Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Sokoto State Old Market On Fire - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sokoto State Old Market On Fire (7950 Views)

Bida Market On Fire / Breaking: Fire Guts Sokoto Old Market / Popular Lagos Balogun Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 25, 2016
Fire out break at Sokoto State Old market!
The cause of the inferno is still unknown, properties worth millions of naira has been lost. As of 11:pm the fire is still gulping some blocks despite persistent effort of Firefighters.
Sokoto state governor Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR is right here giving a helping hand to Firefighters.

Source:
Bashar Isah Jabo
Media Assistant APC Sokoto

1 Share

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 25, 2016
Arrival of H.E Aminu Waziri Tambuwal at the scene

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by QuotaSystem: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2016
I feel sorry for the traders and pray the Almighty grants them the fortitude to bear the losses.

That section of the old market is dominated by Bureau De Change operators as well as gold and jewellery merchants so one can only imagine the magnitude of the losses.

Our fire service desperately needs to to be upgraded and adequately equipped, I am almost dead sure that the lack of firefighting equipment for accessing storey buildings as well as unavailability of oxygen masks played a significant role in the difficulties of the fighters to contain the fire which had been blazing from 9pm till well past midnight.

Kudos to Governor Tambuwal who was on the scene in no time, and served as a morale booster for the fighters and traders alike. His exemplary leadership is worth of emulation and underlines his progressive brand of politics.

May the Almighty restore the losses of all affected ten-fold.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Kruzilano(m): 1:09am On Jul 25, 2016
If its not sabon gari, its kaduna, if its not kaduna its maiduguri.. Na wa.... North and fire outbreak be like peter and paul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by ashson: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2016
A pastor chained a nine year old boy in a church.

I am a Muslim and I know his action does not represent Christianity. It's against d teachings of Christianity.

So I will rather attack the character of the pastor alone not Christianity.

This is d injustice people do to Islam, a Muslim will do something devilish and the religion of islam will be attacked.

Blame only the action of the Muslim (in person) not Islam, he represents himself not Islam.

We Muslims are not perfect but Islam is perfect. I call upon the media to redefine the concept of terrorism and remove the word Islamic from anything that has to do with terrorism.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by QuotaSystem: 1:19am On Jul 25, 2016
Kruzilano:
If its not sabon gari, its kaduna, if its not kaduna its maiduguri.. Na wa.... North and fire outbreak be like peter and paul

I guess Kara Market at Ogbaru near Onitsha that was burned down on May 3rd this year is situated in Katsina State. The Eziukwu market and Ekeoha Plaza fires also occurred in Borno and Sokoto states respectively. Not to mention the Balogun Market Fire in the outskirts of Kaduna.

If you have nothing positive to add to the thread, it wouldn't kill you to jump and pass.

10 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Kruzilano(m): 1:47am On Jul 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

[s]I guess Kara Market at Ogbaru near Onitsha that was burned down on May 3rd this year is situated in Katsina State. The Eziukwu market and Ekeoha Plaza fires also occurred in Borno and Sokoto states respectively. Not to mention the Balogun Market Fire in the outskirts of Kaduna.

If you have nothing positive to add to the thread, it wouldn't kill you to jump and pass.

[/s]
oga shut the fvck up.. I have the right to say whatever I want, did u buy my fone for me

Besides January 2016 fire outbreak in kano
Jos central mosque is what
Kaduna fire outbreak jan 2016 shebi its not north
The filling station in kaduna on apr 2016 nko?
Kano GSM market fire outbreak nko? Which zone has such record only in 2016.... Ogbeni shoara o..take time o.

And if u don't like my post, see oga jump and pass as well, u will not die.

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by QuotaSystem: 2:26am On Jul 25, 2016
Kruzilano:
[s]oga shut the fvck up.. I have the right to say whatever I want, did u buy my fone for me

Kano GSM market fire outbreak nko? Which zone has such record only in 2016.... Ogbeni shoara o..take time o.

And if u don't like my post, see oga jump and pass as well, u will not die.[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Cjrane2: 3:33am On Jul 25, 2016
Kruzilano:
oga shut the fvck up.. I have the right to say whatever I want, did u buy my fone for me

And if u don't like my post, see oga jump and pass as well, u will not die.

