Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) (43771 Views)

Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by JohnieWalker(m): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Boring:

which maintenance again u didnt see the pics the op uploaded..

seems to me you are a kid, who just wanna ague without facts..learn to reason with ur brain and not with dos big nose of urs..
*i didnt skool in 9ja neither is that the state i'm from*

luv urs ..
Aww would have replied you but am sorry am way up I feel blessed Mr boring have a lovely day ahead...shallom
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Boring: 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
JohnieWalker:

Aww would have replied you but am sorry am way up I feel blessed Mr borin.g have a lovely day ahead...shallom

shallom johniewalker...and God bless us all..
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by opeyehmmy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hmmmmn!
MANY ARE MAD, FEW ARE ROAMING!
PEOPLE WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES.
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by porka: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

You read my mind to the t - we must be kindred spirits. I have been saying this for years. If we don't evolve we WILL become extinct. The highlighted broke my heart - so we are now producing educated first-class idiots. So so sad.

My brotherrrrrr!

The kind of things we focus our minds on, ehn? 

The 'structures' under reference here were largely built by Sir Ahmadu Bello in the 60s, and you can see that we have not been able to use it for the intended purpose other than admiration. 

It calls for serious concern. 

How we are able to redirect our thoughts away from irrelevant things to the things that matter most has become a great challenge. 

The most pathetic is our people who study in some of the best universities in the world, with excellent grade to boot. But what do we have to show for it? Pictures!  They just went there to mark 'present sir'. 

People who made first-class in Ivy League universities are even more awestruck of inventions/innovations of third-class graduate of their own class than people back in Africa. 

Can you imagine that? 

If it was someone who studied in Africa, they would have said, 'oh, African education is substandard after all', but we are talking about people who graduated in the same class with whites, who beat the whites and Asians in mathematics, physics etc. theoretically. ‎The same class o. 

The white or Asian would go home and apply the limited knowledge he was able to absorb on life-changing innovations but our people at the top of the class will come home and show us pictures of 'structures'. They will tell us how good things are provided for them over there, bla bla bla...  

Just to even copy and adapt the thing to our environment, na lie! ‎

To get a simple solution to anything or issue, we would have to pay to hire the white/Asian third-class guy to help us out. After having paid hugely for our first-class guy's training ni o. ‎And you know what? It is the same guy who will suggest his third-class friend.

To be fair, some have attempted to do something at least. The results have been mixed, a little success here, a little disappointment there. But the fraction of those is just infinitesimal to make any impact. The majority is much like this our ABU guy here. 

You here something like 'Oh boy, if you see their train ehn'? 

Whereas the plan for the upgrade (new generation) of that train is on the laptop of that his/her classmate o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by atirolu(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
This is like kindergartens school structure in dubai

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by aleem50(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I can authoritatively say that ABU is the finest school in Nigeria. Unilag and UNN na nonsense, UI and OAU try small.
Waitooo, have you guys been to bayero?
those are oau pics bro, some ado bayero University guys came for takwando competition few days ago, they were just blushing about oau.

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by porka: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
dadabashua1:
sorry Bro, couldn't read all of your post.. but pls are saying having good structures is not part of the thing a good institutions need? you are unbelievable.. smh

You are beginning to sound like you didn't attend ABU Zaria as you claimed.

Are you just seeking admission there?

You said you didn't read something but you are making inference on that same thing, huh?

Have you passed your JAMB? How did you pass it? Or are you an IJMB student?

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by aleem50(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
aleem50:
those are oau pics bro, some ado bayero University guys came for takwando competition few days ago, they were just blushing about oau.
more!!!

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by aleem50(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
aleem50:
more!!!
great ife!!!

