Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade (46618 Views)

If You Think Those In National Assembly Are Idiots, Wait For 2019 - Garba Shehu / Ken Saro Wiwa Vs Nnamdi Kanu: Sarowiwa Was Intelligent - Gen. Akinrinade / We Should Have Allowed Igbos To Secede...Gen. Alani Akinrinade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by medpren: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ex-Army General, Alani Akinrinade warns
Says APC govt taking Nigerians for idiots by including restructuring in its manifesto and reneging on the promise Omoniyi Salaudeen

As debate rages over some basic national questions, an elder statesman, respected Yoruba leader, and former Chief of Defence Staff, General Alani Ipoola Akinrinade (retd), in this interview admonishes the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari to do a restructuring of the country to avoid an imminent break up and also to amend the Constitution to allow any constituent part wishing to leave, to do so peacefully.

Why did you join the army?

Well, like all young people get adventurous, we just decided to try the army. It happened then that some form of advertisement was going on around that time and we tried it. Some of the soldiers who just returned from the Second World War were still around in the villages. And when I left secondary school in 1959, I was motivated by these young Nigerian army officers who just returned. So, I decided to join the military.

Who were you contemporaries in secondary school?

There are many of them. Gen David Jemibewon was one year my junior at Offa Grammar School. Quite a few of them finally ended up in the Navy and Army.

How did you relate with them in the military?

The same kind of assistance you will expect between a senior and a junior. Over and above every other person, they are always your comrade.

What were those pranks you used to play as a school boy?

I was never really a good student. I wasn’t a role model in some of the things we used to do like break bounds, sneak to town from the boarding house to watch a play and so on. Even in the military school, I met some friends who have the same kind of character. We used to enjoy breaking bounds, go to Kaduna township to drink beer and things like that.

How was the military then?

I wouldn’t know because I wasn’t a pure insider. I joined in 1960 shortly before independence. Then, the Nigeria Army was a replicate of Pretoria Army, the British Army, the German Army, the French Army. Though small, it was very efficient and disciplined.

You participated in the civil war. Do you have any regret because the agitation is still on up till now?

We didn’t solve the problem we set out to solve. And I think that is the tragedy of our situation now because we didn’t solve the problem and we don’t seem to want to solve the problem or understand the problem. I was a very young officer then and we just thought to keep Nigeria one was a task that must be done. That was a task set by our Commander-In-Chief. And, of course, what we knew and grew up with was Nigeria. We didn’t quite understand the sociological, economic and political import of how Nigeria was situated at the time. The army itself was a microcosm of Nigeria where everybody met and treated one another like brothers. That was Nigeria we saw and thought it was worth being kept together as our commander-in-chief ordered. But thereafter; for me in particular, it was traumatic because after serving in the Second Division, I had a misfortune of being posted to Bonny where I started my first interaction with people who lived in a completely different environment that I know. It was a completely different world from what I know in Yorubaland. As a young army officer at that time, it was tragic to see how people lived there and the amount of neglect, the amount of lack of care they suffered. Yet, we don’t seem to understand it up till now. Rather, what we are saying is that the people living there are responsible for themselves, but they are not. Our system didn’t allow them to pinpoint people to govern them. People from outside the area dictated to them in the name of parties and things like that. It occurred to me that there was a reason for us to make sure that the East didn’t go there, and if it was going there, it must be with the consent of the people there. Since it wasn’t, the war was justified on that note. But when we followed it up, we didn’t do the right thing.

To be more specific, what were those things you left undone?

As you know, there is a big cry now for restructuring. Successive governments had set up one form of conference or the other to look at ourselves straight in the eye and discuss the problems that had befallen Nigeria and how we could solve them. But we have never acted on any of the reports. We didn’t pay attention to the various aspects of lives of the people who lived in different parts of Nigeria to be able to assist them to develop and become economically viable on their own. And we are not prepared to do it, we only mouth it. We didn’t do anything concrete to really develop the various sectors. The result is what we are getting now. People are discontented and the economy is down. We are a different people. It is a fallacy to say that there is one Nigeria. Yes, we are all black people, we are all Africans. But first and foremost, I am a Yoruba man.

