Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:56 AM

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? (3823 Views)

Php, CSS, HTML, Javascript, Jquery, Bootstrap, Tutorial Via Whatsapp / Learn Html,javascript,css And More Here / Introductions To Form In HTML (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Am 17yrs and I started programming 2month ago just wished I started earlier...
Am desperate in making stuff happen can I perfect php under 1yrs coz am already good on html and css
Can I learn this in a year??
-JavaScript
-php
-jQuery
-MySQL

Help please
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 25, 2016
nah bro...... you are good with html and css right, then start building fun and personal sites for yourself. practice is the word for every programmer..... while practising, you can then continue learning....... go for javascript next, then php.... revist your html and css regularly also........
with patience and flexibility, you'll soon be the go to guy

3 Likes

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by godofbrowser(m): 1:17am On Jul 25, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Am 17yrs and I started programming 2month ago just wished I started earlier...
Am desperate in making stuff happen can I perfect php under 1yrs coz am already good on html and css
Can I learn this in a year??
-JavaScript
-php
-jQuery
-MySQL

Help please

nothing is impossible. I learnt all those in a year or less. but before then, I had knowledge of c an c++ only. I fell in love with programming while in 300level studying mathematics. c++ was our mth319. that was two years ago. during my final year, I merged studies with Web Development Cos of my burning desire to code. I learnt html and css from w3schools and on getting to javascript I felt it was impossible to learn this on my own, talk more of in a year. but then, i was fortunate to be learning from a site with try it urself editor. I played around with the codes while learning. headed to php and did several small projects like a login and registration site, comment system, etc
. while learning php, I read about dynamic websites and did some Ajax with javascript. then dived into WordPress theme making. it took me a while to learn jquery Cos I felt comfortable with javascript. but then, I think I prefer jquery now. and that's how u continue to grow in knowledge even though u have no one to teach u, just be sure to spend money on Internet subscriptions Cos the wwweb is a knowledge bank. and in whatever u do, apply wisdom. Programming can be a gap between u and ur loved ones if u become an addict. and it can make u tired of life at times especially when what u dunno is more than what u know.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by danidee10(m): 9:03am On Jul 25, 2016
godofbrowser:

nothing is impossible. I learnt all those in a year or less. but before then, I had knowledge of c an c++ only. I fell in love with programming while in 300level studying mathematics. c++ was our mth319. that was two years ago. during my final year, I merged studies with Web Development Cos of my burning desire to code. I learnt html and css from w3schools and on getting to javascript I felt it was impossible to learn this on my own, talk more of in a year. but then, i was fortunate to be learning from a site with try it urself editor. I played around with the codes while learning. headed to php and did several small projects like a login and registration site, comment system, etc
. while learning php, I read about dynamic websites and did some Ajax with javascript. then dived into WordPress theme making. it took me a while to learn jquery Cos I felt comfortable with javascript. but then, I think I prefer jquery now. and that's how u continue to grow in knowledge even though u have no one to teach u, just be sure to spend money on Internet subscriptions Cos the wwweb is a knowledge bank. and in whatever u do, apply wisdom. Programming can be a gap between u and ur loved ones if u become an addict. and it can make u tired of life at times especially when what u dunno is more than what u know.

Lol....i was so naive then, I thought jquery was a language on its own....i saw the framework part in the docs but I didn't even bother to research exactly what that meant.i Iearnt jquery first before I had to go back to pure us

My js skills are just average.. If anything gets too hard I quickly run back to jquery. Its so convenient cheesy
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by ukorsimplicity(m): 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
It great to see that at your age you keen on learning this technologies.
Yes you can learn all of that in a year, but perfection comes as you practice, you might also want to add "how to work with github to your list".

Personally when i train people I like to stop in the middle and teach them how to collaborate with other developers, so i teach git and github. It is very easy.

http://www.w3schools.com is a good place to start.

Cheers and happy coding.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:00am On Jul 27, 2016
godofbrowser:

what's the difference between JavaScript and jQuery
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:04am On Jul 27, 2016
ukorsimplicity:
It great to see that at your age you keen on learning this technologies.
Yes you can learn all of that in a year, but perfection comes as you practice, you might also want to add "how to work with github to your list".

Personally when i train people I like to stop in the middle and teach them how to collaborate with other developers, so i teach git and github. It is very easy.

http://www.w3schools.com is a good place to start.

I started with htmldog then moved to w3schools am done with html and css just the php and JavaScript including library And database...

thanks but don't know how to use github I have account already...

Cheers and happy coding.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:05am On Jul 27, 2016
nelsonchrisx:
nah bro...... you are good with html and css right, then start building fun and personal sites for yourself. practice is the word for every programmer..... while practising, you can then continue learning....... go for javascript next, then php.... revist your html and css regularly also........
with patience and flexibility, you'll soon be the go to guy
thanks and please what's a framework and how to make use of it
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by godofbrowser(m): 2:42am On Jul 27, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

what's the difference between JavaScript and jQuery
javascript is a scripting language, while jquery is a javascript framework.
in other words, jquery is like a shortcut to javascript codes.

1 Like

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
^^^In addition to what the poster above me said, you still need to learn RAW JAVAScript whether you like it or not. You cannot truly be a javaScript expert if you mastered jQuery without mastering regular javaScript.

