Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? (7346 Views)

Stop Comment Moderation, It's Killing Your Blog - Slashnec / Hello Webmasters Whats The Best Platform To Build A Hospital Website / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Software202(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2016

I particularly want to center this post on Nairaland.com because I believe it is the largest community for African bloggers. Blogging has been a very successful profession, thus everybody wants to become a blogger as a result of its success stories in recent years. Either prominent or no prominent, all we keep saying is: “I want to become a blogger; even Linda Ikeji (as a female) made it through blogging.
However, when blogging was born in the late 90’s, its second name was: “rush in, rush out”. I wonder why you choose it to be your best friend without knowing much about its biography. These things had causes me headaches in the past few days, before I decide to construct this article. It forces me to go out of Africa (especially Nigeria) to browse and make research about the “white-skinned” bloggers; what they pass through and their success stories.

Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself?

Through my findings (of which am still into), I discovered that the most successful bloggers in the world emerged from the United States and India.
Wait! I found one thing in common, “they are Selfless! - A selfless blogger is the type who wants the best for his viewers and as a result; tries as much as possible to write what we knows, and obtain sources from other websites, includes the link to the source (which takes them to the original page of the article) all in the name of “pleasing their users”.

THEY ARE NOT SELFISH!

A selfish blogger is the type who doesn’t care about the interest of their viewers, and as a result copy articles from any website, paste it on their blog ”without including the reference link to the original article”. – I call them: Smart Ignorant Bloggers. 84% of African bloggers especially Nigerians are Smart Ignorant Bloggers. I am once one of them though, I begin to realize the difference eversince I rolled out to join the second 16% group. I launched a News/Article blog 9jaspot.com 3 months, can’t just believe its outcome within those 70 days. This gives me a urge to launch another “more of Nigerian News aggregator website” just last week. It will certainly work for you also if you quit the Smart Ignorant Bloggers group.
If you are not here for this post, I believe you should not read up to this 410th word of this article. Thank God you still manage to read up to the 425th word, which shows you are ready to awake your already-dying blog website.

A Smart Ignorant Blogger is killing Their Blog In 2 Major Ways:

Are You Going To Listen To The Facts?

1. You Are Making Google Hate Your Blog
Pengium and Panda are smart Google crawler robots. They perform the work of fetching results from different websites whenever a user searches for a keyword or phrase. However, these intelligent robots are so concerned about rendering the users precise and highly related results which matches their requests. This as a result made them formulate some rules which filters the gold from the dust. Displays the golden results first, and set back the dusty ones --- (like results from the SIB, hope you now know what SIB means, if you don’t, you have to read the words 260th times backward from here.). They display quality and unique contents. However, Google will make you its best enemy if your content is not unique.

SOLUTION
Google Pengium and Panda will pardon you if ONLY you include the source to the original article. This simple principle will make your website a regular friend to Google search and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo and AOL. One of the secret behind the most visited websites in the world is their Search Engine Ranking Position (SERP). The higher your SERP, the higher the organic traffic you get. Organic traffics are traffics that comes from search engines, in other words, they are the most precious traffic for advert conversion, including Google Adsense. This is because it was believed that organic traffics are original, they are not the type gotten through blackhat method or spamming.

2. Your Users Will Loose Trust In You and Your Blog
If you keep on posting articles from other sources without including the main source of the article, your users will be so disappointed in you when that find the same article on the original website with proofs that you are not the main author. It looks like you are not real, they keep on loosing interest in your blog.

SOLUTION
If you include the source link: Users will understand that you are real and that your article is legit. This will give them confidence to visit the original source to confirm or learn more.

[Source from: http://9jaspot.com/271/Webmasters-Why-Are-You-Killing-Your-Blog-Yourself-/]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by OneWizy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
You are on point
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by akog(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by rantmoniker(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2016
OP, there is more to website ranking than plagiarism. Doing copy and paste all the time for your website is still laziness, no matter the long tail references you add. So obvious you know a Mod here who pushed this to front page or perhaps you are one.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Abacharles(m): 7:02am On Jul 25, 2016
right on point
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by damcalceb: 7:03am On Jul 25, 2016
Keep preaching, Naija bloggers no dey hear that one o,they will even backdate posts on their blog after they ve copied

1 Like

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by purplejuli: 7:03am On Jul 25, 2016
great points!

www.042express.com
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by falconey(m): 7:04am On Jul 25, 2016
very informational

folks morning y'all don't forget to vote falconey today , how do I vote ? go to the voting thread in fashion section and post " I VOTE FALCONEY CC NLJEGA" on the thread . stay blessed
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by AnonymX: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2016
True especially about copying without giving reference.

We write original articles on www.nkenu.com and the next day, about ten NIGERIAN sites have copied the content WITHOUT giving reference.

