Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:09 AM

Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC (59664 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by deantimes(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
A nine-year-old boy who was chained in Ogun State for weeks before his rescue on Friday, was given the horrifying punishment for allegedly stealing, police and the Nigeria Civil Defence Corps have said.

The NSCDC had said in a statement on Saturday said its personnel rescued Taiwo Korede from the Celestial Church of Christ (Key of Joy Parish, Ajiwo) at Ajibawo in Ado Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun State.

The statement said Korede was rescued while in chains, and that the case had been transferred to the appropriate authority for further investigation.

Three photographs, including one showing an emaciated Korede in chains, were attached to the one-paragraph statement by the NSCDC.

Police later said that Korede was chained by the neck to a heavy log of wood in a room for “more than a month”.

The spokesperson for the Ogun State Police Command, Muyiwa Adejobi, said the boy was chained by his own father, a pastor in the church, who is currently on the run.

But Mr. Adejobi said the rescue operation was carried out by “police detectives” following a tip off from a neighbour in the community.

“The police operatives of the Command attached to Onipanu Division, Otta, on Friday, 23rd July, rescued one Korede Taiwo, M, 9, from where he had been chained on his neck to a heavy log of wood in a room by his biological father Pastor Taiwo Francis, m, of THE KEY OF JOY CELESTIAL CHURCH, Ajibawo area, via Atan Otta, in Ado Odo Otta Local Government Area of Ogun State for more than a month,” he said.

He said the child’s step-mother, Kehinde Taiwo, who has been arrested by the police, accused the boy of stealing.

The claim that police rescued the boy could not be verified. The NSCDC was first to provide details and photos of the boy in captivity and after his rescue.

In what seemed an attempt to counter the police’s claim, the NSCDC released more details and photos of the rescue later on Saturday.

A statement by the NSCDC’s Ogun State PRO, Kareem Olanrewaju, said Korede was chained for repeatedly stealing soup prepared by his step mother.

“She reported to the Father who took step by chaining his hand and legs. This situation was on like that until a Good Samaritan informed NSCDC officials on surveillance patrol of critical infrastructure in the area, they immediately swung into action and ensure the boy was immediately rescued,” the corps said.

He said church members, led by the step-mother, Kehinde, had attempted to stop NSCDC officials from rescuing the boy.

“According to the information from officer in charge of Ado-Odo NSCDC Division who led the rescue operation, the boy had been chained for two weeks at the very Celestial Church of Christ (Key of Joy Parish) the boy was tired and pail, he was not able to talk when he was initially rescued. On getting to the church there was serious resistance by members led by the pastor’s wife Kehinde, but Civil defence Corps men insisted, and they were able to force their way into the church premises. The boy was actually under lock and key. They quickly took him to the office for necessary entries and documentation and proceeded to the General Hospital, Ota.

“The boy was bath and one Dr. Akintunde asked NSCDC officials who took him there to give him lucosade boost, they then called on whether to cut the chains so as to enable them administer treatment. Before NSCDC left the hospital, he has been responding to treatment as he has started talking. However, the Hospital Medical Director one Dr. Osinbajo who came later assures the Corps that the boy will get necessary medical attention needed.

“Meanwhile, the Corps has since liaised with the police at Atan, who promised to continue with the investigation and do all necessary things needed.”

http://.com/photos-why-ogun-church-chained-9-year-old-boy-for-weeks-police-nscdc/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Pidggin(f): 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lord have mercy sad

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Omoabejide(f): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
So the good for nothing father and the oloriburuku ma sanfaani step mother chained a boy of 9yrz old because he stole pot of soup. Ndi ajo mmadu. Govt should put that boy for adoption cos he both father and mother are BEAST!!!

242 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
xtianity is a Demonic religion!

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Abduljohn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some women are heartlessly wicked, how on earth will you look at a child in this state and feel comfortable? God have mercy. Yet the father (a claimed MOG) who is suppose to be merciful even to strangers saw his own son in this state and didn't act.

