Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,226 members, 7,807,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) (87205 Views)

Behold What Jehovah Witness And Deeper Life Church Saying!! / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by emmydollars4life(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
Maximus85:

Only a true Christian will know that Christ is here already. His disciples asked him of the signs of his presence. Those signs he gave are all here.
Sometimes I get afraid because the way we have provoked God.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Owliver(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
I have one as a friend. he takes weed and goes to strippers club. but when Sunday reaches he carries his brief case Lolz.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by eminex(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Trina0936:
My question still remains
1. why don't they inter-marry with other denominations?
2. Why don't they celebrate their birthdays?
3. Why don't they donate blood to someone dying?
Until they give me a very convincing answer from the bible(not a misinterpreted one) then I can believe their doctrine!
BTW the only thing I find interesting are the scientific innovations found in their 'Awake' magazine! tongue

1. 1 Cor 7:39
2. Ex 40:20-22, Matt 14:1-12
3. Gen 9:3&4, Lev 17:14-16, Acts 15:28&29, Acts 21:25

1 Like

Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
grandstar:

Because the opportunities America offers are far more than in Nigeria. Nigerians are rushing to go the the USA to hustle but Americans are not.

But hope you realize that the few who rush here (nigeria) to invest account for billions of dollars of our GDP, very huge compared to the meagre contribution of the millions rushing to their country (USA).
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

Because America is a better country than Nigeria.

As of today at 5:09pm (Canadian time) on google 1 dollar is equal to 305.25 Nigerian naira

You did not answer my question.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

The general public is the proof.
Put judgement aside,ask the people around you if Jehovah's witness are modest or not?

When two or more people give a testimony,most times it is true.

I just asked my 3 Catholic neighbours now, and they said its a lie, that Catholics are more modest than JW's. Who is telling the truth?
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.”—1 JOHN 5:3.

When you love someone it is only natural that with a complete heart you would want to express this love in action.

But I know two deeper life people who observe Gods commandments, does it mean they don't love God?
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

But I know two deeper life people who observe Gods commandments, does it mean they don't love God?

They do. But how can you know who truly love God.

It's not like you can read hearts or anything. Only Jehovah God can.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

I just asked my 3 Catholic neighbours now, and they said its a lie, that Catholics are more modest than JW's. Who is telling the truth?

You asked your Catholic friends if Jw is better than Catholic? grin Thats funny.

But do it this way,ask people of different religion if another is better than the other. Eg ask Catholic if Jw are more modest than Anglican. Then the truth will come out.
Do same with Anglican.

I was Catholic for 16 years and I left because they are too immoral. If that is what they described as modesty,they still have a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

You did not answer my question.

I did. Read again.

You asked why do people prefer American visas to Nigerian.

And I answered cos their economy and style of living is better.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
eminex:

1. 1 Cor 7:39
2. Ex 40:20-22, Matt 14:1-12
3. Gen 9:3&4, Lev 17:14-16, Acts 15:28&29, Acts 21:25
1. 1 Corinthians 7:,39

[39]A married woman is not free as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, then she is free to be married to any man she wishes, but only if he is a Christian.
I dont see how this correlates with my first question! undecided In effect, JW's are saying they are the only Christians and other denominations aren't. Nice one!

2.Exodus 40:20-22
[20]Then he took the two stone tablets and put them in the Covenant Box. He put the poles in the rings of the box and put the lid on it.
[21]Then he put the box in the Tent and hung up the curtain. In this way he screened off the Covenant Box, just as the Lord had commanded.
[22]He put the table in the Tent, on the north side outside the curtain.
No correlation with the question.

