Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? (3991 Views)

Freshcvvs's Punting Journal To $50-$100 consistent profit (Updated) / Cheap And Reliable Courier Companies Faster And Consistent Than DHL,EMS,ETC / Good Profit In Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,
I have discovered that a lot of people are very much interested in haulage business but do not have the idea, knowlegde and expertise on the business.
Read this write-up and think about it.
THE MARKET
Haulage Services is interesting. The market is wide, hence demand for the services is always per second. As a result of the high rate of importation, the demand for the dispatch of containers boxes is high, thus, the haulage services id getting better day by day.
The list of users include: companies, individuals, agencies, amongst others.
As a business opportunity, anyone that is willing can invest with ease. For a start, you will acquire the following:
(a) Tractor: which is the head, the truck itself
(b)Fourteen tires
(c) Body of the truck: The flat layer where the container boxes will sit on.
   However, haulage services is a good enterprise. Good management is necessary to ensure its survival and profitability

THE INCOME
The rate of return on your investment is high because the patronage is always there. The haulage services is 6days a week, 30 days in a month and 365 days in a year.
The rate of income is also based on the turn-around time of the truck. Because of the constraints such as traffic congestion on the road, mechanical faults, etc, one could experience a little hiccups. But with proper management, the haulage services is a high yielding investment enterprise.
Analysis of income are as follows:
The port management services expects a trucker to go at least two trips of dispatching containers to allocated bonded terminals outside the ports.
For a trip, the trucker is been paid N15000-N16000. The running of the trip has a cost of N6500. Therefore the projected profit per trip is N9,500.

In mathematical form
N9500 per trip( two trips per day is required)
N9500x2 trips = 19000
19000x 6 days =114000
144000x4 weeks =N456000
This is a monthly income for your investment. I want to assure you that this income is realistic. As long as you have the right hands to do the job, you are in for a good ROI(return on investment) over the years, as a lot of people have continue to invest in this business over the years.

This write-up sounds beautiful and sweet and interesting. Hey i tell you every business has its weakness, problems and limitations.
1. The major problem of this great business is the Drivers
2.Your Manager.
3.You are in a rush to make money and got a bad truck. This is what your manager and driver like. They will capitalize on this deficiency and make money for themselves.

1.THE ANTIDOTE: IF YOU CAN GET A GOOD TRUCK  WITH GOOD ENGINE. YOU HAVE 98% EDGE OVER YOUR DRIVER AND MANAGER. WHAT WILL THEY TELL. WHAT HAPPEN.
2. TRACKER:IF  YOU PUT TRACKERS IN YOUR TRUCK, FINISH. i WILL TEACH YOU HOW THAT IS BEEN DONE. THE MOMENT YOU DRIVER PUT ON THE IGNITION FOR THAT DAY, YOU WILL GET ALL HIS MOVEMENT THRU TEXT MESSAGES FROM MTN. 

For more enquires: Contact Tobiloba on 08028292956 or mail me olajidetobiloba@yahoo.com
To your Success.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by CashChaser: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
This sounds like a good idea but how much is your initial investment?
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by mankind77: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
Great explanation, but since managers and drivers are the heart beat of this business, what does it take for one to manage his trucks and sorts out his drivers on agreed condition between both parties, pls kindly explain in details the professionalism it takes for one to manage his trucks personally without involving so called managers. I am consdering going into this business in a way that I will manage my trucks myself. I will really appreciate your concerns and kind response.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2009
Yes, the business needs expertise before u go into it. If you are going to buy a truck in Nigeria, u need an estimate of N4.5m-5m. The appreciation of the dollar against the naira is not helping matters. But if you are in Abroad, anywhere in europe of america, it will not cost you more than 3m.
I have proofs to that.
If u check my first write-up, i wrote that if yolu can geta good truck with a sound engine, u have 98% egde over your driver or manager. That is actaully the truth. Do you know that the life span of a good truck in Nigeria is 5 years.
If you get a good truck, it will take you up to 5 years to work on the engine. Your manager would have to service the truck every 3 months. He needs to that he must service the oil filter, air filter and fuel filter. If he perform this, you will enjoy the business
drop your email and i will send u a comprehensive explanation.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by rawe45: 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
I am interested in the haulage business and I've been thinking about it for a while now, and your post came in at the right time. In your words, you mentioned that A good truck is needed, do you have any idea where One could get GOOD trucks?

I would love to know more about HAULAGE before venturing into it.

My email is rawe42@gmail.com , 0706273870.

Hope to read from you soon.

