSU Makurdi
ok. It means the syllables of nigerian universities are same

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by alexiej(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ah ah.. Whish kain tin be dat? Instead of taking u guys on practical session, or giving u audiovisual analysis like its done in other parts of the world, a uni lecturer is asking for ur notes.

This country never ceases to surprise me. I mean, its nt high school we're talking about, UNIVERSITY?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Richy4(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
hmmmm!!!!! I was thinking it was a higher institution

<<<<He should ask u guys to carry out some research,

<<<< Write Term papers if he really wants to read,

<<<<< Do Presentations in front of the class using powerpoint or Charts.... each student will do the presentation for 5mins...That helps to build confidence in students and good grade could come out of it...

Not marking your notes...They have marked enough notes in primary school....this is a UNIVERSITY we are talking about here....
That was why no Nigerian institution made it up to 1000 in world ranking

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by RobinHez(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is sheer madness! Nigerian lecturers be acting like demigods angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by leunamme93(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Josephnice:

ok. It means the syllables of nigerian universities are same
And for a second I thought you guys are in the same school. Our educational system needs a total overhaul and reform.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Raymondfayowole(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
nt new...2 lecturers in my dept always ask for note nd will even stamp ur note
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Richy4(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Raymondfayowole:
nt new...2 lecturers in my dept always ask for note nd will even stamp ur note

I am kind of confused here...does it mean that no one comes to the lecture hall in your dept with laptop, tablet etc except jotter?

what about someone making that note on his laptop?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by WomanWrappa(m): 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oyimzy:

BSU Makurdi
You're even close to me.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by walad4yhu(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Richy4:

I am kind of confused here...does it mean that no one comes to the lecture hall in your dept with laptop, tablet etc except jotter?

who is this nah?

14 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by calebify1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
primary and secondary school memories.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Oyimzy(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Richy4:

This lecturers here won't let that happen

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by gadocent(m): 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
grin Yeeee....na wa o...maybe He no get work to do

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by hardbody: 1:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Richy4:

you submit your laptop or tablet, that simple

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by cozy7(m): 4:25am On Jul 24, 2016
It's only students who barely attend classes, or those who attend but never write that will hv a problem with this.

However, d lecturer will DEFINITELY not be able to go through those notes for many reasons....

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by Aremu01(m): 5:42am On Jul 24, 2016
I don't see any big deal in this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by deebest8(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2016
I guess he wants to know how good his method are. smiley

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by daxon001(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2016
Na lie grin
Its either practical notes or assignment requiring new notes.
Ko possible nana cheesy
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by vincent561(m): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2016
Lol...What will folks like me who use 10 in 1 Notebook for all courses now do?

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by wezzyjasified(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2016
Oyimzy:
Just yesterday, A lecturer of ours instructed us to submit our Lecture notes or joters to the course rep. and promised to mark and award scores.

Ofcourse we didn't like the idea not because we don't have complete notes but we're been treated like secondary school kids.

Okay my question, has a lecturer ever asked you to submit your Notes and Is it right?
there's nothing special about it..my lecturer did it while I was in school..a prof sef..not a junior lecturer, a senior, well known prof..he only wanted u guys to be serious..

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by akinyeleaa: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2016
Na name of the school I first check. Thank God say no be private uni, here for don full of peeps reminding us of how we went to "glorified secondary school ". Boya emi ni mo koba life yin ni

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by wezzyjasified(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2016
cozy7:
It's only students who barely attend classes, or those who attend but never write that will hv a problem with this.

However, d lecturer will DEFINITELY not be able to go through those notes for many reasons....
my lecturer that did dsame to us while in school will go tru everybody's note...a senior n well known prof

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* by wezzyjasified(m): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2016
Richy4:

not possible except in computer science... you can't use laptop or tab in must classes in my school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion / ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards / Rival Cults Hold Talks In UNIBEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.