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by masterblogger(m): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
JohnieWalker:

lies they have been producing thieves as president. Largest library ke what happened to UNN library. My lecturers nor VC never schooled there

OK. Ode! Onukwu!
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
Menzy86:
Emm Irony? Check how many governors, vice presidents and president plus ministers have been ABU alumni since 1999, mention your school and come back to me with ANY university in Nigeria with a bigger head count!
Why you talking about alumni wen he said abusite? You my friend are straying off, an abusite ain't ahead of nobody.
Talking about my school UNIMAID, I'm not here for comparison nor competition. And despite being established in 1975, we to have notable alumni... let me help you* Tukur Yusuf Buratai COAS, Kashim Shettima governor of Borno state, Bala Mohammed one time senator and FCT minister, Orji Uzor Kalu- chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspaper, governor of Abia from 1999-2007, Abubakar Malami- Minister for Justice and Attorney-General since November 15, 2015. Michael Aondoakaa - one time minister for justice. Abubakar Sani Bello - governor of Niger state. Abubakar Sadiq A. Mohammed - former minister of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation. Is a school all about producing politicians before it can be ahead? Talk about all the professors we've produced, most of em are vice-chancellors now, all the graduates, seasoned medical and dental practioners. As my anatomy lecturer will say... "What are you talking about?!"
ABU is just dwelling on past glories, quote me anywhere.
I leave you with this... IF YOU WANT TO BE MADE, COME TO UNIMAID
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by dadabashua1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
porka:

You said you didn't read something but you are making inference on that same thing, huh?

sat for jamb 20 times
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by dadabashua1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Why you talking about alumni wen he said abusite? You my friend are straying off, an abusite ain't ahead of nobody.
Talking about my school UNIMAID, I'm not here for comparison nor competition. And despite being established in 1975, we to have notable alumni... let me help you* Tukur Yusuf Buratai COAS, Kashim Shettima governor of Borno state, Bala Mohammed one time senator and FCT minister, Orji Uzor Kalu- chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspaper, governor of Abia from 1999-2007, Abubakar Malami- Minister for Justice and Attorney-General since November 15, 2015. Michael Aondoakaa - one time minister for justice. Abubakar Sani Bello - governor of Niger state. Abubakar Sadiq A. Mohammed - former minister of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation. Is a school all about producing politicians before it can be ahead? Talk about all the professors we've produced, most of em are vice-chancellors now, all the graduates, seasoned medical and dental practioners. As my anatomy lecturer will say... "What are you talking about?!"
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Menzy86(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

You read my mind to the t - we must be kindred spirits. I have been saying this for years. If we don't evolve we WILL become extinct. The highlighted broke my heart - so we are now producing educated first-class idiots. So so sad.
so because som1 says "yeee see this gadget o" it means he is an idiot? Or it means his first class grade is questionable? Do u know d difference between WESTERNIZATION and EDUCATION? Is speaking "good english" really a prerequisite for determining A NIGERIAN'S quotent level? Have u travelled and interacted with intellectuals from other places like China, India and other parts of Europe and Arabia. Nigerians and always MISCONSTRUING the real essence of education. What a pity

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by dadabashua1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
porka:

seems you are using glasses to read abi?
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by JohnieWalker(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
masterblogger:

OK. Ode! Onukwu!
I won't insult you back I don't insult people online y don't you insult me face to face
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by ClassCaptain(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Wow!
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by adelumolo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
If ABU is considered to be beautiful, how do u now describe OAU?
Tunde