There was a javaScript textbox I read a long time ago like 15years+, long lost now.
After introducing a person to javaScript, it then has a whole section on "javaScript as a language", this covers the nitty gritty of javaScript, before it now talks about "javaScript as a script language for the web".
It is for this reason that I learnt the principles of using javaScript to build viruses, automate some windows tasks i.e. running javaScript outside the browser environment etc

1 Like

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Okay lets say

If am usinq javascript framework can i apply php

Or is purely javascript only..
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
^^Any of the above

1 Like

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by godofbrowser(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^In addition to what the poster above me said, you still need to learn RAW JAVAScript whether you like it or not. You cannot truly be a javaScript expert if you mastered jQuery without mastering regular javaScript.

There was a javaScript textbox I read a long time ago like 15years+, long lost now.
After introducing a person to javaScript, it then has a whole section on "javaScript as a language", this covers the nitty gritty of javaScript, before it now talks about "javaScript as a script language for the web".
It is for this reason that I learnt the principles of using javaScript to build viruses, automate some windows tasks i.e. running javaScript outside the browser environment etc

wow! ... 15years ago... pls carry me on your shoulders sir, I'll be glad if you can mentor me. Let me learn from your experience.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2016
godofbrowser:

wow! ... 15years ago... pls carry me on your shoulders sir, I'll be glad if you can mentor me. Let me learn from your experience.

Actually 17years ago i.e. 1999, that was when i first started using javaScript. O boy, e don tale small o, looks just like yesterday.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18:

Actually 17years ago i.e. 1999, that was when i first started using javaScript. O boy, e don tale small o, looks just like yesterday.
Lolz boss Sharevites will be ready tomorrow for reviews and testinq.
Will be needinq your help as kinq troll....
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
After all the regular e-trolls have tested, that is when the king troll shall come in.

1 Like

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by godofbrowser(m): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18:

heheheheheh... u know why I'm laughing? Cos then, I didn't have a phone to talk of having a pc. in fact, 1999 was that year I was thinking the world was about to end Cos I was wondering now that the year is "99", it means calender don full. so maybe the earth might get destroyed so as to restart the counting. #thinkingLikeAKid

1 Like

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
I had no phone at that time too talkless of KOMPUTER. I go about looking for any computer to use, even learnt how to hack cyber-cafe timers just so i can have something to use as test sample.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by ukorsimplicity(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

I started with htmldog then moved to w3schools am done with html and css just the php and JavaScript including library And database...

thanks but don't know how to use github I have account already...

That good, I will post resources to guild you with git and github. Build your php skills. Send me pm or quote me if you run into any glitch.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18:
After all the regular e-trolls have tested, that is when the king troll shall come in.

Sir please helep me answer this qwestion.

how does nairaland (miss/mr) voting work?

how do they count the votes?
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by tr3y(m): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18 don't mind that cryptonite guy, I billed him 500K to help him rig NL election but he want to play smart.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
They count the votes auto-manually, but i have warned all of you to leave me out of the voting. In fact, i dont want to know - i am disinterested.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2016
ukorsimplicity:

That good, I will post resources to guild you with git and github. Build your php skills. Send me pm or quote me if you run into any glitch.

thanks
posted the Resource to use github?
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:17am On Jul 29, 2016
dhtml18:
okay sir Just 1step then I shall post it here..
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by godofbrowser(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
dhtml18:
I had no phone at that time too talkless of KOMPUTER. I go about looking for any computer to use, even learnt how to hack cyber-cafe timers just so i can have something to use as test sample.
Now that's determination.
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
godofbrowser:

Now that's determination.
Thank you very much jare. I just thank God for giving the wisdom to do that, now it is all paying off.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
dhtml18:

Thank you very much jare. I just thank God for giving the wisdom to do that, now it is all paying off.
boss Not Easy Oo
. was Thinking would finish editing today but not possible...
maybe will be done tomorrow morning....
will Need Testing Before Publishing...

you Can Visit the Site...you know d domain I guess
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
You did a good job. See, it is not about time race,
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
dhtml18:
You did a good job. See, it is not about time race,
thanks Still Workinq To Bring Out the Best...
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
There's no way to style the header because no page for styling only a Page for Custom Css

Don't know if I can put this in the custom css

#header {
color:white;
background-color:red;
}

or this

h1 {
bgcolor:red;
}

That's the problem now
Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 30, 2016
#header {
}

or this

h1 {
}

or

h1 {
background:red;
}

or

.h1 {
background:red;
}

or

h1#header {
}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Those links like
Sharevites Updates
Trendinq Question
Latest Forum Post

Was Built With a Side Bar Widget But Unfortunately Its Only Responsive On Mobile Phone But On Pc It Displays as a sidebar and leavinq the main content blank..

So i have learnt how To Add Those Link To The Main Page Instead Of Sidebar And Footer Using Shortcodes But Not Getting The Real Design When Using It As A Sidebar ...
Today maybe i would learn how to style shortcodes or you have come across stuff like this

>>Naija breaking new..how buhari...
>>New Social Network For Developers.Nairaland.com blah blah blah

I wanna Style this >> maybe red color then text would be black..

Check it out please i checked previous theme so i have not work on the Look n Feel But will Fix Is Tonight..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Ecommerce Shopping App Source Code / Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer / ( At Present)"watch Lucy 2014 Online" #streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.