Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian (33644 Views)

Opinions On Female Genital Mutilation? / How To Get Rid Of External Genital Warts In 3 Days / Female Genital Health And Hygiene: What Females Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by alphamodel1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
mizlovette:
iti boribo, that's d only part u saw
grin
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by knostbrown01(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
myners007:
I am in full support of FGM because i believe that it is the right remedy to curb the excessive level of promiscuity among our girls/women these days. Support FGM if u want a saner black society
Train ur child so that he can give you rest.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by knostbrown01(m): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
myners007:
I am in full support of FGM because i believe that it is the right remedy to curb the excessive level of promiscuity among our girls/women these days. Support FGM if u want a saner black society
am a social worker and has implemented projects of FSW (female sex workers). 90% of those engaged were mutilated. How does that curb promiscuity?..
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by LabiaDestroyer(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ain't gonna change nothing... its what we do, we destroy veejay its a routine
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by sade1994(f): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dejideji1:

@the boldened, we can't completely blame it on lack of circumcision. Her case is just an abnormal overgrowth. And it doesn't apply to all uncircumcised women.

For the issue of her excessive sexual appetite, we still can't blame it on lack of circumcision. I will take her to be a nymphomaniac. She has a high level of androgen in her system, which is not common among women.

And Biologically speaking, women have a relatively low level of androgen when compared with that of men, thus low libido/sexual urge and it varies with their menstrual cycle.

If a woman must be circumcised at all, it must be done with moderation. If it is grossly done, then she is going to have complications. And her husband will never enjoy her.

That is the reason why a lot of marriages are not working well or broken today.

So you think the her long thing has nothing to do with her crazy sexual desires? Well I think it has it's own contribution. .
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Memejem: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
I live in Canada and FGM is illegal here. So I haven't seen any botched FM cases here. But I've seen difficult deliveries from women who have had the procedure don't elsewhere. I've seen cases of women and children being unable to urinate properly, having higher incidences of vaginal infections and difficulties with their menstrual period as a direct result of this procedure. But those problems aren't faced by their male counterparts because of their circumcision.

You just don't understand.

Anyways since you're not in the medical profession it makes it more evident to me that it is more difficult for you to grasp the severity of this issue and you're obviously not willing to do more research and educate yourself. You are more concerned about a perceived opinion of the western world when by all indications you don't live amongst them.

It's quite ridiculous on your part actually.

hoodboy:

No I'm not in the medical profession. Since you are there, please tell me how many cases of female genital cutting (botched) you have personally witnessed/attended to
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Dejideji1(m): 11:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
sade1994:

So you think the her long thing has nothing to do with her crazy sexual desires? Well I think it has it's own contribution. .

Lol, I don't see how that long thing you are talking about can cause sexual desire.

First of all, you need to ask your self this simple question, where does sexual desire emanate from?

Biologically, Androgen is the hormone that is responsible for sexual desires. The sole purpose of that long thing is for experiencing sexual pleasure. Hope you get the difference.

So it can be as long as whatever, but if your level of androgen secretion is very low, you can never have crazy sexual desires.

*lol, I'm still laughing @her long thing*
The thing doesn't have a name lol..
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by sade1994(f): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
2dugged:
I know my cl!toris was completely removed

Please continue to talk sense into those people that are too dumb to see things the way they are.
It baffles me how an uncircumcised idiot would know more than a circumcised woman just because she googled some nonsense off google.
Most of all those effects listed are not true. It's just a brainwash thing from who so ever.

I witnessed my baby sister circumcision some 12 years back when she was some days old. I didn't see anything unhygienic nor out of the ordinary. And within two days the baby wasn't in much pain again.

female circumcision should be a thing of choice. And I choose it.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Dejideji1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
sade1994:

*modified, pls refresh
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by sade1994(f): 11:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dejideji1:

Lol, I don't see how that long thing you are talking about can cause sexual desire.

First of all, you need to ask your self this simple question, where does sexual desire emanate from?

Biologically, Androgen is the hormone that is responsible for sexual desires. The sole purpose of that long thing is for experiencing sexual pleasure. Hope you get the difference.

So it can be as long as whatever, but if your level of androgen secretion is very low, you can never have crazy sexual desires.

*lol, I'm still laughing @her long thing*
The thing doesn't have a name lol..

grin grin grin don't mind me jare..
So a woman with no cli*to*ris at all but with high secretion of androgen would still be crazy?
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Dejideji1(m): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2016
sade1994:

grin grin grin don't mind me jare..
So a woman with no cli*to*ris at all but with high secretion of androgen would still be crazy?

Yes she will still have high desire to do it but when she does it, she will never find it fulfilling, and this can be frustrating.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by hoodboy(m): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Memejem:
I live in Canada and FGM is illegal here. So I haven't seen any botched FM cases here. But I've seen difficult deliveries from women who have had the procedure don't elsewhere. I've seen cases of women and children being unable to urinate properly, having higher incidences of vaginal infections and difficulties with their menstrual period as a direct result of this procedure. But those problems aren't faced by their male counterparts because of their circumcision.

You just don't understand.

Anyways since you're not in the medical profession it makes it more evident to me that it is more difficult for you to grasp the severity of this issue and you're obviously not willing to do more research and educate yourself. You are more concerned about a perceived opinion of the western world when by all indications you don't live amongst them.

It's quite ridiculous on your part actually.

This is about being rational, which you are not because your mind has been programmed to see it as bad. Like i had said earlier, same way you have bad cases of female circumcision is the same way you have bad cases of male circumcision. for every person you've seen haven issues after female circumcision, there are a thousand more who have gone about live a healthy life.