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by mikron(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
dadabashua1:
my dear sister yes you are not totally off the mark about that, but I can assure you that, those are just tiny departmental mosques you talking about, but when talk of major mosque Abu Zaria have only one, and two gigantic churches,trust me when I say do not be decived cutie... #smiling
yah u e right, one big mosque, the catholic church near suleiman and the other church for Pentecostals near amina hostel.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by dadabashua1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
pls want to make one thing clear,this whole thing is for us to catch fun,not to take things personal to the extend of trading insults, my sincere apologies for those that felt insulted one way or the oda, like I have stated earlier the whole thing is for fun, not fight, so unfortunate some took it too personal to an extend of insulting their brothers.. anyway pls let's try to respect our brothers and sisters... because that was one of the things I learnt from Abu zaria #winks..one love
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Menzy86(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
Seriously bro I like your post despite being a rival. But do you seriously think Unimaid is a better university than ABU past glory or no past glory. I really can't list prominent Alumni from ABU but I leave u with this summary: d vice president and 26 govs in Nigeria under OBJ were ABU grads. Add Namadi Sambo under GEJ and Yar'adua b4 Gej and d picture will be clear. I have friends that graduated from Maid n 2 b honest they are impressive people.
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Ziondebade(m): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
i concurr
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Emilokoiyawon: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
Menzy86:
so because som1 says "yeee see this gadget o" it means he is an idiot? Or it means his first class grade is questionable? Do u know d difference between WESTERNIZATION and EDUCATION? Is speaking "good english" really a prerequisite for determining A NIGERIAN'S quotent level? Have u travelled and interacted with intellectuals from other places like China, India and other parts of Europe and Arabia. Nigerians and always MISCONSTRUING the real essence of education. What a pity

cool This is NOT a critic of English grammar - read the post again so you can inform yourself. cool
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Menzy86:
Seriously bro I like your post despite being a rival. But do you seriously think Unimaid is a better university than ABU past glory or no past glory. I really can't list prominent Alumni from ABU but I leave u with this summary: d vice president and 26 govs in Nigeria under OBJ were ABU grads. Add Namadi Sambo under GEJ and Yar'adua b4 Gej and d picture will be clear. I have friends that graduated from Maid n 2 b honest they are impressive people.
I don't know which is better than the other, like I said I'm not here for comparison. Just that an ABU student is not naturally ahead of me, or anybody. smiley
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by freeman67: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
I don't know which is better than the other, like I said I'm not here for comparison. Just that an ABU student is not naturally ahead of me, or anybody. smiley

Every University in Nigeria have their own slogan an for ABU it is 'naturaly ahead'

Like you said for UNIMAID it is ' if you want to be MADE come to UNIMAID'

It will not be correct if an ABUSITE start telling you u UNIMAID has made nobody...past glory or not..There ought to be glory in the past before living in...

If the institution you attended has not given u anything to be proud of ... do not be offended its nobody's fault but your and that of your institution...

Proud Abusite..!!
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
freeman67:

Every University in Nigeria have their own slogan an for ABU it is 'naturaly ahead'

Like you said for UNIMAID it is ' if you want to be MADE come to UNIMAID'

It will not be correct if an ABUSITE start telling you u UNIMAID has made nobody...past glory or not..There ought to be glory in the past before living in...

If the institution you attended has not given u anything to be proud of ... do not be offended its nobody's fault but your and that of your institution...

Proud Abusite..!!
Still makes no difference, an Abusite is not naturally ahead of me.
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by masterblogger(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
JohnieWalker:

I won't insult you back I don't insult people online y don't you insult me face to face

I never insulted you and if I have am sorry . but if you really want to fight me am ready, just tell me where we will me and I will clear your doubt . #irefusetobeintimidated
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by realsammie(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
petitejolie:

I am an alumnus of d the school and I agree with you on this one.

If you agree with her then you are not an alumnus. Smh for you. How will you call A.B.U an islamic school. Jesus christ, some people are pathetic.
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by realsammie(m): 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
JohnieWalker:

lies they have been producing thieves as president. Largest library ke what happened to UNN library. My lecturers nor VC never schooled there

Yes, A.b.u has the largest library in nigeria. You can google it.
Re: ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) by Olamix05: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
Abu Zaria aspirants drop your number for Whatzapp chat or send from Nairaland to this number 08146846838 for group chat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simon P. Mallam, 5 Others Die In Kaduna Gas Explosion / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) / We Are Using 1992 Calendar In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.