Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (56081 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Fortune Magazine's List Of World's 50 Greatest Leaders / COMMUNICATORS LEAGUE/Apata To Dugbe; Of Misfortune And Fortune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Yasirarafat: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
Interesting.......but crying too grin
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by drnoel: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
YINKS89:
thumbs up man..... more mb to ur fone.

Chairman, why are u keeping me hanging? Go to my blog and drop comment na. Eh! Tori olowo, did I do something bad to? The story has been online since this morning ooh.
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Yasirarafat:
Interesting.......but crying too grin
are you serious grin
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
drnoel:

Chairman, why are u keeping me hanging? Go to my blog and drop comment na. Eh! Tori olowo, did I do something bad to? The story has been online since this morning ooh.
bro u didnt mention mi nd how m i suppose to know... u b ma oga nw.
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by anyamterzagwa(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nice story.I don't reli care abt d typo cuz I roll wit all.wat reli got me interested was d fact dat an intelligent girl can also b amazing and interesting.
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
anyamterzagwa:
Nice story.I don't reli care abt d typo cuz I roll wit all.wat reli got me interested was d fact dat an intelligent girl can also b amazing and interesting.
thank u for understanding bro, am really trying to make it error free but as u understand that writers dont see their mistakes only readers do.
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by emmexy5(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nice story from the writer.. can't wait for the next episode ..
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Horlorlardaey: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
NICE WRITE UP @ AUTHOR
KIP THE GOOD WORK GOING

newbie on nairaland
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Yasirarafat: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
boyo123:
are you serious grin
Yeah grin ...... i cant wait to see the next episode ooo, kip it up
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
Episode 24

Dayo became angry,he never thought that funmi could come up with such an idea,he moved his hands to her cheek,held it straight so she could be facing him then he said

" you dare not do that ok!, you didn't even tell me before concluding on that,that baby is mine ,and i swear to God, i will never deny that ,the baby is mine and we are going to have it,now where are the drugs you bought"

With her eyes still glued to dayo's she pointed to the direction of the bed were she left them,he released her and moved straight to the spot to retrieve them,he turned back to look at her then said,

"As from now on ,the responsibility of that baby and you is on me"

Funmi don't know what to say all she could do was just start to cry again,it took dayo another 30minutes to calm her down.

Later that night as dayo was driving home, he kept wandering if he hadn't made a mistake in his life by getting her pregnant,he wonders what his life will be like after his dad fined out,its either he accept they and the baby all he reject them all,

He wonders how he will tell him,he thought of calling his friends emeka and Daniel so they could go with him to his dad,but he waved it aside as he knew what their response will be because he has sidelined them since he started dating funmi,and more over the news will spread faster than he wants it to,and that could make life for him and funmi unbearable in school.

He continued thinking of how to go about it when an idea came to his mind,

"What if i tell uncle dele"he thought

Uncle dele was his fathers younger brother, a well known socialite and a business mogul ,he his like his fathers right hand man,dayo knew his uncle would be soft on him when he tells him,but getting his father to accept is the main problem,

" dad listens to uncle dele although they do argue on his ever partying and womanising behaviour but i hopes dad doesn't get too angry at this"

He picked up his phone as he drives then scrolled to uncle dele's number then dialled it,

"Hello omo mi" his uncles said with his tick voice

"Good evening uncle"

"Hmm dayo this one you remembered to call today ,what is happening,how is studies"

Dayo laughed" studies is fine uncle, actually i called because i am in trouble ni o"

" haahahaha,you have offended your dad abi?"

"Something like that sir, will you be home tomorrow sir"

"Yes,in the morning before 12"

" ok i will be at your place tomorrow morning sir"

"Ok i will be expecting you"

"How is business sir"

"Business is fine ,don't worry i will gist you tomorrow"

"Ok good night sir"

"Goodnight boy"

Dayo hung up the phone,feeling a bit relieved ,he continued to think of how to present it to his uncle the next day.

Around 7am dayo left his house for town, where his uncle stays,it took him about 1hr to drive there,
On getting to the gate of his uncles house,he met the gateman outside buying something's from a hawking woman,

"Haaa, oga dayo good morning o"

"Good morning john ,how you dey"

"Fine o" the gateman replied

"How far,daddy dey house?"

"Yes him dey for backyard"

" wetin him dey do there?"