Matthew 14:1-12
[1]At that time Herod, the ruler of Galilee, heard about Jesus.
[2]“He is really John the Baptist, who has come back to life,” he told his officials. “That is why he has this power to perform miracles.”
[3]For Herod had earlier ordered John's arrest, and he had him chained and put in prison. He had done this because of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife.
[4]For some time John the Baptist had told Herod, “It isn't right for you to be married to Herodias!”
[5]Herod wanted to kill him, but he was afraid of the Jewish people, because they considered John to be a prophet.
[6]On Herod's birthday the daughter of Herodias danced in front of the whole group. Herod was so pleased
[7]that he promised her, “I swear that I will give you anything you ask for!”
[8]At her mother's suggestion she asked him, “Give me here and now the head of John the Baptist on a dish!”
[9]The king was sad, but because of the promise he had made in front of all his guests he gave orders that her wish be granted.
[10]So he had John beheaded in prison.
[11]The head was brought in on a dish and given to the girl, who took it to her mother.
[12]John's disciples came, carried away his body, and buried it; then they went and told Jesus.
So just because John the Baptist was beheaded on Herod's birthday is enough reason not to celebrate it. Just one incident in the bible! But God or Jesus never forbade birthday celebration! Okay! Continue!! undecided

3.Genesis 9:3-4
[3]Now you can eat them, as well as green plants; I give them all to you for food.
[4]The one thing you must not eat is meat with blood still in it; I forbid this because the life is in the blood.
How does donating blood to save a life become eating meat with blood?? But you eat beef,chicken and fish abi?? Continue! undecided

Leviticus 17:14-16
[14]The life of every living thing is in the blood, and that is why the Lord has told the people of Israel that they shall not eat any meat with blood still in it and that anyone who does so will no longer be considered one of his people.
[15]Any person, Israelite or foreigner, who eats meat from an animal that has died a natural death or has been killed by wild animals must wash his clothes, have a bath, and wait until evening before he is ritually clean.
[16]If he does not, he must suffer the consequences.
Same as above. undecided

Acts 15:28-29
[28]The Holy Spirit and we have agreed not to put any other burden on you besides these necessary rules:
[29]eat no food that has been offered to idols; eat no blood; eat no animal that has been strangled; and keep yourselves from sexual immorality. You will do well if you take care not to do these things. With our best wishes.”
Same as above undecided

Acts 21:25
[25]But as for the Gentiles who have become believers, we have sent them a letter telling them we decided that they must not eat any food that has been offered to idols, or any blood, or any animal that has been strangled, and that they must keep themselves from sexual immorality.”
Same as the previous two! Saving a human life by donating blood is not the same as eating meat with blood in it! Stop misinterpreting the bible JWs!
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

You asked your Catholic friends if Jw is better than Catholic? grin Thats funny.

But do it this way,ask people of different religion if another is better than the other. Eg ask Catholic if Jw are more modest than Anglican. Then the truth will come out.
Do same with Anglican.

If its that one, they will not even choose Jw. What is the point am trying to make? Prejudice towards other groups makes us to think we are better than others. To tell you the truth, each group is unique in their own way.

I was Catholic for 16 years and I left because they are too immoral. If that is what they described as modesty,they still have a lot to learn.

I quoted a biography last year of a former bethel staff from freeminds.org on this site, who quitted the watchtower and went back to her former religion (Catholism) and claimed it made her more morally pure. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

They do. But how can you know who truly love God.

It's not like you can read hearts or anything. Only Jehovah God can.

That's just it! You took the words straight out of my mouth! cheesy

On they basis of that one cannot accurately claim that only his religion loves God.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

If its that one, they will not even choose Jw. What is the point am trying to make? Prejudice towards other groups makes us to think we are better than others. To tell you the truth, each group is unique in their own way.

I quoted a biography last year of a former bethel staff from freeminds.org on this site, who quitted the watchtower and went back to her former religion (Catholism) and claimed it made her more morally pure. Different strokes for different folks.

You are right. That is why I tell you,depends on what he or she defines as morality.
Different definitions for different people.

A church that weds gay couples,how pure can that be!
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

Do same with Anglican.

Firstly,being a Catholic doesn't mean you know the doctrines of the Catholic church!
Secondly,you are judging by generalizing that they are immoral as if you are more righteous!
Which of cos is also a sin!
Thirdly, you left because you didn't have a close relationship with God but looking for it in the Catholic priests and church members! Same thing you still do in your new found faith! undecided
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

That's just it! You took the words straight out of my mouth! cheesy

On they basis of that one cannot accurately claim that only his religion loves God.