If you ask me, the Nigeria part of it dubious; dubious in the sense that nobody has shown me how we can relate together as brothers. Even the way we were in the 1960s was superficial, though these problems had not arisen. Now, people are more educated. And like Chief Awolowo said: “When the eyes become open and people get more educated and they are aware of their environment, they will start making demands.” He used Sudan as an example, saying that Northern Sudan and Southern Sudan are not the same and that the reason they were staying together was because people were not educated or did not understand their environment. It didn’t take too long before they realized that they were not the same in culture and in religion. Because we Africans are stupid, Sudan didn’t do it the way Czechoslovakia did it in the past. They are still killing one another now. It is as a result of leaving all these problems for too long. If they had solved it, maybe the kind of carnage going on there now would not have happened. In Nigeria, I suspect that even if we are at war, we could not be losing and maiming as many people and destroying as many properties as we are seeing now. In the North-east, there is a real war going on there. In the Southern part, we have the so-called MEND, we tried to pacify them, we didn’t solve the problem. Now, a new group, the Avengers, has emerged. If we solve that one, within a maximum of two years, a new one will emerge again. We are not asking ourselves: why are they doing it? All we do is to damn them, condemn them and call them names. But it is a real problem and it has solution. Everybody is saying the state governments have emasculated the local governments because of joint account and, therefore, nothing is happening. These are not the issues. The issue on ground is that the man in his village must be able to realise that, if they don’t get together and do something native to them, they are not going to survive. But what happens is that there is a big almighty Federal Government in Abuja who knows nowhere at all, deciding everything. If that is the situation with the grassroots and we are not doing anything about it other than to blame the governors and expect Buhari to be a magician and produce things where the basis of production is not there, we are deceiving ourselves. I don’t think most of us realise the kind of danger Nigeria is in right now. There is no easy solution to the problem of unemployment; there is no easy solution to the issue of arrears of salaries of workers that we are all talking about. We know it is callous, but the point is the money is not there.

You have rightly alluded to the fact that every community wants its destiny in its own hand and have a say in the process of choosing its leaders. Will it be right then to lay the blame for the problems Nigeria is confronting today on the doorstep of the military which intervened and introduced a centralized federal structure as against the old regional arrangement?

Yes, it will be right. But the genesis of it is the way the military operates. What the military knows is hierarchical structure.
That is the training of the military man. It is a monolithic institution and people must take orders. You don’t question orders, if it comes from your superior. At a time when we wanted to stop coup, we started by saying people should be able to disobey unlawful orders. But the question was: what is unlawful? So, we were stuck there. That was why it was impossible for us to stop people from coalescing together to topple a government. But even before the military left, these issues had come up and people were beginning to realise that we were facing a wrong direction. The point is: what has stopped us as a people to decide and go for the better option, having seen the two sides of the coin? When we had no resource at all, we ran the three regions but later four, very efficiently.

All regions were competing among themselves. Some of the infrastructures they created, we have never been able to replicate them. Again, most of the roads you see in Nigeria today were built in the earlier part of the military regime. If there was anything added after 1966 when we started giving command everywhere, it was during Gowon’s time and a little more thereafter. Under Gowon, there was a very experienced old corps in government. It was during Murtala’s era that we created the greatest havoc that put paid to development in Nigeria by disorganizing the civil service. We didn’t just disorganize them, we also demoralized them. You can trace part of this corruption that we are fighting today to that era. People didn’t have security again. What they thought was their future didn’t exist anymore. This must be part of the reasons people started stealing, amassing wealth and keeping it for their future. The original civil service, the army, the airforce and everything, which we had, which was a government institution had the means to cater for you from the day you join till the day you die. To build a house was no problem. Even as a third class clerk, you could borrow money to buy a bicycle to ride to work. There were means of paying for all these things without really turning you into a beggar. All that disappeared overnight. Of course, there is no reason anywhere in the world why anybody should be dishonest, but we must also look at our environment. What stops us from looking at these problems now that we’ve all realised where things went wrong? Now, we are in a new tragedy.

