Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And... (3128 Views)

Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / How To Identify The True Religion Of GOD: A Reply / A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And... by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
In a nutshell, "experience is indeed vital", huh? Maybe not.... But you do seem to have gotten me wrong, as I didn't rule out Experience completely. Far from it. My point being that the value placed on it is.... Errr, well, MISPLACED. "With age comes experience", you say? I'd rather have it as "With age comes wisdom, but SOMETIMES age comes alone", to quote Oscar Wilde. Ergo, WISDOM is the important thing here, not age (and the experience that comes with it). I said, "Experience is only valuable IF it helps you to reason better, and, if it doesn't, it's worthless".... So, what really MATTERS here? It's the "ability to reason well", "wisdom", and NOT experience.... Experience CAN be valuable if it helps you reason better, but it doesn't do that ALWAYS.... Got my point? So how can someone come here to big himself up as being intellectually superior to others because he's MORE experience, as though it counts for shit? Yes, with age comes wisdom..... SOMETIMES. And yes, with age comes stagnation... SOMETIMES. So, is age REALLY that important as people make it seem to be?

Here's the maxim that must be applied to experience: have you had a thousand different experiences, or the same experiences a thousand times? Dull-minded people just keep repeating the same old same old, and believing the same old same old. They never learn a thing. They're too dumb, too arrogant and too lazy to learn. Many old people are experienced in things that are now obsolete. A vast amount of people's experience becomes obsolete long before they're dead, rendering all such experiences worthless and irrelevant to the world. Experience might matter, but it's NOT more important than reason and intelligence. Rather, the reverse is true.

As per the emboldened, it exposes your pathological obsession with "winning" arguments. Is that what gives you the gall to think you're always right? (You probably will deny this.... But your attitude on this forum will make me not to believe you) That you cannever be wrong? No wonder you always express your satisfaction at "humiliating" the atheists, making it obvious that you believe you "won" nearly ALL the debates you've had with them. Now I know what fuels your dogmatism, closemindedness and unwilligness to admit you error no matter what (the source of it, even).... YOU DO NOT WANT TO "LOSE ANY ARGUMENT (as if that even matters), because, since you've made it a yardstick for measuring intelligence [as seen on the other threas where you told a guy you'll admit his superiority only if he "wins" an argument against you(in all fairness, you might have meant that as a joke.. But....)], you wouldn't want to lose to an atheist, as that would make him more intelligent than you, and, like seriously, who would want to be "inferior" to an atheist!!! Isn't that amusing? Abeg, abandon that mindset and the attitude to which it gives birth. It's just too childish.

Learned new words though..... I should say "THANK YOU" for that.

I'm a very jovial person and have a sense of humor - I also tell ribald jokes a lot . Plus I enjoy manipulating my opponent during arguments . I didn't expect this reply but I get what you mean . Thanks a lot grin

And for the new words you learnt , trust me for a cornucopia of those daily wink

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And... by ValentineMary(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Don't mind the fools! They're implying that since they're older and more "experienced", then they certainly know better than us. High school students are way too young an inexperienced to know anything about true reality. They're clueless little things, aren't they? Imagine that certain idiots tell themselves these nonsense and have managed to convince their gullible selves of its "truth". What incredible horseshit!!!!

Old people try to gain an advantage over young people by referring to their superior "experience." Well, let's consider the whole issue of experience. Old Abrahamists, no doubt, have had countless experiences and yet they are as stupid as they were the day they were born, and they still know nothing about true reality. So much for experience.

The "voice of experience" is frequently the voice of a fool, a charlatan and a bully. A smart 19-year old like myself can be much closer to enlightenment than some pompous, sanctimonious, self-inflated, crashing old bore telling everyone how much life experience he has (but thus proving it was all to no avail since anyone who had learned from life would know never to play the old man's card).

Experience is valuable only if it helps you to reason better, and, if it doesn't, it's worthless. It's not experience that seperates people but reason. A young, smart person is much closer to the truth than an old, experienced, bombastic iidiot. Refering to "experience" and age is simply a means for silly old men to big themselves up and pretend they know shit. Most of them know Bleep all... and and are exactly the people who made the world the shithole and mental asylum it is today. Experience and progress do not go together. Most geniuses do their masterwork before the age of 25.... before they become corrupted by "experience".

Many older people were fooled in their youth, and have never forgotten the shame of being duped. However, rather than develop greater reason so that they can see through bogus claims, they have simply become cynical, skeptical, close-minded and paranoid. If you placed the Truth right in front of them, they would never see it... because they would be terrified it was just another con to deceive them. Many older people voluntarily blind themselves to the Truth.

Age has the unfortunate tendency to turn people into old f00ls, prattling on about their redundant "experience" and age as if it counts for shit. Most of them are not wise at all. They're just old. The only elderly people you should listen to are those who are young at heart, who are still full of energy, with flexible minds, capable of learning new things. People like that actualy learn from their experiences, and keep learning, and can pass on genuine wisdom.

"You have to push as hard as the age that pushes against you" - Flannery O'oconnor

"Do not let me hear
Of the wisdom of old men, but rather of their folly,
Their fear of fear and frenzy, their fear of possession,
Of belonging to another, or others, or to God.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility; humility is endless
" - T.S. Eliot
Nice work bro beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Work Right On Sabbath Day / Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God / Nigeria Leads In Religious Belief,yet We Are So Corrupt .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.