As a group we love Jehovah and we try to do his commandments.

As individuals,only Jehovah knows who belongs to him.

Still it is encouraging to know that at the very least,there are still people who belong to him and to try to be among them.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Sarang(f): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Trina0936:

Firstly,being a Catholic doesn't mean you know the doctrines of the Catholic church!
Secondly,you are judging by generalizing that they are immoral as if you are more righteous!
Which of cos is also a sin!
Thirdly, you left because you didn't have a close relationship with God but looking for it in the Catholic priests and church members! Same thing you still do in your new found faith! undecided

I know it..more than you may know Sis.
I am not more righteous and am not generalizing as per individuals,am talking as a group the religion is not moral.
I left because their teachings are not based on the scriptures. In my new found faith,I'd never leave cos they preach,discipline,love you all from the scriptures.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

You are right. That is why I tell you,depends on what he or she defines as morality.
Different definitions for different people.

A church that weds gay couples,how pure can that be!

Are you insinuating that the Catholic church weds gay couples? Because that's not true.

Am talking about morality that's based on Gods word the bible, or are you talking about something else?

1 Like

Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sarang:

I know it..more than you may know Sis.
I am not more righteous and am not generalizing as per individuals,am talking as a group the religion is not moral.
I left because their teachings are not based on the scriptures. In my new found faith,I'd never leave cos they preach,discipline,love you all from the scriptures.
You are still judging. You can never know them more than I do because I have been there longer than you so pls get facts straight before you judge!
Their teachings are based on the scriptures not the manipulated one you JWs use!
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
paulGrundy:

Are you insinuating that the Catholic church weds gay couples? Because that's not true.

Am talking about morality that's based on Gods word the bible, or are you talking about something else?
You are still arguing with him? Every denomination agrees that Jesus Christ died on a cross but only JWs believe He died on a pole! Isn't that enough to tell you their doctrine is strange??
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by paulGrundy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
Trina0936:

You are still arguing with him? Every denomination agrees that Jesus Christ died on a cross but only JWs believe He died on a pole! Isn't that enough to tell you their doctrine is strange??

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
jagugu88li:

You know very well where I stand when it comes to this matter cheesy

grin grin

I do. Working on it. wink
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by chericleo(f): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
dumo1:

OK can you please explain in points the message you feel is wrong that they are preaching?
. Liking telling me there is no Lake of fire or should I call it hell and God can't destroy his own creation. Like he never destroyed his creations wif water b4 now. Saying dat to people is very wrong because d same merciful God u no is also a consuming fire. Read rev 20:14, 15. U can also read rev 21: 8
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by chericleo(f): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pprovost:

Why do you think their message is wrong and not your own?
.because it's in d Bible dat dere is heaven and hell and also lake of fire and all whose name are not written in d book of life will b cast into d lake of fire. And 1 of dem categorically told me dat God can not destroy his own creation. Plz read rev 21: 8 and rev 20 : 14 and 15.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by chericleo(f): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
eminex:

What is the wrong message?
. There is no hell, Hell and d lake of fire is only for d devil and God cannot destroy his own creation. It's in d Bible dat it was made for d devil but d devil decided dat he would not go alone and as such he is deceiving man making man to commit sin. And d soul dat sinnet shall die and were do u fink d soul of a sinner dat never made peace wif God is going to? Heaven? undecided read rev 21 :8 rev rev 20: 11- 15. And som1 said God can't destroy his own creation Buf I wonder whether d Bible was silent abt d 1st destruction wif water.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
chericleo:
.because it's in d Bible dat dere is heaven and hell and also lake of fire and all whose name are not written in d book of life will b cast into d lake of fire. And 1 of dem categorically told me dat God can not destroy his own creation. Plz read rev 21: 8 and rev 20 : 14 and 15.

