Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nigerians Are Sacrificing Their Lives - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Are Sacrificing Their Lives (542 Views)

5 Men Trying To Reconnect Electricity, Risk Their Lives (Photos) / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Sacrificing Their Lives by Okikiade(m): 5:04am On Jul 25, 2016
Spending an average of 750 naira per day (7pm-11pm) per day on fuel to power one's generator is madness and it beats all reasonable economic sense but that is what I do because DISCO have refused to supply electricity. But then, way back in time when we used to go to disco parties, we dance in the dark so it is not a strange thing to have disco putting us in darkness perpetually. I guess they did their home work before coming up with that nomenclature. Lol.
In the course of less than six months, one gen set is down and out completely after repeated use and repeated repairs. The other one has embarked on a journey of no return too. I then made a quick visit to the shop I bought the first gen set from just to window shop ni o. Where is the money to buy that now when all we think about is food food and food. Unsuprisingly the price has jumped from 38 thousand naira to 56k in just less than two years. Is that an AP or GP? Such a hike defies sound logic but they will be quick to tell us to keep sacrificing until we 'peme or kaput'. Sure we want Nigeria to be better but killing people under the guise of sacrifice is exceedingly immoral. No moral justification for that. That reminds me of the court judgement asking PHCN and Fashola to reverse the hike in electricity tariff. Has that judgement been complied with? Imagine Fashola. Fashola of all people! Chai, chai, chai, there is satan o. No wonder he fell out with Asiwaju anyway.
But the sad thing again is the plan by the PPPRA to introduce fuel tax, gas tax, kerosene tax, diesel tax and all other unreasonable taxes.
Well, no problems whatsoever if you do not introduce firewood tax and Bento tax.

(1) (Reply)

What Must Be Done To Igbos To Let Them Know That Ambode Hates Them / Im Surfing The Web From 38000ft Above Sea Level / Accenture Breaks Blockchain Taboo With Editing System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.