[b]When APC put up its manifesto, they said they were going to look very closely at the constitution and that they were going to do a restructuring of the country. In the past two weeks, we have heard, though people are trying to retrace their steps, the Presidency saying there is nothing like restructuring. Then, we heard the Vice President (Yemi Osinbajo) saying ‘no, what we need is good governance and not restructuring’. After that, we heard their National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, saying another thing. Do they think we are idiots? They were the ones who signed the manifesto and led us down the garden park and then the dog is barking and you say no we are the first to run away. That is what they are doing to us. We are not going to allow it. This is another opportunity to do something. I am not sure whether the last conference answered all the questions. But if it didn’t, what I expected from this government is a declaration to say this is the step we are determined to take. And I think people will accept it. But to tell us there is no restructuring, we are not going to take it. Nigeria is going nowhere without restructuring.[/b]

You participated in a 30-month civil war without borrowing a dime from anywhere even without oil. How do you feel now watching the ex-service chiefs being put on trial for looting and carting away money meant for arms purchase?

There is no part of population that is outside the sociological environment of the country. So, the military is one of them. They send their children to the same school; they also have to look after their wives and their children. Don’t forget, during the purge, the military also suffered. I know a number of people in the military who were wrongly thrown out. For example, Mobolaji Johnson of Lagos State was thrown out before they found out that he didn’t have a dime of anybody’s money. The same thing Oluwole Rotimi who was in Ibadan and quite a good number of other people. I think both the military and the civil servants that were thrown out had the same kind of feeling. So, I am not too surprised even though I abhor people doing wrong things like stealing. Stealing is not tolerated in any society. But we created that atmosphere.

Again, in the days when we were fighting the war, politicians didn’t spend a dime to get elected. Their party members contributed money. At least I know of the Action Group and the NCNC. You must contribute to have a party card. Then, there was sanity. Awolowo was then the commissioner for finance. How are you going to steal money? Isong was in the Central Bank. Who is going to face him and say he should bring out money from the vault without proper authorization? Gradually, we lost all that. But now, people obtain the party cards to draw money out. That is why you are hearing of billions of naira carried in aeroplane to fund election of a state. That alone can destroy the economy.

It appears Yoruba are the least prepared for any eventuality. What is the plan B for the Yoruba nation in the event of breakup of Nigeria?

I see the danger in its real stark reality. The stark reality is that it is difficult to keep Nigeria one the way it is now. I don’t nurse the idea that one day conflagration will come and everybody will carry gun like Sudan or Yugoslavia. I think the world has gone a little beyond that. Nigerians have been educated enough to know the danger of a big commotion. Before it g commotion. Before it comes to that, it is very likely we will get a little bit of sanity and then decide how we really want to live together. If we don’t restructure, these agitations will go on. What is going to happen is that we are going to be poorer than we are now. Maybe then our eyes will open to know that there is no central government in Abuja that is going to do any magic to put us together. I hope we will be sensible enough not to allow everybody to just walk away, but it is quite possible now because we have not removed the reasons for these separatist agitations.

Looking at the worst scenario, do you see a peaceful breakup of Nigeria?

People in my position don’t advocate a breakup. But do you know how many wars they fought in Eritrea? They have been at it for over 30 years. When you see an Eritrean and Ethiopian, you can never know the difference. But if you mistakenly say you are from Ethiopia and the other person happens to be an Eritrean, that is when he will blow up your face. That is how close these people are and they fought for almost 30 years. In the end, Eritrea was allowed to go. Whatever remained of Ethopia, when they now got together, they did a constitution that made it possible for any of the federating units to go out of the union without carrying any arm. The procedure was to conduct a referendum and with 51 percent, you are good to go. I think if this government is smart, that is the route they should take. They should create new articles, which will allow any constituent part of the federation to go without carrying gun. When we fought Biafra, we didn’t take the land. They are the same people who are still there today. So, what is this madness and fixation about one person being in control of the entire country? Let’s leave peacefully so that we can eat together when I come to your house. Somebody has to call the bluff of everybody. And tell us if you want to go, tell us where your boundary will be. If Nigeria never discovered oil, are we not going to survive? After all, there are more arid countries that don’t live on oil. If we remove this rent syndrome, everything will be given unto us.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-must-restructure-or-break-up/