Good. Let me ask you a question, is God merciful and kind?
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
Trina0936:

1. 1 Corinthians 7:,39

[39]A married woman is not free as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, then she is free to be married to any man she wishes, but only if he is a Christian.
I dont see how this correlates with my first question! undecided In effect, JW's are saying they are the only Christians and other denominations aren't. Nice one!

What do you understand the scripture mean by saying "in the lord"?

2.Exodus 40:20-22
[20]Then he took the two stone tablets and put them in the Covenant Box. He put the poles in the rings of the box and put the lid on it.
[21]Then he put the box in the Tent and hung up the curtain. In this way he screened off the Covenant Box, just as the Lord had commanded.
[22]He put the table in the Tent, on the north side outside the curtain.
No correlation with the question.

Replace Exodus with Genesis. That was a mistake.

Matthew 14:1-12
[1]At that time Herod, the ruler of Galilee, heard about Jesus.
[2]“He is really John the Baptist, who has come back to life,” he told his officials. “That is why he has this power to perform miracles.”
[3]For Herod had earlier ordered John's arrest, and he had him chained and put in prison. He had done this because of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife.
[4]For some time John the Baptist had told Herod, “It isn't right for you to be married to Herodias!”
[5]Herod wanted to kill him, but he was afraid of the Jewish people, because they considered John to be a prophet.
[6]On Herod's birthday the daughter of Herodias danced in front of the whole group. Herod was so pleased
[7]that he promised her, “I swear that I will give you anything you ask for!”
[8]At her mother's suggestion she asked him, “Give me here and now the head of John the Baptist on a dish!”
[9]The king was sad, but because of the promise he had made in front of all his guests he gave orders that her wish be granted.
[10]So he had John beheaded in prison.
[11]The head was brought in on a dish and given to the girl, who took it to her mother.
[12]John's disciples came, carried away his body, and buried it; then they went and told Jesus.
So just because John the Baptist was beheaded on Herod's birthday is enough reason not to celebrate it. Just one incident in the bible! But God or Jesus never forbade birthday celebration! Okay! Continue!!

What do you think: two birthdays mentioned in the Bible were done by pagans, if you imitate them, are u following good or bad examples? What message do u think the Bible want to pass? It is fact that no true Christian at the time celebrated his birthday. No?

3.Genesis 9:3-4
[3]Now you can eat them, as well as green plants; I give them all to you for food.
[4]The one thing you must not eat is meat with blood still in it; I forbid this because the life is in the blood.
How does donating blood to save a life become eating meat with blood?? But you eat beef,chicken and fish abi?? Continue! undecided

Leviticus 17:14-16
[14]The life of every living thing is in the blood, and that is why the Lord has told the people of Israel that they shall not eat any meat with blood still in it and that anyone who does so will no longer be considered one of his people.
[15]Any person, Israelite or foreigner, who eats meat from an animal that has died a natural death or has been killed by wild animals must wash his clothes, have a bath, and wait until evening before he is ritually clean.
[16]If he does not, he must suffer the consequences.
Same as above. undecided

Acts 15:28-29
[28]The Holy Spirit and we have agreed not to put any other burden on you besides these necessary rules:
[29]eat no food that has been offered to idols; eat no blood; eat no animal that has been strangled; and keep yourselves from sexual immorality. You will do well if you take care not to do these things. With our best wishes.”
Same as above undecided

Acts 21:25
[25]But as for the Gentiles who have become believers, we have sent them a letter telling them we decided that they must not eat any food that has been offered to idols, or any blood, or any animal that has been strangled, and that they must keep themselves from sexual immorality.”
Same as the previous two! Saving a human life by donating blood is not the same as eating meat with blood in it! Stop misinterpreting the bible JWs!

What exactly do u mean, that to take a blood thru the mouth and to inject it into ur veins does not violate the principle behind that law?

We read: Lev 17:11,12

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.

