Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / - (4011 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
-
Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2009
Aqva:

My lil sis has a good job. However she is always broke before middle of the month and keeps asking me for a loan.
I've told her to stop giving most of her money to Christ Embassy, she wouldn't listen. Those people are draining her wallet.

She is forever paying for one thing or the other, either pastor's birthday or new building
When i advise her, she keeps telling me she gets in return by giving.
A couple of toasters usually buys her gifts and clothes. i've tried telling her that even sluts gets gift from toasters too.

I'm tired of giving out loans to her, is that how that church is?
Why are Nigerians so foolish and gullible? What do i do about this issue?
There is not a lot you can do about the highlighted. . .
Unfortunately it is like corruption, it is deep seated and can never be eradicated
Most Nigerians will forever remain gullible, brainwashed and foolish! cool
Re: - by JeSoul(f): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
If after numerous admonitions & warnings from you she still refuses to listen - then she deserves to be a pauper. Perhaps when she can no longer pay her rent or buy food to eat she will be rudely awakened to the reality she is being pimped by professional crooks.

1 Like

Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2009
JeSoul:

If after numerous admonitions & warnings from you she still refuses to listen - then she deserves to be a pauper. Perhaps when she can no longer pay her rent or buy food to eat she will be rudely awakened to the reality she is being pimped by professional crooks.
Hehehe. . . .
From your mouth Jesoul? grin
Re: - by loveheart: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2009
If u believe in the powers of PRAYER, then pray for her. 'cos only GOD ALMIGHTY knows who serve HIM in truth. Also, let ur Mum or an elder in the family talk to her, maybe she'll listen.
Re: - by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
Why bring prayer into this? This is a clear case of reasonong and knowing ones right.
Prayers should not be wasted. I don't know why educated people become fools when they get to church? embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
Aqva:

Why bring prayer into this? This is a clear case of reasonong and knowing ones right.
Prayers should not be wasted. I don't know why educated people become fools when they get to church? embarassed sad
This is serious. . . . grin
Re: - by bawomolo(m): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
Aqva:

My lil sis has a good job. However she is always broke before middle of the month and keeps asking me for a loan.
I've told her to stop giving most of her money to Christ Embassy, she wouldn't listen. Those people are draining her wallet.

She is forever paying for one thing or the other, either pastor's birthday or new building.
When i advise her, she keeps telling me she gets in return by giving.
A couple of toasters usually buys her gifts and clothes. i've tried telling her that even sluts gets gift from toasters too.

loans ke, your money is trapped in the never ending building fund. cheesy
Re: - by JeSoul(f): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2009
Aqva, you're right, this has absolutely nuthin to do with prayer, where is common sense? This is a case of good ol' fashioned insanity. If you really want to help her, stop giving her loans!

MrCrackles:

Hehehe. . . .
From your mouth Jesoul? grin

lol . . . for sure now  smiley. How can someone in their right senses be giving their entire earnings to a church for pastor's birthday and building fund when they cannot even feed or clothe themselves? It is insane.
Re: - by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
perhaps you need to flog her out of her delusion at this point. grin
Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
davidylan:

perhaps you need to flog her out of her delusion at this point. grin
grin cheesy grin
Re: - by Recognise: 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2009
JeSoul:

Aqva, you're right, this has absolutely nuthin to do with prayer, where is common sense?

This is a case of good ol' fashioned insanity. If you really want to help her, stop giving her loans!

grin . . . for sure now  smiley.

How can someone in their right senses be giving their entire earnings to a church for pastor's birthday

and building fund when they cannot even feed or clothe themselves? It is insane.

