Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (1394 Views)

Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation / Osinbajo, Ambode At The 9th Edition Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu Colloquium (Photos) / Challenges Of Leadership In Nigeria: A Review By Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ItuExchange(m): 12:51am On Jul 25, 2016
Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Jagaban (born 29 March 1952) was elected Senator for the Lagos West constituency in Lagos State, Nigeria in 1993, just before a military take-over in December 1993. After the return to democracy, he was elected governor of Lagos State, holding office from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007. He is an influential member of the All Progressives Congress party; he also holds both the chieftaincy of the Asiwaju of Lagos and that of the Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom in the Northern Niger State of Nigeria. He is the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party with president Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

Please read more about him here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bola_Tinubu

What People Need to Know About Tinubu
Tinubu is the backbone of APC, believe it or not. I can say that Providence used him to toppled PDP, which drove the nation in into the current quagmire. Without him, I don’t think it would’ve been possible for any opposition to topple the all-powerful PDP.

He’s a generous man; and there are people who love him in spite of criticisms levelled against him. I think his existent is a blessing to APC, Lagos State and Nigeria as a whole.

PDP is now in splinters because they don’t have a backbone. They got no-one that can finance then relentlessly, who’s charismatic enough to win the love, obedience and admiration of other members.

Now a word to those who talk ill of Asiwaju Tinubu. Please know that I’m not a politician and I’m neutral in all things. I’m only speaking my mind. How many of you are living a blameless life?

It reminds me of one Okada rider who was very good at dodging the payment of ticket monies. He knew how to elude those who collected ticket monies, and he often battled them, criticizing them harshly. He passionately disliked the idea of paying ticket monies and people knew this.

However, when he became a secretary of the Union, he’s the fiercest and the most merciless collector of ticket money. He devised a way of preventing other Okada riders from eluding payment for ticket monies. He even collects ticket monies from those who come out after 6.00 P.M. People remind him of when he was an ordinary Okada man, running away tickets, but he ignored them.

This is a great real life lesson. I laugh when I see someone who’s wicked in his own ways, criticizing the government. Most of you who blame Tinubu and other Nigerian leaders are found wanting when closely examined, especially the way you deal with your fellow human beings. You’ve forgotten that those you criticize are human beings like you. Those critics would do worse than them when in power.

Long life Chief Tinubu.

Neteller here: www..com.ng

1 Like

Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 25, 2016
What else do they need to know apart from the fact that:

a) He's one of the politicians who have never decamped before,
b) He withstood OBJ's federal bullying for eight years,
c) He's the father of modern Lagos,
d) He's a master scouter, Fasola, Ambode, Fowler, Ben Akabueze, Banire, Dabiri are results of his political shrewdness,
e) He's, if not almost, the biggest 'shareholder' in APC and most importantly,

F)HE is INSTRUMENTAL to the SENDING of GEJ back to OTUOKE grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Badgers14: 12:55am On Jul 25, 2016
undecided
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 25, 2016
The one and only jagaban!
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by viver1: 1:09am On Jul 25, 2016
This is a great real life lesson. I laugh when I see someone who’s wicked in his own ways, criticizing the government. Most of you who blame Tinubu and other Nigerian leaders are found wanting when closely examined, especially the way you deal with your fellow human beings. You’ve forgotten that those you criticize are human beings like you. Those critics would do worse than them when in power.

[/quote]

Not true. Depends on individual.
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by ashson: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2016
A pastor chained a nine year old boy in a church.

I am a Muslim and I know his action does not represent Christianity. It's against d teachings of Christianity.

So I will rather attack the character of the pastor alone not Christianity.

This is d injustice people do to Islam, a Muslim will do something devilish and the religion of islam will be attacked.

Blame only the action of the Muslim (in person) not Islam, he represents himself not Islam.

We Muslims are not perfect but Islam is perfect. I call upon the media to redefine the concept of terrorism and remove the word Islamic from anything that has to do with terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Kruzilano(m): 1:12am On Jul 25, 2016
Whr is my coffee, whr cup... Its non of my business
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by PMBfirstson(m): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2016
Mofe noh owo bi jagaban
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:21am On Jul 25, 2016
Jagaban is Lagos and Lagos is jagaban
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by chamboy(m): 5:33am On Jul 25, 2016
One thing i would give jagaban kudos for is promoting peace among Christians n Muslims in southwest
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 25, 2016
Yall had better respect him, He's actually the smartest politician Nigeria has ever known. He operates smoothly underground also behind the scene and people like him are the world controllers. People such are Rothschilds, Rockerfellas, The Bush Clan, catholic Pope etc.
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by babyfaceafrica: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2016
Okay
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by springer: 7:03am On Jul 25, 2016
ashson:
A pastor chained a nine year old boy in a church.

I am a Muslim and I know his action does not represent Christianity. It's against d teachings of Christianity.

So I will rather attack the character of the pastor alone not Christianity.

This is d injustice people do to Islam, a Muslim will do something devilish and the religion of islam will be attacked.

Blame only the action of the Muslim (in person) not Islam, he represents himself not Islam.

We Muslims are not perfect but Islam is perfect. I call upon the media to redefine the concept of terrorism and remove the word Islamic from anything that has to do with terrorism.
I Agree With You Because Not All Muslims Are Terrorists But All Terrorists Are Muslims Or Fake Christains.
Re: What People Don’t Know About Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by yetunsbay(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2016
springer:
I Agree With You Because Not All Muslims Are Terrorists But All Terrorists Are Muslims Or Fake Christains.
if there is a fake christian den what make you think a fake Muslim didn't exist

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okoroocha Slapped By A Ghost, Imo Government Reacts.. / State Of Benin - Ekpoma - Auchi To Abuja Road / PHOTO: Nigerian Student Jailed For Sexually Assaulting Woman In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.