Identify the principle in that law, and tell me how taking a blood into ur veins does not violate that principle.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by chericleo(f): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
Pprovost:

Good. Let me ask you a question, is God merciful and kind?
. He is a merciful God and He was d same merciful God dat destroyed d world wif water and d same merciful God dat destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. And d same merciful God dat will fulfill his word written in d Bible.
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Ibidun07(f): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
opethom:
how you doing today ?
Good good
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
JMAN05:

What do you understand the scripture mean by saying "in the lord"?

Replace Exodus with Genesis. That was a mistake.

What do you think: two birthdays mentioned in the Bible were done by pagans, if you imitate them, are u following good or bad examples? What message do u think the Bible want to pass? It is fact that no true Christian at the time celebrated his birthday. No?

What exactly do u mean, that to take a blood thru the mouth and to inject it into ur veins does not violate the principle behind that law?

We read: Lev 17:11,12

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it. 12 That is why I have said to the Israelites: “None of you should eat blood, and no foreigner who is residing in your midst should eat blood.

Identify the principle in that law, and tell me how taking a blood into ur veins does not violate that principle.

Question: "Should Christians celebrate birthdays?"

Answer: There is no prohibition against a Christian celebrating birthdays in Scripture, nor is there anything to indicate we are required to celebrate them. Scripturally speaking, a Christian’s celebrating a birthday is a non-issue. The Bible does mention two individuals celebrating birthdays: the Egyptian Pharaoh in Joseph’s time (Genesis 40:20), and King Herod in Jesus’ time (Matthew 14:6; Mark 6:21). Some point to these references as evidence that celebrating birthdays is wrong; since both men were non-believing individuals, their birthday celebrations are seen as some form of pagan ritual. However, that conclusion is not readily drawn from either passage. The Bible does not even hint that it was wrong for Pharaoh or Herod to celebrate his birthday. Neither does Scripture anywhere discourage a Christian from celebrating a birthday.

In his epistle to the Romans, Paul addresses the issue of which day should be the day of worship, but perhaps we could also apply this to Christian birthday celebrations: “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord” (Romans 14:5–6). If a Christian celebrates a birthday as a special day, that’s all right; if a believer does not celebrate birthdays, that’s all right, too. Let each be “fully convinced in his own mind.”

Of greater importance than whether or not a Christian celebrates birthdays is how he or she glorifies the Lord in all activities (1 Corinthians 10:31). If a Christian throws a birthday party, the party should glorify the Lord; sinful behavior should not be part of a birthday celebration. If a Christian skips birthdays, he or she should fill his time with things that glorify the Lord.

Whether or not a Christian celebrates a birthday, he should strive for a clear conscience and love of his brothers and sisters in Christ. Those who celebrate birthdays should not despise those who don’t, and those who don’t celebrate birthdays should not look down on those who do. As with all issues not specifically addressed in Scripture, we have the freedom to celebrate or not celebrate birthdays, according to personal preference.

Saving Lives
There is nothing in principle or in Scripture that forbids a person from donating blood. On the contrary, we are commanded to “not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it” (Prov 3:27). I am not saying that you sin if you don’t donate blood but listen to the concept of James statement that “whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin” (James 4:17). Some people of course cannot donate blood for various reasons but for those who can, there is concrete evidence that donating blood saves lives. One of the greatest uses of donated blood is for children who are going through cancer treatments because without a blood transfusion, many of these children would die, therefore, since saving lives is important to the Author of Life (God), donating blood is most certainly not sin.

Finally, I don't understand how a human being will have blood in his/her body and claim that if he donates it to someone else,it automatically becomes sin! Why then do you have blood in your body? remove it so we will know that you are a real Christian! Since humans are now animals! undecided(Bible spoke of animal meat not human flesh).
Even Christ donated His blood to wash away our sins!
Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by mojeer678: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
najib632:
What errors are the Jehovah witnesses making?

Your question seemed sincere, so I'll refer you here: http://www.bible.ca/jw-questions.htm

As for the keyboard warriors fuming about the truth about JWs, Zeal without knowledge is fire without light!. Proverbs 19:2

The internet is awash with the errors of JW. You don't have to search too long.