@JeSoul

I too chuckled along with MrCrackles when I read your blunt & frank response

No doubt there are some inspirations and lines for your next lyrics wink wink

Not that you havent touched on some of them already on your existing works
Re: - by GODSON2009(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
i dont see why christ embassy has to be castigated for this,the man has never asked anyone to empty their life savings into the church coffers, rather than mentioning christ embassy ill advice you to tell your sister that giving money grudgingly(which she obviously did if she cant afford it)is the same as not giving at all and is in her bible,moreover i see a a pattern of pride in her actions because it seems she is probably trying to keep up with the joneses, she is probably competing with others who are giving a lot meaning that is an element of pride
Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
GODSON2009:

i dont see why christ embassy has to be castigated for this,the man has never asked anyone to empty their life savings into the church coffers, rather than mentioning christ embassy ill advice you to tell your sister that giving money grudgingly(which she obviously did if she cant afford it)is the same as not giving at all and is in her bible,moreover i see a a pattern of pride in her actions because it seems she is probably trying to keep up with the joneses, she is probably competing with others who are giving a lot meaning that is an element of pride
There we go again. . . . . angry
Re: - by Basildon1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
Aqva:

That's a million dollar question, it simply beats me! Giving to God doesnt mean pandering to whims and caprices of the pastor.
Re: - by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
GODSON2009:

This is embarrassing, why dont the leaders at CE CLEARLY state that those who cannot afford to give shld not do so?
Re: - by JeSoul(f): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2009
Recognise:

@JeSoul

I too chuckled along with MrCrackles when I read your blunt & frank response

No doubt there are some inspirations and lines for your next lyrics wink wink

Not that you havent touched on some of them already on your existing works

embarassed I guess my true sarcastic, blunt colors were flying there lol . . . but I see no other effective method of approach in dealing with someone like this who is so far divorced from reality and sanity. He needs to cut her off!

davidylan:

This is embarrassing, why dont the leaders at CE CLEARLY state that those who cannot afford to give shld not do so?
Embarrasing is an understatement. Like it isn't common knowledge the great lengths CE goes to in order to fleece their congregation.

1 Like

Re: - by GODSON2009(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2009
davidylan:

r you kidding me??how would i know your financial capabilities if you drop your envelope in the offering basket??personally i give as my mood and spirit dictates,just last sunday with my blazer and everything,i gave £1 and some coins and i did it in full view of everyone, the issue is people trying to act all posh and rich while in church i am not ready to measure up to a millionaire just because we are seated side by side in church that is the real issue here
Re: - by Tudor6(f): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
Sometimes I wonder how stupid some people choose to be. I don't blame pastor chris and the bunch of pilfering buffoons who call themselves men of god.
If Jesus were real his nonchalant attitude towards dealing with charlatans deceiving innocent people(who are just sincerely out for a saviour) with his name speaks volumes. . . . .

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
GODSON2009:

r you kidding me??how would i know your financial capabilities if you drop your envelope in the offering basket??personally i give as my mood and spirit dictates,just last sunday with my blazer and everything,i gave £1 and some coins and i did it in full view of everyone, the issue is people trying to act all posh and rich while in church i am not ready to measure up to a millionaire just because we are seated side by side in church that is the real issue here

You have an important point there and i must admit its true.

BUT the point is you cant deny the subtle fleecing of those who are easily swayed by the words of mortal men masquerading as "pastors".

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2009
Tudór:

Sometimes I wonder how stupid some people choose to be. I don't blame pastor chris and the bunch of pilfering buffoons who call themselves men of god.
If Jesus were real his nonchalant attitude towards dealing with charlatans deceiving innocent people(who are just sincerely out for a saviour) with his name speaks volumes. . . . .

this is absurd and is of no relevance to this thread but i will respond to it this once. Christ's longsuffering on this issue is not an excuse to claim He doesnt exist. That we have 5 months of sunshine does not mean rain will not come.
Re: - by Basildon1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
Tudór:

While i do think there's a generally agreed point that some churches might be too demanding and there's a level of affluence displayed that is regarded as unnecessary, you come across as a christian basher and i'm afraid i now see your views border on the unreasonable, to say the least,laughable!!!
Re: - by GODSON2009(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
davidylan:

You have an important point there and i must admit its true.