" e be like say him dey burn some of him old books"

"Ok"

" dayo hurriedly drove into the large compound,came down from his car and went straight to the backyard,he met his uncle trowing some old papers into a small fire that was made at a corner,

"Good morning sir" dayo said as he approached him

"Hey my boy, showapa"

" am fine sir"

" if not because you are in trouble we won't see you here this early o"

" see uncle ,don't mind me jare, see i have really messed up gan this time around ,i hope dad will forgive me"

His uncle smiled and said" what did you do"

Dayo was about to start talking when his uncle stopped him

"Hold on first, can you recognise who is in this picture?" His uncle handed him an old photograph from the old books he was holding,

Dayo looked at the picture and was shocked,he didn't believe his eyes,he didn't understand what was happening, the person he is seeing in the picture is funmi,but what surprised him was that the picture looks very old and the dressing was old school but the face was just the exact face of funmilayo,

"Uncle please where did you get this"

"Do you know her?"

" yes this is my girlfriend that i came to tell you about"

"Your girlfriend how? That is your mother" his uncle said with a confused tone,.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Ijehk7(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
OMG mother?? nice story man.. first time commenting.. keep it coming bro

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by aolumaxi(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ah! see gobe! lets see what happens next

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by emmexy5(m): 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
haha mother keh...abi him uncle don use dis paper his burning to wrap small weed b4 dayo come...his mother n he was the one dat disflowerd her...dis one na bad suspense

2 Likes

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
dis sound confusing
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
YINKS89:
dis sound confusing
i told u it will be,but i can tell u that its not wat u r tinking right now
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by abefe99: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
unhmmmm can't wait for d next update
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by callmeomotee33(f): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
I hope they are not siblings oooo....since funmi resemble dayo's mum....this is confusing oooo boyo123 where are u ooo
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
boyo123:
Hello guys,i am here to again,its been a while since i dropped a story here,
lolz so i am a bit rusty,i hope you will enjoy this
where are u guys.
Olaide59 ,dherbee,Luckymay,Missmossy ,pek,aolumaxi,Osaze20091,nocad,Sageez,aprilwise,biggy25,m003,Weirdman,sap tinsel ,melekan ,Maggielovely, KoyaCatrex98,Itzjoy

slimmyjimmy(m),Ka52y(f),tosyne2much(m),megley(f),cheerokee(m),Section8(m),Aminat508(f),Dyt(f),fetrillion(m),Chillext(m),GODDYGEE91(m),ladywriter(f),Mathicks(m),sidophilic,Luckymay,

cuteguy007
jobinna2 Neroclassic jaspermezie. omosere CaptaiinG
undecided
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by jibs4lv(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wia r d readers nation cabin crew sef

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by mayree2t9(f): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
;DHehehe...biko continue

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Horlorlardaey: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Funmi might be dayo's step sister since the lady looks like her
Maybe after dayo father left his mom she got married to another man
Anyway
Highly suspense filled story
Kip it rolling in @ boyo

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Nmaglit: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
Boyo pls did u just say Mother how come did she reincarnate or what

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Leiykong(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Shey funmi na akudaya ni?

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
boyo123:
i told u it will be,but i can tell u that its not wat u r tinking right now
really u got readers dre.

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by cho25bc(f): 2:38am On Aug 23, 2016
Is funmilayo a vampire?hw come she looks so young 2 passed 4 a student n his gf?den definitely they are siblings,same parents. hmmm,dis is a lesson 2 all young ladies out dere who dash out dier punas 2 any guy they fall in love with without thinking twice. Love and sex are 2 different things entirely,although love can breed sexual passions bt our desires shud be put under check. I still don't get why many virgin ladies beg guys 2 deflower dem by force by fire.what's d morale behind dat? Is virginity a disease?
@op, good job. I don't usually comment on stories I read on literature section bt I just feel d spirit 2 do so on urs. Work on d typos,pls,especially 'taught' and 'thought'.
Den in one of d episodes,u started by changing Dayo's name 2 Tunde in d 1st few paragraphs.I was confused 4 some minutes.Pls edit dat part.
Den I saw dat u once complained abt low readership base.hmmm,my friend,u shud count urself lucky. When I wrote my story,stain from the past,only few set of people commented on my piece thruout d period of updates.I can never forget Missmossy who invited more pple 2 my page.Right now I av over 10k views bt barely 20+ pple commented.Yet I didn't give up,even though I almost did. And now,u are even on fp. Pls continue ur work n don't be oliver twist jare.
Keep it up. I may not comment again till d end of d story but just know dt I'm definitely following. Pls update on time n ensure u complete it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 4:23am On Aug 23, 2016
@cho25bc

wow thanks for taking your time to add a comment am honored

no they are not siblings but relatives,just watch out for how it happened

i dont really like writing story that one wunt learn from u can check out my previous stories like ONE NIGHT STAND and BIG BOLD WOMAN , so when people dont get the msg am trying to pass its usually frustrating,but am happy you and many others here got it .

about my typos,i am working on it,thanks soo much just bear with me pls

can you pls point the episode where i used tunde instead ,because i av bin looking for it .thanks i probably typed that while talking to a friend that answers tunde

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by cho25bc(f): 4:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Episode 10
"Its been 3weeks since *Tunde* started the tutorials with her and he was really catching up. Funmi was the best teacher he would ever have as she made difficult work look simple, when ever she felt he was working too hard, she had the best words to encourage him as it makes him more determined.