JW fits the perfect description of a cult, a deceptive sect. By their fruits they're well known. And their rewards await those who refuse to repent. Many are brainwashed and programmed to reject the truth.

See the following:

Four Dangers of the Jehovah's Witnesses

Copyright © 2000 Institute for Religious Research. All rights reserved.
Watchtower Magazines

The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world. It says that all other churches, whether Catholic or Protestant, teach error and that anyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be destroyed by God. However, the facts show that this group is a deceptive sect. Here are four reasons why they should be avoided.

1. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.
"The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect."

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God. For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1, 14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it is God’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the endless punishment of the wicked. Instead they teach that unrighteous people will be annihilated and cease to exist.

However, the Bible clearly teaches the endless punishment of the wicked: Matthew 25:41, 46 — "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels .... Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." See also: Matthew 18:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 14:10, 11; 20:10, 15.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that human beings have a spirit that exists after death. Instead they teach that like animals, a person's life ceases to exist at death.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the human spirit continues a conscious existence after death: 2 Corinthians 5:8 — "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." See also: Luke 16:19-31; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that eternal life in God's presence is only for a select few. They claim that only a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses can be born again and live forever with God in heaven; all other Jehovah's Witnesses stay on earth.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life in the presence of God. The Bible refers to this group as an innumerable multitude: Revelation 7:9, 15 — "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple." See also: John 3:15; 5:24;12:26; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 3:1; 12:22; 2 Peter 1:10,11.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Three-in-One nature of God (Trinity) and teach that Satan invented the doctrine of the Trinity. They reject all the scriptures that identify Jesus Christ as God and the Holy Spirit as God.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are God (John 1:1; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Acts 5:3, 4). It also clearly and forcefully teaches that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; etc.). It teaches that the Three are one — a Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that denies the central teachings of the Bible?

2. The Jehovah's Witnesses Tamper with the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization has produced its own bogus version of the Bible. This version is called the New World Translation. It contains deliberate changes to many verses of Scripture. These changes try to hide the fact that Jehovah's Witness teaching is unbiblical and false.

A Comparison of the Bible and
the Deceptive New World Translation
The Holy Bible The Deceptive
New World Translation

John 1:1 — "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

This is a clear declaration that Jesus (the Word) is God. John 1:1 — "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."

This change was made to support the Jehovah's Witnesses denial that Jesus is God.
Colossians 1:16 — "For by him [Jesus] were all things created ... all things were created by him and for him."

This teaches that Jesus is the Creator of all, and is not a created being himself. Colossians 1:16 — "because by means of him all [other] things were created ... All [other] things have been created through him and for him."

The word "other" has been wrongly added to support the Jehovah's Witnesses false teaching that Jesus himself is a created angel. (1955)
Hebrews 1:8 — "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever."

Note here that God the Father calls Jesus the Son, "God." Hebrews 1:8 — "But with reference to the Son: "God is your throne forever and ever..."

The order of the words has been wrongly changed by the Jehovah's Witness organization to hide the fact that Jesus, (the Son) is called God.

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that tampers with Holy Scripture?

3. The Jehovah's Witnesses Have a History of Failed Prophecies.

The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses claim to speak for Jehovah God with prophetic authority but they have made many prophecies that failed to come true. For example, they predicted that Armageddon and the end of the world would come in 1975. To cover up for this failure, most Jehovah's Witnesses today deny they made this prediction even though it is easily proven from their own literature.1

The Jehovah's Witness organization also predicted that the end of the world would come in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1942. They predicted that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected and return to the earth in 1925. They have been wrong every single time.2 The Bible declares that failed prophecy is a mark of a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:21-22).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization with a history of failed prophecies?

4. The Jehovah's Witness Organization Uses Its Authority Abusively.

In spite of its many failed prophecies, the Jehovah's Witness organization teaches that it is the only true religion, and that only its members are true Christians. It claims that no one can learn spiritual truth apart from them. It also teaches that there is salvation only in joining their organization and everyone but Jehovah's Witnesses will be destroyed at Armageddon.

