Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate (925 Views)

Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries / Igbos Top Suleja Academy (school 4 D Gifted) Admission List For 2017/2018 - List / WAEC Announces New Fees For Delay In Collecting Certificate - See New Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by stephenduru: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
A Lagos girl has taken to social media to call out Pauliven College,Lagos for allegedly charging students N30,000 before they can collect their WAEC certificates.Below is what she wrote....

'Please my people help share and repost this as it will benefit each and every one of us in one way or the other... Up here I got my SSCE Certificate, most of us who are seeking admission into higher institutions are been requested to present this certificates for verification of result.. I registered and sat for this exam last year and went to pick it up yesterday been 22 /7 /2016.  Could you people imagine that this particular school PAULIVEN COLLEGE, LOCATED AT 8,EZIAMA STREET, TEDI TOWN OPP. OJO BARRACKS, LAGOS. is charging 30,000 from each person before they would release your Cert for you, and after much digging I found out they have been collecting this whole amount for years til date and even as of that yesterday the principal was boldly saying that soon it will be 40,000.. This is the first school I have heard that is taking such big amount, the highest amount other schools will take from you is just 5k, some schools won't even take anything accept 500 or 1k for printing of the result.. Now my question is why do someone have to pay this much for an exam you registered and sat for? Paying 30k is just as if am buying this certificate whereas that's not the case.. Am not saying this just because of me, it was easy for me because am working and I can afford it but how about some parents who can't? Cos my own parents would never give out such money instead they would ask you to go to another school and re write the exam.. They asked me to pay 28k and extra 500 for the printing after I told them they could be sued because of this.. So please let's share this message until it gets to the WAEC Board, the ministry of education or whoever that would help call this school to order, they need to be cautioned.. They are stealing people's hard earned money and it's not fair. I still have younger ones who has to pass through this stage and I know some of us do as well, if this issue is not tackled urgently then am sure other schools will be joining them soon in committing this evil crime.. This is extortion.'

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/lagos-girl-takes-to-social-media-to.html

1 Like

Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
If 50 students graduated from the school and all came back to collect their certificates paying 30k each, that is a cool 1.5 Million for the school. Later these same set of people will blame our politicians for stealing money. Corruption is everywhere. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by ajokeade920: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
Corruption everywhere!
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by K9Uneet(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
EFCC come and see kwaraftion. Abi Na only PDP members kwaraption Una dey handle?
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by fbtowner(m): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
u no even happy say u see d cert collect lol. this is nigeria. anything is possible. in my own school then. a govt sec school. they will not collect money. but u will be coming there up to 8 times before they give it to u. u will even b the one to offer them money so u can get it instant
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by buttercop(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
Just imagine!!! The Ministry of education should do something about it. I paid like #3000 to collect mine from my school then.
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
Not only the school,Matt-mary comprehensive, college, at Adexson,Akensan,igando collects same.

The proprietress is one old fool, who seems certificate collection as a mean to an end..

My niece paid 30k to collect hers there.
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by hpk(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
LEAVE THOSE PEOPLE JARE, TAKE YOUR COMPUTER PRINTOUT TO WAEC OFFICE AT IKORODU. DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORT.
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by calebify1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Something my school gave me free. Na wa oo
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Ksudr(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
An me m here complaining of having paid 3500 to get mine in WAEC office in my state capital.
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Kingy10: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
adeaks:
If 50 students graduated from the school and all came back to collect their certificates paying 30k each, that is a cool 1.5 Million for the school. Later these same set of people will blame our politicians for stealing money. Corruption is everywhere. undecided
If 50 students graduated & only 8 passed nko
Na why the people wey pass go help the unfortunate pay be that grin
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Kingy10: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
30k certificate for just a 10k exam
Should they blame: dollar/student/ministry of education/school principal/private school as a whole....who should be blamed for this rubbish

Some ediota will leave the option I listed & still blame buhari
Re: Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate by Princealex1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
Cant one go to waec office to collect it,i being asked to pay #10k

(1) (Reply)

Students, Don't Waste Your Parents' Money In School In Nigeria / UNIPORT UTME Merit Admission List 2016/2017 Released / Adedayo Osijo From LASU Immerged President Of Lawsan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.