Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? (5190 Views)

Jamb Why Are You Doing This To Me ?? / Nigerian Students Are Fond Of Doing This (TRENDING NOW) / Shocking! Unilorin Lecturer Caught Doing This To Female Student(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by spanzed(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
some people cannot just mind their business....some naira landers and their tribalistic comments sef

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Osgilliat(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Not everyone wants to be found on social media by searching them with their names.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by akoladejesu(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Una don mad for here abi? Why una dey rubbish my tribe like this now.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by ExplicitContent: 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
As a matter of concern, the OP is right in his facts. To those being defensive you also know this is true. I simply see no reason why I should spell the beautiful name my momma gave to as Tholu instead of Tolu, or Dharey instead of Darey, haboseydey instead of Abosede etc. WTF! This is just childishness.
Wanna give yourself a Nick come on do that and make it stylish. Instead of twisting your real name into some other language we don't even know It's exist.

Somebody mentioned low self esteem could that be true!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by tdayof(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Enough of anti - Yoruba posts already on nairaland. Y'all seem to be so obsessed about our culture that you have got to go online and search about us then rush to nairaland like one dufus to create a useless thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by buttercop(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
This post is absolutely stupid and uncalled for. People are concerned with racial profiling and cop killings in the US, Boko Haram and ND Avengers in Nigeria, Isis in the middle east, severe poverty in India and many African countries but your own problem is how some people write their names on social media. Write a post about world hunger or HIV and I will applaud you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Beamborla(f): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
ExplicitContent:
As a matter of concern, the OP is right in his facts. To those being defensive you also know this is true. I simply see no reason why I should spell the beautiful name my momma gave to as Tholu instead of Tolu, or Dharey instead of Darey, haboseydey instead of Abosede etc. WTF! This is just childishness.
Wanna give yourself a Nick come on do that and make it stylish. Instead of twisting your real name into some other language we don't even know It's exist.

Somebody mentioned low self esteem could that be
true!
Oh phuleeze!

You can abandon your beautiful name from momma for a name like explicitcontent but you can't choose an alternate spelling of your name. Come on! (a spelling that does not alter the meaning or pronunciation of the name)

The fact that I still choose to go by my native name above any other name even on a social media where everyone is either 'sexy' or 'cute' or 'explicit' shows how matured I'm.

The fact that my name is still my nickname shows how much I appreciate the beautiful name momma gave me. At least I didn't abandon the name for a name she'd frown at.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by snezBaba: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Oops
Beamborla:

Oh phuleeze!

You can abandon your beautiful name from momma for a name like explicitcontent but you can't choose an alternate spelling of your name. Come on! (a spelling that does not alter the meaning or pronunciation of the name)

The fact that I still choose to go by my native name above any other name even on a social media where everyone is either 'sexy' or 'cute' or 'explicit' shows how matured I'm.

The fact that my name is still my nickname shows how much I appreciate the beautiful name momma gave me. At least I didn't abandon the name for a name she'd frown at.

You just got burned
ExplicitContent:
Somebody mentioned low self esteem could that be true!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by tens4real(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
ItuExchange:
It's a pity that many Yoruba people are now suffering from deep ignorance, especially the youth. I’m pissed off to see those half-educated people writing these:

Hardeyourlah instead of Adeola

Yeeancah instead of Yinka

Hardewhaley instead of Adewale

Harboseydey instead of Abosede, etc, etc.

Those shallow-sensed and thoughtless souls think they’re doing something trending on Facebook, Instagram, etc. How many Ibo people, Western people, Hausas, will distort the real spellings of their dignified names, only because they want to “belong” to “modern” and “trendy” crazes? And they gain nothing from this gross stupidity. It’s really a sorry case.

No White man will ever write Henry as Enri or Angela as Anjela; only because they want to look acceptable to other language speakers. It’s a pity when a Yoruba youth writes Elese like Eleche.

No Ibo man will ever write Chukwudi like Sukudi or Ogechukwu like Ogesuku.

Why are Yorubas not thinking? The Spanish, Germans, Chinese, etc. cherish their languages; but our own things have no value to us.

Neteller here: www..com.ng
but wait oo OP wetin concern you
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by SerialDigits(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
and someone might open this thread and think Op is a human being.
this is what happened when u grant animal freedom....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by ExplicitContent: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh phuleeze!

Was already typing a reply to this but when I checked the monicker behind the comment I deleted reply. No comments!
So Bimbol..... ouch, I mean "Beamborla" enjoy the rest of your weekend

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by kinglekan: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Beamborla:

Oh phuleeze!

Heheheheh!! Seriously you get time to dey reply am. grin grin

From his arguments you would know he is as clueless as the OP, if not farther down the road leading to "Absolute _Bullshit"
It isn't low self-esteem that he decides to "bin" the name his father and mother gave him just to be called ExplicitWhatever on here.

It's rather "stylish" and I am 100% pretty sure that the invention of nicknames was by someone in his small remote village. Oh and lest I forget, he is typing in English too, that must be his mother tongue... grin grin grin

..Bunch of dunderheads trying to sound smart over frivolities.