The Jehovah's Witnesses organization demands that its members obey and accept, unquestioningly, every command and biblical interpretation given by the organization.

For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses organization prohibits the use of blood transfusions. Individual Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to die or let their children die, rather than break this command, even though the Scriptures nowhere teach that blood transfusions are wrong. Any Jehovah's Witness that disobeys this rule is told he will be destroyed at the coming of Armageddon — the time of final judgment.

In this way the leaders use fear and intimidation to keep members obedient to the organization. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses have also used their predictions of the end of the world to put fear into the hearts of their followers.

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that uses its authority abusively?

These four points illustrate the spiritual dangers associated with the Jehovah's Witness organization. Maybe you are wondering "What is the good news of the Bible?" The following four points present the true gospel of Jesus Christ as found in the Bible.

How to find Peace with God

The message of the Bible can be summarized in four simple points:

1. We are separated from the true and living God by our sins.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

2. We cannot save ourselves.
"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin." Romans 3:20
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy." Titus 3:5

3. Jesus Christ is God's remedy for our sin problem.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 1 Peter 3:18a

4. We must personally receive Jesus Christ by faith to have forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
"... if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

If these truths from God's Word have touched your heart, you can respond right now by asking Him to forgive your sins and give you new life in Christ. This simple prayer may guide you in expressing your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Prayer

Almighty and merciful God, I acknowledge that I have sinned against you in my deeds, words, and thoughts. I fall short of your righteousness, and cannot save myself. Thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to shed his blood for me. I ask you to forgive me of all my sins, and I place my trust in Jesus Christ, who died in my place, and who rose from the dead. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: See What Jehovah Witnesses Go Through When Spreading The Gospel (photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
mojeer678:

Your question seemed sincere, so I'll refer you here: http://www.bible.ca/jw-questions.htm

As for the keyboard warriors fuming about the truth about JWs, Zeal without knowledge is fire without light!. Proverbs 19:2

The internet is awash with the errors of JW. You don't have to search too long.

JW fits the perfect description of a cult, a deceptive sect. By their fruits they're well known. And their rewards await those who refuse to repent. Many are brainwashed and programmed to reject the truth.

See the following:

Four Dangers of the Jehovah's Witnesses

Copyright © 2000 Institute for Religious Research. All rights reserved.
Watchtower Magazines

The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world. It says that all other churches, whether Catholic or Protestant, teach error and that anyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be destroyed by God. However, the facts show that this group is a deceptive sect. Here are four reasons why they should be avoided.

1. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.
"The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect."

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God. For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1, 14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it is God’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the endless punishment of the wicked. Instead they teach that unrighteous people will be annihilated and cease to exist.

However, the Bible clearly teaches the endless punishment of the wicked: Matthew 25:41, 46 — "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels .... Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." See also: Matthew 18:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 14:10, 11; 20:10, 15.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that human beings have a spirit that exists after death. Instead they teach that like animals, a person's life ceases to exist at death.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the human spirit continues a conscious existence after death: 2 Corinthians 5:8 — "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." See also: Luke 16:19-31; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that eternal life in God's presence is only for a select few. They claim that only a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses can be born again and live forever with God in heaven; all other Jehovah's Witnesses stay on earth.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life in the presence of God. The Bible refers to this group as an innumerable multitude: Revelation 7:9, 15 — "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple." See also: John 3:15; 5:24;12:26; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 3:1; 12:22; 2 Peter 1:10,11.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Three-in-One nature of God (Trinity) and teach that Satan invented the doctrine of the Trinity. They reject all the scriptures that identify Jesus Christ as God and the Holy Spirit as God.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are God (John 1:1; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Acts 5:3, 4). It also clearly and forcefully teaches that there is only one God (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; etc.). It teaches that the Three are one — a Trinity (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that denies the central teachings of the Bible?