Sad, just sad.
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Kenny223(f): 7:04am On Jul 25, 2016
This thread is handy
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by temptnow: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2016
OK we are getting there.
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by babyfaceafrica: 7:10am On Jul 25, 2016
Okay
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by RichYoungNigga: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2016
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]

Informational not informative
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by RichYoungNigga: 7:18am On Jul 25, 2016
No blog site in this world is free and not guilty of plagiarism.

Just name one blog site.

Just only one and i will give you the original source of their posts.
Do you know that the images you add to your blog posts are considered plagiarism ?? Was the pictures taken by you ?? You took someone else's picture.

There is nothing like plagiarism in my world, everyone, every blog site, every organization is involved

5 Likes

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Opistorincos(m): 7:24am On Jul 25, 2016
You are 100% on track bro
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by falconey(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Informational not informative

thank you sir WILL modify right away .
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by uprightman(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by IMASTEX: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2016
Nice info
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Samtoby(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2016
Nice one bro... Blogging isn't easy TBH, I switch my blog (http://techwatchng.com) to WordPress lately and it's pretty much a stressful thing...
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by epelumi42(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Just name one blog site.

Do you know that the images you add to your blog posts are considered plagiarism ?? Was the pictures taken by you ?? You took someone else's picture.

There is nothing like plagiarism in my world, everyone, every blog site, every organization is involved

Plagiarism= copying without credit. Don't tell me every site does that. It clearly shows your definition of plagiarism is distorted.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by twosquare(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2016
Samtoby:
Nice one bro... Blogging isn't easy TBH, I switch my blog (http://techwatchng.com) to WordPress lately and it's pretty much a stressful thing...
Funny world though. Whereas I switched mine from WordPress to Blogger. Op is right, acknowledging the source of your post is professional (same is required in the academic world). I prefer writing original content, reason why every blogger should choose their favorite niche before delving into the world of blogging, so as not to get frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by chipzidar(f): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2016
hehehe my guy wants backlinks
kudos, now you have it grin grin grin
comming from http://thebase.ng tongue
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by raziboi(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2016
Am trying at least am different!!
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by KINGinVAHALA: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2016
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Tolzeal(m): 7:54am On Jul 25, 2016
The fear of Google Penguin and Panda is the beginning of receiving SENSE ! wink
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Tolzeal(m): 7:57am On Jul 25, 2016
Samtoby:

At first, It might be stressful but I promise you with time you will get used to the interface.The beauty of all is you're in the right CMS as google favors webpages WordPress over the rest in SEO.
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by adekennis(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Op ,majority of guys parading themself on this forum as webmaster are fraud ...I gave this bastard guy called Hilary money for web design,he goes by hilarywens05 and PulseWeb on Nairaland..His facebook name is Hilary Brain Iwenofu

https://www.facebook.com/hilary.b.iwenofu?fref=ts

He's a fraud and not a honest person.

I posted on nairaland sometimes ago that i needed service of a web designer on this tread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3180696/need-service-good-web-designer

He contacted me on watsapp and we get talking and agreed on the amount (30k) for him to design a website for me. A lots of people contacted for the offer and after going through the list of sites he sent me.I picked interest in him and i decided to give him the job...We agreed to meet and he came over,he demanded i give him 10k as an upfront payment that balance should be paid after he deliver the job..I gave him the 10k and also 500 naira as his transport fare and also drop this ingrate half way very close to where he stays.

Since the day i gave him the money,he has never for once call me to give me update on the website...I have called him several times but he kept telling me stories ,he said he's done that he just need to upload it last week,its over 2 weeks that i gave him the money,now he has stop picking my calls and he never reply my messages on whatapp anymore

I did search on him with his mobile number and i was able to get his nairaland profile and facebook...I thought he was a honest person and i gave him the money base on the trust i have for him.

This is just to inform others that may want to do business with him to be careful..He's a very dishonest person and I'm going to post this on his facebook also for people to know the kind of person he is..I'm not pained about the money cos the 10k is nothing to me but just to let you know that some guys on this forum are not honest and should never have anything doing with them.

You can check the old tread here for our screen chat of our conversation..I have promised not to bother him anymore but I will make sure I damage his name all over internet that he would forever regret..I will positing this and his pictures on any forum I come across,he would understand the gravity of damage I'm going to do to his image by the time people start putting his name on the internet and negative comments and reports start popping up.Bellow is the link to the old tread

https://www.nairaland.com/3230709/pulseweb-hilarywens05-scam-dont-deal

1 Like

Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Tolzeal(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Just name one blog site.

