Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Movie Recommendation Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Recommendation Thread (15055 Views)

Any Recommendation For Free African Films On Youtube Or Irokotv? / Tv Programs In Nigeria - Any Recommendation? / Home Video Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2006
Since we all watch movies from time to time. Recommend a movies that you think Nairalanders should watch. then discuss it. Lets Talk Movies.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2006
I recommend Napoleon Dynamite, best move ever made, and it reminds me of so many ppl on NL.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by Oracle(m): 9:11am On Dec 06, 2006
Harry Potter grin grin

Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2006
@zulunation thats an interesting comment. tell me in what way is he like the people of NL. i will watch the movie and tell you if i concur
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by Raymand(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2006
Mr. Vampire, old chinese movie, the kind you ignore in movie stands but very funny! i think everyone here should check that movie out. . .it was directed by Ricky Lau and it has everything in it comedy,horro,kick ass matial arts skills, forbidden romance (for the ladies), and ridiculus superstition . . .

Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by mac73(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2006
watch the lord of the rings trilogy back to back.it'ss one of the best movies ever made.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by justkunmi(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2006
pls, has anyone seen CRANK?

That is the best story i've seen of late. that movie would surely blow urv mind.

here's a lil preview.

there's a guy who was injected with a substance that reduces the adrenalin level inside him. and if the adrenalin level inside him reduces beyond normal he dies. so he has to keep doing crazy things to keep pumping up the adrenalin level inside him. and when i say crazy things, i mean crazy things.
that movie was pure fun from start to finish

its a must watch
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by hamas(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
i will recommend soul plane,.
its d craziest comedy ever made.
also i suggest 'saving private ryan and pearl harbour.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:39am On Dec 08, 2006
jammin' ignore everyone please. tongue

Soul Plane? Even Black Americans are ashamed of that movie talkless of actually recommending it

anyway since I'm never wrong when it comes to film, I suggest La Haine  grin (Hatred) in French

I did like Napoleon Dynamite though. It was cute.  tongue
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by TerraCotta(m): 4:02am On Dec 08, 2006
Depends on the genre--"High Fidelity" or "The Break-Up" if you like comedies. "2046" if you like Hong Kong high drama (one of my favorites). "Goodfellas" or "Layer Cake" if you like crime thrillers. "V for Vendetta" or "Equilibrium" if you like science-fiction/action (loved these two).

ThiefofHearts--you're turning me into a stalker.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:14am On Dec 08, 2006
TerraCotta:

ThiefofHearts--you're turning me into a stalker.

You say this like it's a bad thing grin

I havent seen 2046, how good is it? I know it has Ziyi, that's it.

and yea "V" was great.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by TerraCotta(m): 4:32am On Dec 08, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

You say this like it's a bad thing grin

I havent seen 2046, how good is it? I know it has Ziyi, that's it.

and yea "V" was great.

2046 is gorgeous--a little illogical and pessimistic, but a beautiful looking movie. The science fiction twist is really fascinating. Do you like other Wong Kar-Wai films? I liked "Chung King Express", but I haven't seen his others like "In The Mood for Love". Send me a message away from these prying eyes.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08am On Dec 08, 2006
lol that's cute. I'll be sending one soon

Nope havent seen any of his stuff. I need to work on watching more movies from Asia. Last year I was obsessed with mainly their horror/psychothrillers like movies by Mike Takeshi.

ooo you need to see Old Dog! It's Korean and sooo good cheesy
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2006
Trainspotting if you are silly and carefree like moi you will like it
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2006
Did watch crank. Never impressed me. Plot was shallow no normal man could imbibe and inject so many stimulant and live. The heart would just fail.
I also watch V and Equilibrium. i like sci-fi. however in V for a guy to be so disfigured from burns it stand to reason that his body would have gotten burns as well an so limit his mobility and agility. Equilibrim can pass. dont see how 1 guy can reach dat level of fighting prowess though.
soulplane i have never watched cos of the bad reviews
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2006
Actually Thiefofheart did recommend that movie and i watched it. Loved it also. what about it did you like IIce?
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2006
Don't bother with Soul Plane, one of the crappiest movies ever. Equilibrium is like just okay for me, V i love mainly because of the Violence grin

@jammin, i just laughed throughout the movie. I like how close they seem to be to the edge of being mentally insane tongue they were really warped and i soooo understand the warpness grin grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2006
I also told her one of the best part for me was the toilet at the bar, and retrieving those two pills. that had me screaming GROSS!!!
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2006
That shows the determination of man. For a man has to do what a man has to do lol.

