Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In (1609 Views)

What To Do With Spoilt Sql Database? / How To Recover A Broken SQL Database File / GURUS Pls help!!! 30marks at stake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Am new to web development, I recently installed visual studio 2010 while building my first website I try adding a database (visual basic) I keep getting this error.

I clicked on solution explorer, right click on App_Data, add new item, clicked on visual basic and sql server database. When I clicked on add. I get this error.

The error says "A network related or instance related specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and the sql server is configured to allowing remote connection. (Provider sql network interface : error 26 error locating server instance specified)"

Edited

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Insufficient information. . . . .
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
ferdyferd:
Am new to web development, I recently installed visual studio 2010 while building my first website I try adding a database (visual basic) I keep getting this error

what does the error say? Do you have Sql server database (not sql compact database)
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is my connection strings setting

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is my server instance name "SQLEXPRESS"

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
basbone:

what does the error say? Do you have Sql server database (not sql compact database)

Yes I have sql server database. I have edited my first post its more explanatory now. Thank you
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Also in my sql server configuration manager. My sql server refuse to start (not running) please see the screenshot below

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
The sql server state is "stopped " when I try to start it I get this error "Window could not start the sql server (SQLEXPRESS) on local computer. For more information review the system event log. If u
This is a non Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the specific error code 17058"

Edited

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is my sql server settings bellow. While my built in account is "local system"

Please pardon d low quality in the images. And most importantly pardon my amateur description of the problem this is my first time. Thank you all for your assistance

Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2016
Are you running sql server as an administrator?? And also, try to copy and paste the errors in text here(not screenshots)
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
basbone:
Are you running sql server as an administrator??
And also, try to copy and paste the errors in text here(not screenshots)

OK thanks. I have edited my post and typed the errors.

No am not running sql server as an administrator.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
basbone
dhtml18

I have edited my post and typed the errors here. Hope this information is sufficient enough
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
basbone:

Yes I have sql server database. I have edited my first post its more explanatory now. Thank you
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by romme2u: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
try to restart the server with admin account and ensure the server is running before connecting to it from visual studio.

Try the following:

1. try and run the service as an admin,
2. log in as admin and try restarting the service.
3. change the service status to local system OR Network service
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Yeah, as the poster above me said. You can also start up visual studio as an administrator, and see if the problem is fixed.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by olarid01: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
your sql server could not be started so there is nothing you can unless you resolve that.

try restarting your system and check the configuration management whether the server is started automatically. if not, try starting it manually.

do these and give feedback
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
olarid01:
your sql server could not be started so there is nothing you can unless you resolve that.

try restarting your system and check the configuration management whether the server is started automatically. if not, try starting it manually.

do these and give feedback
restarted the system so many times. yes the server start mode is automatic.
I have changed it to manual, and try starting it manually still getting that error.

thanks
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
romme2u:
try to restart the server with admin account and ensure the server is running before connecting to it from visual studio.

Try the following:

1. try and run the service as an admin,
2. log in as admin and try restarting the service.
3. change the service status to local system OR Network service

I have done number 3. (local system, local service, network service) I have changed it to all 3 still getting the same error.

No 2: login as admin and try restarting the service. honestly I don't know how to do that.

No 1: I run SQL server configuration manager as admin, still the same error

thanks
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
basbone:
Yeah, as the poster above me said. You can also start up visual studio as an administrator, and see if the problem is fixed.
I have done that also still getting the same error in visual studio.

thanks
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by olarid01: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
how do you perform the installations? which one did you installed first?
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by olarid01: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
how do you perform the installations? which one did you installed first?
visual studio or sql server?
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by romme2u: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Anytime u find the error u got above, it is either the server is not running or the user account u are using does not have the require permission to access that server.

Remember: while troubleshooting the server, shutdown visual studio.

I have done number 3. (local system, local service, network service) I have changed it to all 3 still getting the same error.
Do this as an admin: then restart the system for it to take effect. u may need to run services.msc as admin

No 2: login as admin and try restarting the service. honestly I don't know how to do that.
concerning the No. 2, i meant, if u are not using an admin account on ur system, then logout and login with an admin account to be able effect the necessary changes.

No 1: I run SQL server configuration manager as admin, still the same error
Run the SQL server as admin[b]not[/b] the configuration manager.

if u cannot still access the server, run the SQL server, configuration manager and visual studio as administrator.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by godofbrowser(m): 1:46am On Jul 25, 2016
ferdyferd:
Am new to web development, I recently installed visual studio 2010 while building my first website I try adding a database (visual basic) I keep getting this error.
I clicked on solution explorer, right click on App_Data, add new item, clicked on visual basic and sql server database. When I clicked on add. I get this error.
The error says "A network related or instance related specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and the sql server is configured to allowing remote connection. (Provider sql network interface : error 26 error locating server instance specified)"
Edited
some apps like Skype do share ports with servers like mysql servers. try ensure its not having port conflict.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by stack1(m): 2:32am On Jul 25, 2016
see the system logs, it would provide you more info on the error, looks like a port conflict or the sql server wasn't properly configured/installed
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by olarid01: 4:27am On Jul 25, 2016
answer my question. how do you perform the installstions?
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
olarid01
godofbrowser
roome2u
and others who have contributed to this thread I say a big thank you.

I have resolved the issue. I downloaded a new sql server 2016 then I changed the instance name on VS to blank that did the trick.
thanks
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by godofbrowser(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
ferdyferd:
olarid01
godofbrowser
roome2u
and others who have contributed to this thread I say a big thank you.

I have resolved the issue. I downloaded a new sql server 2016 then I changed the instance name on VS to blank that did the trick.
thanks

congrats!
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is very good @OP, now you have added a trick to your sleeve.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
dhtml18:
This is very good @OP, now you have added a trick to your sleeve.
yes learning gradually...
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by BlackMbakara1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
@ OP: Re-installing didn't fix it but because you changed the named instance to a default instance. When next you have a named instance, you must specify the full instance name for a local connection or server path\Named Instance (IP address\Named Instance) for remote connection.
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
BlackMbakara1:
@ OP: Re-installing didn't fix it but because you changed the named instance to a default instance. When next you have a named instance, you must specify the full instance name for a local connection or server path\Named Instance (IP address\Named Instance) for remote connection.
Actually changed it to default instance didn't work, until I upgraded it from 2008 to 2016.

thanks got the new tip
Re: Sql Database Error Gurus Pls Come In by ferdyferd: 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
BlackMbakara1:
Actually changed it to default instance didn't work, until I upgraded it from 2008 to 2016.

thanks for the new tip

(1) (Reply)

Pin Pals App Now In Top 10 Social :D / How Can I Create A Site Like Mobilenig / For All HTML CSS Bootstrap And Php Beginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.