You seem to be Naive. C'mon let me educate you.
The act of plagiarism is only considered when you're not giving "quote" to the rightful owner.You pictures you pick from google you say?
Well there "More Tool" when searching it gives an Option to "Reuse". If the owner could give right to that, then it's no plagiarism smiley
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by nigeriagospel(m): 8:06am On Jul 25, 2016
rantmoniker:
OP, there is more to website ranking than plagiarism. Doing copy and paste all the time for your website is still laziness, no matter the long tail references you add. So obvious you know a Mod here who pushed this to front page or perhaps you are one.
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by nigeriagospel(m): 8:07am On Jul 25, 2016
Software202:

I particularly want to center this post on Nairaland.com because I believe it is the largest community for African bloggers. Blogging has been a very successful profession, thus everybody wants to become a blogger as a result of its success stories in recent years. Either prominent or no prominent, all we keep saying is: “I want to become a blogger; even Linda Ikeji (as a female) made it through blogging.
However, when blogging was born in the late 90’s, its second name was: “rush in, rush out”. I wonder why you choose it to be your best friend without knowing much about its biography. These things had causes me headaches in the past few days, before I decide to construct this article. It forces me to go out of Africa (especially Nigeria) to browse and make research about the “white-skinned” bloggers; what they pass through and their success stories.

Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself?

Through my findings (of which am still into), I discovered that the most successful bloggers in the world emerged from the United States and India.
Wait! I found one thing in common, “they are Selfless! - A selfless blogger is the type who wants the best for his viewers and as a result; tries as much as possible to write what we knows, and obtain sources from other websites, includes the link to the source (which takes them to the original page of the article) all in the name of “pleasing their users”.

THEY ARE NOT SELFISH!

A selfish blogger is the type who doesn’t care about the interest of their viewers, and as a result copy articles from any website, paste it on their blog ”without including the reference link to the original article”. – I call them: Smart Ignorant Bloggers. 84% of African bloggers especially Nigerians are Smart Ignorant Bloggers. I am once one of them though, I begin to realize the difference eversince I rolled out to join the second 16% group. I launched a News/Article blog 9jaspot.com 3 months, can’t just believe its outcome within those 70 days. This gives me a urge to launch another “more of Nigerian News aggregator website” just last week. It will certainly work for you also if you quit the Smart Ignorant Bloggers group.
If you are not here for this post, I believe you should not read up to this 410th word of this article. Thank God you still manage to read up to the 425th word, which shows you are ready to awake your already-dying blog website.

A Smart Ignorant Blogger is killing Their Blog In 2 Major Ways:

Are You Going To Listen To The Facts?

1. You Are Making Google Hate Your Blog
Pengium and Panda are smart Google crawler robots. They perform the work of fetching results from different websites whenever a user searches for a keyword or phrase. However, these intelligent robots are so concerned about rendering the users precise and highly related results which matches their requests. This as a result made them formulate some rules which filters the gold from the dust. Displays the golden results first, and set back the dusty ones --- (like results from the SIB, hope you now know what SIB means, if you don’t, you have to read the words 260th times backward from here.). They display quality and unique contents. However, Google will make you its best enemy if your content is not unique.

SOLUTION
Google Pengium and Panda will pardon you if ONLY you include the source to the original article. This simple principle will make your website a regular friend to Google search and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo and AOL. One of the secret behind the most visited websites in the world is their Search Engine Ranking Position (SERP). The higher your SERP, the higher the organic traffic you get. Organic traffics are traffics that comes from search engines, in other words, they are the most precious traffic for advert conversion, including Google Adsense. This is because it was believed that organic traffics are original, they are not the type gotten through blackhat method or spamming.

2. Your Users Will Loose Trust In You and Your Blog
If you keep on posting articles from other sources without including the main source of the article, your users will be so disappointed in you when that find the same article on the original website with proofs that you are not the main author. It looks like you are not real, they keep on loosing interest in your blog.

SOLUTION
If you include the source link: Users will understand that you are real and that your article is legit. This will give them confidence to visit the original source to confirm or learn more.

[Source from: http://9jaspot.com/271/Webmasters-Why-Are-You-Killing-Your-Blog-Yourself-/]
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by nigeriagospel(m): 8:08am On Jul 25, 2016
What if I copy and re write without backlink
Re: Webmasters: Why Are You Killing Your Blog Yourself? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2016
There is nothing smart about them. They don't have to write HTML or CSS codes to get a blog still they do copy and paste. Some are deceitful, if you click on an article on their blog, it might direct you to an ad page. Some use pornographic photos to deceive their readers. I write the articles on my blog myself, my blog content is very rich. If I use pictures from other sources, I make sure to refer to it. I don't deviate from what my blog is about. I write about global socio-political issues. Take your time to read and learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Simple Steps That Will Help You Optimize Your Blog Posts / Can Google+ Compete With Facebook / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.