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by sarrki(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afenifere

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by NaijaMutant(f): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
CLICK LIKE IF YOU THINK MOST OF HIS PEOPLE ARE I.DIOTS

CLICK SHARE FOR HEROES LIKE HIM WHO STILL SPEAKS UP EVEN AMONG I.DIOTS

84 Likes 161 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by nigeriafilm(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
APC don't think you are idiots. APC know you are idiots. APC knows all their followers are idiots.
But the mistake they make is,they think all Nigerians are their followers

396 Likes 50 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by NaijaMutant(f): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
sarrki:
Afenifere
Real Yoruba elders not some brown teeth drug lord leading his zombie subjects into slavery just like Afonja

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by santino09: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
This general just said the truth, but some tribalistic fools and political slaves will still resist n reject. Nigeria needs restructuring, its the only way forward. Concerned citizens should come out in mass n tell the world our mind. Together we can bring about a positive change.

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
santino09:

This general just said the truth, but some tribalistic fools and political slaves will still resist n reject. Nigeria needs restructuring, its the only way forward. Concerned citizens should come out in mass n tell the world our mind. Together we can bring about a positive change.

General Alani Akinrinade is consistent in what he believes is the best way forward for Nigeria.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by dokiOloye(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Thank God few Yoruba men are speaking out against d malfeasance currently going on cos I was beginning to brand every Yoruba man as two faced and a hypocrite.
B4 d coming of Buhari,the pppl who made s most noise abt restructuring d country was d old AD/AC/ACN led by Tinubu wc later melted into d APC but a whole pastor(Osunbade) who is supposed to be d highest ranking member of that group recently told us that restructuring and regionalism isn't what Nigeria needs.
Look at d wide scale murder of christians and christian communities going on in d north,yet I don't see any prominent Yoruba person in Govt or APC hierarchy condemning it publicly.
By now,it is obvious that Booohari isn't fighting corruption but only fighting his enemies yet d usually noisy Lagos-Ibadan press is silent.
What about d lopsided nature of Booohari's appointments?Yet none of these ppl are speaking up.
It's now obvious that Booohari did not write WAEC and is using only a letter of recommendation from his principal to govern 200 million Nigerians yet Falana who used to decieve ppl that he is a human rights activist is even in his legal team and d usually mouthy Yoruba intelligentsia is unusually quiet.
I could go on and on.
Thumbs up to Gen Akinrinade.

237 Likes 20 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by mazichika: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
See real yeruba talking not these kids we have here on nairaland

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by TippyTop(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Damn! This interview was a great eye opener. Long article but worth the time, a real masterpiece.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by RZArecta(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
The General is a wailer grin he is an iPod tout grin he is a Niger Delta militant. He ate our yams tongue

Good morning Nigeria

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Pavarottii(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
He has said it all... restructing is the only way. If not we will just keep going round and round in circle.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
RZArecta:
The General is a wailer grin he is an iPod tout grin he is a Niger Delta militant. He ate our yams tongue

Good morning Nigeria

The General did not just wake up one morning and started asking for a restructured country, he has been consistent.
He is different from the people who kept quiet and enjoyed the "yam" with Jonathan while shouting Jonathan till 2099, and as soon as Jonathan lost the "yam" they suddenly changed to be the most vocal advocates for restructuring, that is called hypocrisy.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by ATERI(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aigbofa:

General Alani Akinrinade is consistent in what he believes is the best way forward for Nigeria.

Really? Even when PDP was in power? I ask because he used to be very close to Obasanjo.

5 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by rash47(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
I have always like this man,he appears like putin to me,always brutally frank.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Ratello: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
One of the few Yoruba men I still doff my hat for anytime, any day. A forthright analyst who will always say it as it is. Nigeria needs restructuring and I can only pity Buhari stance on the future of Nigeria. He is playing with fire.