Once again, thanks for the post
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by CashChaser: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Tobiloba82
This is a great post and it couldnt come at a better time.
i have been thinking along this business but lack proper info.i would be glad if you could forward me a better explanation.
i may need your help as well in the future.
thanks
inno2001@hotmail.com
i appreciate your effort
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by katerenny: 3:17am On Sep 24, 2009
God bless you,This is a great post and it couldnt come at a better time.
i have been thinking along this business but lack proper info.i would be glad if you could forward me a better explanation.
i may need your help as well in the future.Again can you explain in detail how one can run this business profitably with or without owning a truck personally here is my email ; kate.renny@yahoo.com
thankyou
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by mankind77: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
tobiloba82@ Can you recommend the types of trucks with good engine, you feel that will always serve to the best of this business, I have two DAF 95XF and one Daf Cf85, double axle with air suspension (Balloon) waiting to be shipped from the UK, they're all right hand drive and can easily be converted, indicate your comments about these trucks and the options in this field of haulage. Below is my email address you can easily communicate with me. ingoditrust77@yahoo.com
Thanks for your concerns.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Isisasi: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
please explain
lanreajakaiye@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sorry guys. i will respond to all your enquiries tomorrow by 12pm.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by remioshy(f): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
@Tobiloba82
This is a great post and it couldnt come at a better time.
i will need your help as well in the future.
thanks
remioshy@yahoo.com
i appreciate your effort
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by viperman: 10:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
yo man,

Great post. Kindly add me to the message blast:

lexfrosty@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Limeone(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2009
nice write-up Tobi
my email address is olayinka11@hotmail.com. Expecting your info soonest
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by kay80(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2009
tobiloba82:

Yes, the business needs expertise before u go into it. If you are going to buy a truck in Nigeria, u need an estimate of N4.5m-5m. The appreciation of the dollar against the naira is not helping matters. But if you are in Abroad, anywhere in europe of america, it will not cost you more than 3m.
I have proofs to that.
If u check my first write-up, i wrote that if yolu can geta good truck with a sound engine, u have 98% egde over your driver or manager. That is actaully the truth. Do you know that the life span of a good truck in Nigeria is 5 years.
If you get a good truck, it will take you up to 5 years to work on the engine. Your manager would have to service the truck every 3 months. He needs to that he must service the oil filter, air filter and fuel filter. If he perform this, you will enjoy the business

@ tobilola
Kindly add me to your mailing list. I am about to go into this business. Please send mail to folashnigeria@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by kay80(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
tobiloba82:

I have proofs to that.

@ tobilola
 Kindly add me to your mailing list. I am about to go into this business. Please send mail to folashnigeria@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2009
By his grace, i will send you an attachment on Monday. Take time to read it and come out with your conclusions. Ask me anything. i will reply. I am trying to search for the file where i saved the main explanation on this biz.
Anything you read therein is just me. i am the biz, the biz is me.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by kay80(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2009
tobiloba82:

By his grace, i will send you an attachment on Monday. Take time to read it and come out with your conclusions. Ask me anything. i will reply. I am trying to search for the file where i saved the main explanation on this biz.
Anything you read therein is just me. i am the biz, the biz is me.

Thanks. Will be expecting.

folashnigeria@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Risso(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
Well done bros, Nice thread

Please cc me as well -

risso71@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Oct 03, 2009
Fhemmmy@gmail.com

Pls add me to you list of info too.

Also, can i use a volvo truck head for this or must it be a MACk, cos i know Nigerians are mack-crazy

I get access to nice, reliable and affordable Volvo truck heads, will post some pix
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2009
Will this kinda truck head work

Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by beholddean: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
@tobiloba
Please send d info to me too. walelawx@yahoo.com
Thx
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by kay80(m): 9:33am On Oct 06, 2009
kay80:

Thanks. Will be expecting.

folashnigeria@yahoo.com

@ tobilola82, We are yet to receive your mail.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by grammy: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2009
Kindly send me more info my email: alukosy@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by hauler: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2009
This Tobi Guy is lying, i actually went to lagos to do a feasibility study myself and  there are a lot of hidden costs that he chooses not to mention. You will obviously find this out for yourself when its too late to go back! He doesn't mention that you will also need to buy a flatbody for the truck, which will not cost you less that 2million naira for a decent one. You CANNOT rent a flatbody cos it will be in a very bad condition, and you will spend nearly as much as buying a new one to fix something you don't own.
If the flatbody/flatbed doesn't have container hooks installed, then you will need to install the hooks  and this will not cost you any less that 120 thousand naira. The papers for the truck will cost another 50 thousand naira, and then you have to question OP numbers cos you will NOT get work every single day of the week!
I think it is safe to say that you will only get work an average of 3 times a week. If you doubt this go to the port yourself and see how many truck are out there  queuing for work. When the truck loads a container, it sometimes takes a day to offload the container at the destination and the cant load a another until they return the one they delivered.
If the Original poster wants to contest want i am saying then let him respond to this, but guys please take what i am saying into consideration, all that glitters is not gold, a word is enough for the wise!