BUT the point is you cant deny the subtle fleecing of those who are easily swayed by the words of mortal men masquerading as "pastors".
true, but  i believe strongly that any true and tested christian should have the spirit of discernment and their spiritual antenas on at all times, even the bible enjoins us to test everything to make sure it is true,so why should we do follow follow without checking the pros and cons, i personally have discovered that my spiritual life has grown more when i started to discern and take apropriate actions as at where necessary
Re: - by sweetpain: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2009
Poster, sorry your sister is far gone. How do you think christ embassy pastors can afford to live such cosy lives-drive big cars etc in the midst of so much poverty. You think there is some kind of holy money spewing machine in the church?

Not much you can do. Chances are that some bro in the church is screwing her along with three other members while promising her marriage. She will learn in due course.

1 Like

Re: - by MrCrackles(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2009
sweetpain:

Poster, sorry your sister is far gone. How do you think christ embassy pastors can afford to live such cosy lives-drive big cars etc in the midst of so much poverty. You think there is some kind of holy money spewing machine in the church?

Not much you can do. Chances are that some bro in the church is screwing her along with three other members while promising her marriage. She will learn in due course.
grin grin grin grin
Re: - by Basildon1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2009
sweetpain:

I love NL, everyonce in a while,someone has to come out and say some DUMB BRAINLESS S**T! Does it matter that you talking about sum1's sister? No,Sir!
Re: - by Tudor6(f): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
Basildon1:

While i do think there's a generally agreed point that some churches might be too demanding and there's a level of affluence displayed that is regarded as unnecessary, you come across as a christian basher and i'm afraid i now see your views border on the unreasonable, to say the least,laughable!!!
How your mindless and utterly thoughtless opinion of me is supposed to mean anything is beyond me. . . . I laugh in tongues! grin grin
Re: - by Tonyet1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2009
@Poster,

your sister's case is very serious sha

but wait a minute,i have never heard nor seen this pst.chris of a man asking anyone to give to his ministry, i have had the privilaege of worshipping with them for like 6mths and never have i seen any compulsion or manipulation. rather when they ask, they do so like Jesus, paul and all with scriptural backing.

I know i may always be seen as controversial but then lets pause and ponder, you guys just get a story from one side and then conclude just like that. someone brought a costly perfume (huge money if translated in our own time) and poured on the feet on Jesus himself, critics being who they are (Judas) cried OVERSPENDING whereas to Jesus she did the best thing.

@poster,

if she is fine at giving, pls let her be, if you dont want to asist her any longer , then stop, if her giving is accepted by God, He will definitely raise someone to help her and some day she will reap her labour of love.

@david, mrcrackles, Jesoul,

you guys really need to know that not all excessive giving is a bad giving

-2 Sam 24:24-" But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that which will cost me nothing

Eccl 3:2,6
2 time to plant,And a time to pluck what is planted;
6 A time to gain,And a time to lose;
NKJV

1 Kings 5:13
13 King Solomon raised a levy [of forced labor] out of all Israel; and the levy was 30,000 men.
AMP

Luke 6:38
38 Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.
AMP

Yeah yeah i know some MOGs are thieves, but then dont you think in course of trying to know the fase ones we may end up uprooting the genuine one's
Re: - by Africankel(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2009

Answer to your questions:
1. Maybe you should stop giving her loan if she asks again. No, that is not how the church is.
2. Its not a Nigerian problem, its global. . . Although I dont see it as being foolish I think its responding to God's demand. (Expecting. . .)
3. Do Nothing! Its not your business

1 Like

Re: - by Shola2009(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
Tonye-t,,na wa ooo, cheesy you are supposed to post short comments on the thread, not write your autobiography! grin
Re: - by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
Stop giving her loans and see what happens next.
Re: - by sweetpain: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2009
Tudór:

How your mindless and utterly thoughtless opinion of me is supposed to mean anything is beyond me. . . . I laugh in tongues! grin grin
No mind the monkey. Christ embassy is what it is b/c of people like Basil. Servitude mentality. Born and bred. Even without his saying I already know what part of Nigeria he hails from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Practical Spirituality / Follow Better Church, Follow ECKANKAR / The Missing Second Commandment:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.