14 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
PLEASE EEP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by OlujobaSamuel: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
ATERI:

Really? Even when PDP was in power? I ask because he used to be very close to Obasanjo.
he is closer to tinubu than obj. he has been an advocate of restructuring since the days of AD, guess that's why he is angry with osinbajo and oyegun.

16 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by PenSniper: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
dokiOloye:
Thank God few Yoruba men are speaking out against d malfeasance currently going on cos I was beginning to brand every Yoruba man as two faced and a hypocrite.
B4 d coming of Buhari,the pppl who made s most noise abt restructuring d country was d old AD/AC/ACN led by Tinubu wc later melted into d APC but a whole pastor(Osunbade) who is supposed to be d highest ranking member of that group recently told us that restructuring and regionalism isn't what Nigeria needs.
Look at d wide scale murder of christians and christian communities going on in d north,yet I don't see any prominent Yoruba person in Govt or APC hierarchy condemning it publicly.
By now,it is obvious that Booohari isn't fighting corruption but only fighting his enemies yet d usually noisy Lagos-Ibadan press is silent.
What about d lopsided nature of Booohari's appointments?Yet none of these ppl are speaking up.
It's now obvious that Booohari did not write WAEC and is using only a letter of recommendation from his principal to govern 200 million Nigerians yet Falana who used to decieve ppl that he is a human rights activist is even in his legal team and d usually mouthy Yoruba intelligentsia is unusually quiet.
I could go on and on.
Thumbs up to Gen Akinrinade.

Yoruba, yoruba and yoruba. How many from your own timid region have been speaking for a change ?
Chiefs Ayo Adebanjo and Reuben Fasoranti never let up on the inevitability of restructuring.
Recently, Yinka Odumakin took a fellow yoruba, Osinbajo to the cleaners in a brilliant article for daring to speak against restructuring.
Are all these men not Yorubas again or is it only the Yoruba that is saddled with speaking against injustice ?
Rather than treating an issue objectively on its merits or dimerits, it has become an obsession for people with parochial tendencies to bring in tribal colourations.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by coolscott(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
PenSniper:

Yoruba, yoruba and yoruba. How many from your own timid region have been speaking for a change ?
Chiefs Ayo Adebanjo and Reuben Fasoranti never let up on the inevitability of restructuring.
Recently, Yinka Odumakin took a fellow yoruba, Osinbajo to the cleaners in a brilliant article for daring to speak against restructuring.
Are all these men not Yorubas again or is it only the Yoruba that is saddled with speaking against injustice ?
Rather than treating an issue objectively on its merits or dimerits, it has become an obsession for people with parochial tendencies to bring in tribal colourations.
[size=13pt]There are some things you should just ignore. The only concern is if you ignore utterances born of inferior intellect, there is the risk of such utterances attracting endorsements from the public as time goes on. We all know that the things the public ends up believing do not always make sense.[/size]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well, Nigeria has always been divided. What's left is the physical separation but with a genuine attempt at restructuring, there's hope.

But I doubt if the APC, as against its own manifesto, is going to look in that direction. PMB has since frowned at it. VP has also voiced against it but these voices aren't enough to drown our calls for restructuring.

Whether or not the FG likes it, nature has its own ways of balancing put injustices. A violent separation awaits this country if 'the powers that be ' don't follow the path of wisdom. They can only postpone the evil day.

The current structure of Nigeria is an enemy to peace and development. It's an invitation to anarchy and chaos. It's my hope these lazy leaders will listen.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by PenSniper: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
ATERI:

What sense have you made here ?
Alani Akinrinade has always been consistent in his demand for restructuring. He condemned Obasanjo's conference as a sham.
Even whilst some of our elders in the SW were singing praises of the outcome of 2014 confab report, he gave it the knocks saying the Yoruba did not get what they desired from the conference - a recourse to full regionalism.
For your info, he is closer to Tinubu than Obasanjo but went against the former when he and APC took a stand against the conference.
That is principle.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by PenSniper: 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]There are some things you should just ignore. The only concern is if you ignore utterances born of inferior intellect, there is the risk of such utterances attracting endorsements from the public as time goes on. We all know that the things the public ends up believing do not always make sense.[/size]

Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by ATERI(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
PenSniper:

What sense have you made here ?
Alani Akinrinade has always been consistent in his demand for restructuring. He condemned Obasanjo's conference as a sham.
Even whilst some of our elders in the SW were singing praises of the outcome of 2014 confab report, he gave it the knocks saying the Yoruba did not get what they desired from the conference - a recourse to full regionalism.
For your info, he is closer to Tinubu than Obasanjo but went against the former when he and APC took a stand against the conference.
That is principle.

In 8 years that a fellow Yoruba was the President of Nigeria, he granted many interviews but I can only recall one occasion when Gen. Akinrinade talked about restructuring. Should he become President of Nigeria, he is likely to wait for his last year in office before talking about it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by ATERI(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
he is closer to tinubu than obj. he has been an advocate of restructuring since the days of AD, guess that's why he is angry with osinbajo and oyegun.

That is the point, even Osinbajo? They say all the right stuff when they are not in power, let them get there and see. Anyway, those of us in our 30s-50s can`t complain. At least our Founding Fathers and the likes of Gen Akinrinade sacrificed something for the sake of Nigeria. Imagine an Awo or Zik among my generation today, he would simply say he doesn`t want to fight the white man for independence so as not to jeopardize his chances of going to visit London

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by porka: 2:24am On Jul 25, 2016
When Lt. Gen. Alani Akinrinade was busy defending Buhari in a paddy paddy military camaraderie style, he didn't bargain for the outcome.

He was one of the people they used his moral authority to sell Buhari.

Why is Pa Akinrinade granting this interview now? Should we assume he no longer have access Buhari, Tinubu and Oshinbajo directly?

Why is he telling us these?

It is going to a year now that the APC blatantly denied all the promises they made, why did he not talk then? Did he not hear then? Or did he think they will change their minds? Did he somehow think they the 'restructuring promise' would be treated differently from other 'promises'?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by funlord(m): 2:41am On Jul 25, 2016
Another wailing old soldier man!

They are all very good at only analysing the nations problems in papers or once they stop getting egunje from their homies in power!

5 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by BlackSeptember: 3:59am On Jul 25, 2016
nigeriafilm:
APC don't think you are idiots. APC know you are idiots. APC knows all their followers are idiots.
But the mistake they make is,they think all Nigerians are their followers
WORD

3 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by BlackSeptember: 4:00am On Jul 25, 2016
RZArecta:

Good morning Nigeria
That General was the one that said any yoruba man that votes PDP is a bastard

2 Likes

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by chamboy(m): 5:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

The General did not just wake up one morning and started asking for a restructured country, he has been consistent.
He is different from the people who kept quiet and enjoyed the "yam" with Jonathan while shouting Jonathan till 2099, and as soon as Jonathan lost the "yam" they suddenly changed to be the most vocal advocates for restructuring, that is called hypocrisy.
u said the original truth
Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Sealeddeal(m): 6:46am On Jul 25, 2016
North is a society of poverty,losers and criminals. Every Northern President of Nigeria is there to serve the North. So, the restructuring of Nigeria serves well the Southern interest and can never be supported by backward North who doesn't want to be outpaced in development. The North is already holding the south from determining her future and they,North, has nothing more to lose. Nigeria can never move forward as she should with the present structure of government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade by Sealeddeal(m): 6:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

The SE and Igbos were among the major supporters of GEJ national conference. In fact, if not for constitutional hindrance, we stood for Sovereign National Conference. The SE have always noted the impracticality of Nigeria present structure. Our support for GEJ second term was partly for him to implement the outcome of the conference. It was the Core North and APC led SW that rejected the conference and it's outcome. Today, the voice of rejection for restructuring still finds it's way in leaders from southwest and North. The East is and have always been unanimous in her resolve for restructuring of Nigeria.

36 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) / All Information Coming Has Been Good For PDP, Be At Alert – Davido To Voters / Militant Attacks: FG Suspects Foreign Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.