Truely not all men are father, their is need to investigate what killed the boy's mother

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by kossyablaze(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some people eh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by kossyablaze(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
crusadistic:
xtianity is a Demonic religion!
cool....only if itz not a Muslim dat is saying this

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some people get mind o!
kai!
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some people get mind o!
kai!

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by gebest: 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tears on my eyes

5 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by gebest: 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Abduljohn:
Some women are heartlessly wicked, how on earth will you look at a child in this state and feel comfortable? God have mercy. Yet the father (a claimed MOG) who is suppose to be merciful even to strangers saw his own son in this state and didn't act.

Truely not all men are father, their is need to investigate what killed the boy's mother
by now u should kn who killed d mother nd married a witch so dat dey run d fake church together nd millions would be decieve thereby.

20 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 24, 2016
gebest:
Tears on my eyes
in not on... too early for this naa...

4 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 24, 2016
Which kind of church chain a child like this for stealing undecided
Yet after this incident people will still flock to the church
Nigeria I hail o undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by olive2000: 12:35am On Jul 24, 2016
God have mercy on us and keep watching over your children cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by saintkel(m): 12:36am On Jul 24, 2016
God pls give me a nice kind hearted woman. Wen a woman wants to be wicked? Guy its more terrible than hell

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by kenbee(f): 12:37am On Jul 24, 2016
Life is really unfair! For those of us that enjoyed or are still enjoying our parents love and care, have we seen how blessed we are?
GOD keep blessing my parents for me! Amen.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by doncheks: 12:39am On Jul 24, 2016
When I contemplate man's wickedness to man,I cannot but agree that the heart of man is viciously wicked.I am now more convinced that we have demons existing as men.Poor child!

9 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Coolgent(m): 12:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Hmm some churches are house of devils not God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 24, 2016
halfricanadian come n see
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by ikorodureporta: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2016
I'm comin.....

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by ehix89(m): 12:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Evil abound everywhere, can't even place were we're heading too
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by faitheverest(f): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Short of words lipsrsealed
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by missyadorable(f): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Nobody takes care of a child like his biological mother
If he was properly fed,he won't resort to stealing pot of soup
God,pls keep me alive for my children's sake.Lest they suffer in the hands of a wicked step mother and a careless father

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by oluspicy: 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
I can't imagine why such a barbaric action is being taken by the so - called Celestial pastorate. Tears formed in my eye as I read the story. The question I do ask myself anf people is that "Will Jesus meet Christianity when he he returns?"
Honestly, Christianity is turning to a a different thing entirely. End times things are happening everyday, everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by cococandy(f): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
He said church members, led by the step-mother, Kehinde, had attempted to stop NSCDC officials from rescuing the boy
Jesus Christ!.

Can these people please be sentenced for life?
They probably chained him with hopes of letting him starve to death. Gosh I'm so pissed and dumbfounded.

I hope they all die a miserable death.
And they call themselves church members. Bunch of disgusting hypocrites.

Where's the boy's mother? I wonder what will make me leave my child for someone else to raise when I'm not dead and all my family members are dead. That's the only situation where I won't be with my child and take care of him/her myself. With the number of evil black hearted beasts who act like they are holier than others parading as humans.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by cococandy(f): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2016
missyadorable:
Nobody takes care of a child like his biological mother
If he was properly fed,he won't resort to stealing pot of soup
God,pls keep me alive for my children's sake.Lest they suffer in the hands of a wicked step mother and a careless father

Honestly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by coded01: 12:46am On Jul 24, 2016
The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually - Genesis 6:5.

6 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Edubrazilnwa(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Nawa oo,this is jst wickedness at its peak.the evil man is not worthy to be called a father.i am very sure dat evil step mother was starving the little boy even before he was chained uup.Good job NSCDC!

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 24, 2016
Evils that men perpetrate ehn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) / Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer / God Approves Covenant University Fees & Strikes Critic With Mouth Odor - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.