Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Can You Please Point Out My Fault - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Please Point Out My Fault (1012 Views)

It's My Fault / Hello Married People Here, Please What Is The Worst Fault A Partner Can Have? / Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Please Point Out My Fault by jewelflakky16: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
I am not a regular poster but I have issues and I wish to hear people's view on it.
There is a friend of my husband,I am not close to his wife just hi hi stuff but my husband is very close to her husband,to cut the story short, we met at a friend's naming and a conversation started between us. I told her I would soon leave because I have a lot to do at home, and she said she is suppose to leave early too that she has clothes to wash too that her husband is not ready to go yet and he won't help her with the chores, so I said not all men helps at home but if you know how to persuade your man he would help you,I said men likes to be pet, that it's just wisdom we need as women to get things about marriage right. we just gisted about that and we departed
The following week my husband just came to ask me what I discussed with his friend's wife that I have cause fight between the couple,he said the wife told her husband that I said it's my husband that is doing the chores at home that her husband should go and cook for her, even said at times I pretend as if I am sick and allow my husband to do all the chores that her husband is not caring bla bla bla they fought seriously on the issue,and the guy came to report me to my husband that I am teaching his wife bad things and my husband told him I can never say such things, it nearly cause disagreement between them but as guys they just argued and ended it.
But I felt so bad because I never said such things, we just talked generally about guys helping out at home and how we women can make our men help us at home, my husband do help me at home a lot and I felt that would make him feel I am taking him for granted and also make him reduce his assistance at home,Infact I started wondering on all the things I said because I ddnt give her any advice Sorry for my long story story, please tell me how I was wrong.
Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by eyinjuege: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
You were not wrong from your story.

You have however just found out she's not someone you can chat with about anything personal.

Your discussions with her should be as it used to be, hi hi. How's the weather and nothing else. Your husbands being close doesn't automatically mean you guys have to be close.

Just kwantinu your romance with your hubby, and always try to keep whatever you do for yourselves as a couple between yourselves.

Even if your husband washes your undies for you or buys a house for you, keep it to yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by thorpido(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
You didn't do anything wrong,you just met a woman who lacked tact.

Don't worry about them just live your life and mind your family.Keep your relationship 'hi hi' with her.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by David25(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
jewelflakky16:

... To answer your question as to what you did wrong, absolutely nothing. All you did was have a woman to woman conversation with your husband friend's wife. It's obvious it wasn't your intention to cause any disruption between the couple, so in my opinion you can't be held liable for whatever the naive women chose to do with your simple and honest suggestion. So just let it go.
But tip for next time, don't be so quick to share things about your marriage to someone you just met. Maybe if you had known the kind of person the woman was, you would have exercised a little discretion. Its seems to me this other lady isn't matured enough to have taken things up in such a way with her husband.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by jashar(f): 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
.... you had a discussion with the wrong person that's all. undecided

Some people lack wisdom...

4 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by PresVA: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
The woman though grin grin grin ... This goes to show some people take what they read/hear seriously, whether true or false..

Some people may be attacking their spouses cos of what they read on nairaland, funny grin grin sad

People should learn to be content with their choices while striving to make it better (if possible), in a healthy way..
Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
My first impression was that you gave her unsolicited advice. She mentioned that her husband doesn't help with chores and you went on a marital counselling rampage. grin

My second impression is that you two were just having ordinary girl talk and that you meant no harm.

Stay away from this woman. Keep it friendly but formal. wink

And look out for people who know how to have fun. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
jewelflakky16:
I am not a regular poster but I have issues and I wish to hear people's view on it.
There is a friend of my husband,I am not close to his wife just hi hi stuff but my husband is very close to her husband,to cut the story short, we met at a friend's naming and a conversation started between us. I told her I would soon leave because I have a lot to do at home, and she said she is suppose to leave early too that she has clothes to wash too that her husband is not ready to go yet and he won't help her with the chores, so I said not all men helps at home but if you know how to persuade your man he would help you,I said men likes to be pet, that it's just wisdom we need as women to get things about marriage right. we just gisted about that and we departed
The following week my husband just came to ask me what I discussed with his friend's wife that I have cause fight between the couple,he said the wife told her husband that I said it's my husband that is doing the chores at home that her husband should go and cook for her, even said at times I pretend as if I am sick and allow my husband to do all the chores that her husband is not caring bla bla bla they fought seriously on the issue,and the guy came to report me to my husband that I am teaching his wife bad things and my husband told him I can never say such things, it nearly cause disagreement between them but as guys they just argued and ended it.
But I felt so bad because I never said such things, we just talked generally about guys helping out at home and how we women can make our men help us at home, my husband do help me at home a lot and I felt that would make him feel I am taking him for granted and also make him reduce his assistance at home,Infact I started wondering on all the things I said because I ddnt give her any advice Sorry for my long story story, please tell me how I was wrong.

Your fault is clear.

It is: this is your side of the story, and in ones side of the story, one rarely says the part where one is wrong.

Have ever seen where 2 people have an issue and the wrong one in reporting to an arbiter says that he was at fault or tells the issue exactly as it happened?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by PresVA: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
jewelflakky16:
even said at times I pretend as if I am sick and allow my husband to do all the chores
Op, do you do this or not? ? grin grin grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by jewelflakky16: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=PresVA post=47856392] Op, do you do this or not? ? grin grin grin grin wink
No I don't wink make u too no go report me to my husby tongue

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by Almajiri1: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2016
That's one thing with information.You have to give it out in bits and quantum depending on the receivers capacitor.

Disciple yourself against the urge to cast pearls to pigs.

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Point Out My Fault by Nezzel(f): 8:51am On Jul 25, 2016
When you keep to yourself, they will say you are proud. And when you try to become a little chatty, they will still find something to pin on you..

Stay away from her, she lacks tact and wisdom..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why There Shouldn’t Be House-helps In Our Homes / Pls Help,my Pastor Has Snatched My Wife And 3 Children / 7 Things Every Guy Should Do Before You Turn 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.