My favorite part was when that guy pooped on the bedsheet and ehmmmm his babe's mom was trying to get the bedsheet from him grin grin grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2006
THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!! everyone got a "serving" they were having breakfast
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 9:49am On Dec 08, 2006
Yeah, you know i was in the grips of morbid fascination.  I was totally grossed out but i could not help but watch and rewind and play and rewind and play grin grin  Another part i like is when the baby died and like half of them are like in the numb state and not really realizing what happening.  They were so unaffected that it was hilarious.
I havent watched napoleon dynamite, il try to get to it.  For those into epic chinese movies, i like hero so i guess i could recommend that. 
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2006
Yeeeah. That was the reason he offered her dope. even while the baby was still in the crib. did'nt know wat else to do.
Hero was good. Also show why children should listen to their parents. they tried to direct him from that path. fighter
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by Raymand(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2006
Monster. . .with Charlize Theron, i fell in love with the that ugly female serial killer in the movie. . .yall should check it out. . .

Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by biomic(f): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2006
ATL
Rashad (Tip Harris) is a 17-year-old growing up in Atlanta. Since the death of his parents, he's had to care for his little brother, Ant (Evan Ross). Rashad makes ends meet by helping his janitor uncle after school, but it doesn't look as though he'll ever escape his bleak future. But when hot girl New-New (Lauren London) starts hanging out in his neighborhood on the weekends, things start to look up. Rashad and New-New get to know each other while listening to hip-hop at the roller rink--------

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST

Capt. Jack (Johnny Depp) owes a blood debt to the legendary Davy Jones (Bill Nighy), captain of the dreaded Flying Dutchman. He threatens to curse Jack to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation if he can't settle up. Soon-to-be-married Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) join Jack on a quest to find the Dead Man's Chest, which may contain a treasure that Jones will accept as payment.

Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2006
@thiefofhearts am going to go with la haine. I will try and watch it this evening. The Descent is a movie that can be enjoyed.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2006
lol, nice to see you have good taste as well iice grin

I remember when i first watching Trainspotting and I was laughing so hard. My favorite was Bigbsy, ALWAYS looking for a fight. When he threw that pitcher down so the whoile bar would go into a brawl, i was giggling like a slowpoke. Then of course the issue with the transexual, lol. Spud's interview was great too.

The soundtrack is so great! cheesy Iggy Pop's "Lust For Life" fit the theme so well.

Hope you find La Haine, jammin and dont forget to tell me what you think
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2006
found it "long time" it almost complete. will watch tonight.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by gbadex1(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2006
Go watch Ajigi jaga a.k.a brokin botul in Baseje or Egun gun be kiaful or something like that.

Apart from that, you seriously need to go watch MUSA, a beautiful korean made as at '01. Or "Shadowless Sword", another korean flick. Then there's also HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS and HERO. Both very good movies.

Now let's get to the HORROR part <grins wickedly>. Need a spine / hair raiser? Then i recommend "Candyman". Or better still "Evil Dead1, Evil Dead2 and Army of Darkness" (they all made me laugh). Or Zombie the Flesh Eater (that was old and back in the day, but still raised a few hairs). Or for some action alongside it, just go get Jeepers Creepers and sh*t like that. . .
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by TerraCotta(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

lol, nice to see you have good taste as well iice grin

I remember when i first watching Trainspotting and I was laughing so hard. My favorite was Bigbsy, ALWAYS looking for a fight. When he threw that pitcher down so the whoile bar would go into a brawl, i was giggling like a slowpoke. Then of course the issue with the transexual, lol. Spud's interview was great too.

The soundtrack is so great! cheesy Iggy Pop's "Lust For Life" fit the theme so well.

Cool--another all-time favorite. Funny thing was that Ewan McGregor plays a character based on Iggy Pop in "The Velvet Goldmine", which was an , interesting movie.

gbade. x:

Now let's get to the HORROR part <grins wickedly>. Need a spine / hair raiser? Then i recommend "Candyman". Or better still "Evil Dead1, Evil Dead2 and Army of Darkness" (they all made me laugh). Or Zombie the Flesh Eater (that was old and back in the day, but still raised a few hairs). Or for some action alongside it, just go get Jeepers Creepers and sh*t like that. . .

I can't recommend many horror movies, but "Shocker" (made by the same director as the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' series) scared the piss out of me as a kid. I don't know if it's really scary or if was just about being young, but I didn't want to be anywhere around electrical sockets for a while after that movie (you'd have to see it to understand).

Who liked "O Brother, Where Art Thou"?
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by Ynot(m): 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2006
TerraCotta:

Loved the movie and the very classic I am a man of constant sorrow sound track.

Have you guys seen the movie Contact? It came out in '97. If you are a sci-fi fan and want to 'see' aliens in other forms than hollywood-biased rubber-suits threatening to blow up the world, you got to watch that movie.

Now, before you give me lecture on old movies, remember there are no old movie just movies you've not seen.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:25am On Dec 09, 2006
TerraCotta:

Definitely in my top 10. George Clooney is so great. The soundtrack is also very grand! I got it for my dad 2 years ago and he still listens to it. grin

I heard Contact was good but I myself am not big on sci-fi.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by gianni(f): 12:34am On Dec 09, 2006
i love BLACK HAWK DOWN , STEAL but
the movie of all time is THE GODFATHER [mario puzo's]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films / Star Quest 2010. How Do I Register? / Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.