All I'm advocating for really is an end to the bias, and this senseless criminalising of female circumcision while male circumcision is tolerated in the same breathe, which you yourself are guilty of. did you see the pictures i uploaded earlier? there are a thousand more cases like that, and truth be told the only reason people circumcise their male children is because of religious injunction as against any argument of hygiene that is being put up.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Memejem: 2:04am On Jul 27, 2016
I have male friends and patients who have decided to get circumcised well above the age of 20 years. Their personal decision.

Many people I know who are not religious that decided to circumcise their male children. So I have no idea where you get your opinions that you state as fact here. You are reasoning based on emotion. I have experience and evidence on my side.

There are thousands of women from many countries who had had FMG that speak out against it. The fact is that it is proven that there are more cases of FGM that have gone wrong than male circumcision. It is fact. Either do your research or stop quoting me. Where are the male groups who are speaking out against male circumcision as a crime against humanity? Point them out to me if they exist.

I already stated that I don't plan on circumcising any of my children so I don't know where you got the opinion that I support circumcision. I'm not guilty of anything. FGM is NOT the equivalent of male circumcision and for the majority not done for the same reasons in Africa.

The argument of hygiene for male circumcision although mostly invalid in these modern times now was a major factor as to why many people who were not religious got their male children circumcised historically in the western world.

Information is free. Google it and read from reputable sites. Or visit your local library. You reason based on emotion. You have little to no experience on the matter and you're trying to prove a point unsuccessfully.

Let's just agree to disagree. It's obvious that we don't see eye to eye on this matter and both our opinions will not change anytime soon.

hoodboy:

This is about being rational, which you are not because your mind has been programmed to see it as bad. Like i had said earlier, same way you have bad cases of female circumcision is the same way you have bad cases of male circumcision. for every person you've seen haven issues after female circumcision, there are a thousand more who have gone about live a healthy life.

All I'm advocating for really is an end to the bias, and this senseless criminalising of female circumcision while male circumcision is tolerated in the same breathe, which you yourself are guilty of. did you see the pictures i uploaded earlier? there are a thousand more cases like that, and truth be told the only reason people circumcise their male children is because of religious injunction as against any argument of hygiene that is being put up.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by whoisuche: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Men and women are not the same

Genesis 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. Genesis 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. Genesis 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Just copied the Bible Verse and go through it. That is what God said. Thanks Bro.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
sade1994:

Please continue to talk sense into those people that are too dumb to see things the way they are.
It baffles me how an uncircumcised idiot would know more than a circumcised woman just because she googled some nonsense off google.
Most of all those effects listed are not true. It's just a brainwash thing from who so ever.

I witnessed my baby sister circumcision some 12 years back when she was some days old. I didn't see anything unhygienic nor out of the ordinary. And within two days the baby wasn't in much pain again.

abi o, they just google and come here to speculate
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Hmm dnt mind them as long as it's the first degree is OK,the others I won't do myself. one
cekhoe:
I don't know about other people but where I come from people are circumcised as babies, and from experience I have a normal s3x life, so I don't even see what the argument is about, the white people have long lost the moral ground to determine what is right or wrong, and going through this thread the circumcised are not bothered, it seems the ones who have no first hand experience are the ones shouting, maybe the lady that did mine was good at it,because for me,I don't seem to relate to the effects listed
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by faith2ogesco(m): 6:18am On Nov 12, 2017
Afrokan:

Do you realise, both male and female genital mutilation serve the same purpose? To reduce the sexual sensitivity of the sexual organs.
Uncircumcised men have a much better and enjoyable sexual experience than circumcised men same with women
I disagree
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by faith2ogesco(m): 6:28am On Nov 12, 2017
Afrokan:

Its a common misconception.... Both are for the same reason because an unmutilated man as a higher sexual hurge and experience than the mutilated.
I disagree again
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by faith2ogesco(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2017
female circumcision has existed even before the white men dreamt of making voyage to Africa, so it's not about white men, and I would prefer my husband marry another wife than to be fvcking another man, white people are loosing their morality and sanity that I have to take a second and triple look at anything they say,so as far as this matter is concerned I was circumcised as a baby and I can comment on its effects from experience, instead of mere speculation and hear say from people like you, since you were not circumcised, all your points are mere speculation
therein lies the reason you can still enjoy sex. It was done to u as a baby. That helped in various ways. Note that this is my analogy alone
1. No psychological trauma cause you had no sense of self then in reality
2. When done as a baby. The body is still growing so it can develop new means to counter the reduced sexual desire due to FGM and other areas could become more sensitive. An example is how the other senses of blind people are heightened.
If u had experienced it as an adolescent orbit was type 3 fgm. E no go funny at all.
So pls if u want to circumcise ur girl, plz do just a sunna plz
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by zachzach: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
sade1994:

As you chose to have it done, you should be in a perfect position to compare before and after.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by lagusboyyy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
oochi123:
Yeeee! De pain alone is something else..tnk God we dnt do it in my place...
Where is that please?

I dont think most hausa states do it for their girls, like bauchi, gombe and the rest.

Just asking.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by oochi123(f): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Where is that please?

I dont think most hausa states do it for their girls, like bauchi, gombe and the rest.

Just asking.
idoma
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: What You Need To Know As A Nigerian by lagusboyyy(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2021
oochi123:
idoma
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doctors’ Exodus Looms As International Flights Resume This Week / Coronavirus: Why Is NCDC Not Showing The Number Of People Tested? / Common Unnoticed Causes Of Kidney Ailments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.