2. The Jehovah's Witnesses Tamper with the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization has produced its own bogus version of the Bible. This version is called the New World Translation. It contains deliberate changes to many verses of Scripture. These changes try to hide the fact that Jehovah's Witness teaching is unbiblical and false.

A Comparison of the Bible and
the Deceptive New World Translation
The Holy Bible The Deceptive
New World Translation

John 1:1 — "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

This is a clear declaration that Jesus (the Word) is God. John 1:1 — "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."

This change was made to support the Jehovah's Witnesses denial that Jesus is God.
Colossians 1:16 — "For by him [Jesus] were all things created ... all things were created by him and for him."

This teaches that Jesus is the Creator of all, and is not a created being himself. Colossians 1:16 — "because by means of him all [other] things were created ... All [other] things have been created through him and for him."

The word "other" has been wrongly added to support the Jehovah's Witnesses false teaching that Jesus himself is a created angel. (1955)
Hebrews 1:8 — "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever."

Note here that God the Father calls Jesus the Son, "God." Hebrews 1:8 — "But with reference to the Son: "God is your throne forever and ever..."

The order of the words has been wrongly changed by the Jehovah's Witness organization to hide the fact that Jesus, (the Son) is called God.

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that tampers with Holy Scripture?

3. The Jehovah's Witnesses Have a History of Failed Prophecies.

The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses claim to speak for Jehovah God with prophetic authority but they have made many prophecies that failed to come true. For example, they predicted that Armageddon and the end of the world would come in 1975. To cover up for this failure, most Jehovah's Witnesses today deny they made this prediction even though it is easily proven from their own literature.1

The Jehovah's Witness organization also predicted that the end of the world would come in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1942. They predicted that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected and return to the earth in 1925. They have been wrong every single time.2 The Bible declares that failed prophecy is a mark of a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:21-22).

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization with a history of failed prophecies?

4. The Jehovah's Witness Organization Uses Its Authority Abusively.

In spite of its many failed prophecies, the Jehovah's Witness organization teaches that it is the only true religion, and that only its members are true Christians. It claims that no one can learn spiritual truth apart from them. It also teaches that there is salvation only in joining their organization and everyone but Jehovah's Witnesses will be destroyed at Armageddon.

The Jehovah's Witnesses organization demands that its members obey and accept, unquestioningly, every command and biblical interpretation given by the organization.

For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses organization prohibits the use of blood transfusions. Individual Jehovah's Witnesses are expected to die or let their children die, rather than break this command, even though the Scriptures nowhere teach that blood transfusions are wrong. Any Jehovah's Witness that disobeys this rule is told he will be destroyed at the coming of Armageddon — the time of final judgment.

In this way the leaders use fear and intimidation to keep members obedient to the organization. The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses have also used their predictions of the end of the world to put fear into the hearts of their followers.

Is it not dangerous to follow an organization that uses its authority abusively?

These four points illustrate the spiritual dangers associated with the Jehovah's Witness organization. Maybe you are wondering "What is the good news of the Bible?" The following four points present the true gospel of Jesus Christ as found in the Bible.

How to find Peace with God

The message of the Bible can be summarized in four simple points:

1. We are separated from the true and living God by our sins.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

2. We cannot save ourselves.
"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin." Romans 3:20
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy." Titus 3:5

3. Jesus Christ is God's remedy for our sin problem.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 1 Peter 3:18a

4. We must personally receive Jesus Christ by faith to have forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
"... if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

If these truths from God's Word have touched your heart, you can respond right now by asking Him to forgive your sins and give you new life in Christ. This simple prayer may guide you in expressing your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Prayer

Almighty and merciful God, I acknowledge that I have sinned against you in my deeds, words, and thoughts. I fall short of your righteousness, and cannot save myself. Thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to shed his blood for me. I ask you to forgive me of all my sins, and I place my trust in Jesus Christ, who died in my place, and who rose from the dead. Amen.
You are 100% correct! They are a CULT! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic / Tiffany Trump And Michael Boulos Visit Pastor Paul Adefarasin In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.