Maybe, just maybe if we agree with their line of thought, all their worries would come to an abrupt end. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Vivly(f): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
LMAO! The white man does his in the wierdest way. Richard as Dick. William as Bill. And OMG, Magaret as Peggy. Seriously British people?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Vivly(f): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
LMAO! The white man does his in the wierdest way. Richard as Dick. William as Bill. And OMG, Magaret as Peggy. Seriously British people?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Slimberry1(f): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
sad
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
We were told in a seminar I attended that someone lost their job immediately after they got it because of such names
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Dejideji1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Op, it's mostly common among our ladies, they like forming
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Beamborla(f): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
kinglekan:

Heheheheh!! Seriously you get time to dey reply am. grin grin

From his arguments you would know he is as clueless as the OP, if not farther down the road leading to "Absolute _Bullshit"
It isn't low self-esteem that he decides to "bin" the name his father and mother gave him just to be called ExplicitWhatever on here.

It's rather "stylish" and I am 100% pretty sure that the invention of nicknames was by someone in his small remote village. Oh and lest I forget, he is typing in English too, that must be his mother tongue... grin grin grin

..Bunch of dunderheads trying to sound smart over frivolities.

Maybe, just maybe if we agree with their line of thought, all their worries would come to an abrupt end. grin grin

Lolz...

Ki ni ma wa se ti mi o ba da lohun...awon oni ranu gbogbo.

You are right, though. It's better to ignore him.
But your bad mouth no be here o shocked
You go teach me small abeg smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
justhelp:
Why everything about yorubas turn out be your biggest problem, all these flaties, is better you move on with your life and admit that your tribe and region can not match the yoruba cos they are ahead of you and your region..... Fact
The first time I read this type of thing, a yoruba elder wrote it.
Be wise

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Beamborla(f): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
ExplicitContent:

Was already typing a reply to this but when I checked the monicker behind the comment I deleted reply. No comments!
So Bimbol..... ouch, I mean "Beamborla" enjoy the rest of your weekend

I bet you tried pronouncing it and there was no difference.

It's okay not to have anything to reply. What would you have written anyways?

So Explicit since you'd rather be addressed as explicit, a blissful evening to you too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by kinglekan: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
Beamborla:

Lolz...

Ki ni ma wa se ti mi o ba da lohun...awon oni ranu gbogbo.

You are right, though. It's better to ignore him.
But your bad mouth no be here o shocked
You go teach me small abeg smiley

Awon asoni lenu gbogbo! cheesy cheesy

Thier problem is that they spend so much time putting their nose in other people's business. Some would rather stick their fat heads up someone else's _ass like a dung beetle than figure out a way to solve their own problems.

Awon Team KnowITALL! Team SpecialAdvisersOnFixingOtherPeoplesLives! grin grin

Abeg ooo!! I nor get bad mouth o. I am just here to make common sense like Uncle Bruce grin grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Beamborla(f): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
kinglekan:

Awon asoni lenu gbogbo! cheesy cheesy

Thier problem is that they spend so much time putting their nose in other people's business. Some would rather stick their fat heads up someone else's _ass like a dung beetle than figure out a way to solve their own problems.

Awon Team KnowITALL! Team SpecialAdvisersOnFixingOtherPeoplesLives! grin grin

Abeg ooo!! I nor get bad mouth o. I am just here to make common sense like Uncle Bruce grin grin
Chisos!
Where's my pen lemme start penning down smth.

You no get bad mouth true true...na vicious fingers you get.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by kinglekan: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Beamborla:

Chisos!
Where's my pen lemme start penning down smth.

You no get bad mouth true true...na vicious fingers you get.

Buhahahahahaha... grin grin grin grin

Vicious fingers bawo? Na snake? grin grin

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Beamborla(f): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
N
kinglekan:

Buhahahahahaha... grin grin grin grin

Vicious fingers bawo? Na snake? grin grin

All your body dey this one o!

The venoms coming out of your fingers are wickedly attractive. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by kinglekan: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2016
Beamborla:
N
All your body dey this one o!

The venoms coming out of your fingers are wickedly attractive. cheesy

Ema so wa lenu oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baba Jeje ni mi o grin grin grin

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by vpaymoney(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2016
OP ur iQ is 0.00%

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2016
Your brain need to be exposed to the sun.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 25, 2016
Total stupidity. It's one of those factors pulling education standards down, and dumb abbreviations when they chat too. They find it COOL tho. Not just Yoruba people, it's everywhere.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Dexema(m): 7:02am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Boring post=47831031][/quote] is this for real?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by ksbusari(m): 7:13am On Jul 25, 2016
y nt single out ur friends doin dat. wetin Yoruba do u. I go swear for u o and I swear u go carry am till d end of ur life.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by Heryorh: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2016
abegi...op...na so my name be ooo...leave mata...
Re: Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This? by seunayeni(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2016
lol, pls do not stereotype it to yorubas alone, it's simply a phase everyone would go through where u want to do things hip and funky, so it's just a phase it'll pass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Study Abroad Agency In Nigeria / Thesis Topics In Power System Engineering / My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.