Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Scariest Yoruba Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scariest Yoruba Movies (7466 Views)

What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? / List Of New Yoruba Movies To Be Released On Monday 26th, September 2011 / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scariest Yoruba Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:28am On Dec 06, 2006
Movies that used to freak you out be it visually or just the stories alone

Mine would be Ti Oluwa Ni Ile(God Own The Land), I freaking hate the music  and the environment that they used, it's SO creepy but the movie is one of the best Yoruba movies.

Alaigbede Orun, Til today I can't watch the movie, the villian that was used looks so horrible and AGAIN the music used scares me. I remember locking myself in my room and putting the volume of my TV very high anytime my dad watched it and it sucked that it's pretty much his favorite movie so he sused to watch it all the time so I guess you can imagine how many times I had to do this  angry

Okun Iru(Slave Rope), the gathering of the witches, nightmare inducing but I loved the music in this one though. I always dance when they show the scene of the king's palace and they show everyone celebrating his crowning. Fadeyi too! creepy man

Iri Aiye Le, I'm sure I got the title wrong, it's suppose to mean "Hardship Of Life", man. I hate this movie so much. The writing is so good but ugh, just thinking about it makes me shiver. The things "friends" would do to you because of jealousy. I blame this movie for my trust issues with people. Kai, damn movie. This movie went from like part 1 to part 9  shocked and people still went crazy trying to buy it. I remember the scene in part 4 where the villian smoked some sorta thing into the face of her "friend's" daughter and she turned into this disgusting creature, ugh I can't still remember parts of it, AH!  cry

Orogun Orun(Enemy From Heaven or Opponent From Heaven), another great movie with Fali and Abija, creepy in the sense of what can happen if you allow family to be all up in your marriage. The things Fali went through, I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. Screw anyone who says Yoruba films arent good.

Name others, I'm sure I'm missing alot!
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by omoge(f): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2006
Aditu olodumare used to scare me big time so was Akara ogun inu igbo irumole,
Though i think Ogunde's movies are really scary,

BTW, do you know how i can get yoruba movies to see? Tell you, they used to scare me that i never really watch them,
Holla to me if anyone knows where I can get Ogunde's, Baba sala, Taxi Driver to see,

Those movies you listed, do you still have them?
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2006
yea my parents have them but we have so many films that they could be anywhere, we are so unorganized. The right tape is hardly ever in the right box. embarassed

I'm not sure of how you can get them. My parents uusally get them when they come back from home or they have someone who's coming to the States buy some for them. You can check online(make sure it's  safe site) or find one of those Nigerian stores wherever.

I guess I could also make a copy and send them as well but that depends on your location and IF I'm even able to find the tapes. lol  cheesy
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by TerraCotta(m): 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2006
omoge:

Though i think Ogunde's movies are really scary,

Not a big horror movie fan, but this used to scare the piss out of me as a kid. I remember seeing one of his stage plays at National Theater and being scared senseless at the witches coven etc.
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by Raymand(m): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2006
Who has seen Agbaranla, Ultimate Power? . . .very scary yoruba movie, one of the first movies in yoruba to use vitual effects (i think) check it out, it's by Mike Bamiloye, the ultimate story about good vs evil. . .
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by jaybaby(f): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2006
Rawmand WTF wat Tribe r u?
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by Raymand(m): 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2006
I'm not yoruba if thats what you're intending, i just like the movie and it happens to be yoruba. . .
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by jaybaby(f): 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2006
I never said u were----jus d Movie name got my Eye Popin out grin grin
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2006
Raymand:

Who has seen Agbaranla, Ultimate Power? . . .very scary yoruba movie, one of the first movies in yoruba to use vitual effects (i think) check it out, it's by Mike Bamiloye, the ultimate story about good vs evil. . .

lol yea that's a good one. Mike and his chuch made some good movies back in the day. Im not sure about now. Havent heard much about him anymore.
Aiyamatanga! cheesy
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by Raymand(m): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2006
Ishawuru totally kicked ass with that demon that spread both madness and leprosy LOL. . . smiley
Re: Scariest Yoruba Movies by WesleyanA(f): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2006
Ikoto Aiye is one scary movie too shocked
If you want to see witch action that will give you nightmares for 7 days straight

(1) (Reply)

Bino And Fino: The New Nigerian Cartoon Series / What Is Your Best Season Film Ever?? / Twist Of Fate Zeeworld: Five Reason That Make Abhi A Disappointing Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.