By the way any truck with a balloon suspension [air ride] is a no no for Nigeria, dont let the poster convince you otherwise. If the balloon suspension has a fault, thats the beginning of the end for the truck.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
I did not mention the total cost of investing in the business in the little write-up and all you did was to accuse me of not mentioning the cost of the flat bed. If you are buying a truck, won't you need a flat bed? Of course you need one.
Your feasibility study will never be enough if you want to do haulage biz not until you get the experience from people who are into it.
Don't discourage people who have interest in the biz. you sit down there criticizing people when people are making money day in day out in the biz.
Who is talking about papers for the truck, little boy? Don't you need papers for your truck.

Who among your friends have trucks and have told you that his truck has not been working? Or do you have one?
Let me ask you a question.
1. What is ICD.
2. What is delivery.
3.who are the transporters in the ICD.
4 Make mention of all Maersk line bonded terminals.
If you can answer the questions through the so called feasibility you made, i will keep my mouth shut forever on this thread.

Anyway, young guys of your age are doing fine in the biz. they have more than one trucks.
From my deductions, you are interested in the biz, but don't know how to go about it.You are still angry with yourself because you were unable to get it right.  Ask question from people and you will learn.

For those that have dropped their mails. Expect it latest before 12pm tomorrow. Been busy.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by hauler: 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2009
I don't think you know what you're talking about, for your information i have two trucks at the moment and i was lured into the biz by someone like you with a sweet tongue. You are throwing aroung words like ICD and delivery, what has that got to do with the investment. If a flatbed cost over 2million naira, don't you think it's something you need to mention to a potential investor that has no idea about the business? Also the flatbed needs hooks that will cost over 120 thousand naira, and you reply is "wont you need a flatbed?". What kind of response is that when you are dealing with people who have never done the biz before?
To anyone who is actually taking this guy serious i advise you to send your own people to weigh the pros and cons of starting this biz before jumping into it. It's not rocket science, if over 100 trucks or more are queuing for load daily, do you think the will be able to make 2 trips per day like this guys is proposing? Not to talk of the time it takes to off load the container a the destination, and they have to line up for that too, then return the container.
Mr poster be truthful about what you are saying, you are basically trying to lure people into giving you their truck for you to manage, and you forget that this is people's hard earned money. There is no way you can deliver that amount you have come up with cos the trucks will never load that often to be able to make that money.
There is no need to get mad because i exposed you, just try and be mature about it. I am in the business already and i visit the ports on a daily basis to keep an eye on my investment, and its still very hard, not to talk of those that are not there to monitor their investment.
Please Nairalanders, send your own people to the port and see what they come up with- don't rely on the info that this guy is providing.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by tobiloba82: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
Bros, don't fight me over what you don't know. You were unable to answer my questions. if you have 2 trucks and you don't get jobs and you can't answer those questions, then the wrong person led you into it. call me i will help you for free. i am not charging you. while your trucks sit down there doing nothing, my truck and the ones i manage have been working.
You said you went to Lagos to do your feasibility study, so who is managing your trucks for you. Stop lying about owning a truck.
Give me one of the plate number of your trucks and i will tell you the last container that truck carried. For your information i work with APMOLLER. I am the business and the business is me.
3 YEARS EXPERIENCE NO BE JOKE OOOO. LEARN AND YOU WILL SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD.

IF YOU NEED JOBS, TELL ME I WILL NOT CHARGE YOU FOR BEING A NAIRALANDER. JUST CALL ME.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by kay80(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ tobilola82,
, yet to receive your mail.

folashnigeria@yahoo.com
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by hauler: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ OP,
My trucks are not idle, if you read my post correctly all im saying to you is that there is No way that the truck can make those trips you are projecting on a daily basis, its just not possible. I dont care if its transfer or delivery. You make it sound like its only your trucks that are on the roads. Thousands of trucks line up there on a daily basis, so how you fly over them and make 3 trips a day still baffles me.
My truck loaded at 5PM [for a delivery] yesterday after staying in line since 11am in the morning, and it didnt leave the port until 7pm! So any Nairalander that is in diaspora please involve your family to look into what this guy is saying, its a scam to lure you into the biz, then story go start. If you go into this biz based on what this guy is saying you will be very disappointed. There is money in it but not the kind this guy is dangling infront of everyone's eyes.You still need to do a lot of modifications to the truck in naija [if you want it to last long on naija roads] if you are bringing it from abroad, and i don't see him addressing any of this. The poster is playing on your greed and a lot of people seem to be falling for it. A word is enough for the wise, i have nothing to gain by responding to this post, all i am asking is that people should confirm this story from a neutral party before shelling out your hard earned money on a truck!
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2009
hauler:

@ OP,
My trucks are not idle, if you read my post correctly all im saying to you is that there is No way that the truck can make those trips you are projecting on a daily basis, its just not possible. I dont care if its transfer or delivery. You make it sound like its only your trucks that are on the roads. Thousands of trucks line up there on a daily basis, so how you fly over them and make 3 trips a day still baffles me.
My truck loaded at 5PM [for a delivery] yesterday after staying in line since 11am in the morning, and it didnt leave the port until 7pm! So any Nairalander that is in diaspora please involve your family to look into what this guy is saying, its a scam to lure you into the biz, then story go start. If you go into this biz based on what this guy is saying you will be very disappointed. There is money in it but not the kind this guy is dangling infront of everyone's eyes.You still need to do a lot of modifications to the truck in naija [if you want it to last long on naija roads] if you are bringing it from abroad, and i don't see him addressing any of this. The poster is playing on your greed and a lot of people seem to be falling for it. A word is enough for the wise, i have nothing to gain by responding to this post, all i am asking is that people should confirm this story from a neutral party before shelling out your hard earned money on a truck!

So why not educate people, if you think the guy is not being real.
Since yu are already in the biz, yu can enlighten us, and we might be able to take the best of both worlds.
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by hauler: 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2009
@Fhemmy,
Thanks for your input, my initial advise would be to get a Mack Truck {R-Model}, if  you are in europe and you don't have access to that then the second choice would be a DAF 95. These two brands of vehicles have an abundance of spare parts and technical expertise at their disposal in Nigeria. Before you purchase any vehicle make sure you get some insight into the business from somebody who is NOT interested in managing the vehicle for you.  There are a lot of hidden expenses that you will still incur  when the vehicle gets to naija that you should be aware of, i still don't see how the OP could fail to mention that the flatbody is a very important part of the purchase and it wont cost you less that 2million to get a good one in Lagos. You can have the best truck in the world, but if your flatbody is not good it makes the truck useless. If anyone has any specific questions i will be glad to answer them and share my experience in the biz.
By the way, Volvo parts are expensive in naija and those trucks you have in your pictures are all sleepers and will be overkill for the kind of job the OP is proposing. If the truck is not going to travel up country there is not need for the sleeper cabin, it will just make your shipping cost more expensive. Try and get a day cab .
Re: Do You Know That There Is Big And Consistent Money In Haulage Business? by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2009
hauler:

@Fhemmy,
Thanks for your input, my initial advise would be to get a Mack Truck {R-Model}, if  you are in europe and you don't have access to that then the second choice would be a DAF 95. These two brands of vehicles have an abundance of spare parts and technical expertise at their disposal in Nigeria. Before you purchase any vehicle make sure you get some insight into the business from somebody who is NOT interested in managing the vehicle for you.  There are a lot of hidden expenses that you will still incur  when the vehicle gets to naija that you should be aware of, i still don't see how the OP could fail to mention that the flatbody is a very important part of the purchase and it wont cost you less that 2million to get a good one in Lagos. You can have the best truck in the world, but if your flatbody is not good it makes the truck useless. If anyone has any specific questions i will be glad to answer them and share my experience in the biz.
By the way, Volvo parts are expensive in naija and those trucks you have in your pictures are all sleepers and will be overkill for the kind of job the OP is proposing. If the truck is not going to travel up country there is not need for the sleeper cabin, it will just make your shipping cost more expensive. Try and get a day cab .

Can you break it down like the other guy did, and if possible, give us some picture, when you say flat bed, what are those, and if the parts is all i have to worry about, i have access to abundance parts in Canada and USA.
So what if the expenses that could be hidden?
What is a possible income and what are they calculations in your own view?
Help us give some math on the forum and we can be able to use that to make decisions

(1) (2) (Reply)

New E-taxi Company Launches In Portharcourt. CEETY TAXI / If 2k daily can take care of your bills, then this is for you. Otherwise skip / Pls Who Amongst Us Knows Efunkoya Johnson, Who Claims To Be Dr Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.