[size=15pt]Check the tribe of most of the traders affected. Then you will know the fires aren't accidental.
Cattle markets in the south should actually suddenly also catch fire.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by TheNewIbadan: 3:35am On Jul 25, 2016
Cjrane2:

[size=15pt]Check the tribe of most of the traders affected. Then you will know the fires aren't accidental.
[/size]

Hahhaha..... sebi una talk am say Northerners still want one Nigeria?
Your foolish mistake is reflecting politician wants ON the common man.

The market burned down, but there's nothing you can do about it.
Make noise online as usual.
Cowards.

The thing is, no matter how many times you burn that market down, Ibos would rather live amongst Northerners than to move to the SE.
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by dainformant(m): 4:43am On Jul 25, 2016
very sad
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Kruzilano(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2016
Cjrane2:

[/size]
I get ur point.. True sha...they tryna say "let the igbos go back home".... ONE NIGERIA.. God help us. #letsstayantitribal

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Kruzilano(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=QuotaSystem post=47860538][/quote]ppl like u see the truth and turn their back.... Am sowi for u.
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2016
[size=13pt]Fire Fighters would still be looking for Fuel to pump water.........

Northern markets and fire[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by AxeurdaddyIX: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2016
Sad
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Lilimax(f): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2016
All these fire outbreak in Northern markets embarassed They are becoming too many.
We are not in the Harmattan season for God's sake.
I hope they are not from the handy work of arsonists embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by ayusco85(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2016
Fire fire, me no wan burn this country, give me plenty water, make I quench the fire.

Daddy Showkey
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2016
Eco2580:
Fire out break at Sokoto State Old market!
The cause of the inferno is still [size=14pt]Unknown[/size]
Always Unknown undecided
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by ayusco85(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2016
Kruzilano:

Stop being a bigot pls. So fire doesn't break out in markets in the south??

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2016
But seriously, why does everything on this forum have to be about tribe..and tothink that most of these people promoting tribalism actually believe themselves to be educated..smh..so pathetic
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by nbright: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2016
Buhari ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by VanBommel(m): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:
I feel sorry for the traders and pray the Almighty grants them the fortitude to bear the losses.

That section of the old market is dominated by Bureau De Change operators as well as gold and jewellery merchants so one can only imagine the magnitude of the losses.

Our fire service desperately needs to to be upgraded and adequately equipped, I am almost dead sure that the lack of firefighting equipment for accessing storey buildings as well as unavailability of oxygen masks played a significant role in the difficulties of the fighters to contain the fire which had been blazing from 9pm till well past midnight.

Kudos to Governor Tambuwal who was on the scene in no time, and served as a morale booster for the fighters and traders alike. His exemplary leadership is worth of emulation and underlines his progressive brand of politics.

tambuwal or his relative own one of the Bureau de change, believe me...
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by greatwhite(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
eclipse13:
But seriously, why does everything on this forum have to be about tribe..and tothink that most of these people promoting tribalism actually believe themselves to be educated..smh..so pathetic

It is sad I must say. Nairaland has evolve into an hatred seeding tool for the ignorant and the bigot. They own it. The toxic level of NL is contagious. The more time u spend on NL the more u are likely to experience mentality change.
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Hahhaha..... sebi una talk am say Northerners still want one Nigeria?
Your foolish mistake is reflecting politician wants ON the common man.

The market burned down, but there's nothing you can do about it.
Make noise online as usual.
Cowards.

The thing is, no matter how many times you burn that market down, Ibos would rather live amongst Northerners than to move to the SE.

Any Iboman that lives and does business in the North will always remain a fool because they are obviously not wellcomed there and if they die,they died for nothing!
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Sunglass20(f): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

My fears too when someone told me of it today. The lost is certainly great. May God console and replace all they have lost.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Always Unknown undecided
Broa no be 9ja we dey? cry
Re: Sokoto State Old Market On Fire by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Always Unknown undecided
Bro no be 9ja wey dey angry

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? / Oil Prices Jump On U.s-china Trade Hopes, Supply Cuts / Should Banks Charge Customers For Unsolicited SMS Alerts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.