It wasn't like he was a dull student but lack of concentration and practice was his problem. But he was surely getting it from the lessons although he doesn't do much listening in class because he was sure of a better class later in the evening, on several occasions he had offered to pay her but she had refused, while making it clear that she was only trying to help him.
since she began to tutor him, he had developed a kind of respect and care for her which was gradually becoming love and attraction.

Since he began the tutorial he has never taken his car to her place because he thinks someone who knows him might get to know his been coming there, even his close guys Emeka and Daniel had no idea of it, although they suspected he has been reading alot because he now speaks and start up discussion on many of the topics, but on that particular day he took his car to the mechanic for some repairs and was running late for the lesson with Funmi, so immediately after the repairs he drove down to her place.

Rachel was one of *Tundes* secrete.
boyo123:
@cho25bc

wow thanks for taking your time to add a comment am honored

no they are not siblings but relatives,just watch out for how it happened

i dont really like writing story that one wunt learn from u can check out my previous stories like ONE NIGHT STAND and BIG BOLD WOMAN , so when people dont get the msg am trying to pass its usually frustrating,but am happy you and many others here got it .

about my typos,i am working on it,thanks soo much just bear with me pls

can you pls point the episode where i used tunde instead ,because i av bin looking for it .thanks i probably typed that while talking to a friend that answers tunde

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by boyo123(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2016
Episode 25

Dayo was looking at his uncle’s face and wondering if he was drunk ,his temperature was increasing, he didn’t understand what was happening,

”funmi is my mother? how is that possible ,
wait uncle where is this mother of mine?” he asked in a confused way

His uncle was becoming unsettled to so he moved away from the fire then grabbed a nearby chair so he could sit down then said

“ the last thing I heard about her was that she passed on but I don’t know if your father has any other information that is different from mine”

“ any other information? I thought you guys do everything together, like you know everything about each other”

“ not everything…… so what happened to the person you called your girlfriend ?”

“ she’s pregnant for me”

His uncle stood up from the chair , looking confused, he thought of what he could say for some minutes the finally he asked

“ and you are sure that she’s the one in the picture”

“ am very sure uncle, the worst thing is they have the same tribal mark, uncle does my mum have tribal mark”

“sure she does, I knew her very well, those days when she had your pregnancy,……what is really confusing here is that , when we went for her burial when she passed away I.e I and my brother, we specifically asked what we could do for any child she left behind but they told us she had no other child apart from you”

“ o my God” dayo said , he was almost in tears

“I think your father needs to know about this as soon as possible, I will call your daddy now to tell him we her coming, just hold on while I change my clothes I will meet you at the car park"

Dayo nodded his head, he didn’t know what to say he just sat there wondering what is happening in his life.

After about 30minutes , there set out in his car, as his dad had told uncle dele that he will be at the office,both of them didn’t speak much during the journey to his dad’s office, they later got there about 45minutes later and went straight to the office.

“ egbon eka san” uncle dele said as they both walked into the room

“ dele fash fash, bawo ni” his dad replied with a big smile

But to his surprise his brother didn’t act too happy , he looked at dayo’s face too and noticed that he looked sad too,it was then that he knew something was wrong, his own mood changed too as he asked

“ what is the problem, why are you guys looking like there is war in town, what did you do this time dayo”

Uncle dele interrupted him” hun , egbon wait first , this matter has to be carefully ironed out”

“ok I am listening" his dad replied

“ egbon , during the burial of dayo’s mum what did they tell us when we asked of the other children that she left behind?’

His dad’s face changed , he didn’t expect that ,what he was going to be asked involved dayo’s mum, moreover what prompt that question, dayo must have been digging up things about his mum

“ ehn,you know what they said nah, that she had no other child “ he said looking at dayo with a cold face

“ and was that true?”uncle dele asked

“ yes now , you were there with me now, see I don’t like the way you are asking me this questions, go straight to the point and lets know how to settle it jare” his dad was getting inpatient

“ok egbon , don’t be angry, the issue is that dayo got his girlfriend pregnant, but that not even the main problem , the problem is that the girl look exactly like his mum, with everything including tribal marks”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by Horlorlardaey: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2016
Thrilling
Let watch dayo's father reaction
And the truth behind
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by ukay1: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Nice story bro, following
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by abdulyaro66(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2016
H
jibs4lv:
we dey here
Re: Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) by remiseyi(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2016
jibs4lv:

here following in stealth mode...

Boyo, the twist is brain cracking... I enjoy the simplicity of your inputs in the plots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.